310 East 44th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.padrefiglio.com/
- Phone: 2122864310x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alberto Argudo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering services on or off premise. For over 22 years we have been serving most of Midtown's major law firms, financial corporations and UN Missions.
Our catering menu is very diverse, offering delectable Italian favorites, along with all kinds of fresh fish and seafood and, of course, our superb Italian Piemontese Beef, cuts of Porterhouse for 2, Fiorentina (T-Bone), NY Strip, Filet Mignon, Rib-Eye and Skirt Steak. For those who welcome the extraordinary, we also feature Racks of Wild Boar, New Zealand Venison, Lamb, Filet Mignon of Buffalo & Ostrich
- Private Party Facilities: We'll proudly customize your next corporate or personal event by attentively listening to your needs and wants. We'll then put together a menu to suit your palate and your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Cerra 8888623064
- Entertainment: Live Music on Fridays and Saturdays.
The incomparable Mr. Danny Nye, formerly of Bruno's performs
on Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 P.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Join us for great food, service and an evening of fun.
Make sure to mention that you want to sit by the Music, when making reservations or further away if you'd rather.
Visit our web site for menus.
- Special Events: We will host special events on a monthly basis. Whether it's a wine dinner or a seasonal "game" dinner or a "white truffle" dinner, you are welcome to add your e-mail address to our data base so we may contact you with an invite.
- Cross Street: Between 1st and 2nd Avenues
- Public Transit: We are located just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal. You can take the 4, 5 or 6 to 42nd Street/Grand Central Station. You can also take the local Bus on Third Avenue, going north or Lexington Avenue, going south.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We use the services of Icon Parking on 45th street, between Second and Third Ave., on the South side of the street, just before The Amish Market. You may park there Monday through Friday from 5:00 P.M. to Midnight and on Saturdays any 8 hours for the reduced rate of $10, that's it!! Bring us the ticket and we will stamp it for you.
A word from Padre Figlio
Putting a new spin on the classic and often impersonal steakhouse model, father and son team, Antonio and Mario Cerra, have opened PADRE FIGLIO, a new, welcoming Italian Steakhouse on the far East side of Manhattan. PADRE FIGLIO is offering an original menu, impressive ambience and genuinely warm service. Taking their hospitality experience and hands-on approach from running their successful, ten year old Midtown Manhattan, Italian neighborhood restaurant, Da Antonio (157 East 55th Street),the charismatic Cerra duo is excited to be starting fresh. With highly experienced Executive Chef Alberto Argudo (Campagnola, Il Mulino NYC) leading the kitchen, PADRE FIGLIO's menu is sure to please all palates with its vast selection of top quality Italian meats, superb Seafood selections, in addition to traditional Southern Italian (Neapolitan & Sicilian) fare.Continued
Located near the U.N. and Millennium UN Plaza Hotel, PADRE FIGLIO is the perfect dining destination for locals and visitors.
Located near the U.N. and Millennium UN Plaza Hotel, PADRE FIGLIO is the perfect dining destination for locals and visitors.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Padre Figlio reviews from OpenTable diners
- Amazing italing placePatriciaDined on 4/22/2014I loved my second visit to this restaurant. The food wasn't as good as the first time but it was still OK (I had gnochis), maybe I just chose the wrong dish.. The service was amazing as usual and the noise level was particularly low.Special Features:
- Exquisite italian foodAnnMVIPDined on 4/19/2014I've stumbled on this restaurant by accident. It's a quiet gem located around the corner from the UN. The atmosphere is reminiscent of an old world italian restaurant, not necessarily in the states. The owner is a real restauranteur, greets you nicely and has a fantastic way of presenting the specials of the day. The service is impeccable. The food is fantastic! A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014Pre show dinner offer was excellent and unlike most restaurants Padre did not skimp on the portions. Our waiter did a fantastic job guiding us through dinner and his wine choice was great. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE OF MY FAVORITE RESTAURANTSGrannyof6Dined on 4/5/2014Padre Figlio Italian Steakhouse is more than a restaurant.The way the owner, Antonio, or his daughter Cathy greet their patrons, makes them feel like they are part of the family. Antonio or his son, Mario, will tell you their specials like they are reading poetry! The food is absolutely delicious, and they'll prepare it to order.The help is warm and friendly, and the entertainment on most Friday or Saturday nights is outstanding.Daniel Nye, an international showman, can play and sing in any language, songs from Broadway shows, or the latest in jazz or pop music.Often he calls his friend, Julio Cruet-Adrover, a master of the bolero and other Latin music to sing and, sometimes for a real treat, they do a duet. Great place to spend an evening!Special Features:
- Great food.... Could haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Great food.... Could have done without the singingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service hereNinaVIPDined on 4/2/2014Every time I dine at this restaurant, the service is excellent. This time, I requested for a private table and we were given a real private one. The food is very good, even just the plain rigatoni with fresh tomato sauce is tasty. The entrees are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014We had such an amazing experience. From listening to my special request through open table, and giving us a complimentary dessert, everything was wonderful. Our waiter was EXCEPTIONAL (i forget his name). Very impressed. We went on Sat night, 3/22, and it got very warm in the restaurant. I would suggest turning the heat down :) Tiramisu is a MUST
- Good Italian FoodTonyVIPDined on 3/15/2014A real family owned Italian restaurant with an Italian chef in the kitchen. Fish or steak, it's your choice. All the entrees were excellent. Be sure and try the homemade pasta. A real find for good Italian food, family has been in the business for years and really knows how to treat their patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2014Attentive service, excellent food, impressive wine list. A bit overpriced and far too long specials menu (a whole extra menu...). All in all enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No consistencySMWCVIPDined on 3/7/2014I have eaten here at least half a dozen times. Each time has been either fantastic or mediocre. This particular time , after explaining to the waiter we could not eat meat & we had already knew what we were having , insisted upon going over the specials which were nothing more than pre-exsisting menu items prepared in a different manner & took several minutes to go over. We still ordered the chilean seabass which had an overbearing iodine taste to it that I have only come accross when the fish is not fresh. The lobster bisque is still adequate but arrived at the table within what felt like seconds after ordering . The prawns were a bit dry. We skipped dessert simply because everything else was just "off".Special Features:
- Excellent food and service, but...UNGemDined on 3/7/2014A great place for an important business lunch or romantic occasion. The food and service are excellent. Regarding decor, it still reminds me of the Chinese restaurant which used to be there many years ago, so maybe a change in decoration is in order. What really upset me and spoilt the experience was the addition of 20% gratuity to the bill. We were a party of four, there was nothing written anywhere in the menu about such an addition. The first waiter I approached said that 15% did not cover their costs, but gratuity is not meant to cover costs. Eventually the manager listened and I paid 15%. Totally unnecessary discussion which, as I said, spoilt a great food and service experience.Special Features:
- Very good food, atmospheretouristDined on 3/1/2014Very good food, atmosphere and service. very loud music to talkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a great time and enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014we had a great time and enjoyed the wine, food and danny Nye's music - we made reservations for march 15thSpecial Features:
- The menu was excellent andVanJoDined on 3/1/2014The menu was excellent and the food served was great. Amazing how many specials there were and that the waiter could even remember these..!Special Features:
- GratitudeAlekseiDined on 2/28/2014Thank you Padre Figlio for excellent service and great attention to the wishes of customers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good gathering placedocky2VIPDined on 2/22/2014We were six and were bascially all pleased with the place and the meal. I was disappointed with the carpaccio which I have had many times at lunch but this time the meat was barely visible and cold. lots of greens; little beef. The rest of the meal was very good for all of us. At 9:30PM music started but it isn't background music where you might still be able to hold a conversation, it was very loud and dominating. Didn't appreicate that! This is basically a very good restaurant that offers many specials and the food and service are good. Just a few glitches this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very professionally10025VIPDined on 2/18/2014This is a very professionally run, somewhat traditional Italian restaurant with a large and diverse food and wine selection. Those who order attentively will be reasonably happy with the value of their selections. Those who want to spend conspicuously are perhaps a little better accommodated by the pricing. However, the quality of the food and wine is good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!mindypooVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food - fantastic, music terrific, fun, outstanding in every way. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent For Romantic OccasionKevvDined on 2/14/2014Padre Figlio was a great find for me. I saw it initially on Groupon but did not want any restrictions for our Valentine dinner so I looked at the Valentine menu. We were not disappointed. it turned out to be a magnificent night. the food was out of this world and the service was great. Our server (Nick) was funny and courteous and made us feel special on a special night. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best time!!DianeVIPDined on 2/7/2014We were at a hotel up the street and had a late dinner here. What a blast, excellent food, service and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for lunch. PortionsCyntDined on 2/4/2014Went here for lunch. Portions are huge! Food was delicious. I had the chicken marsala. my co-workers had the smoked salmon ravioli (very rich in flavor). ambience is nice. service is great. we'll prob go back to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceLaurenRDined on 1/25/2014We had a wonderful server who described each dish with an appropriate (and slightly amusing) italian pronunciation. Everything we got was wonderful. A ricotta souffle appetizer stood out as unique and delicious. There were several additions to the menu which was good but a little overwhelming, but we ordered several items from the specials. My homemade pasta with prosciutto was really good. I was a little turned off when i checked in (we were asked if we had "dining certificates" which made me feel like either I was a sucker for paying the real price or I looked like the type of customer that screamed "GROUPON!!") but otherwise we had great service. The "live" music (karoke machine made it not quite live) was entertaining as well....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great, waitersLovefoodDined on 1/18/2014The service was great, waiters were very knowledgable . Loved the private table we had in the back room. Drinks were good. Portions were a great size. Everything was explained perfectly. Food was good.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and good serviceJoePVIPDined on 1/17/2014Been here several times. Food is always good and plentiful . Our server ,Nick, provided us with excellent experience. We were not rushed and were made to feel welcome and appreciated. We will most definitely return and continue to recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service,bad entertainmentluxieDined on 12/31/2013We went to Padre Figlio for New Years Eve. The food was good, the service was good, but the entertainment was right out of a 1950's lounge act. The singing was fine and the songs were OK, but the performer managed to insult numerous ethnic groups throughout the night. I actually felt like leaving because it was so offensive. It really ruined our night. It was especially ironic given that the restaurant is a block away from the United Nations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EveclaytonDined on 12/24/2013We had a wonderful time AGAIN and our friends were impressed. Menu, food, service, all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!OBJECTSDined on 12/23/2013Everything about this evening was great and made special by the staff. They had a tremendous amount of specials and the waiter was exceptional at walking us through them. Also, they were very flexible and accommodating adjusting portion sizes. They paid a lot of attention to detail. The 6 of us really enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:
- I like it!CarinaDined on 12/23/2013This has become my favourite go-to place for lunch as a result of the variety available on the menu (plenty to offer on a day when I want to eat healthy as well as on a day when I want to indulge) and the very attentive and helpful staff. The price is absolutely in line with the quality and quantity of offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always tremendous.Din23VIPDined on 12/21/2013Food is always tremendous. Lots of energy, and active atmosphere. Really nice menu and specials with reasonable prices. Excellent Italian wines.Service started out good and then dropped off once food came, not sure why. If you are staying or visiting the neighborhood, Padre Figilio is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu with plenty ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/14/2013Great menu with plenty of evening specials. It's always a favorite when visiting the City. Service is attentive and food is always top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulent SeabassCatinaDined on 12/13/2013Please if you visit Padre Figlio do not pass on the Seabass Oreganata; melts in your mouth. Delicious!!!!! The specials were also a find special the Terra Mare salad. Truly a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian in New YorkDebsDined on 12/7/2013This was a busy restaurant with not only a huge menu but a huge list of specials which doubled the amount of food available. We enjoyed this but did think it a little on the pricey side especially for wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceHeatherDined on 12/6/2013Bad service from management. If they believe you aren't going to run a big bill, they will put you at a bad table and wait on you less. Also, restaurant can't handle it when it gets crowded. Waiters are very nice though.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceNYCnewbieDined on 12/5/2013Wonderful location, great ambiance, excellent service, awesome food. Many great authentic Italian dishes along with daily specials...so many great choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceMDFoodiesVIPDined on 12/4/2013We like to visit Padre Figlio when in NYC. As usual, the food was excellent. But tonight the service was not as good as usual. The restaurant was very busy and it became nearly impossible to get anyone's attention. It was difficult to even get our check. But, the food will bring us back!
- Wonderful ExperienceStewMahoneyDined on 12/2/2013The food was fabulous, the service impeccable, the ambiance beautifulSpecial Features:
- Another Great Meal at Padre FigliosRichDVIPDined on 12/2/2013This time I went for a business luncheon here and had the black squid ink pasta with lobster as an appetizer and the ostrich special as the meal. Both were excellent. The other meals were also the same appetizer with another pasta special of the day with pancetta along with a chicken piccata dish. All were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceIrcveroVIPDined on 11/30/2013Padre Figlio was a restaurant selected at random on my Open Table iphone app during intermission at a Matinee performance of Kinky Boots. Little did I know that the fabulous Broadway performance we were enjoying would be upstaged by the dining experience awaiting us that evening. We were amazed at the start with an impassioned and sumptuously detailed 'specials' presentation by 'The Padre' followed by a fantastic meal but we were unexpectedly blown away by the dynamic and engaging piano 'performer', Daniel. What a day! What a night! What great memories! I definitely recommend the restaurant for a great meal but I think the entertainment bonus is only available on Friday and Saturday nights. Don't forget to ask about 'Alice'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Padre Figlio @ E 44 th StOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2013Padre Figlio @ E 44 th St was a wonderful culinary and cultural experience. The food was incredible and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJeffDined on 11/23/2013I took my family who was visiting from out of town here. Everyone enjoyed the food and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.