Pacifica Del Mar
1555 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Pacifica Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8587920476x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Friday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mark Bolton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacifica Del Mar is able to bring its award winning cuisine to you. We can create a special menu for you and your guests.
A word from Pacifica Del Mar
Awarded the California Restaurant Association's prestigious Gold Medallion for "Best Seafood Dining in San Diego," and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, Pacifica Del Mar is one of San Diego's most popular Costal Ocean View Restaurants. Casual dining on the deck features breathtaking sunsets and creative costal cuisine with mouthwatering selections of fresh seafood, steak, and pasta. Inside, the art adorned feng shui setting also offers relaxed ocean view dining. Pacifica Del Mar has become the dining experience of choice, celebrated year round for it’s warmth, hospitality, service, and unforgettable ocean view dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacifica Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Pacifica Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (174)great for outdoor dining (169)special occasion (97)fit for foodies (88)romantic (78)neighborhood gem (73)great for lunch (52)vibrant bar scene (52)notable wine list (43)good for groups (36)hot spot (33)great for brunch (21)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food was OK but the wait time for the food was unreal. We were told that "a big group just walked in" after about a 30 min. wait. Then we waited again for a long time for the food to arrive.Special Features:
- Lovely meal!nanlyduDined on 10/21/2014I chose Pacifica Del Mar for my 60th birthday dinner. Lovely weather, great view of the sunset, delicious food. We started with the shrimp cocktail. I had the sunset special: Hearts of Romaine salad and Sugar-spiced salmon. Nice salad. Salmon was moist, complemented by the sugar-spice glaze, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans quite tasty. My husband chose the swordfish. The fish was very fine, but the the side of squash with olive tapenade vinaigrette was not to his taste.Special Features:
- RosieDined on 10/20/2014I go to Pacifica often and make sure I take family there when they visit San Diego. I have never been anything but totally pleased with everything they offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for birthday dinnerluv2feastDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating 2 birthdays, entire meal was outstanding. Salmon, steak, was cooked to perfection. Salad very fresh and caesar dressing excellent. Desserts delicious, especially housemade bon-bons and creme brulee. Server (and team) took great care of us, gave spot-on knowledge of dish selection. Definitely at the top of our list for family celebrations involving seafood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food but seating close to kitchen is a little noisySpecial Features:
- Nice way to end the weekbsmith661Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I drove from Valencia Del Mar on Friday evening. It took us 4 hours to get there. We headed straight to the restaurant and had a drink in the bar while we waited for our table. I had a Mai Tai, which I wouldn't recommend. My wife had a craft beer on tap, which was a much better choice. We were seated outside on the heated patio where we had a great seafood dinner. It was the perfect place to unwind from 4 hours of LA traffice and kick off the weekend. I would definitely return to Pacifica Del Mar again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The King of DelMarFoodmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014This place buries the competition. I have had the swordfish 4 times. Best thing they have done in years. Terrific waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathieVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Sugar Spice Salmon was absolutely delicious! It was seasoned well, and without a lot of sodium! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset made to orderceteceaDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. My request for a table at the window was granted. The sunset was breath-taking. The service was excellent, not intrusive but attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend the Sunset Menu. Options are great and food is delicious. My husband always orders the Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail. This time was no different except that the "jumbo" shrimp weren't jumbo. For $17, I expect JUMBO shrimp. But that was the only disappointment of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica Del MarYummyDined on 10/12/2014It was a very pleasant place, the kind to relax, unwind, take out of town guest or have a date. The dishes we picked were delicious with great flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Mar DelightStanGDined on 10/8/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this first visit to Pacifica Del Mar. The entire evening was a pleasure from the greeting at reception through to the end of the night. Food was beautifully presented and extremely tasty. Service was top notch and friendly. The views were fantastic. Overall A+Special Features:
- Packed in like sardinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I was trying to take my boyfriend to a special birthday dinner and called to request a nice sunset view table. The table we got, while outside, was so small and cramped. We were looking at the back of people's heads instead of the sunset and on our other side was a large party who kept standing so their butts were in our faces! Then there was only 1 small aisle way to serve this large group which went right by our table. Our waitress even apologized for all the "commotion". Overall was extremely disappointed.
- Go for the Sunset Stay for the FoodchefbobcatVIPDined on 10/3/2014After several strong recommendations from friends and Del Mar locals we dined at Pacifica Del Mar. The view of the Sunset is absolutely incredible and the food is equally great. The Baked Oysters with Parmesan are as great as I have ever eaten anywhere else, probably better. This restaurant has an extensive seafood selection as well as many dishes for those (my wife) who do not like something from the sea. Per my 5 star rating, the service is outstanding and the entire staff is tuned to fulfilling your every need.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualDivaDined on 10/3/2014Pacifica Del Mar is my favorite restaurant! The food is absolutely wonderful. This time our server was slow....we waited longer than we wanted the busier it got as the evening went on. But it did not ruin our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a friend and clientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Memorable, good parking, delicious lunch menu, attentive service, enjoy coming back.Special Features:
- ServicedonnydartDined on 10/1/2014Service was Great. Wednesday Martini Happy Hour very fun.Special Features:
- BwytwrMawrBwytwrMawrDined on 9/30/2014Another great dining experience - we never seem to fail here. The main course dishes are always outstanding, but what impresses us even more is that the simple dishes such as salads have been painstakingly prepared with attention to minute details as opposed to the routine treatment at most restaurants.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Such a great night. We had a beautiful sunset filled with great food and drinks. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyDined on 9/28/2014The food is consistently excellent, the ambience outdoors is very pleasant and the service is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica does it againShermDined on 9/27/2014Dining at Pacificia is as wonderful today as it has been for many years and you can't beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and great food!VJL1775Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I always look forward to dinner at Pacifica Del Mar. I love their signature salmon dish and my husband usually goes for a good steak, this time he chose the rib eye which did not disappoint. We love the ocean view from the outdoor terrace but get there early enough before the sun sets. A very special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SDfoodCeneDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is lovely; great views of the ocean and the village, very tasty and creative menu, truly wonderful service. It is always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste good--- Portions notJoanDined on 9/25/2014I felt cheated during restaurant week. Gee wiz, put some berries with the crème brulee, add some shrimp and fish to the stew. 2 shrimp and I barely saw the fish, are you kidding! There was a lot of bread and onions though. With tip, lunch was $25 and although the food tasted good, it was not a good time. Also, your "club music" during lunch is TOO LOUD.Special Features:
- kabuVIPDined on 9/25/2014Love the beautiful view and the food is consistently good. One of our favorite restaurants on the beach. Great Happy hour too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem of a placeWebratDined on 9/23/2014What a great place for a sunset dinner. My wife and I were celebrating out 25th wedding anniversary and wanted a good restaurant with a view. Pacifica Del Mar delivered on both. The staff was attentive and polite. Highly recommend to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion of just a good night out.Special Features:
- Beautiful!SanDiegoBichonDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed this lunchtime visit to celebrate my birthday. The food (ahi/udon noodle salad especially) was absolutely delicious, and the service was great. There's nothing you can say about the view that hasn't been said--one of the best views, with lovely comfortable seating, in San Diego. And, the waiter as so thoughtful. He overheard my daughter mention my birthday, and brought me dessert with a little candle. Loved it, and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Beautiful view-delicious foodkluvstravelDined on 9/20/2014Even though Pacifica is not on the beach, there is a fantastic ocean view and one could even see the sunset if arriving early enough. All 4 of us at my table loved their food. I had the halibut and it was incredibly fresh and delicious. The pineapple infused jalapeño margarita was very refreshing with just a small amount of spice. The service was average. They appeared to be shorthanded with servers and bartenders. It was a Saturday night and two large groups were near us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What It Used To BeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We have dined at Pacifica Del Mar for many years and always had a wonderful experience. This time, however, we found the experience disappointing. Service started out beautifully, but was soon affected by a large group of very high maintenance customers. We had to wait quite a while for attention once our main course was cleared. Food was good, but not great. Steak excellent, but halibut overcooked. We will give this one a rest for a while.
- Special!smlgirlDined on 9/19/2014We loved our evening at Pacifica Del Mar. Everything went perfectly and the food was delicious. They reserved an outside table on the beautiful patio (at my request) and then kindly moved us inside instead because it was a colder evening. The restaurant went above and beyond in letting me bring my own dessert - they refrigerated, plated and even washed the dish for me with no extra cost. Perfect place to celebrate my dad's birthday.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!Jabber1963Dined on 9/18/2014We had a wonderful experience at Pacifica Del Mar last Thursday night. We had a reservations at 630 and we seated right away. We we greater by the back up waiter because our waiter was busy at the time. We ordered drinks and appetize right away. Our waiter Julia was awesome. The halibut was delicious. The wine list satisfied our tastes and Julia was knowledgable. The view at sunset was so beautiful. We had a perfect experience at Pacifica Del Mar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pack 'em InOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014This place jam packs you on their patio overlooking the road, another row of restaurants, and then the pacific. Nice view of sunset, but I prefer a smaller place that is then able to deliver higher quality food.Special Features:
- No AC??!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Not our first visit and the food is always good. We went during the heat wave and were shocked to fond they don't have air conditioning?!? Really?? The whole place was wide open so the heat was a misery. No option to be inside with relief from the heat. Shame in them. Shut your doors and make your customers comfortable! We will go back. But really?Special Features:
- luv4foodDined on 9/14/2014I took my mother here for a nice dinner and it truly was. I normally don't eat salmon, however because it is supposed to be so good for me, I tried the sugar spice salmon. Very delicious and no fishy taste. It was very moist and sweet. My mother had the halibut which was good as well. I loved the presentation and the suggested wine was very nice. I loved that everything was so clean, including the wine glasses and the glass on the patio. The service was fantastic and done with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic charmCardinalfanDined on 9/11/2014All the prerequisites to make this an awesome dining spot however the food is lacking. Some dishes were really good; beet salad, steak, prime rib were tasty but undercooked. The Ahi was rather boring and doesn't compare to ahi at other fine restaurants. Oysters superb. Service top notch by the waitress but that's it. Bar scene loud and raucous. Don't sit close. Great happy hour. The views are what people come for...amazing if your facing in that direction. Definitely not as good as it used to be!Special Features:
- Killer DishFoodmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014The grilled swordfish with tapenade that is currently on the menu is one of the best things they have ever doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining/Moderate Happy Hourluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times and enjoyed the outdoor patio dining experience each time. The last time we sat indoors for the Happy Hour menu and were less then satisfied with the food.Special Features:
- Great service and viewdiningsleuth1Dined on 9/3/2014We were treated very nicely and had sunset outdoor dinner for mey wife's birthday. The salads and salmon entree were good, and reasonably priced for large serving of very well prepared fish. The mulligatawny soup was bland. I really like this restaurant and keep returning for special occasions to enjoy the view and ambiance. Would be nice to see some evoluation and more creativity in the menu, but overall the food is reliably quiote good, and the vibe is positive in this long enduring local landmark.Special Features:
- Good food and ambiancePAvisitorDined on 8/30/2014Anything involving the people or service was mediocre. The host was relatively short and not very courteous. We had reservations at 7:15pm. We showed up a minute or two before and we had to wait for one person to sit in front of us, which we were ok with. We hung around for 15 minutes before we asked again (no one notified us or mentioned anything else to us about wait time...there was no one else waiting with us at this time) and was told there was a table being cleared for us. We waited another 10 minutes before asking again (again, no one informing us of what was taking so long) and was told it would be 2-3 more minutes. Finally, 10 more minutes later, we got a seat (it did end up being a nice one, however, in the corner of the patio).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningnatethegreatVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service in a perfect setting for a summer dinner. Our out-of-town guests loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is Everything... AlmostRadioTravelerDined on 8/30/2014We are frequent visitors to Pacifica (usually at dinner), but we decided to do lunch yesterday. As usual, the food and the place were wonderful. You can't really ask for more than great food and a wonderful view -- EXCEPT, I do have an expectation of wonderful SERVICE. When we arrived the restaurant was relatively slow -- so slow that servers were standing around talking. We were seated and besides the bus boy that brought bread and water, we waited for almost 15 minutes before somebody talked to us. The food was excellent, but service was mediocre at best. It's not normally that way and we were disappointed. After hoping for a refill on my iced tea, I gave up (it came with the check). Great food DESERVES great service -- we didn't get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.