Padella at the Westin Washington Dulles
2520 Wasser Terrace
Herndon, VA 20171Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Padella at the Westin Washington Dulles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://padellaitalian.com/dulles/
- Phone: 7037933366
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am-11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: Padella Lounge 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luca De Marchis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Padella at the Westin Washington Dulles
Fresh, Simple, Italian...Chef Luca De Marchis presents a very approachable style combining local Virginia ingredients and Italian flair. Breakfast features a SuperFoods menu to begin your day in a healthy way, served a la carte or buffet. Lunch promises to be quick or leisurely with a full menu of salads, panini and pastas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Padella at the Westin Washington Dulles reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Never againWestinDullesRegularDined on 11/5/2013It's hard to even write a review for the restaurant because no one would serve us. We had 7pm reservations and I started trying to get seated at 6:30pm. After 3 trips to the front desk to get someone to help us, no one ever showed up. NO ONE. There was no one walking around the restaurant and no one to help us get a seat. I was there for a 2014 planning session with my employees and can honestly say I will never be back. And instead of being punished through dinner, we grabbed a cab and ate at Morton's instead.
- When I arrived the reservationMichele01Dined on 10/4/2013When I arrived the reservation was cancelled though (not sure why) - but the restaurant was not crowed. The bar was crowded but not the restaurant. Food was a little expensive but good and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than ExpectedEagle779VIPDined on 9/20/2013For a suburban hotel restaurant, Padella greatly exceeded our expectations. The bar was lively, we had an outside table in the restaurant with a nice view, the service was very prompt and attentive, and the wine list was good. The rockfish (mislabeled "Branzino") was very nicely sauteed, and the pasta bolognese was well prepared - al dente- and split in half in the kitchen for sharing. Overall, a really good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average hotel restaurantPonnVIPDined on 3/15/2013Food is on par with Macaroni Grill or Carrabas, but priced at least 50% higher. Ambiance is bland and corporate, and not intimate or special enough for the prices. Service is inconsistent and not well coordinated. We had one good waiter, and three that were poorly trained (and two did not speak English well). If you are staying in the hotel and don't want to get out, then Padella will likely satisfy you - especially if you are on an expense account. I don't see the average quality and lack of value satisfying local customers.
- Wonderful space, inventiveDowntownJonVIPDined on 10/25/2012Wonderful space, inventive menu, but the food was bland and disappointing. The soup of the day was french onion. It was served in a regular soup bowl with melted cheese floating on top of a panache of caramelized onions. My guess is that the soup is not oven proof so the cheese was not melted (and thus no light charring) at the right temperature. The cauliflower soup was much better. The seared tuna salad was okay. The red vinegar dressing was emulsified so it was more like an aioli. It was okay. I usually eat at the Vinifera at the Westin in Reston but decided to give this place a try since it is much closer to my office. Lesson learned.
- There are not many restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2012There are not many restaurants in this area. We chose it to celebrate an office mate's birthday. We enjoyed the build-your-own salad as an alternative to a Salad Bar because we could stay at the table and socialize for our short time limit. There were only 2 other tables in our section. We had to stop waiters to place our order, to get our check, to refill our water. So I would have to recommend it because there's not much else close by, but not because of the food or service.
- Better than average and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2012Better than average and more economical than average for an airport hotel restaurant.
- Unexpectedly SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2012My wife and I stayed at this Westin for a layover on our way to a winter getaway. We met friends from DC at Padella for a late dinner. We were quite impressed by the cuisine and the excellent wine list. Airport area hotels rarely boast anything like this. While we waited at bar, the bartender offered us tastes of some of the fine wines. All were excellent. Although I'm not big on fried foods in general, the fried oyster appetizer was outstanding - very light and tender. The Linguini with Clam Sauce was equally memorable - perfectly prepared with just a touch of spicy heat. Service was cordial and snappy. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- It was Velentine's day andFoodieFromAldieDined on 2/14/2012It was Velentine's day and I was glad to get a reservation for two at very short notice, the place was huge, and it was of course a busy night so I can understand if the service was a little slow. I ordered the Oso Bucco which came out as advertised. My wife enjoued her pasta dish and the portion was more than enough. I recommend the place but it is too big to ba a romantic setting, it's a hotel restaurant so it probably is better suited for business lunches and dinners. There is a spacious bar. The food is good, the bread basket especially, which came with a nice garlic-olive oil-cheese dipping sauce. It is a bit too pricey though, $30 for the Oso Bucco. Moderately priced wine list.
- Don't go here on Valentine's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went on Feb 14th, so I know they where much more busy than usual. But service (basically our primary server) was terrible. Example, of just a couple of about 5 things I could point out. We didn't get our bread until our main course came even after asking about it twice first when our drink order was taken, and then again when our soup appetizer arrived(which was pretty good except it had obviously been sitting for a while and really cooled down). We saw many other tables had their bread served before their appetizers arrived.
- what a findgerilDined on 2/11/2012what a great find in an out of the way location! Everything we ordered was wonderful....soup, salad and entree's. Great service. Pleasant atmosphere. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Elsa was suburb and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/13/2012Elsa was suburb and the food was good for this tucked away locationSpecial Features:
- Padella is a very unique restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/13/2012Padella is a very unique restaurant in that you can make your own salad or pasta! It is a great place to have meetings! I am very happy I found it and will continue to go there.Special Features:
- This is a "tucked away" hotelBuckDined on 1/4/2012This is a "tucked away" hotel restaurant in a "tucked away" location -- i.e., a corporate office park. That being said, it is a great "neighborhood restaurant" for locals. Free parking, quiet ambiance -- and the food is great! New menu coming next week. Nice selection of entrees and apps, and a good wine list, fairly priced. Our server was very attentive and helpful. Tables are large and well-spaced, allowing for private conversations. Atmosphere of the decor was modern and sleek.Special Features:
- The food and service wereJohnVIPDined on 11/8/2011The food and service were excellent. I would have ranked it higher, but the final bill was comparable to that of a 4 star restaurant, whereas the overall experience was not quite to that level.
- Though we were the only onesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/8/2011Though we were the only ones there when we arrived, the restaurant looked amazing and the food was fabulous! We were so excited to see the place and have it all to ourselves for our Mother's Day brunch. We loved the ambiance and the service, and have already noted that we would like to schedule another meal there in the near future... we highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Pleased with Padella!LisaLDined on 3/4/2011Food is delicious - service and atmosphere remind you that you are in a hotel - they should make another wall between the bar or something. Again, food is fantastic - chef superb. Would gladly eat there again though!Special Features:
- Horrible service and mediocre foodMixedDined on 2/14/2011Horrible service! Worst dining experience this year. 4 in party, we were seated for 17 minutes while wait staff walked by staring at us like zoo animals. Finally one in our party walked up front and asked if we had a server. Yambi the server abandoned us through out the mediocre meal to "service" hug, kiss & climb all over two old white haired men taking picture laughing having fun. We never got to see a wine list, I asked her twice so they made no money on drinks off of us. One ordered Iced tea and never received anything to sweeten it after asking three times. The food was ok. After we finished our meal we waited 20 minutes before I walked up front and asked for a check. Yambi ruined my day. Yambi was not worth the lousy 10% tip
- Padella was great for a NewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2010Padella was great for a New Year's Eve dinner with friends. The dishes were all well-prepared, and we especially enjoyed the butternut squash soup and rack of lamb. The service could have been more attentive but was generally good.Special Features:
- We stayed at this remarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2010We stayed at this remarkable hotel with its very eco-friendly style that has lovely full gardens on its rooftops. There is also a full gym, lap pool, and gorgeous jogging area by a pond. The service is outstanding and friendly. We were here on a business layover and needed to rest and this Westin fit the bill with its "heavenly beds" in each room. As far as dining, we ate in Padella restaurant two evenings and really enjoyed the fresh pasta. My friend is a food TV show enthusiast so he raved about the fresh pasta with crab; and you gotta try the ravioli with suckling pig, yum! All I can say is the staffers from Fifi the hostess, Scott a server, and all the rest of the lovely folks couldn't be kind enough to giving us Metro directions.Special Features:
- Limited menu, superior service,RoyTDined on 8/27/2010Limited menu, superior service, very attractive venue, plenty of parkingSpecial Features:
- The pasta here is made in-houseOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/29/2010The pasta here is made in-house daily. It's worth getting! I recommend sitting outside on a nice day. It has a nice view of a pond and bridge.Special Features:
- It was an excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/9/2010It was an excellent choice for Mother's Day for our elderly mother. There were very few other diners, and our small group of five essentially had a room to ourselves. The service was exceptional, with 3 different staff members giving us special attention and they were especially kind and attentive to our mother. We had a leisurely meal and felt like we were being treated royally throughout. Everyone enjoyed the entrees as well. I highly recommend for the food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- This is the best fair I haveLipsmackinuDined on 3/10/2010This is the best fair I have had outside of Tuscany. The chefs knows how to craft some pasta. The osso bucco was fork tender. I am shocked this is a "hotel restaurant".Special Features:
- Careful ordering Medium WellOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2010Careful ordering Medium Well Steak.... mine came out Medium Rare and when I sent it back, it came back Medium. Mushroom Brie Tart was a bit salty. The Blue Cheese Salad / Pear was great. Chocolate Cake was very good. It's a nice restaurant; beautiful ambiance; but there is no dress code you have people coming from their hotel rooms with snow boots with only one shoe on (and barefoot)... to people with jeans and a t-shirt.Special Features: