704 Lantana Dr
Hockessin, DE 19707Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.padirestaurant.com/index.html
- Phone: 3022391800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - Sat: 11:00pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Padi
Padi opened its doors in Lantana Square in September 2010. Featuring Japanese and Thai cusine, Padi is a refreshing addition to fine dining in Hockessin, Delaware. Padi's owners decided to open another restaurant after Rasa Sayang became a hit in Independence Mall on Concord Pike in Wilmington. Padi offers a large selection of Asian cuisine for dining in or taking out. Patrons can enjoy lunch or dinner with family or friends in Padi's unique dining booths, or have a fun experience at the sushi bar. Additionally, larger parties can enjoy their evening out in the back dining room of the Restaurant. Padi also features a full service bar in the evenings. Sushi and other appetizers make for a delicious addition to happy hour!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Padi reviews from OpenTable diners
- First visitLandenbergDinersDined on 6/27/2013Excellent. Helpful and friendly staff. Fresh scallop sushimi was mouth watering.Special Features:
- Food could use improvementAnneDined on 4/14/2013The food was just OK. We tried the chicken curries. These dishes could be a lot better if they didn't skimp on the quality of the chicken. A lot of it was fatty and/or tough. This is our second experience at this place, and we were not impressed enough to come back soon.
- The sea scallops were excellent,foodieVIPDined on 2/12/2013The sea scallops were excellent, as were the chicken dumplings!Special Features:
- Great Pan-Asian RestaurantPappyDaveDined on 12/24/2012Great food, and very friendly service. Very nicely decored. Very modern Pan-Asian setting with large glass windows to view the outside. Food presentation was fantastic. First time customer and will defiinitely make this my favoraite Thai and Sushi place.Special Features:
- Padi's came highly recommeded,howevOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Padi's came highly recommeded,however I think we may have set our expectations too high. The appetizers were delicious,but sadly they were extremely small. The Thai dishes were tasty however not the best for a vegetarian. The sushi was par,would not go again- for those prices I expected a little more. The restaurant could use updating and the booths are in desperate need of dividers. Overall expected better.
- The waitress was very bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2012The waitress was very bad. She was very friendly, but we waited more than an hour for our entrees. We waited ten minutes for our drinks. My husband ordered the Pineapple Rice dish because he is a vegetarian, there was not a single piece of pineapple in the dish. While my dinner tasted great, we waited over an hour before we received it. We had long waits between our appetizer and entree. We had empty glasses for more than a half hour before the waitress came back to our table. We will not return.
- Not Authentic Thai Food!TracyDined on 8/29/2012Our first time and for sure our last! Anyone who know good Asian food or anyone who knows good food will discover Padi is definitely not authentic and worst, it taste worst than the discounted "all you can eat buffet" or "take out" places. The sauce was so sweet and flavorless we were at total lost. For sure it doesn't taste like Thai but instead Asian food went terribly wrong or maybe its made for amateurs who just want something "Asian" regardless of the taste! Also, the portion was a joke, we ordered the most expensive fish on the menu and it had so little fish, the Deluxe 21pcs Sashimi was cut so thin, it's like an appetizer portion but charged entree price. Oh, the service was terrible as well. Bottom line, don't waste your money!
- This was an odd night at Padi.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012This was an odd night at Padi. It seemed as though they might have been short staffed with only one person making sushi. It took a long time to get food once ordered. Main courses did not come out at the same time causing that awkward decision for guests to eat while their food was hot or wait for everyone at table to be served. No apologies made by server, although she was pleasant. I have had lunch at Padi many times with prompt service and food had always been delicious. This was first time here for dinner. Wishing was good but Green Curry with Chicken not up to par. We are hoping just an off night and will give Padi one more try for dinner.
- Padi offers very good AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2012Padi offers very good Asian food. Their noodle dishes include great sauces that are flavorful, but not too oily. The vegetable rice was srved in a pineapple.. Talk about cool presentation. The sushi was good, not the best, but not the worst. Pad Thai is very good. The staff is helpful and the service was very good.
- The food was delicious andJRB1Dined on 5/18/2012The food was delicious and the service was great - attentive but not "pushy".Special Features:
- First Visit, but NOT the last :)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2012We decided to get the satay (moist and delicious chicken), an appetizer maki (just the right amount of ponzu), and a zebra roll (magnificent!) to start and were very much looking forward to our main courses, knowing they would be as tasty as the starters. We were not disappointed. The curry was perfectly spicy with flavor, not burn-your-mouth, and the Udon (with large, well prepared shrimp) was equally delicious. I asked for, and was given with no problem, some chopped ginger to enhance the dish. Portions are generous and the prices are right! We will return!Special Features:
- Excellent Asian in Hockessin....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2012Took Granddaughter and her boyfriend to celebrate her 30th birthday, first time for them, repeat visit for us. Range of selections was diverse from Red Curry with Chicken to Pineapple Fried Rice with Shrimp, to Thai Basilica with Chicken, to a variety of Sushi, with appetizers and desserts. This, with drinks, was ~$100.Food was great! Service was attentive and helpful. It was a great choice for an informal birthday celebration.Special Features:
- great sushi....solid food....5OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2012great sushi....solid food....5 star hot is HOT!!!!!!Special Features: