901 Cole Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.padrecitosf.com/
- Phone: 4157425505
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Su 5:30pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Sam Josi & Luis Contreras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Jordan Dunn 4157425055
- Cross Street: Carl Street
- Public Transit: Padrecito is located on the corner of Cole & Carl. The N Judah line has a stop directly in front. Both the 43 and 37 buses run to Padrecito as well.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available and a public lot is available 3 blocks away at Kezar stadium (Stanyan between Fredrick & Waller)
A word from Padrecito
At Padrecito we pride ourselves on creating a community atmosphere while serving culinary creations and libations utilizing the freshest of ingredients. At the core of our offering is a homage to original Mexican dishes made from scratch each day. House-made tortillas and sauces create a foundation for our ever seasonal menu. While unique and carefully crafted enchiladas and tacos have become house staples. We also take our tequila and beverages very seriously as we search out hand crafted and boutique distilleries to round out our over 60 in house tequilas and mescals. We pride ourselves on providing you a great experience and love what we do everyday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Padrecito - Best Restaurants in Cole Valley ›
Padrecito reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (85)fit for foodies (65)vibrant bar scene (52)hot spot (42)great for brunch (34)good for groups (30)kid-friendly (26)special occasion (24)great for lunch (15)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Best Mexican foodellaschrisVIPDined on 9/5/2014The best quality of food and you can taste it.Great bar and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good stuffsfguyDined on 8/29/2014food was great, service was so-so (we didn't see our waitress after one stop by after food was was brought). A bit pricey to make it a regular stop but I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStephenDined on 8/27/2014Great food, but very noisy. The service was excellent. Unfortunately, we couldn't hear each other talk because of the noise level.Special Features:
- BernieDined on 8/27/2014The noise level in the bar is not conducive to dinner conversation, despite being in a booth. As usual, the food was superb, fresh and healthy. Padrecito's remains my favorite Mexican restaurant in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Fresh Healthy and Exciting Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014The vibe of Padrecito was great - the receptionists were upbeat and helpful......the server was consultative and knowledgeable about the food and specialty drinks (fantastic cocktails). All of our entrees and appetizers were made with quality and perfectly ripened ingredients, arrived on time and were delicious. A variety of salsas came with the guacamole and they were all packed with flavor (ranging from mild to explosive). The Verdura Tacos had a really fresh flavor and at the same time had a depth and breadth of flavor! I recommend the restaurant. It's a very casual, inexpensive neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- BernieDined on 8/23/2014The booths are great! Monday through Thursday there is early bird discount of 15% on feed, 50% off a bottle of wine. The food is very tasty, and the service very attentive. Fabulous place!Special Features:
- upscale taqueriaVeeJayDined on 8/23/2014Service: friendly & attentive. Food: excellent and delicious, & creative with a California flair. (We had a duck chilaquile, a pork taco, a bacon taco, the guacamole, & 2 sangrias.) Ambience: open, dark wood, appropriate. Location: good Parking: bad Price: sangrias too high for just a little glass. Nice note: the waitress made a mistake by bringing us the wrong taco ordered, but then cheerfully brought us the right one without charging us. (That put them over the top, for me.)Special Features:
- Excellent place!kalbertineDined on 8/20/2014You cannot go wrong with Padrecito! Great Mexican food all around!Special Features:
- overly sweet, pricey cocktailsSSLSDined on 7/30/2014too much cream on the rabbit confit taco. salmon taco was good because I love salmon but white fish would be better. yummy octopus salad. good food but a little over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCTDDined on 7/27/2014Most dishes were great couple of misses including the enchiladas Can be too floo floo and overly decorated best when simple and delicious Fab margaritasSpecial Features:
- Good Not FabFoodfunVIPDined on 7/26/2014Cute place ...food needs a little more flavor.... host staff a little snotty ....utilized by UCSF students and families.Special Features:
- Clearly popularFrenchAmyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Padrecito is clearly very popular. We went as a family and the food is very good but the service is a little slow. I didn't mind too much but my Mom did. Also it is VERY noisy there. I wish there was a way to make it less so because it starts to give you a headache after a while.Special Features:
- sfpegasusDined on 7/12/2014The food was awesome and I'll go back just for the smoky margarita, chips and guacamole! Everything is a la carte - just pick and choose and it's easy to share at the table. 6:00pm Saturday might not have been the best choice as there were a significant number of (loud, screeching) children. It's Cole Valley - I should expect that, right?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EnoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014We had the Goat Taco's, shaved octopus salad, little gems salad, Guacamole chips and salsa and cocktails. The server and host were very nice as well as efficient. The Guacamole, chips and cocktails were great as was the little gems salad. The octopus salad had almost no octopus, certainly no shaved pieces visible at all, perhaps a few bits and pieces, not even close to as good as we've had at Perbacco or La Bricciola for the same price. The tacos were on the small side and served warm not hot. At the table next to us we noticed that the Arctic Char tacos seemed to have more filling. I'd come back for chips and drinks but probably eat somewhere else.
- Fabulous addition to Cole ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/1/2014This restaurant serves creative food in a lively and fun setting. Terrific and creative cocktails and wonderful goat tacos.Special Features:
- Favourite eating place in SFkiwipamDined on 6/30/2014Padrecito is fabulous - the team, the cocktails, the home made nachos, the menu, and of course the food is delicious. I take my overseas guests here, they love it too. Padrecito has a nice relaxed atmosphere. The menu has great range of options - from rabbit to duck to good ol chicken and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never as good as the first timeBourbonandboysVIPDined on 6/25/2014The first time I ate here was good- the chilaquiles with bacon were amazing. Subsequent visits were extremely disappointing and the menu is very limited. Would recommend once to try, but after that you've exhausted all options. Oh, and avoid the ceviche, which should be renamed sour fish water- because it's all watered down lime juice and hardly any fish.Special Features:
- excellent foodbettyDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed eating lunch at Padrecitos. The mole enchiladas were excellent, so were the carnitas tacos. Drinks were fantastic too.Special Features:
- Broken promise on loft seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014We were promised loft seating, via phone, which made our first visit with our teenage sons so special. When we arrived, however, the manager said they didn't open the loft for lunch, unless the street level filled up. Needless to say I was very disappointed, especially after it was promised.Special Features:
- A place worth going toAStrayBananaDined on 6/1/2014This was my second time here. As was true last time, awesome food, right off MUNI, in a good neck of the woods, good noise level, and a friendly waiter willing to walk us through the menu despite a busy lunch crowd. Portions are good too. Definitely worth a trip.Special Features:
- MichaelWongDined on 5/30/2014No other food like it anywhere. Seems like it would be light, but very filling. Note about Open Table: It exported the wrong date and time to iCal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectoutandaboutVIPDined on 5/29/2014Came here for my birthday dinner over 15 mins late for the ressie but the staff was super kind and saved our table. Bartender immediately took care of me w/ a delicious whiskycentric cocktail. Pork belly tacos were the fave, carnitas tacos LOADED and delicious, lengua appetizer is a must. Spicy cocktails also a must, try the Pinata cocktail. Definitely make reservations. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2014The food and drinks were delicious. We went for my birthday celebration and the waitress overheard my friends saying it was my birthday. When she brought out the desert we had ordered she had put a candle in it even though none of my friends has asked her to. It's customer service above and beyond like that which makes an experience special. Thank you!
- SuecooksDined on 5/27/2014I was excited to come here and so were my friends, first time for all of us. The food was just ok, nothing was really great. We tried about 5 dishes and all fell a little flat. Ceivche was good but more liquid than fish, especially for $14, maybe 2 bites each? Kale salad, also nice taste, but very little of the "stuff" in it, pickled carrots were so thin there was no taste, 3 hominy nuts ( really and they were the best part), no grapefruit at all. Meatballs were ok, fried kale was the best part. Arctic char tacos were good. All in all a decent meal, but we were not very impressed, especially for the price.
- Notable Tequila ListrnbwkatVIPDined on 5/25/2014Ok so I marked "notable wine list", but they don't have a spot for notable Tequila list. Who knew you could do a fabulous tequila-memiso that rivaled most champagne mimosas! We have had dinner here before, but this was the first chance to try brunch and it was indeed worth it!! Service - out of this world. Oh, and I never want to give any restaurant 5 stars on food - they might stop "inventing". So even though the food was amazing -- um, chefs - please continuing inventing new things!Special Features:
- Terrific flavorscalialiroseVIPDined on 5/24/2014Padrecito is a terrific dinner spot for food, drink and ambience. The wait staff was gracious, knowledgeable and timely. They have a broad selection of mescal, anjejo and tequila as well as a menu of fantastic venue specific cocktails. The flavors in the food were both familiar and new for mexican. The goat tacos and pork belly tacos were favorites at our table. The popsicles dessert were refreshing and fun. Highly recommend. We will be going back.Special Features:
- loudnoiseVIPDined on 5/23/2014This place is so Fu...... loud and it overpriced mexican food
- The following 139 reviews are from the Padrecito reviews archive.
- Only "OK"AjwsfVIPDined on 5/17/2014The ambiance is frat party loud, the service is slap dash, and the food and drink is only "OK". I can't really think of a reason to go out of your way to eat here. Go to Nopalito for FAR better food and a much more conversation-friendly experience.
- Fabulous experienceBeckyDined on 5/17/2014Love everything about this hot spot -- especially the host!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2014Nice to find a sit-down mex place outside the mission with some spice. Very enjoyable meal except for the ceviche which was lacking actual fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!des315Dined on 5/11/2014So happy to have found this restaurant. The food is upscale Mexican with fresh ingredients and adventurous flavor. The ambiance is very cool - Mexican iconography without being cliche or kitschy. The service was prompt, friendly and knowledgable. The churros are TO DIE FOR.Special Features:
- Modern Mexican DinningRobTomasHawaiiVIPDined on 5/9/2014I moved to the neighborhood in the past 5 months, and this has been a place we keep coming back to so often. There's a lot of great finds throughout Irvine street and Haight District, but probably the best way to describe the restaurant is modern Mexican dinning. They have a ton of vegetarian meals for the heal conscious, and the bartenders make some wicked margarita. Love the ambiance, especially at night when they play a Western style movie on the wall. The staff are attentive, and is completely on it! It gets packed, but so much fun!! So if you're looking to dine here, best to make reservation, otherwise, the bar has standing room which makes it fun to make new friends in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKWallycDined on 5/3/2014Went here Saturday expecting big things, unfortunately I wasn't blown away, in my opinion the food is ok, but for the price it really isn't anything special, the cerveche in particular was very poor. Cocktails were way to sweet which overpowers all the other flavors. Service was good and efficient. Would I go back, no, with all the other options for Mexican in the city you can get better value elsewhere.
- Awesome food and drinksMTIMGDined on 5/2/2014We LOVED every single thing we ordered, food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Tequila selectionrnbwkatVIPDined on 5/1/2014I found this gem while looking for a new Tequila bar. What a find! Tequila selection is not overwhelming - it is just perfect. Good selection of some of the better choices. Tequila is meant to be sipped, and I did a lot of sipping of some new brands. Looking forward to going back VERY soon! This could be my new favorite! And the habanero salsa was to die for!!!!Special Features:
- Always deliciousAbshawDined on 4/27/2014We frequent padrecito every month and the food is always fantastic. This place is heaven for those of us who are gluten free and most dishes are also soy free! We've taken many friends here who always have loved it. They have great cocktails and a new happy hour, 530-630 mon-thurs and 5-6 on fri with reduced priced Margs, bottles of wine and the entire food menu! It's a relaxed atmosphere with dates sitting next to gregarious groups. Also very kid friendly, especially earlier in the evening before the crowds. I highly recommend you eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/24/2014Very loud, difficult to converse with party members.Special Features:
- Refined Mexican-Inspired foodNicolasVIPDined on 4/11/2014Went for brunch. Great margaritas. Awesome food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!ArielDined on 4/6/2014The drinks are superb, the food is amazing, and the atmosphere is fun while still being elegant and comfortable. The chips, salsa and guacamole are simply the best in their class. The salads and tacos are always exquisitely fresh and perfectly prepared. Best of all, our toddler is welcome, and he loves the place and the kids' menu options. There aren't many places where we can get a truly excellent meal with him in tow (and happily occupied with crayons and chips).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, mediocre foodKwkwDined on 4/4/2014Crudo, ceviches, and cocktails are excellent. However, the empanadas, chilaquiles, and tacos are only average. The quality of the ingredients is very good, it just doesn't come together and flavors were often muddy rather than vibrant./fresh. The restaurant looks great, and except for some backless bench seating (perching?) by the windows is very comfortable. Fairly loud. Service was outstanding.