Pacifico - New Haven, CT
220 College Street
New Haven, CT 06510Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Pacifico - New Haven, CT
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificorestaurants.com/home_nh.php
- Phone: (203) 772-4002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Saturday 12pm-3pm Brunch Sunday 12pm-3pm
Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Rafael Palomino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pacifico's private dining room can accommodate up to 50 guests. Larger parties may be accommodated in the main dining room. The private dining room is perfect for small gatherings, and business dinners. Let us create a menu that will delight both you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Walter Vera 2037724002x
- Entertainment: Let us help you relax at the end of the day, join us for Happy Mojo Hour at the bar. Monday through Friday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm with $5 mojitos and margaritas, 1/2 price select draft beers and complimentary tapas.The party continues Saturday night with Salsa Night, our DJ picks the best of this Latin rhythm. Music starts both nights at 10pm and it continues until 2am.
- Special Events: To see our Special Events visit www.pacificorestaurants.com
A word from Pacifico - New Haven, CT
We are located in the heart of downtown New Haven NY times, Zagat, Hartford Courant rated, featuring extraordinary Nuevo-Latino cuisine. Along with traditional tapas, some of our signature dishes include Seafood Paella, Skirt Steak with Chino-Latino stir fried rice, Caramelized Salmon and Dulce de Leche Cheesecake. Among some other favorites are our Sangria and award winning Mojitos (Best Mojito – CT Magazine) which will surely liven your day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacifico - New Haven, CT reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (16)hot spot (12)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Every course was delicious!KarieDined on 11/22/2014The food was unbelievable. We had the steamed oysters, the duck quesadilla, chowder, grilled chicken sandwich and the coconut flan. Everything was well prepared, well seasoned and delicious. We shared each others foods amazed at how good everything was. We also had some of the best mojitos I had ever had. Pacifico is great and its definitely going to be a favorite when I visit New Haven next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very typically "Restaurant Week"renaDined on 11/7/2014Service was pro forma and portions for the items I ordered were comically small. Like huge bare plate and 1 inch of salmon with no sides, 3 little dots of croquettes. But it is a fun time and a great choice for a Friday night. Cocktails are great, good-sized, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed a very good dinner at Pacifico. Salmon was a delicious choice. It was recommended by the waiter and did not fail. Would recommend it to others, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Pacifico'sCTFLSnobirdVIPDined on 10/20/2014Both a prize fix lunch and the dinner menu were offered with a nice selection of salads and entrees elegantly served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flowerflowerDined on 10/16/2014WE c hose this restaurant based on its proximity to the Shubert which was almost across the street. We also chose it because is had an extensive menu of choices. Excellent Latino food with Tapas and Apps all worthy of praise. The four of us shared guacamole and each couple ordered paella to share. great place for friends to meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 minutes to get our entréesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/15/2014Place was half empty and we stil waited so long. They ended up comping the entree but the whole thing ruined the meal.
- Not what we expectedMarleyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our server was rude: "Can the guacamole be made without onions?" "No, I won't do that. It would have no taste." Some of us liked our food (Quinoa croquettes), Yucca fries, but the chips were mushy, the soup under seasoned, and the margarita actually terrible. Avoid.
- Great music and diningRLH2Dined on 10/4/2014The new menu was fantastic. I've been going to Pacifico with my girlfriend for the last three years, and I think this was our best date there. The menu's design made it seem like old parchment, which was a nice touch. She ordered crab cakes (her favorite, and she enjoyed them immensely) and yucca fries. I had the Grilled Parillada, which consisted of a lot of delicious food. Really, there was nothing to complain about. The playlist was absolutely wonderful as well. It can't be understated, as it really created an excellent ambiance. The waitstaff was also very pleasant. Our waitress frequently refilled our water, came over a couple of times to offer suggestions and check on us, and was very personable.Special Features:
- Love PacificoHGC24VIPDined on 9/27/2014We love the duck quesadillas here at this restaurant... all of the food is good. Great soup also.Special Features:
- wildbillDined on 9/27/2014brought my wife and daughter for my wife's birthday. great time! open table was super easy!Special Features:
- ExspensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was very nice, but very expensive for the little amount of food.Special Features:
- Delicious foodDeliciousDined on 9/22/2014We especially enjoyed the oyster/plantain starter, and the grilled skirt steak and seafood/ravioli main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My date and I went to Pacifico for dinner and loved it. The wine was a perfect compliment to the great dishes on the menu. I would definitely frequent Pacifico again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly welcomeJudeObscDined on 9/6/2014We arrived early for lunch and were almost the only patrons. Service was prompt and friendly. Shrimp/corn chowder was good, chicken with avocado/arugula/aioli sandwich was too much bread, too little arugula. Good selection of Latin beers on draft. Prompt & friendly service, waitress turned TV to hi-rez when she saw we were enjoying US Open semifinal.Special Features:
- Disappointed in Food!SimplyDevineDined on 8/24/2014The menu and reviews sounded good but we were disappointed. Tried the restaurant to decide whether we would bring a large group for graduation in May 2015 but won't be doing that. A slice of bread and a red tomato sauce was provided both were bland. The empanadas were too greasy and had very little meat - to much dough. The carmelized salmon was OK but it was swimming in a flood of greasy white sauce. The spinach and mushrooms were beyond wilted and again in a puddle of grease or puddle of butter. The drops of fat were noticeable. Also had the paella, the wrong kind of rice was used to make paella. Long grain rice was used rather than paella rice which should be a round pearl rice. Paella was dry. Over priced for what you get.
- Amazing!WelainaDined on 8/16/2014We tried Pacifico with a Groupon which turned out to be a great deal! The first impression was of Elise behind the bar who was so attentive and gave prefect drink recommendations. The jalapeño passion fruit martini was probably the best cocktail I've ever had! She and the other wait staff made appetizer recommendations that were spot on! Duck quesadilla was amazing and the pork belly was to die for! Entrees were good but didn't stand out as much as tapas! I will absolutely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated; expensive; disappointed!UnhappyDined on 8/14/2014Seated by the door- not my choice. Felt very rushed- seems like the waitress wanted to turn over table and get us out of there. I'm in my mid fifties as was my friend and the waitress kept calling us "girls" - found this disrectful and rude. We had 2 drinks & 2 entrees and the tab was $$75 - no appetizer and no dessert and this does not include tip. Portion of the salmon was small and the greens it was served on was extremely small; barely saw it under the undersized salmon. The restaurant was quite warm; perhaps due to the fact that so many people were crowded into the place. This now brings me to the point as new diners entered the restaurant we were bumped into as there was not enough room between tables and diners had no room to move .
- PacificotomaDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I dine frequently in New Haven. A nice night out is a movie at the Criterion where you will find movies not playing in the more traditional outlets. Pacifico is one of my three favorite restaurants in New Haven and I just keep going back. Never have had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor servicencrnVIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our array of delicious tapas very much, with great specialty/classic cocktails, at a nice table upstairs where it's a bit quieter for conversation. However it was a busy night and our waiter seemed overwhelmed, making the service a bit disjointed. In addition, questions about ingredients were met with disinterest and no attempt to find answers, which were important due to some dietary restrictions among our diners. The manager was much more attentive and we appreciated his help. All in all, we would return but not on such a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 416 reviews are from the Pacifico - New Haven, CT reviews archive.
- GREAT PLACE!jonsito85Dined on 7/25/2014Food was AMAZING and the drinks were made perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that tickles your brain tooCoyote14Dined on 7/24/2014Tapas are excellent--different sensations pleasure the palate. Wait staff is friendly and courteous. Major drawback was the music on a clunky tinny sound system that was way too loud for any conversation. After politely asking the staff to turn down the music which was blaring overhead and getting no response, we did ask the staff to move our table. After that he meal was enjoyable and we were able to enjoy our daughter's birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteRicoDined on 7/19/2014My grilled shrimp with coconut/pineapple rice with mango sauce was excellent. Came with 4 large grilled shrimp. Perfect portion for me but a big eater may have wanted more. My cocktail was very generous. We ordered the guacamole as we usually do - it is excellent. Would recommend and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJazminbluDined on 7/18/2014The weather was great so the patio was filled but it was still airy and the inside was dimly lit for a nice romantic dinner. The staff was friendly and attentive and informative. If you don't eat pork you may not like it as much as most dishes had a little in it. However, the food presentation was great, the proportions were fair and we left happy and full. It is more on the pricey side so this isn't a every week type of place, but certainly great for special occasions or someone trying to make a great first impression on a date,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceKimmiVIPDined on 7/10/2014Our food was good, however we were not informed that the meals took at least 30 minutes to prepare, therefore we had to order tapas. It was not busy, yet the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014We very much enjoyed our meal - flavorful and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining ExperienceusedtoloveitDined on 6/18/2014Pacifico used to be a favorite of ours. This most recent visit left us surprisingly disappointed. Service was horrific. It took 45 min to just get appetizers, when the waitress took dinner orders, she never asked my husband for his order and ran off! We ordered a frozen margarita that came 20 min later in a glass 3/4 full, and not frozen at all. The ostras mofongo was comprised of something that was so minuscule that it was unidentifiable...I know for sure it was not an oyster. And to top it all off...we had made 7:30 dinner reservations and when we got to the restaurant we were told the dining room was closed for a party at 7:30 and our only option was the extremely loud, crowded, uncomfortable lounge. We are NEVER going back.
- Too Early to TellBobbyZDined on 6/17/2014We arrived early in order to make it to a theater performance. There were very few patron's at that hour (5PM). Our waitress was excellent. The corn & Shrimp chowder was very tasty but needed to cool before being edible. The mixed platter of meats and grilled vegetables was large and satisfying for 2 of us after soup or salad. The downtown location makes the view OK for people watching but not anything more. There are seasonal outside tables. Wine selections were sufficiently varied and reasonable.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLyonesseDined on 6/16/2014I've always enjoyed this restaurant before, but this time was pretty much a disaster. It was supposed to be a special celebration luncheon, but not so. They didn't have our reservation from Open Table. The service was terribly slow and unprofessional. The entrees were unremarkable. Our "picky eater" asked the onions and cheese to omitted. When she told the waitress that hadn't happened, she did nothing. The manager(?) intervened, but it was too late. The dessert har out and changed, but no warning. The manager told us he'd taken the one meal off the bill, but took it off the wrong table! If he hadn't mentioned it, we'd never have known. We enjoyed the outside, but construction truck traffic makes it very noisy. I'm terribly disappointed.Special Features:
- Authentic and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Good, non-standard food tapas and meal choices. We shared our four meals and found it difficult to decide what was the best.Special Features:
- Completely Bowled Over!Gonzo4UDined on 6/1/2014The food ! The Service ! The Staff ! The Ambience ! The Prices ! My guests were absolutely "OVER THE MOON" with the entire experience. One of the best restaurants that I've ever been to. And I've circled the Sun 60 times.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014Went here after a movie everything we had was generous portions and great tasting, staff was very hospitable and attentive a definite place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would die of hunger if we stayedPacificoVIPDined on 5/17/2014Took over 20 min for someone to just take our overpriced drink order. We decided to leave and go next door to Oaxaca and got great food, good drinks for a lot less and watched the folks sitting outside at Pacifico wait and wait for there food.
- Not worth the moneyStavendinerDined on 5/16/2014We were looking for a nice place to celebrate our anniversary; a friend suggested Pacifico. Nice location downtown near the Shubert with meters on the street and a garage just across the street. Good looking place with two floors. We were placed at an upstairs table. We realized the table was vibrating from the floor, so we asked to move a couple tables down with limited success. Later realized we were seated directly above the kitchen vent hood downstairs. Wait staff was fine. The food was quite a disappointment. Nothing stood out; the appetizer of yucca and a beet salad were bland. The plantain crusted tilapia was tasteless. Overall a mediocre eating experience. We won't be back.
- Expected moreKiwidinerVIPDined on 5/11/2014The two tapas I had were good, but the service was not what I expected. There weren't many people in the restaurant, so the slow service was even more frustrating. I had read a lot of good reviews about this place, but they were not firing on all cylinders the night I was there.
- Meet the ParentsAzaleaDined on 5/4/2014This restaurant was chosen by information obtained on the web. We had no first-hand info on it. We were meeting our son's girlfriend's parents for the first time, New Haven is the 1/2 way point for both families. Pacifico is in a lovely neighborhood on the Yale campus. Lovely tree lined street, potted flowers along the sidewalk. We were seated at the best table in the place, at the front window. Lovely atmosphere. Service was friendly and attentive. Food was good. Shrimp corn chowder had no shrimp. Salad with dried cherries, bleu cheese, etc was delicious. Grilled chicken salad with corn salsa was good. Tilapia with plantain, delicious. Did not rush us at all, we sat for about 3 hrs. Lovely!Special Features:
- PacificoSamosVIPDined on 4/27/2014The crispy shell tuna tacos and succulent duck quesadillas are a must to order. Both paired nicely with a bottle of prosecco.Special Features:
- Great spotbandoluDined on 4/26/2014Great spot in the middle of down-town. Service was spot-on and the food was delicious. Just a tad over-priced for some of the portions but no real complaints from us. The guacamole was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinnerHappyDining4twoVIPDined on 4/26/2014After many years of ranking Pacifico as one of our New Haven favorites, a series of disappointing dinners means we probably won't be back soon. Where the food was previously exciting, it is now lackluster; once attentive service is now overwhelmed and surly. New Haven has too many other excellent restaurants to chance coming here again.
- Simply WonderfulGuestDined on 4/20/2014Great service. The food was fantastic. The portions were the right size. Fun cocktail menu. Prices were reasonsble. Staff was friendly and helpful but not a nusance. There's something on the menu for every palate. It's a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulEp418VIPDined on 4/19/2014The service was some the worst I have ever experienced. Avoid this place at all costs.