Pacifica Del Mar
1555 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Pacifica Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificadelmar.com/
- Phone: (858) 792-0476
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Friday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mark Bolton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacifica Del Mar is able to bring its award winning cuisine to you. We can create a special menu for you and your guests.
A word from Pacifica Del Mar
Awarded the California Restaurant Association's prestigious Gold Medallion for "Best Seafood Dining in San Diego," and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, Pacifica Del Mar is one of San Diego's most popular Costal Ocean View Restaurants. Casual dining on the deck features breathtaking sunsets and creative costal cuisine with mouthwatering selections of fresh seafood, steak, and pasta. Inside, the art adorned feng shui setting also offers relaxed ocean view dining. Pacifica Del Mar has become the dining experience of choice, celebrated year round for it’s warmth, hospitality, service, and unforgettable ocean view dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacifica Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Pacifica Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (153)scenic view (148)special occasion (98)fit for foodies (93)romantic (81)neighborhood gem (77)vibrant bar scene (55)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (47)hot spot (44)good for groups (35)great for brunch (23)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- A delightful return visit!KennyDVIPDined on 11/22/2014Pacifica Del Mar always delights! The welcome is immediate, warm and genuine. We found some new delectable items on the menu which were delicious. Our service was friendly, efficient and unobtrusive and most appreciated. Although a bit on the noisy side this time, we still enjoyed ourselves. The new enclosed patio with heated umbrellas now makes this outdoor venue an all-year dining pleasure. I tried my favorite Fried Calamari starter which last time was not up to par, but I am happy to say that it was beyond delicious this time! Big chunks of tender calamari rings and baby squid. Yummy. Well done. I love the 21st century beverage and wine list offered on an iPad! It makes choosing adult beverages such fun and very easy. We'll be back for sure - and the sooner the better! Thanks to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE FOR PEOPLE WITH RESTRICTIVE DIET27yrcoupleDined on 11/21/2014My wife has a lot of food sensitivities. The waiter was very helpful and PATIENT with my wife when they were trying to figure out exactly how to prepare the meal. Her salmon came out perfect, "melted" in her mouth. My seabass dinner was excellent also. We were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary and the waiter was kind enough to bring us a gluten free desert that she could eat. It was very tasty and delicious. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem in Del MarGaryPDined on 11/21/2014Always a terrific place to entertain with great food. The view doesn't get any better and the staff is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AHas stayed consistently great over the yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I had not been to Pacifica Delmar for 10 years, since we had moved back east. It was one of our favorites in the past. We are back in SoCal and decided to go for our anniversary. It did not disappoint. It was as great as ever. My Wife's favorite historical dish - the Salmon, remains great. I'll be back. Pacifica Delmar is one of my favorites in SD County. DanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica Del Mar is our favorite local restaurant.TrevaDined on 11/11/2014Pacifica Del Mar is our go-to restaurant for special occasions or just a night out with family and friends. The food is also superb, service is outstanding and the view is awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experience with a beautiful view!seussiqDined on 11/11/2014As usual, everything about our evening was outstanding. The swordfish and the sirloin steak were delicious. In addition, special kudos to the management for once again recognizing our active duty and retired military by treating them to a free meal on Veteran's Day. This quiet gift to our military is a lovely gift!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening...frenchfan8VIPDined on 11/11/2014We had a wonderful evening at one of our favorite local restaurants. We celebrated Veteran's Day as my husband was a veteran of the Viet Nam war. Pacifica was so generous to give veterans a free entree. The food was excellent! My salmon was perfect as usual and his steak so tender you could cut it with a fork. Our server Stacy was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica has it allChrissieVIPDined on 11/11/2014Thank you, Pacifica, for making my veteran's evening so special. What a wonderful contribution to our country. It was a first-rate experience in every respect. We were overwhelmed by it all. The seared ahi was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. My partner's sea bass was probably the best he's had. The wine list was wonderful also. Can't wait to book another reservation for the holidays around the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEluvtohavefunDined on 11/10/2014We went early to eat so we could see the sunset. The sugar salmon and the steak were delicious. Martinis were great, service was great too. Because we went before 6:00 we were able to have the early dinner prices.Special Features:
- Enjoy food service view ambiance.RoseLadyDined on 11/2/2014Two of our favorite restaurants are Pacifica Del Mar and The Cliffhouse in Palm Desert. Pacifica Del Mar has outstanding service, scenic view, and exquisite food.Special Features:
- Awesome Place to view sun set!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Get the Salmon, best price before 6pm. on 3rd level, deck, watched the sun set- it was great!Special Features:
- Beautiful view!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Beautiful sunset views that make dining early to catch the views worth it. Food is good but nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- Fantastic Evening!beadladyDined on 10/29/2014We wanted an outdoor dining experience with a great sunset. This delivered both! Our server Susan was fabulous. Food and wine made the whole experience even more enjoyable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon Is Great!BepagedDined on 10/28/2014I've eaten at Pacifica Del Mar several times. My favorites are the Japanese Clam Chowder and Barbecued Sugar-Spiced Salmon. I was there for lunch with two friends who hadn't been there before. I introduced them to my favorites and they also raved about them. The service is consistently good and I've never been disappointed by the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food was OK but the wait time for the food was unreal. We were told that "a big group just walked in" after about a 30 min. wait. Then we waited again for a long time for the food to arrive.Special Features:
- Lovely meal!nanlyduDined on 10/21/2014I chose Pacifica Del Mar for my 60th birthday dinner. Lovely weather, great view of the sunset, delicious food. We started with the shrimp cocktail. I had the sunset special: Hearts of Romaine salad and Sugar-spiced salmon. Nice salad. Salmon was moist, complemented by the sugar-spice glaze, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans quite tasty. My husband chose the swordfish. The fish was very fine, but the the side of squash with olive tapenade vinaigrette was not to his taste.Special Features:
- RosieDined on 10/20/2014I go to Pacifica often and make sure I take family there when they visit San Diego. I have never been anything but totally pleased with everything they offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for birthday dinnerluv2feastDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating 2 birthdays, entire meal was outstanding. Salmon, steak, was cooked to perfection. Salad very fresh and caesar dressing excellent. Desserts delicious, especially housemade bon-bons and creme brulee. Server (and team) took great care of us, gave spot-on knowledge of dish selection. Definitely at the top of our list for family celebrations involving seafood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food but seating close to kitchen is a little noisySpecial Features:
- Nice way to end the weekbsmith661Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I drove from Valencia Del Mar on Friday evening. It took us 4 hours to get there. We headed straight to the restaurant and had a drink in the bar while we waited for our table. I had a Mai Tai, which I wouldn't recommend. My wife had a craft beer on tap, which was a much better choice. We were seated outside on the heated patio where we had a great seafood dinner. It was the perfect place to unwind from 4 hours of LA traffice and kick off the weekend. I would definitely return to Pacifica Del Mar again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The King of DelMarFoodmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014This place buries the competition. I have had the swordfish 4 times. Best thing they have done in years. Terrific waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathieVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Sugar Spice Salmon was absolutely delicious! It was seasoned well, and without a lot of sodium! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset made to orderceteceaDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. My request for a table at the window was granted. The sunset was breath-taking. The service was excellent, not intrusive but attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend the Sunset Menu. Options are great and food is delicious. My husband always orders the Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail. This time was no different except that the "jumbo" shrimp weren't jumbo. For $17, I expect JUMBO shrimp. But that was the only disappointment of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica Del MarYummyDined on 10/12/2014It was a very pleasant place, the kind to relax, unwind, take out of town guest or have a date. The dishes we picked were delicious with great flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Mar DelightStanGDined on 10/8/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this first visit to Pacifica Del Mar. The entire evening was a pleasure from the greeting at reception through to the end of the night. Food was beautifully presented and extremely tasty. Service was top notch and friendly. The views were fantastic. Overall A+Special Features:
- Packed in like sardinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I was trying to take my boyfriend to a special birthday dinner and called to request a nice sunset view table. The table we got, while outside, was so small and cramped. We were looking at the back of people's heads instead of the sunset and on our other side was a large party who kept standing so their butts were in our faces! Then there was only 1 small aisle way to serve this large group which went right by our table. Our waitress even apologized for all the "commotion". Overall was extremely disappointed.
- Go for the Sunset Stay for the FoodchefbobcatVIPDined on 10/3/2014After several strong recommendations from friends and Del Mar locals we dined at Pacifica Del Mar. The view of the Sunset is absolutely incredible and the food is equally great. The Baked Oysters with Parmesan are as great as I have ever eaten anywhere else, probably better. This restaurant has an extensive seafood selection as well as many dishes for those (my wife) who do not like something from the sea. Per my 5 star rating, the service is outstanding and the entire staff is tuned to fulfilling your every need.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualDivaDined on 10/3/2014Pacifica Del Mar is my favorite restaurant! The food is absolutely wonderful. This time our server was slow....we waited longer than we wanted the busier it got as the evening went on. But it did not ruin our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a friend and clientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Memorable, good parking, delicious lunch menu, attentive service, enjoy coming back.Special Features:
- ServicedonnydartDined on 10/1/2014Service was Great. Wednesday Martini Happy Hour very fun.Special Features:
- BwytwrMawrBwytwrMawrDined on 9/30/2014Another great dining experience - we never seem to fail here. The main course dishes are always outstanding, but what impresses us even more is that the simple dishes such as salads have been painstakingly prepared with attention to minute details as opposed to the routine treatment at most restaurants.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Such a great night. We had a beautiful sunset filled with great food and drinks. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyDined on 9/28/2014The food is consistently excellent, the ambience outdoors is very pleasant and the service is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica does it againShermDined on 9/27/2014Dining at Pacificia is as wonderful today as it has been for many years and you can't beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and great food!VJL1775Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I always look forward to dinner at Pacifica Del Mar. I love their signature salmon dish and my husband usually goes for a good steak, this time he chose the rib eye which did not disappoint. We love the ocean view from the outdoor terrace but get there early enough before the sun sets. A very special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SDfoodCeneDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is lovely; great views of the ocean and the village, very tasty and creative menu, truly wonderful service. It is always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste good--- Portions notJoanDined on 9/25/2014I felt cheated during restaurant week. Gee wiz, put some berries with the crème brulee, add some shrimp and fish to the stew. 2 shrimp and I barely saw the fish, are you kidding! There was a lot of bread and onions though. With tip, lunch was $25 and although the food tasted good, it was not a good time. Also, your "club music" during lunch is TOO LOUD.Special Features:
- kabuVIPDined on 9/25/2014Love the beautiful view and the food is consistently good. One of our favorite restaurants on the beach. Great Happy hour too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem of a placeWebratDined on 9/23/2014What a great place for a sunset dinner. My wife and I were celebrating out 25th wedding anniversary and wanted a good restaurant with a view. Pacifica Del Mar delivered on both. The staff was attentive and polite. Highly recommend to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion of just a good night out.Special Features:
- Beautiful!SanDiegoBichonDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed this lunchtime visit to celebrate my birthday. The food (ahi/udon noodle salad especially) was absolutely delicious, and the service was great. There's nothing you can say about the view that hasn't been said--one of the best views, with lovely comfortable seating, in San Diego. And, the waiter as so thoughtful. He overheard my daughter mention my birthday, and brought me dessert with a little candle. Loved it, and can't wait to go back!Special Features: