114 W. Liberty Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificrimbykana.com/
- Phone: 734-662-9303
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Duc Tang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim features pan-Asian cuisine that draws from the best of Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai food with a commitment to using the finest fresh and seasonal ingredients and timeless French techniques. Extensive wine list and full bar available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pacific Rim - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Pacific Rim reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)special occasion (113)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (36)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Love Pacific RimLive4FoodDined on 10/21/2014I love Pacific Rim and am never disappointed. I used to go there for lunch, when they were open for lunch, but their dinners are superb. It was my husband's first visit there and he was duly impressed. It's a very elegant space with professional wait staff and the food is DIVINE. Asian-inflected.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Was expecting more. Food just mediocre. I did love the salad dressing.
- Saturday Night DinnerVoyageurVIPDined on 10/18/2014From appetizers to dessert, the entire meal was excellent. The crab cakes are outstanding for a starter and the scallops and sliced rib eye were both generous and delicious for entrees. The only thing that was interesting was that very few reservations were available on Open Table, yet the restaurant was about 1/3 empty. Not sure how they are arranging the reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably just not for me.AP2014Dined on 10/17/2014The good - My girlfriend loved her tuna dish. The waitress was very professional, attentive, and accommodating. The not-so-good: The food I ordered was at best ok (which is disappointing considering the price). The zucchini crepes were nothing to write home about. My entree was the goat-cheese pierogies, which were ok, but not great, and the portion size was very small for an entree (should've gone with the duck?). For dessert we ordered the creme brulee tastings, which weren't horrible but not great either. They had a weird texture and the flavors (green tea, pumpkin, and ginger) didn't really work. So overall, I didn't really enjoy the experience BUT everyone else I know LOVES this place so don't take my word for it. It might just be me.
- Great place in Ann Arborreluctant1Dined on 10/16/2014My wife and I have lived in Ann Arbor for about 7 years, and we frequent the area's better restaurants (e.g. Melange, Gratzi, Vinology, Eve (before it closed) etc.), but we hadn't dined at Pacific Rim until some friends of ours said it was their favorite restaurant. So, we went with them, and it was excellent! My wife just celebrated a birthday, and when I asked her if she could eat anywhere in Ann Arbor, where would she go, she selected Pacific Rim. She says that the salmon there is the best she's ever had. I like the tuna. Nice wine selection. Good whiskey selection. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Simply excellentCamaroZ28Dined on 10/15/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Ann Arbor and perhaps the best. Every dish is unique and excellent. Sometimes we just order an assortment of appetizers. My wife especially likes the Sablefish. For me, the Wasabie-Peppercorn Tenderloin is the best steak in Ann Arbor! Yes, better than the Chop House. Besides the perfect beef, it has a delicious (mild) wasabi and pepper sauce which goes well with the mashed potatoes and for flavoring the beef. Price is moderately high for Ann Arbor, but well worth it for special occasions. For an appetizer, main dish and one drink, figure $50 per person including the tip.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!NVW55VDined on 10/11/2014Everything was great. The Big-eye Tuna and Korean marinated beef were absolutely delicious. Portions were generous, service was attentive, friendly and always at the table at the right time. Went back 2 weekends in a row. This weekend may be a 3rdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificdinerDDined on 10/11/2014A wonderful spot to celebrate a special occasion. Our meals were terrific. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- simply awesome!DebbieMDined on 10/10/2014We went to Pacific Rim while visiting our son at U of M. Everything about our meal was superb. No complains what so ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the Best Meals We've Ever HadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food here was absolutely phenomenal, & the service was prompt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently yummyDebsDined on 10/9/2014We keep returning to Pacific rim because it continues to be a consistently delicious meal. While it would be nice to see some changes on the menu, their mainstay courses are delicious thought fully prepared and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann Arbor GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Pacific Rim is our favorite restaurant! The food is ALWAYS superb and the atmosphere is fantastic. The owner is engaged with his customers creating a warm and friendly environmentSpecial Features:
- Pleasant experienceNikoDined on 10/5/2014we went to this restaurant with my family and we appreciated the experience. the food was good and the atmosphere was nice for a quiet dinner. I would recommend it in the futureSpecial Features:
- DelicioushungrygirlDined on 9/27/2014Menu is imaginative and food is presented beautifully. Everything we ate was delicious, especially Big Eye Tuna and sablefish. Highly recommend for a very good meal in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/27/2014We were seated very end corner where you can hear all the action from kichen that turned us off. We ended up ordering just couple starters and left. Tables were close to each other where you can hear the conversation from the people next to you. Not recommended for date night or some sort. Food was good to ok level.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent as always! An Ann Arbor favorite! Love Pacific Rim!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific flair, Continental charmChicagoTomVIPDined on 9/26/2014This, by our lights in several visits from out of town over several years, is the best restaurant in Ann Arbor. Its seafood has been unfailingly excellent and there are chicken, steak and lamb dishes to round out the menu. For four diners, we ordered two rounds of many starters ... and that could have been our meal. (It wasn't, as we lingered, not rushed despite the house being fully reserved. We had choreographed a small surprise gathering, which the staff accommodated very well. The ambiance is a relaxing oasis for a college town on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at PROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I made this reservation based on reviews of the restaurant. My wife and I were not disappointed. The atmosphere was very nice, the food was great and the service was the best. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAnilDined on 9/22/2014This was our first visit and we enjoyed the service, food, excellent Atmosphere We plan to visit again with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulgolfdude667Dined on 9/18/2014Such good food, wonderful atmosphere. Pricey, but romantic and delicious.Special Features:
- Best in Ann ArborAzilDined on 9/13/2014Pacific Rim never disappoints. It has been my go-to restaurant in Ann Arbor for over 10 years. Their food is consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- ScallopsPitlizardDined on 9/13/2014Scallops with coconut sauce were great, and so was the coconut soup. Watch out for that drink "For Women Only" though. They are not messing arounnd -- it is strong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sep 2014JITRDined on 9/12/2014Great food. A little noisy and a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably very gooddmfxbjrDined on 9/11/2014This is a very good place for celebrations for small to mid sized groups. We go to it for anniversaries or birthdays, e.g., as well as just good dinners. It is really a great place without being overwhelming. Not a big menu, but many surprising and delicious choices nonetheless, especially if you like Korean food -- it is a kind of Pacific Rim fusion with Korea as home base. Service very pleasant and competent, too.Special Features:
- Really good!MkitchDined on 9/10/2014Took my brother here for his 22nd birthday and we both loved it! Super good food with some great service :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in AAmeepDined on 9/8/2014Best restaurant in AA. Recently came with 9 friends for Bday, and all LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicelfk1Dined on 9/6/2014The food was fresh and delicious. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014An outstanding meal with superb service. I love that the portions are not enormous, except if you are rating the flavors and presentations. House salad dressing is fantastic -- if I'm commenting on a salad dressing, I had a great evening. Sablefish probably the top main course selection among many excellent choices. Maria, our server, was professional, fully knowledgeable about the food and wine list, and knew how to be attentive to our needs without being overbearing. Every aspect of the meal, from quality of food, to service, to pace between courses, was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotEfireDined on 9/5/2014We love pacific rim. The food and service is always perfect. We continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent anniversaryA2dinerDined on 8/31/2014We went to Pacific Rim to celebrate our wedding anniversary. (We've been there several time before and thoroughly enjoy it). The meal and wine were excellent, but most particularly the service which was attentive, professional and very engaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBre3zyDined on 8/30/2014Went to this place on a whim and turned out to be a great experience. The staff was very knowledgeable of their product, top to bottom, and was very patient with us when deciding on what we wanted. Wine selection was great, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014If you enjoy upscale Asian food, this is one of the best. Another gem in Ann Arbor. We have been there many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite placenewfavDined on 8/26/2014Low lighting, Asian modern decor and small entry (that does not disturb diners) is very inviting. Our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. The menu is creative, ingredients fresh and the flavor combinations really interesting without being cloying. Primarily a seafood menu, there are a few non-seafood menu items (I have a seafood allergy and was happy that I had options). I would only suggest to add perhaps a few more starters that are not seafood oriented for others like myself. We were most pleased with the wine list. Interesting and not overpriced. We came to Pacific Rim for a change (my dinner partner loves seafood), and we were very happy in the end to have found a 'new favorite place'.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Everything was outstanding. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- BergunkiVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our server Travis was great! Loved the beef skewers, duck, and corn ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seared Big Eye TunacrlbDined on 8/22/2014Hands down the Seared Tuna entree is the best I have ever had. If you are in Ann Arbor, it's a must go to! As good as you remember it was the last time, it manages to exceed your expectations again and again.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodieNewParentsDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I are foodies who had not been on a date for over 5 months (we have a baby). Pacific Rim was the perfect choice for us! We are new to A2 and wanted to start trying restaurants; we were not disappointed. After starting with 2 delicious soups, we opted for a platter of appetizers, all of which were enjoyable, but the beef with the peanut satay sauce was exceptional. The star of the meal was the Big Eye Tuna with crispy sushi rice cakes, a crunch fresh salad, and swirls of savory sauces. On top of that, the service was attentive without being overbearing. A wonderful re-entry into date nights.Special Features:
- The menu is amazing.JEM8Dined on 8/16/2014We love the food, cocktails and seasonal options. I always enjoy my order and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousndk2Dined on 8/16/2014We chose Pacific Rim on the recommendation of many friends and were not disappointed. I couldn't decide, so had 2 appetizers, both the cold avocado soup and the pork belly. Both delicious. My friend had the coconut curry soup and that was even better! For my entree I had the Korean rib steak and I loved it! I liked the sauce on the side so I could make it as spicy as I wanted. The waitress we had was very attentive and helpful. I am sure I will be back there many times!Special Features:
- rickVIPDined on 8/15/2014upscale Asian food well made; consistent quality. Wortha return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.