505 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://pacificomaui.com/
- Phone: (808) 667-4341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: James McDonald
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our event coordinator.
A word from Pacific'O
Sunset dining at its best! Pacific’O is located on Lahaina's most beautiful white sand beach with panoramic views of three neighboring islands. This was the chosen residence and "playground" for Hawaiian royalty; here ancient kings and queens feasted and made merry. Today, enjoy the same pleasures in Pacific'O's open air dining room or on the romantic beachside patio. Long recognized as a leader in local, organic dining; Pacific'O was the first to establish their very own island farm. Each day the table is set with just harvested macrobiotic vegetables and fruit; and local fishermen deliver fresh fish still dripping from the sea. Pacific'O is a local favorite since opening in 1993.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pacific'O - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Pacific'O reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)great for outdoor dining (55)romantic (45)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (34)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- You gotta eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Food, service and ocean-side location all first class. Excellent wine pairings with food. Locally-sourced ingredients for most dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Maui restaurantRetired33Dined on 11/8/2014Right by the ocean with unobstructed view of Lanai, we have been to Pacific'O several times, and have always had a wonderful meal and pleasant experience. Their ocean side patio is quiet and comfortable. Entrees are a few $ more than local competition, but the quality and freshness are so superior that it's truly worth it. The bartender mixes a good martini. Waiter was friendly and professional and timed drinks, salads, entrees perfectly. Pleasant conversation with the GM who's clearly committed to excellence. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Farm to Oceanside TableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/5/2014The setting at this restaurant is lovely, overlooking the Ocean. Nice Ambiance. The wait staff are both knowledgeable and proud of the food, which is mostly grown and sourced locally (they have their own farm). Enjoyed the fish and greens and the lamb duo, which we split.Special Features:
- A fave romantic dining placeMishyDined on 11/4/2014Highly recommended by us! Overlooking the beach - romantic. Probably wouldn't take kids since most diners are enjoying listening to the waves & gazing at the beauty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're going again this tripCandDDined on 11/3/2014We sat outside on the patio almost on the beach. Had shrimp wonton appetizer, four tempured shrimp with a pineapple cilantro chutney. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Both of us had the fish and greens but each chose a different fish. It's a large amount and kind of like a wilted salad with melted goat cheese and rice. My mahi was moist and tender. Dessert was banana lumpia with homemade banana ice cream and fresh berries. Delicious!Special Features:
- PacificocharDined on 11/1/2014The setting was spectacular, the service was fantastic. Unfortunately, the food was a bitter disappointment that did not come close to the beautiful surroundings and service. The chicken was undercooked, the carrots and potatoes were merely boiled and very dry with no seasoning whatsoever. This was a special dinner for our friends, and no one was happy with their food. The best thing served was the mahi mahi. I regret that I am unable to give a positive review.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodFoodieDined on 10/31/2014Went back after a number of years after having an incredible meal in the past. Currently food seems very uninspired and at best mediocre.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/30/2014We had a great meal and had a Molikki mule ( drink ) that was fabulous... very beautiful sunset and service was greatSpecial Features:
- DeliciousGELAT0VIPDined on 10/28/2014Everything is great! Tempura tiger eye sushi is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant - Bad WaiterDeepDined on 10/25/2014This is a lovely restaurant in a perfect beach setting. The food was very good, unfortunately, our waiter, John, was either having a bad night or needs to reconsider a career/job change. He seemed perturbed when a couple of us didn't understand his explanation for selecting the various seafood dishes and how they are prepared. When we asked for more bread he said " you have some left." He never smiled or attempted to add to the dining experience and in fact all we talked about on the way home was John's lousy attitude - not the beautiful setting or the food.Special Features:
- Disappointed this time unlike previousJBLMDMBAVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our 6th visit and not one we want to repeat. Seating outside great with luau music next door. cocktails small but tasty. Everything green fresh great BUT tako (octopus) appetizer tough. Skip snapper specialSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2014They are supposedly famous for their fresh fish, but they apparently don't know how to cook it. Both our entrees were overlooked and dry. Mine was extremely bland and I was told that's so you can taste the fish. The host was rude. They have a spectacular view, but they put an easel with the night's special between us and they view. I won't go again.
- Just okTjl50VIPDined on 10/12/2014Both my significant other and I found the food lacking flavour. While the wine list is quite good, it and the food are overpriced for what we had. Not likely to return.Special Features:
- Always deliversMauiloversDined on 10/11/2014Have been coming here 1 or 2 times a year over the past 8 years Food and service is very consistent,and i would highly recommend giving it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th time here!MikeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love this place! Food is amazing!! The scenery is gorgeous. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific O's food and was delish!!VegasVIPDined on 10/9/2014Went to Pacific O's for our anniversary dinner and we have our 15mos daughter in tow. We were about to cancel out reservation but the owner was kind and Understanding. We decided to stay and didn't regret it. Food was amazing and atmosphere was very romantic outside. Will be back again for sure on our next trip to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific"O Restaurant Lahaina, Mauiwycorp123Dined on 10/3/2014We have been enjoying Pacific'O since it first opened. We dine every time we are in Maui, usually twice a year. Its been very consistent, the ambience is one of the best , right on the beach. The service is very good..... Everything is fresh. Its a hide-a way right in downtown Lahaina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- macherVIPDined on 9/18/2014One of the best meals we eat in Maui! The food was cooked perfectly with a great presentation to match. The bread is awesome. You have to request it, so make sure you ask. The Maui Onion and surfing goat cheese Salad, along with the Ono and ahi tempura were superb.Special Features:
- nice viewLadibugVIPDined on 9/10/2014Had a table with a great view of the sunset - having said that, I would say the food was just average. Maybe we hit a bad day - word of caution -dont ask if there are any specials. I asked, and was told flat out No. that was it. I later overheard my waitress telling her other tables what the fish of the day was and going over the rest of the menu. Guess I asked the wrong question. Overall service was poor, food was average, only good thing was the view. Would not recommend this restaurant
- Wonderful anniversaryMartyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We went here for our anniversary and they had a corner table ready for us. Stunning sunset. Delicious food. They brought us an anniversary card and dessert. They are the best!Special Features:
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had guests in town from London, UK who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. Pacific'O was the perfect place to have our gala dinner party! It was a completely perfect night as we dined just at the ocean's edge...so the view was spectacular as a great sunset began, followed by the array of intense colors of the afterglow. Our server, Stephen, was. Delightful and so helpful as we made our difficult decisions about whether to have the cocoanut encrusted ahi or the one and ahi duo. Such delicious dilemmas! The banana lumpia for dessert was terrific, too. You can count on us to return to Pacific'O for our next party...or even just a normal Tuesday night!Special Features:
- Repeat customerSonomalocalVIPDined on 9/7/2014Wow! what a disappointment. We are repeat customers at this restaurant and have dined there at least a dozen times and before tonight we always considered it one of our favorite restaurants. Tonight we made a 6:30 reservation expecting to watch the sunset and have a great dinner. We were seated promptly, ordered a bottle of wine and began enjoying our evening. The wine came out along with excellent bread and butter. The was the last food we saw. After being in the restaurant for an hour we asked our serve when we were going to get our first course. He was either clueless or intimidated by the kitchen staff. After another 15 minutes with no food and no explanation, we paid for our wine and left. Something is majorly wrong.Special Features:
- Almost perfectRayratVIPDined on 9/3/2014Waiter did almost everything right, even replaced a wine I didn't think was good. But he was a little bit rushed and so service and attitude suffered slightly. Overall, this is one of the best and most enjoyable restaurants on the island of Maui.Special Features:
- Oceanside charmbirdfoodDined on 8/28/2014The service was friendly and attentive. Our selections were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedbaywesVIPDined on 8/24/2014I wanted to like this place upon seeing the menu and appreciating the setting and view. The food was only so-so and the service was only OK at best. There are 2 things I hate waiting for when I am dining, the check and for my plates to be removed. I had both of those issues here which is why I rated the service so low. Overall all the experience just wasn't great.
- FoodcrazyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always one of my favorites. Have been coming here for the last 8-10 years and have never once not enjoyed the experience. Our server was efficient, knowledgable and attentive. No complaints here. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Maui date nightCTFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Went for 6:30 dinner seating. Seating was near the beach. It was a little noisy at times, but not bad, due to a luau going on next door, and a larger party with children next to us. Our server was gracious and very professional. I started with the Maui Onion and surfing goat cheese Salad ($15). I'd rate it at about a 7 or 8. Not bad. For my entree, I ordered the Coconut crusted Mahi ($39). I thought this was very good, about 8.5 or 9. I really enjoyed it. Paired it with an un-oaked Chardonnay. They have a Zagat-rated wine list. No room for dessert, so I can't comment on that. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overall dining exper. of trip!cynthiaVIPDined on 8/6/2014It was all around great. We ate at sunset. The food was amazing; the location was heavenly.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on MauiSteakloverVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food, great location and attentive, genuine service makes this the best restaurant in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in paradise!YayaLisaDined on 8/2/2014The setting was magical. What a perfect place to watch the sunset and wind up a wonderful visit. The signature cocktails and appetizer were a great start to our evening. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the lamb duo and I loved the pasta with fresh ono. Next time I want to do the chef's tasting dinner, but I'll need to go hungrier! Pacific'O is a great excuse to go to Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant offers a great view of the sunset, delicious food, lots of fresh vegies grown on their own farm, and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 343 reviews are from the Pacific'O reviews archive.
- One of our favorites on Maui21forthewinVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been comg to Pacific'O for many years for a special night out and have never been disappointed. On our recent trip we were surprised to learn that Chef McDonald is no longer the executive Chef, but we were happy to see that several of our favorite dishes remained on the menu, although under new names. Recommend going a bit before sunset so that you can enjoy the sunset from the oceanfront dining patio. The food and service are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacationing in MauitravellingfoodieDined on 7/17/2014What a pleasant surprise Pacific'O was! We overheard a planner at Marriott mention this great restaurant only 2 miles away at Lahaina. We made a reservation and found a wonderful location on the beach with fantastic food, ambiance and service. I would highly recommend this restaurant for vacationers.Special Features:
- ManhattanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Been around a long time b/c it's SO good! You are literally dlining at the oceans edge & the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!Johnny3VIPDined on 7/11/2014Farm to table dining with fresh seafood and an incredible scenic view. Waiter made excellent recommendations for our entrées; we will be back before our vacation ends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never fails to impressdsquareDined on 6/22/2014Food is great, service is great, and scenery is great. We always come here for dinnercwhen we're in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not Meet Our StandardsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/20/2014The scallops were overcooked to the point of being tough and rubbery, we will not be going back.
- Wonderful View on the OceanEnjoyableVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have come to Pacific O many times thru the years while vacationing here and love the view and ambience. You can either sit outside under umbrellas or inside with still a good view. Food has always been very good here, but this time we ordered their strip loin and found it had no flavor at all and was over done. With the price we paid we were disappointed. Had a great salad with sweet onions though and very tasty bread. Will try again for lunch though since we have usually had better meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful eveningColorado2HawaiiVIPDined on 6/19/2014The food was superb, and view to die for. We had a terrific night feet from the beach with the sound of the waves crashing at the shore. Honestly couldn't have been better!
- Hawaiian GemMauiGuyDined on 6/15/2014Best Hawaiian restaurant and wait staff and place for lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.