Packet House Grill
1406 Cantrell Road
Little Rock, AR 72201Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Packet House Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.packethousegrill.com/
- Phone: 5013721578
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Wes Ellis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private rooms can be booked upon request. Contact the manager on duty to get in touch with our fabulous event coordinator Lindsey Ellis
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Ellis 5013721578
A word from Packet House Grill
A new restaurant in Little Rock at the historic Packet House. We serve modernized Southern Comfort food in a delightful atmosphere. The Packet House was built in 1869.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Packet House Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Packet HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Beautiful place. We had a group of 4 and were relatively surprised it wasn't crowded on a Friday night at 7:30! Almost decided to leave before we even went in. Glad we stayed! Lobster bread was delicious, and each of our entrees were just about perfect! Hope it can stick around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a lovely restoredtpsellerDined on 3/8/2014Great food in a lovely restored home. The art, atmosphere and food are the perfect combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food - nothing specialwonderwomanDined on 3/7/2014i had requested a tanle with view of the river. we were seated instead at the worst table in the restaurant. we wete crsmmed inyo s tiny space right by the door and right by the very noisy bar. had it been crowded, i might have understood but there was only one other table occupied other than the bar customers. a big empty restaurant but we couldn't get a decent table? as to the food, my husband had the ribeye -it was good but not worth the price. i had the pork chops- the pork was ok, but the sauce tasted like spicy ketchup. not worth the price!
- Lovely restaurant with goodRickADined on 3/6/2014Lovely restaurant with good service Shrimp and grits was smothered with sauce that was pretty bland. Used to be one of my favorites at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing!MosesVIPDined on 3/6/2014We randomly chose this restaurant through Open Table based only on the reviews and it did not disappoint. We ordered Sea Bass, Pork Chops and the Shrimp and Grits. All were delicious. But the Lobster Bread was the star of the night. This is a MUST have!! I could have eaten several loafs. Careful of the salads ... they are HUGE. We shared one side salad between three people. Very good ... just very big! Our server's name was Amber and she made the evening even better with her positive attitude.Special Features:
- First time is a charmasaverittDined on 3/1/2014This was our first time at Packet House, and we will definitely be back. The food and service were excellent. The seafood salad is the best I've ever had. I had the sea bass and my wife had the fillet. I would reccomend this resteraunt to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ImpressionShawnDined on 2/22/2014This was our first time to experience the Packet House. Everything about this restaurant was great, food, employees, and the atmosphere was perfect. If you go try the Mayan Apocalypse drink, which is their creation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/19/2014The Packet House menu is quite limited for a high end restaurant. The food quality is good but not outstanding. The restaurant atmosphere is outstanding. The service level is very good.Special Features:
- Cancelled Wife's B-day ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Apparently Packet House Grill got bought-out, and cancelled all business for the foreseeable future? I'm not sure that's what happened. A friend of a friend of the putative new owner told me that. Anyway, I had a reservation for the evening of my wife's birthday, and they cancelled it the morning of her birthday. I scrambled, and got reservations for 1620/Savoy. 1620 was a great experience! Excellent food, drinks, and atmosphere. I highly recommend 1620!
- FantasticnancygayeDined on 2/15/2014Went for our Valentine's dinner. It was absolutely fantastic; the food, service and decor. This is my new favorite place in Little Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicerandyDined on 2/15/2014Our server was excellent. He made recommendations based on what we were looking for. The food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had our Valentine'sJesseDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had our Valentine's dinner here last weekend and we both really enjoyed ourselves. The appetizer (lobster bread) was amazing...a little filling, but I suppose we didn't have to eat the whole thing. Our entrees were both delicious. She had the shrimp and 'grits' and I had sea bass. For dessert we shared the death by chocolate....fitting name! We ended up taking most of our entrees home and had it for lunch the next day. The service was very good...we both felt very taken care of. I have already recommended Packet House Grill to friends and co-workers. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Lobster Bread was amazing! My wife had the Sea Bass which was very good. I had the Filet which was okay. It was about 2 inches thick and tasted more like a roast. I would pick something else next time. All of the sauces, vegetables, and potatoes were great! Service was great, quick and well timed. This was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of return Visits!JanenbDined on 2/15/2014For starters we ordered the Lobster Bread, not really knowing what that meant. Chef Ellis has the bread shipped in from Leidenheimer's Bakery in New Orleans to make this killer appetizer. Cheese stuffed deluxe French bread with a creamy garlic lobster sauce and large chunks of lobster. A mean in and of itself! My husband and I were delighted. Followed this with a field greens salad with candied walnuts, shaved onions and tomato with a lemon/juniper vinaigrette. Devine! We had the audacity to order the 22 oz steaks with creamy green peppercorn dressing and house fries with a light smattering of aioli on top. The steaks were not only perfectly cooked, but melt in your mouth perfection! Best steak ever in Little Rock. We must return!Special Features:
- Fun and romanticScedge77Dined on 2/14/2014The service is great! The food excellent! And the management really cares about their customers. This place has a romantic vibe and sheik without being stuck up about it. Overall good vibes! My wife to be and I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Experience!happycamperDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went to the Packet House for Valentine's Day and it was perfect! The food was amazing, the service was friendly and professional, and the ambience was very romantic. The restored Packet House is gorgeous, and wonderful place for special occasions. We'll definitely go back and recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steak!Heart2HeartDined on 2/14/2014We came for a special Valentine's Day dinner. We both had the filet, and were very impressed with the quality of the meat, plus it was cooked to perfection (we ordered medium-rare). It was easily one of the best steaks I have had in Little Rock, and the price ($37) was not extraordinary. The asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes accompanying the steak were perfectly cooked and delicious. I would recommend the Packet House for anyone looking for a high quality steak and special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice HousechickenfriedstakeoutDined on 2/14/2014I was happy to hear that the Packet House had been turned into a restaurant, and even happier to finally get reservations to eat here on Valentine's Day. It is the perfect setting for a romantic or special occasion. The menu is kept simple with about 4 - 5 items under the "Appetizer", "Salad," and "Entree" sections. We settled for the Lobster Brioche, Sea Bass, and Double Bone Porkchop. These were ALL five star meals, the same quality of food that you might see during a formal night on a cruise ship (I ESPECIALLY recommend the lobster bread). Caveat empor: the price is fairly steep, so make sure you save up for a special day before choosing to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packet House Valentine's DinnerdchaloDined on 2/13/2014Very nice quiet romantic dinner. Ambience was excellent, food was impressive, though on the high price side. Server was great. I brought a nice bottle of wine, the cork service was handled flawlessly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.JTinkleDined on 2/13/2014The atmosphere was very nice along with the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love my ValentineValentinesDined on 2/13/2014This was the first time we have been to the Packet House since it reopened. We decided we would go for Valentines Day and so glad we did. The overall experience was absolutely wonderful. We were joined by another couple and were already planning to go back. The food, service and atmosphere was outstanding. Can't wait to go back and try the pork chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceEatAnythingAtleastOnceDined on 2/12/2014We went here to celebrate Valentines day. The service was just awesome. Our waitress was very courteous and non-intruding. The food and drinks were served on time. We had the Mac and Cheese appetizer and it was very good. Our drinks were good albeit a little on the strong side. I had the filet and my girlfriend had the trout. Both were very well cooked and tasty, The only disappointment was the limited dessert selection. We ordered the red velvet cake with the cheesecake core and it was average. Prices were actually not bad for the service and the food. We paid just over $100 for both of us.Special Features:
- Pork Chops OMGjonhandsomeDined on 2/5/2014We enjoyed our meal from start to finish. My wife and I shared two different soups, both were wonderful and unusual. The appetizer bread w/ cheese and lobster... incredible.Loved my entree, a two rib bone-in pork chop served with a bbq glaze... off the scale good. Too full for dessert. The beer selection was above average. I found two different fine beers to pair with the early and latter part of the meal. My wife knew the type of wine she wanted to drink and found an excellent representation of the style. I would love to see a gourmet level beer list equal to the food. It is a bit pricey, not for the faint of wallet. Renee, our waitress was very good... just the right amount of attention and service, and her suggestions were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousTwentyEightDined on 1/23/2014The house is done so well and the food is so good. Our server was attentive and professional. Cocktails, appetizers, entree all top rate.Special Features:
- Elegant and historical placeCindoDined on 1/14/2014Elegant and historical place and superb food make for a special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensively DisappointingMauiChickDined on 1/11/2014I had been looking forward to having dinner here for sometime and was disappointed in the quality of the food especially at the prices we paid. There were four in our party. My husband and I had the Ribeye, one in our party had the duck and the other had the grilled shrimp. The food was so bland...could have used salt and pepper on the tables. The only thing that we enjoyed was the Lobster Bread. Service was excellent though.
- Food was excellent. ServicechuckDined on 1/3/2014Food was excellent. Service was very friendly. Very capable help with our gluten free needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, wine and serviceNCBurnettDined on 12/31/2013The food, wine and service were absolutely wonderful. It was a bit pricey but it was New Year's Eve and we certainly enjoyed it. Would do it again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Holiday HappinesstpsellerDined on 12/21/2013Packet House was the perfect choice for a lovely pre-symphony meal. Everyone at the table loved their food and the atmosphere was simply lovely. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice evening.TomHDined on 12/21/2013We had a very nice evening. Good food and good service. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Fun NightLRGirlsDined on 12/18/2013The house is beautiful. Server had excellent command of the menu and the food was very good. Great place for a quiet, elegant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Dinner was great. I had the ribeye which was by far the best I've ever had. For juicy and tender. The set up of the dining area we were in allowed for echoes so it was loud at times when a nearby party of 8 or so was loose from their drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not one notable negative.BirthdaygirlDined on 12/3/2013We chose packet house grill from an ad in soirée. And the curiosity of passing the beautiful house from time to time. We had a group of 8. The cocktails and bad menu was wonderful. We cleaned the appetizer plates. The entrees were unbelievable. Everyone had something different and we passed plates around to share our favorites. Or server amber could not have been better. She gave great recommendations and had wonderful table service. I have absolutely nothing negative To say about this gem. Everyone should go.Special Features:
- Recommended without hesitationFullySatisfiedDined on 11/30/2013Packet House Grill scores memorable ratings in all categories. The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. The s'mores dessert was over-the-top scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperiencejchriscoleDined on 11/15/2013The owners did an outstanding job renovating the historic Packet House, creating a spacious beautiful dining space while retaining the charm of the home. The restaurant is divided into 4 quiet dining areas. The lobster bread appetizer was very good. I ordered the roasted duck breast. The duck was cooked very well, maybe a little on the chewy side. The blackberry port reduction was good though my plate could have used more of it. My wife ordered the pork chop. The chop was covered in a perfect bbq sauce and came with a hearty order of sweet potato hash and creamed kale. Both were excellent. Salted-caramel cheesecake for dessert. Good selection of craft beers on draft and several quality bourbons and rye whiskeys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep this restaurant alive!!!KarynDined on 11/1/2013Food was excellently prepared and plated. I had the lobster risotto and husband had duck with hopping john, begun by their BLT and Caesar salads respectively. Service was well-informed and outstanding. Had the Mayan Apocalypse drink to start which was wonderful. The only disappointing part of the evening was that more people weren't there. People that enjoy fine dining need to go see what they're missing and make this restaurant a success.Special Features:
- OMGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013I loved it! I hear a lot of talk about this place being horrible so I was a little skeptical, but literally it was AMAZING I would highly suggest to eat there ASAP. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the Old Packet HouseMIchaelDined on 10/26/2013We have not been back to the Packet House since it reopened. This past Saturday evening my partner, dear friend and I had a wonderful dinning experience there. Our food was first rate, great wine list, wonderful service and ambience. Could not have asked for a better evening. We will certainly be going again. Good Luck Packet House Grill. You are certainly one of Little Rock's Gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get it togetherARFOODIEDined on 10/19/2013I took my wife to Packet House this past weekend and was suprised on how empty the place was. (more staff than customers). Once we were seated we looked over the menu and the prices seem to match the stigma of the place. While sitting and talking an older couple came in and were brought in the same area as my wife and I. The woman did not like the seating area and asked to be moved, while saying this to the hostess the hostess WALKED AWAY!!! The hostess then seeming put out to reseat the couple moved them to the back. Again the place was pretty much empty. And again same room different couple were waiting to order while their waitress was busy talking to the bartender. RUDE!!! Food was fair was hoping for more. Our waiter was on point.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerFood4mooseDined on 10/17/2013I took my wife for her birthday, it was a great atmosphere and in an incredible old building that has been beautifully restored. The food was great and our waiter Jeffrey was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.