Pacifica Del Mar
1555 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Pacifica Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8587920476x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Friday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mark Bolton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacifica Del Mar is able to bring its award winning cuisine to you. We can create a special menu for you and your guests.
A word from Pacifica Del Mar
Awarded the California Restaurant Association's prestigious Gold Medallion for "Best Seafood Dining in San Diego," and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, Pacifica Del Mar is one of San Diego's most popular Costal Ocean View Restaurants. Casual dining on the deck features breathtaking sunsets and creative costal cuisine with mouthwatering selections of fresh seafood, steak, and pasta. Inside, the art adorned feng shui setting also offers relaxed ocean view dining. Pacifica Del Mar has become the dining experience of choice, celebrated year round for it’s warmth, hospitality, service, and unforgettable ocean view dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacifica Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Pacifica Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (165)great for outdoor dining (154)special occasion (99)romantic (82)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (58)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (50)vibrant bar scene (48)good for groups (33)great for brunch (30)hot spot (24)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Wonderful dinner!EatingoutDined on 7/24/2014Always great, and we saved room for dessert...yum.Special Features:
- Turned out okayMaggieDined on 7/23/2014We had a reservation -told we had to wait 15 mins to sit outside. so we waited, which was fine. We were seated and then ignored for at least 15 mins. I finally stopped a busboy and asked him if he could send our waiter over - he said he could take our drink order - so we told him what we wanted - then the waitress came over to explain that the wine was not available by the bottle.......so we ordered another. The manager, I assume, brought the bottle, apologized for the wait, said the bottle of wine was on the house as well as any dessert we'd like........so sort of made up for it. We took the wine, opted out of dessert. Guess it was just an oversight on their part that we were ignored for so long - they were willing to make it right.Special Features:
- Sunset DinnerChowHoundDined on 7/23/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. It was a great experience. Great view of the ocean and definitely recommended for dining at sunset. Excellent choice of dishes and food was perfectly prepared. Will be adding this to my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu, Spectacular ViewYumyumTrailDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed all aspects of our dinner starting with a yummy cocktail....blackberry smoothie in a large glass; followed by Blue Point Oysters and then a special value trio of salads for $25.(beet, heirloom tomatoes and halibut). We tried the sampler trio for dessert and that was just enough to satisfy our sweet tooth. Attentive service and a fabulous table facing the Pacific OceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and viewfrenchfan8VIPDined on 7/22/2014lovely setting where we celebrated our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just PerfectEatHereDined on 7/20/2014Everything at Pacifica Del Mar is just perfect. The view and the food are serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Patio ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We dined at Pacifica recently for Sunday brunch, although it really was more of a lunch menu and not a "brunch" at all. The stars of our meal were the fresh oysters. The Blue Points were excellent. Our other entrees were fine, but nothing exceptional. We did, however, have exceptional service from a young man by the name of Casey. It was a beautiful summer afternoon and the view was lovely. Overall it was a nice lunch.Special Features:
- FreshDoggybagDined on 7/19/2014Our food quality was very fresh and seemed to have had special attention to preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good seafoodAraTucsonDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant deserves its Zagat rating of 25 for food. The seafood served was fresh and light, cooked imaginatively and well-balanced with vegetables and spices. The outdoor seating area is quite pleasant, though somewhat crowded. The service was fast and efficient, the tables were clean and well-maintained, and the overall experience was very good. The wine list offered by the restaurant is quite reasonable. The prices are high but expected for the location and quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014What a beautiful place to eat and look out over the ocean as the sun was setting. The service was terrific, and the food delicious. The waitstaff was very courteous, and the meals came out hot and rather quickly. Lovely place and will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- perennial disappointmentDelMarLocalDined on 7/18/2014Come here at times mainly for work; food not great, but high price to ratio is a common north county ill. Despite low expectations, recent trip w/family was a disaster. Kids food was expensive and the chicken like rubber--nearly impossible to cut. A corn leek soup--good concept--arrived so hot that even the server commented on it. As it cooled it became clear why so hot--heavily floured beyond the point of taste. Calamari is reliably good--light batter and properly cooked. $24 in oysters were only half shucked and a day or two off fresh (we left some uneaten). Ribeye ordered medium rare arrived medium +--sent it back and walked out. all in $172 for no actual adult dinner. Beware late afteronnons-strong sunlight in eyes.Special Features:
- dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014We had a large group and we were accommodated nicely, no big fuss. Our waitress was great, and the food was totally great. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location, LocationLagosgirlDined on 7/16/2014The restaurant has a lovely patio that looks across the street to the ocean. The view and patio are great. Parking is available in the garage and it can be validated. The food and service were pretty average.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysMdsandiegoDined on 7/12/2014My favorite spot in San Diego never fails to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica was wonderfulExploringnewvenuesDined on 7/11/2014There were 6 in our party. We dined on the patio. The sunset was spectacular, the food wonderful and there was a cocktail that was made with black raspberries that was terrific. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica Del MargourmetccDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food, attentive service, good ambiance. I suffer from Gluten and Corn intolerance, informed the waiter, and had absolutly no issues with the food.Special Features:
- Always greatJanRSFDined on 7/10/2014We went for the early dinner on a Thursday night when most of the wine list is half-priced. The early dinner is a great value with soup or salad and a choice of six entrees. Their house salad is excellent. My husband really likes the salmon but I prefer the steak which was almost a filet, very tasty, tender and delicious. We had a bottle of wine that complemented our meal well. Always enjoy the food, view and ambiance of Pacifica Del Mar.Special Features:
- Gorgeous setting mediocre foodsdmmbayVIPDined on 7/10/2014I used to love the setting, service and food. The first two are still solid but the food is overpriced and barely edible. The last two visits this summer have been so disappointing. Pacifica has become lazy on their food. The signature dish is farm salmon. Really? By the sea in Del Mar? Pacifica should provide quality food not diner edible. Such a shame for patrons that eat this junk.Special Features:
- Not sure I'll be back!RichardDined on 7/9/2014Let me just say that when the fish entrees arrived they looked incredible, but unfortunately all were overcooked to the point of being dry and tough. If you're going to charge $37 for a Halibut, you better nail it. One of the members of our party mentioned to the waitress that the seabass, halibut & salmon were all overcooked and she just smirked and never mentioned it again. We also ordered a few bottles of over marked up wines. . We would've stayed longer for drinks in the bar, but everyone was annoyed by the lack of awareness so we went next door and had cocktails at El Agave.Special Features:
- Great Food, unbelievable ocean viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014Great food, service got a little spotty when delivering the food, but they were very accommodating to our party of 7 and gave us a great table on the patio when requested.Special Features:
- sddinersddinerDined on 7/6/2014Had guests in town for an early 5:30 dinner outside table. Food, service was great. Too bad was a warm day and the sun baked our faces without any relief as the sun dipped. Server said they couldn't do anything for shade. The only bad thing about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!Hungtran858Dined on 7/3/2014The service was amazing here! Also the food was amazing as well! Appetizer, wine, main course, and dessert was on point! Very satisfy with everything and the whole experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- complete disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Terrible. this place has a lot of potential. But alas complete disappointment. The "special" drink was completely watered down. Needed to return it. The side of Brussel sprouts were burnt and had to return those as well. Thank god for the bread. Was hungry when I left.
- Pacifica menu refreshedDineamorDined on 7/2/2014I have been eating there for the last 12 yrs but getting tired of same menu ...stayed away for a while and am pleasantly surprised to see an expanded menu with lot of variety.The "old "favorites are still there but listed in A less prominent spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!GailCVIPDined on 6/30/2014Pacifica Del Mar is one of our favorite restaurants. The Japanese Clam Chowder is so delicious and is filled with so many clams, fabulous mushrooms, and crunchy water chestnuts--a real treat. The signature salmon is always moist and satisfying. The view, even on a cloudy day, is spectacular!Special Features:
- Great view but that's about itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014I have been going to Pacifica for years for the view and ambiance. The last 3-4 times I've eaten there however, everyone was disappointed in the food. It's sounds great on the menu but ends up being ordinary and tasteless and is not given away. I will go to many options in the area b4 returning.
- Spectacular Sunset ViewChrisLDined on 6/24/2014Great location in Del Mar for treating out of town guests. Prices on the high side but most dishes have the option of half portion which made it a little more palatable. The wine list is on an iPad which was very intimidating, we just ordered glasses of the house wine. The Salmon and Scallop dinners were very good. The Calamari was tasty and a good buy with generous portions. The Japanese Clam Chowder as a first course was a suprpise find and was very good with water chestnuts and a soup base, no dairy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDateDinnerDateVIPDined on 6/22/2014Always a favorite! Great fish, excellent service, super wine list all as you gaze out over the Pacific Ocean.Special Features:
- Pacifica Del MardrcliffDined on 6/15/2014Slow food service. Adequate menu. Great bar and creative specialty drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need some improvementlilpuzkatVIPDined on 6/13/2014Atmosphere and food were good. But our wait disappear on us each time for more t,Han 20 minutes. We have to ask someone else to call him back. We ordered a dozen of fresh oyster and it came one short. This should have never happened as the server is the last line of defense for mistakes like this.Special Features:
- Poor Service and Very Loudfoodie07Dined on 6/13/2014Went for a special occasion dinner at 7:45pm Were basically sat down at a table, and the waitress disappeared for an hour. Came back for appetizers almost an hour later. Thank God we ordered those, we would have starved, as dinner was not ordered until 9:30. When you make a reservation for 7:45, you are not expecting to order at 9:30. It was extremely loud, so much so that you could not hear anyone other than the person next to you. Sat out on the patio. There was NO parking in D.M. Plaza, even the valet was full. They told us to go down the street and park, then walk back uphill, difficult for our Grandma with us. Too crowded of a restaurant, too loud, no parking, bad service, and didn't get our food until 10:15...never going back!!!
- Almost GreatlcrfoodieDined on 6/13/2014Pacifica del Mar is one of several restaurants located on the rooftops at the corner of 15th Avenue and Camino del Mar. All of these restaurants are very good. My party of three enjoyed the ease of reservations, the view, and the food. The menu is largely a la carte, with appetizers and sides to share. Half plates are available. The wine list is extensive. We had baked oysters for the appetizer, very delicious. My salad was unmemorable. Wild Yukon salmon was only fair - overcooked and with a sauce less impressive than it's description by the server and menu. Seafood risotto tasty but not amazing. Scallops were amazing but only four for $37. Dessert was great! The patio was very noisy, it was hard to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerDavethedinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had not been to Pacifica in a long time - fun to go back - food, service and view were outstanding. Not as expensive as I rememberd from the past -Special Features:
- Great Seafood in Del MarGregDined on 6/12/2014We had the oysters & crab cakes for appetizers. Crab cakes were excellent, oysters were ok - but with oysters either they're good or extremely gross. My wife had the halibut which she said was the best halibut she's ever had. I had the scallops, which were ok - not the best I've ever hard but far from being the worst. We wen't on a thursday night and all wines were half off. I'd definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Great experience!!TravelingonbusinessDined on 6/12/2014Took some business colleagues from east coast. Ate outside. It may be noisy to some because the street is below but we weren't bothered by it. You can get a table inside but the patio is great in the summer. Great view. Very much a California experience. All of us had fish. Everyone said the food was excellent. This group travels globally so they're a discriminating bunch. Recommend for buisness dinner, special occasion or social. I noticed a mix of business people and locals. We dined on Thursday and all bottles of wine were 50% off. Crazy because they don't need to do this. We got 2 decent bottles of wine for less than $50. Never had a bad meal here. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014if you go get a table right next to the glass so you can watch the sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy food12345VIPDined on 6/6/2014three of the four of us had really ad food ranging from tasteless to overcooked - one of the four of us did have good food - one had choc cake for desert and it was so dry she could not eat it - would not go back
- Dining in Del MarWaddayaknowDined on 6/5/2014I've dined at this restaurant several times over the past 20 years. The current chef is doing wonderful things with food. Dining at sunset is special on the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Lovely salmon with fabulous viewGridleyDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful sugar spiced salmon during sunset dining, perfect for early dining. Very tasty pineapple, chipotle margarita but pass up the bread pudding... it really let us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for Vegeterians/VegansDonnaDDined on 6/1/2014This is a BEAUTIFUL setting and the food is good, served at reasonable prices for the venue and quality. But they have ONE "Vegetarian" dish on the lunch menu (which was described as "bland") and do not even have a garden burger option. They do not offer tofu/meat substitutes for any of the dishes already on the menu that could be easily modified. Just a couple vegan entrée options would make this place a great choice for people like me who have to eat a plant-based diet for health reasons.Special Features: