Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse
2452 Kuser Road
Briarwood Shopping Center
Hamilton, NJ 08690Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.padrinosofhamilton.com/
- Phone: 6095877575
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Coppola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 6 different packages to choose from. Call Kim for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Kim 6095877575
- Entertainment: Call for details
A word from Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse
We are a Family Restaurant conveniently located off Rt. 195 at Exit 3B. Our menu is extensive but our motto is simple...Everyone is Family. Come in join us for a traditional Italian meal or try one of our Chef's innovative dishes. We offer 2 separate rooms. One for more of a Fine Dining Experience and the other for your quick serve whether it's Pizza, Panini's, Salads or Subs. We offer Take Out and Delivery. Everything here is made fresh & made to order. Our servers are here to create a relaxing experience while you enjoy your own wine & our amazing cuisine. Monday and Tuesday Evenings we offer Family Style Tapas. Monday thru Thursday we offer an Early Bird Menu. We do offer 6 different party packages to choose from if you are interested in hosting a Birthday, Shower, Rehearsal Dinner or more. We are more then happy to even create a menu for you that meets your needs. We offer Catering Off-Site also if you are hosting a party at your home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Hamilton ›
Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (13)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Will be here more ofter!ExcellentEateryDined on 8/23/2014We took some family members here for a birthday occasion. We were all pleasantly surprised when the food came out and delivered an outstanding culinary experience. One of the specials was a beautifully cooked steak (more lie a slab) over perfectly cooked risotto topped off with just too much to mention. The steak was very tender and cooked to order. A few of the other plates were Veal parm. and chicken Parma which were also prepared well and also presented as such. The appetizer of fried calimari was breaded lightly and tender which is the way it should be served.Special Features:
- JERZEEGIRLDined on 8/18/2014WE HAD GREAT SERVICE AND FOOD WAS EXCELLENT FOOD !Special Features:
- Family friendlyFamilyfriendlyDined on 8/17/2014The food was fantastic. More importantly, the experience was warm, family friendly and neighborly. Our family dinner could not have been better. The service was great, everyone left smiling with dinner for the next day wrapped in our take away bags and even the 1 year old had a wonderful time. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great Saturday night dinner.luv2eatDined on 8/2/2014We had a great dinner. The food and service were excellent. So much to choose from on the menu. The tables are spaced nicely so you don't feel cramped. We had our 86 year old dad with us and it was easily accessible with his walker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Padrino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Padrino's is a wonderful restaurant. It is our traditional pre race meal before the NJ triathlon. I have recommended it to many people who now go there for business meetings. It is a great place! Portions are incredible and make for great sharing.Special Features:
- Tuesday night dinnerjtydingsDined on 6/24/2014Great service. Great food. Completely enjoayble. Most importantly, no issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 5/11/2014Mediocre! Did not like anything! Waiter was nice, wine was terrible…
- Great food at a great value!JoeNJDined on 5/10/2014Food is very good! And, portions are extremely generous! For the appetizer, we went with the Family Style Appetizer (choose any 3 of what's on the menu). It was more than enough for the 4 of us. Then came soup or salads. By the time dinner came....we were starting to really slow down. We took enough home to have another meal. The staff and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- DonProvolone3Dined on 5/2/2014Food and service are very good. Music is too loud and annoying. I eat here often and would recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth RepeatingSoSadVIPDined on 4/26/2014Excellent food choices, superb flavors,and a BYOB - what's not to love. We'll definitely repeat the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friend from Montclair.niceguyDined on 4/16/2014took best friends, menu is extensive,, tried specials, food was excellent portions were sizeable. everything was very good. we were seated right away, nice table. All in all, an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Date Night SpotTXTouristDined on 4/11/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. I would've given them 5 stars if the ambiance was better and the waiters were a little more knowledgeable about the menu. Food was great though, although a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great food experienceBarryDined on 4/10/2014We always have a wonderful meal at Padrino's and it's so close to our house. Great fit for the neighborhood.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnekessleVIPDined on 4/6/2014After reading other Open Table reviews, I was looking forward to some terrific Italian fare. What my friend and I were served was nothing special at all. I ordered Ischia, a pasta and shellfish dish, Fra Diablo. The sauce was interesting, but the seafood was way overcooked. My friends vegetable lasagna was mushy and bland. The dining room is way overdue a makeover. It had a banquet hall feel to it, with dimmed lights. The waiters, for whom English is not their first language, really struggled with reciting specials. My friend and I were only able to catch about every third or fourth word. So, we will not be back. And we won't recommend it to our friends.
- First time diners.....lhamiltonDined on 4/4/2014My party of four visited Padrino's for the first time last weekend. We will certainly return! The food and service were exceptional. Two of us had the crabcake dinner and it was the best crabcake I've ever had! Huge portions meant lunch the next day!! I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Celabrationrayray56Dined on 4/4/2014Had a nice time. Waitress was a little slow getting to us. It took too many request for water and drinks. The according plyer is nice for a SHORT time but NOT all night. We found it hard to have a conversation. The music was nice but TOO much of it. Our waitress of very good, It just took a while to get our order taken and had to ask for water too many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizers were poor tastinghof57Dined on 4/4/2014appetizers were poor tasting like they came from a box, dinner was plentiful and goodSpecial Features:
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014i HAVE BEEN HERE ABOUT 6 TIMES OVER THE LAST 3+ YEARS- NEVER DISAPPOINTED- PORTIONSARE ENORMOUS! VARIETY AND EXTENSIVE MENU ARE AMAZING-SERVICE LAST SAT NIGHT WAS WONDERFUL AS WELLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special anniversarykfloydhDined on 3/1/2014Celebrated out anniversary and had great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Although the food was very good.It took us 25 min for someone to come to our table and bring us water. 40 min for the waitress to come over and open our wine and tell us the specials and take our order.After getting our food we waited 45 min for a check and another 30 for her to come back and get our CC to pay the bill. I would recommend the food but they need to step up the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014It was Saturday night of Valentine's weekend, so we thought it would be busy. It was, but not crazy busy where people were waiting for tables. Our server was not that attentive. The food was good, not great. I got a chicken dish with a fig reduction and it was a bit dry. Portions were big enough for two people to share, which two of us did. Cheesecake was yum!
- Dinner ReviewCindyDined on 2/8/2014Despite a lackluster house salad, the crab cake appetizer was very flavorful, generously portioned and beautifully plated with a rose cream sauce that I readily sopped up with the delicious variety of breads served. The rib eye lambs chops were delicious as usual and the zucchini, tomato, mushroom medley accompanying it were truly delicious. My husband had the minestrone soup and the veal parm with spaghetti which he heartily woofed down. This was our early Valentine's dinner since we couldn't make it on the 14th. We reserved our table for 5:30PM and were happy to have a quiet room until the room filled as we prepared to leave. Always a wonderful experience at Padrino's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in a strip mallJoeyvDined on 1/31/2014I've known about Padrino's for a while. Just never got around to going. I went last Friday evening. Not real crowded. We had the Bistro appetizer. Lots of roasted peppers, mozzarella, olives and other cheeses. I had the tuna. It came out on a serving plate. Gotta love the portion sizes! My girl had a pasta dish with shrimp and salmon. Plenty big and good. Byob makes this place a great deal. Don't mind the strip mall!Special Features:
- One of our favorate placesBobSDined on 1/26/2014Friendly and helpful staff and great food. One of the things we like best about Padrino's is that they are always willing to substitute sides, sauces, or pastas to create the perfect dish. The portion sizes are also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check before you goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014I made the reservation online and did not know that 80% of the restaurant was being used for a shower. It was extremely noisey. We had wanted to have lunch as we went at 1:00 pm but was told that on Sunday they only offer their dinner menu. I had no notice that you could only order dinner. I still cannot find that on their website. Being blocked off and in the back of the restaurant it was freezing cold. We had two young children with us. We asked the waiter to turn up the heat but it only seemed to get colder. When I had to take my grandson to the bathroom we had to walk right through the shower. Very uncomfortable. The bathrooms were colder then the restaurant. Check to see what is going on there.
- Hamiltons' best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014This is not only my favorite , but all my friends and family! I wish I could eat there more often I enjoy there lunch as well , my favorite is there risotto, and all of the salmon dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great atmosphereauntsis59Dined on 1/6/2014We had great food. The only problem was the menu had too much on it to choose from. lol And it was all excellent. We had nine people and 7 of us had different things and only two people chose the same thing. And everyone was happy with what they chose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beDisappointedDined on 1/4/2014Since the last time we dined here the food and service have deteriorated. Service was poor, the waiter forgetting drinks and food while obviously standing around chatting with other servers. The food was heavy over oiled and lacked the fresh flavorful taste we experienced last time. I would not recommend or return to this restaurant.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2013Get take out all the time and its great so decided to dine in on NYE and was highly disappointed.Had 9pm res and was seated after 930...entire meal start to finish was warm not hot..apps ok...my sea bass poorly cut and served raw,sent back and received same plate with hot sea bass and cold sides..rest of party(4) unhappy also, not enough characters permitted to explain all,seafood pasta special bland,veal special overly breaded, chicken dish burnt one bite ruined palate, again unfortunate cause i've had good experiences with take out but this will be hard to get over.
- awesomebrianDined on 12/31/2013we ate here on New Years Eve, we had a party of 10 people and they accommodated us with no problem! food was awesome and everything came out in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Padrino's New Year's Eve DinnerCindyDined on 12/31/2013Diners in my group said the Lentil Soup was a bit bland, but good. I had the rib eye lamb chops which were very flavorful, perfectly cooked, and a generously portioned which I heartily consumed. My husband had the veal rolitini which was stuffed with crabmeat which he said was excellent. Our server was upbeat, and was accommodating in taking our orders. We have eaten a few times at Padrino's for special occasions, and found the food to be the best yet on this 2014 New Year's Eve. The restaurant was crowded, but the traffic flow was surprisingly well managed. We are coming back again in a couple of weeks for our family post-holiday gathering and look forward to the same quality meal we enjoyed at New Years.Special Features:
- Holiday dinnerMamaMariaDined on 12/30/2013This is not the first time we have eaten here and we will be back! The food is very good. The menu has a very large variety, it takes a while to choose and they always have great specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchLuvitalianDined on 12/28/2013We have eaten at padrino's numerous times and have never been disappointed. They are a bring your own bottle place which helps keep the cost down. Nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLarkinDined on 12/24/2013Choices were unending. The portions were over the top and plates way to large. Other than that it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it herePaulDined on 12/22/2013This place has very good Italian food. Big portions, and also really good seafood. Been here several times, and had a really good meal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday Hectic, but good...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2013Padrino's is right around the corner from my house, and I will often stop in there for take out. Decided to have a holiday dinner with friends (group of 11), since it was a BYOB and in walking distance. Have always known the food here to be good, and it did not disappoint, especially since the portion size (BIG) added to the value of the meal. I actually shared a salad and their Gnocchi dish with my girlfriend, and we had plenty, and both were great. Service was a bit slower than usual, but they were packed with Holiday business...all in all a worthwhile visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, solid and hearty foodfrankiedcDined on 12/21/2013The restaurant is located at the end of a strip mall and looks very unpretentious. Yet inside it is decorated in a simple yet attractive manner. The service is very attentive and at lunch they run a very generous three course meal for fifteen dollars. In fact, I am a big eater and could not finish my meal. The food was well prepared and tasty. There were four of us and we truly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Friendly!JackieDined on 12/15/2013Everyone was very helpful with our wishes re serving family style and very willing to accomodate our needs. Our server was outstanding( Alfonsus) SP? Food was very good and a great value. Was easy to make reservation on line and the restaurant sent a confirming email. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one complaint...OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/29/2013I enjoy Padrino's and we are repeat customers, but my consistent complaint is that their wait staff is lacking. There has to be a disconnect between the greeters and the wait staff because tables get seated and then there is no greeting by the wait staff for up to 10 minutes. This one is easy...even if you are busy you greet the new table, get them glasses and tell them you will back soon. There is never an excuse to leave them sitting there while other new tables are greeted. This has to be fixed or this storefront will be another is a slew of empties in Hamilton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013this restaurant is a great find. their menu is extensive and portions are as big and tasty as anywhere. Is a great place as you can bring your own wine and enjoy and relax as the waitress did not rush us out the door. An overall great night spent with good friends.Special Features: