Pacifica Del Mar
1555 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Pacifica Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8587920476x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Friday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mark Bolton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacifica Del Mar is able to bring its award winning cuisine to you. We can create a special menu for you and your guests.
A word from Pacifica Del Mar
Awarded the California Restaurant Association's prestigious Gold Medallion for "Best Seafood Dining in San Diego," and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, Pacifica Del Mar is one of San Diego's most popular Costal Ocean View Restaurants. Casual dining on the deck features breathtaking sunsets and creative costal cuisine with mouthwatering selections of fresh seafood, steak, and pasta. Inside, the art adorned feng shui setting also offers relaxed ocean view dining. Pacifica Del Mar has become the dining experience of choice, celebrated year round for it’s warmth, hospitality, service, and unforgettable ocean view dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacifica Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Pacifica Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (176)great for outdoor dining (166)special occasion (97)romantic (84)fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (63)vibrant bar scene (52)notable wine list (50)great for lunch (47)good for groups (32)great for brunch (26)hot spot (25)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- No AC??!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Not our first visit and the food is always good. We went during the heat wave and were shocked to fond they don't have air conditioning?!? Really?? The whole place was wide open so the heat was a misery. No option to be inside with relief from the heat. Shame in them. Shut your doors and make your customers comfortable! We will go back. But really?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014I took my mother here for a nice dinner and it truly was. I normally don't eat salmon, however because it is supposed to be so good for me, I tried the sugar spice salmon. Very delicious and no fishy taste. It was very moist and sweet. My mother had the halibut which was good as well. I loved the presentation and the suggested wine was very nice. I loved that everything was so clean, including the wine glasses and the glass on the patio. The service was fantastic and done with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic charmCardinalfanDined on 9/11/2014All the prerequisites to make this an awesome dining spot however the food is lacking. Some dishes were really good; beet salad, steak, prime rib were tasty but undercooked. The Ahi was rather boring and doesn't compare to ahi at other fine restaurants. Oysters superb. Service top notch by the waitress but that's it. Bar scene loud and raucous. Don't sit close. Great happy hour. The views are what people come for...amazing if your facing in that direction. Definitely not as good as it used to be!Special Features:
- Killer DishFoodmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014The grilled swordfish with tapenade that is currently on the menu is one of the best things they have ever doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining/Moderate Happy Hourluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times and enjoyed the outdoor patio dining experience each time. The last time we sat indoors for the Happy Hour menu and were less then satisfied with the food.Special Features:
- Great service and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014We were treated very nicely and had sunset outdoor dinner for mey wife's birthday. The salads and salmon entree were good, and reasonably priced for large serving of very well prepared fish. The mulligatawny soup was bland. I really like this restaurant and keep returning for special occasions to enjoy the view and ambiance. Would be nice to see some evoluation and more creativity in the menu, but overall the food is reliably quiote good, and the vibe is positive in this long enduring local landmark.Special Features:
- Good food and ambiancePAvisitorDined on 8/30/2014Anything involving the people or service was mediocre. The host was relatively short and not very courteous. We had reservations at 7:15pm. We showed up a minute or two before and we had to wait for one person to sit in front of us, which we were ok with. We hung around for 15 minutes before we asked again (no one notified us or mentioned anything else to us about wait time...there was no one else waiting with us at this time) and was told there was a table being cleared for us. We waited another 10 minutes before asking again (again, no one informing us of what was taking so long) and was told it would be 2-3 more minutes. Finally, 10 more minutes later, we got a seat (it did end up being a nice one, however, in the corner of the patio).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningnatethegreatVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service in a perfect setting for a summer dinner. Our out-of-town guests loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is Everything... AlmostRadioTravelerDined on 8/30/2014We are frequent visitors to Pacifica (usually at dinner), but we decided to do lunch yesterday. As usual, the food and the place were wonderful. You can't really ask for more than great food and a wonderful view -- EXCEPT, I do have an expectation of wonderful SERVICE. When we arrived the restaurant was relatively slow -- so slow that servers were standing around talking. We were seated and besides the bus boy that brought bread and water, we waited for almost 15 minutes before somebody talked to us. The food was excellent, but service was mediocre at best. It's not normally that way and we were disappointed. After hoping for a refill on my iced tea, I gave up (it came with the check). Great food DESERVES great service -- we didn't get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it every time I visit Del MarBwi12Dined on 8/27/2014Million dollar view!!! Great food. Great service. Very consistent sine I first ate there ( about 20 years ago).Special Features:
- Pricey restaurant, so-so serviceLV2EatDined on 8/24/2014My husband and son came here for an anniversary lunch--we were seated on the patio with beautiful views. Our waitress was nice but seemed distracted. Some dishes came super fast, others made us wonder if she had forgotten. When we finished our entree, she plopped down the check, I had to ask if they had dessert options, since for us, it was a special occasion. It wasn't very busy, but yet we had the impression of being rushed. The food was good, although my husband had the grilled shrimp which he thought was pretty skimpy, and he is not what you call a hearty eater! He did like his Bloody Mary! I had the sugar coated salmon which was cooked perfectly, and my son felt his burger was good. We shared the bon bon dessert, it was OK.Special Features:
- Really Very Good But PackedSmittyDined on 8/23/2014I was surpirsed we managed to get a table at prime time during track season. Part of the Ambiance rsating is because the tables are so packed is that, once seated, it is nearly impossible to move. The location, food and views are so good everyone wants to dine there. The dinner specials were absolutely superb and the ability to make minor changes to the salmon (three of us ordered it and each had different sides) was the sign of a restaurant recognizing the wants of each individual customer. Parking is just short of a nightmare. Valet service is very good but there are some people in this world driving over-sized SUVs into undergroud parking lots and electing to self-park that should not be allowed to dirve a shopping cart.Special Features:
- GreatHudsonlajolla1Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was great, the view, food, and the friendliness of the manager Kyle made this most memorable.Special Features:
- DM foodiedmfoodie1Dined on 8/22/2014We went to Pacifica to celebrate a friend's birthday. The service was outstanding, very attentive staff. Ahi and burgers were excellent. Server was very attentive to B.D. girl and knew it was her B.D. via on line reservation without telling him!! I live in Del Mar and Pacifica has been the flag ship restaurant at the plaza. Thanks for a wonderful, delicious lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annsDined on 8/17/2014excellent food glad we tried it. we will gladly recommend it to everyone coming to the area. we come for the del mar fair and racing meet. We will most likely dine a this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Early evening Paciifica ExperienceLouMDined on 8/17/2014Went to the restaurant in early evening following afternoon at Del Mar. Getting seated was a bit chaotic even with reservations. Not the restaurants fault but parking was confusing. The facility was quite nice but needs to provide the diner with more of a dinner house feel and less of a coffee shop environment. We felt like the restaurant operation was a bit robotic. Our food was quite good. Diners should be aware that sea food is obviously the main fare. Service was somewhat inconsistent during our dining experience.Special Features:
- Better than eversksgoldfishDined on 8/17/2014We've been to Pacifica many times over the years, and it has always been good. However, we usually don't think of the food quality as being on par with real fine dining options in San Diego. Our meal last Saturday was excellent. We tried their three small plate special and a silver salmon special. Really excellent. We'll make it a point to go more often now.Special Features:
- Service was poorubernostrumDined on 8/17/201420 minutes just to put order in (was not busy), order was incomplete, wrong salad, shared side broccolini missing. Altogether we sat for an hour before receiving food, plus another 15 just to get it put into togo boxes.
- loves to eat out regularly in SD...lovetodineDined on 8/17/2014The patio was so hot I thought we would die as we arrived after the races at Del Mar. The meal, service were good. Just keep in mind the sun shines right into the patio until well after 7PM if you are dining in the summer. You can eat inside and miss the view and ambiance and still enjoy the good foodSpecial Features:
- Needs More Attention to DetailOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The food is very good but the servers need to pay more attention to details. When silverware is removed with the appetizer plates, it should be replaced automatically. When side dishes intended for sharing are served, there should be a utensil included so that they can be served without people using their own forks or spoons. Water glasses should be refilled without asking and crumbs cleared from the table after the meal and before serving dessert. Aside from these basic service missteps the food and the wine list are very good without breaking the bank although that is an option. Worth a visit. Go early and stay for the sunset.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful spot and excellent food. Service was pretty good but lacked something in matching the ambiance of the place.Special Features:
- First time at Pacifica Del MarRipplaDined on 8/15/2014Just moved to the area and Pacifica was recommended. I was able to get reservation on a Friday night without a lot of notice. Staff was friendly and professional. Great selection of small plates as well as appetizers. Food was fantastic (we had scallops, catfish and lamb meat balls). Add a gorgeous sunset and you can't go wrong! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Splendid Dining ExperienceBruscoDined on 8/14/2014We went to Pacifica Del Mar three out of five evenings during the week we were in town. I strongly recommend the scallops. The scallops were large, fresh, and the texture was perfect. The service was personable and excellent. The Mocha Semifreddo for dessert was outstanding. It is enough for four people to taste and it is very rich. The texture was perfect. Thursday night is half price night for wines and we took advantage of the opportunity to enjoy a splendid Ken Brown Pinot Noir. I recommend making reservations one half hour before sunset while dining on their outside patio.Special Features:
- Great place for sunset dinnersmauinokaoiDined on 8/13/2014Had a great dinner with another couple. The Sea Bass was nicely done, as was the Ahi. This is a great place to eat and watch the sunset, and always has consistently good food. We brought our own wine since they do have corkage and the wine prices are high. This is one of our favorite places in Del Mar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish tacos have changedsmm51Dined on 8/13/2014I usually order the fish tacos at lunch. I didn't know they had changed the dish and I was disappointed. I probably will not order them again.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchthelunchproDined on 8/13/2014I invited my life-long friend to lunch for her birthday and was so glad I chose Pacifica del Mar. Although we ate light, our crab salads were excellent. The crab tasted like it was just gathered from the sea that morning! We had a chance to review your dinner menu and commented that we had found a "keeper" to return to. We look forward to returning again and again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cuisine1expensivetasteDined on 8/10/2014Had the pork tenderloin and it was awesome! It wasn't under/over cooked yet it melts in your mouth. My husband had the lamb meatballs which were just as awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking disasterEscondidodiner1Dined on 8/10/2014Parking is a disaster. No one to monitor traffic going into and out of the structure. No one to call if there's a problem Fee collection is automated. Almost no signage to guide you to the exits The parking detracts from an otherwise great evening. They absolutely need to have an attendant at each exit and improve signage. Picture yourself at a gate with five cars behind you and the machine that collects the money will not accept cash. You can't back up. You can't turn. Cars behind you are honking. The line interferes with incoming traffic. WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a sign that directs you to a cash exit that you cannot get to. Horrible planning.Special Features:
- ezdiningDined on 8/10/2014I've eaten at Pacifica in Palm Springs and enjoyed it looking for a dinner spot remembered Pacifica Had A Location In Del Mar Really enjoyed food, atmosphere and service was great! Went around 5:00 on a Sunday great Sunset prices not to crowded. As we were leaving it was getting busy timed it just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSteveTDined on 8/8/2014Good Food, not very romantic,noisy, fish tank in the dining area bordered on tacky.Special Features:
- Great foodbmaxDined on 8/7/2014Went for our anniversary on a Thursday. This place was hopping with locals. A good sign. Found out it was half price wine bottles. A bonus. Food was fresh and well prepared. Wish it was closer to homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently deliciousJanRSFDined on 8/7/2014We went for our anniversary on a Thursday night when wine is half-priced. We were there early so ordered the early dinner special which is a great value. There are about six dinner choices that come with a soup or salad for $23.95. The house salad is delicious. I had the steak which is always delicious at this seafood restaurant, served with mashed potatoes and broccolini. My husband had the salmon which is always cooked to perfection. We have never been disappointed with the food or the service.Special Features:
- Consistently good food, great viewOldHRHitterDined on 8/6/2014Consistently good food, great view and service. Their regular menu has something for everyone, the early bird is a great value and their bar menu has a lot of interesting small plates at low prices during happy hour. Great servers and great view. Their "frequent diner's club" is a nice perk.Special Features:
- Lovely view and great food!FoodieDined on 8/4/2014We went to this restaurant for our 1st anniversary just the other day. We were visiting San Diego. The food was good, but what really made the evening was good, friendly service and when we walked in for our res the hostess told the woman that sat us "seat them anywhere they'd like". We obviously wanted the two top with the great view. That's a great way to impress me. The drink menu is on an iPad and there were lots to choose from. The Lemon Meringue Martini and berry mixes vodka drinks were delish. We shared the lobster with a small filet and had amazing brussel sprouts in the side. The restaurant brought us a creme brûlée for free which was also very nice. Great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner-eat food and serviceSauceonthesideVIPDined on 8/3/2014As always, Pacifica Del Mar does not disappoint. Tasting menu delightful and I rarely venture to try something with so many sauces. Guests enjoyed theirs as well topped off with dessert trio. Perfect setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful viewBreeDined on 8/2/2014I took my boyfriend here for a birthday breakfast. We ordered the Caribbean-Seasoned Hash and the Chicken. The chicken was succulent and the hints of mango in the hash were fantastic. We were helped by Scott who was just the right amount of attentive without being annoying. Overall fantastic experience. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places in Del MarlovegoodfoodDined on 7/27/2014Great food, fantastic view of the ocean, and we have always had excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!EatingoutVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always great, and we saved room for dessert...yum.Special Features:
- Turned out okayMaggieDined on 7/23/2014We had a reservation -told we had to wait 15 mins to sit outside. so we waited, which was fine. We were seated and then ignored for at least 15 mins. I finally stopped a busboy and asked him if he could send our waiter over - he said he could take our drink order - so we told him what we wanted - then the waitress came over to explain that the wine was not available by the bottle.......so we ordered another. The manager, I assume, brought the bottle, apologized for the wait, said the bottle of wine was on the house as well as any dessert we'd like........so sort of made up for it. We took the wine, opted out of dessert. Guess it was just an oversight on their part that we were ignored for so long - they were willing to make it right.Special Features:
- Sunset DinnerChowHoundDined on 7/23/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. It was a great experience. Great view of the ocean and definitely recommended for dining at sunset. Excellent choice of dishes and food was perfectly prepared. Will be adding this to my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.