114 W. Liberty Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificrimbykana.com/
- Phone: 734-662-9303
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Duc Tang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim features pan-Asian cuisine that draws from the best of Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai food with a commitment to using the finest fresh and seasonal ingredients and timeless French techniques. Extensive wine list and full bar available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pacific Rim - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Pacific Rim reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)fit for foodies (120)romantic (88)neighborhood gem (58)notable wine list (39)good for groups (20)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- DelicioushungrygirlDined on 9/27/2014Menu is imaginative and food is presented beautifully. Everything we ate was delicious, especially Big Eye Tuna and sablefish. Highly recommend for a very good meal in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/27/2014We were seated very end corner where you can hear all the action from kichen that turned us off. We ended up ordering just couple starters and left. Tables were close to each other where you can hear the conversation from the people next to you. Not recommended for date night or some sort. Food was good to ok level.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent as always! An Ann Arbor favorite! Love Pacific Rim!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific flair, Continental charmChicagoTomVIPDined on 9/26/2014This, by our lights in several visits from out of town over several years, is the best restaurant in Ann Arbor. Its seafood has been unfailingly excellent and there are chicken, steak and lamb dishes to round out the menu. For four diners, we ordered two rounds of many starters ... and that could have been our meal. (It wasn't, as we lingered, not rushed despite the house being fully reserved. We had choreographed a small surprise gathering, which the staff accommodated very well. The ambiance is a relaxing oasis for a college town on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at PROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I made this reservation based on reviews of the restaurant. My wife and I were not disappointed. The atmosphere was very nice, the food was great and the service was the best. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAnilDined on 9/22/2014This was our first visit and we enjoyed the service, food, excellent Atmosphere We plan to visit again with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulgolfdude667Dined on 9/18/2014Such good food, wonderful atmosphere. Pricey, but romantic and delicious.Special Features:
- Best in Ann ArborAzilDined on 9/13/2014Pacific Rim never disappoints. It has been my go-to restaurant in Ann Arbor for over 10 years. Their food is consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- ScallopsPitlizardDined on 9/13/2014Scallops with coconut sauce were great, and so was the coconut soup. Watch out for that drink "For Women Only" though. They are not messing arounnd -- it is strong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sep 2014JITRDined on 9/12/2014Great food. A little noisy and a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably very gooddmfxbjrDined on 9/11/2014This is a very good place for celebrations for small to mid sized groups. We go to it for anniversaries or birthdays, e.g., as well as just good dinners. It is really a great place without being overwhelming. Not a big menu, but many surprising and delicious choices nonetheless, especially if you like Korean food -- it is a kind of Pacific Rim fusion with Korea as home base. Service very pleasant and competent, too.Special Features:
- Really good!MkitchDined on 9/10/2014Took my brother here for his 22nd birthday and we both loved it! Super good food with some great service :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in AAmeepDined on 9/8/2014Best restaurant in AA. Recently came with 9 friends for Bday, and all LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicelfk1Dined on 9/6/2014The food was fresh and delicious. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014An outstanding meal with superb service. I love that the portions are not enormous, except if you are rating the flavors and presentations. House salad dressing is fantastic -- if I'm commenting on a salad dressing, I had a great evening. Sablefish probably the top main course selection among many excellent choices. Maria, our server, was professional, fully knowledgeable about the food and wine list, and knew how to be attentive to our needs without being overbearing. Every aspect of the meal, from quality of food, to service, to pace between courses, was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotEfireDined on 9/5/2014We love pacific rim. The food and service is always perfect. We continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent anniversaryA2dinerDined on 8/31/2014We went to Pacific Rim to celebrate our wedding anniversary. (We've been there several time before and thoroughly enjoy it). The meal and wine were excellent, but most particularly the service which was attentive, professional and very engaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBre3zyDined on 8/30/2014Went to this place on a whim and turned out to be a great experience. The staff was very knowledgeable of their product, top to bottom, and was very patient with us when deciding on what we wanted. Wine selection was great, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014If you enjoy upscale Asian food, this is one of the best. Another gem in Ann Arbor. We have been there many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite placenewfavDined on 8/26/2014Low lighting, Asian modern decor and small entry (that does not disturb diners) is very inviting. Our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. The menu is creative, ingredients fresh and the flavor combinations really interesting without being cloying. Primarily a seafood menu, there are a few non-seafood menu items (I have a seafood allergy and was happy that I had options). I would only suggest to add perhaps a few more starters that are not seafood oriented for others like myself. We were most pleased with the wine list. Interesting and not overpriced. We came to Pacific Rim for a change (my dinner partner loves seafood), and we were very happy in the end to have found a 'new favorite place'.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Everything was outstanding. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- BergunkiVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our server Travis was great! Loved the beef skewers, duck, and corn ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seared Big Eye TunacrlbDined on 8/22/2014Hands down the Seared Tuna entree is the best I have ever had. If you are in Ann Arbor, it's a must go to! As good as you remember it was the last time, it manages to exceed your expectations again and again.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodieNewParentsDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I are foodies who had not been on a date for over 5 months (we have a baby). Pacific Rim was the perfect choice for us! We are new to A2 and wanted to start trying restaurants; we were not disappointed. After starting with 2 delicious soups, we opted for a platter of appetizers, all of which were enjoyable, but the beef with the peanut satay sauce was exceptional. The star of the meal was the Big Eye Tuna with crispy sushi rice cakes, a crunch fresh salad, and swirls of savory sauces. On top of that, the service was attentive without being overbearing. A wonderful re-entry into date nights.Special Features:
- The menu is amazing.JEM8Dined on 8/16/2014We love the food, cocktails and seasonal options. I always enjoy my order and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousndk2Dined on 8/16/2014We chose Pacific Rim on the recommendation of many friends and were not disappointed. I couldn't decide, so had 2 appetizers, both the cold avocado soup and the pork belly. Both delicious. My friend had the coconut curry soup and that was even better! For my entree I had the Korean rib steak and I loved it! I liked the sauce on the side so I could make it as spicy as I wanted. The waitress we had was very attentive and helpful. I am sure I will be back there many times!Special Features:
- rickVIPDined on 8/15/2014upscale Asian food well made; consistent quality. Wortha return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty spot in Ann ArborcharlottefitzDined on 8/12/2014We dined here for a birthday party and the meal was definitely suitable for the special occasion. Portion sizes were decent, the curry soup appetizer was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentcoachsokDined on 8/10/2014Pacific Rim is our special destination for special moments, in this case, our 45th Wedding Anniversary.Special Features:
- GreatKtina86Dined on 8/7/2014love the tuna tartare and seared ahi tuna, they are both my favorite! I'll be back!!Special Features:
- The waiter made the mealGtblueDined on 8/5/2014The food and wine were great for a romantic evening, but the reason I feel compelled to fill out a review is because our waiter, Mack, was fantastic. In addition to being incredibly knowledgable about wine and very friendly, he was capable, handled a delicate food allergy well, and generally made the experience enjoyable. If you go to Pacific Rim, ask for Mack!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitstaffSarawelderDined on 8/3/2014Outside was lovely and noise level was great. Inside didn't look very appealing. We ate at 8 but already some items on the main emu were sold out. The fish was good and basic and not at all over cooked The cold avocado soup with crabmeat was very good ( it was a special) I think it would have been improved with a few home made croutons. Desserts were better than expected. I plan to eat there again and try some more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Big Eye Tuna at Pac RimDC2ColumbusDined on 8/2/2014My wife, my 2-year-old, and I ate dinner at Pacific Rim on a friend's recommendation and loved it. We sat on the front patio and enjoyed the atmosphere, the great service, and, for the most part, the food. We were a little disappointed in our appetizer, the Monsoon Plate (a combination plate); the portion size for each of the individual appetizers was real small, so despite the higher price for this particular appetizer, it was no bigger than the other apps. However, the rest of our food was terrific. We ordered the roast pork belly (appetizer) for my daughter's meal, and we all enjoyed it. My wife had the Korean-Marinated Ribeye (basically a deconstructed bibimbap, but tasted great). I had the seared big eye tuna, which was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightFooderVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our server was not up to par. He ignored an empty cocktail glass on 3 different visits to the table, actually offering and brining a soft drink refill on 2 of those visits. Finally another server noticed and got the cocktail order in. Service overall was painfully slow especially getting the bill, and even longer waiting for the credit card to be taken. From a food perspective, the seasonal menu has not changed in years and (other than the constant "special" avocado soup) there are never any entrée specials. Although the food is still very well prepared, the overall feel is they've stopped trying.Special Features:
- Loved Pacific Rim Again!JanInCincinnatiDined on 7/25/2014This was our second visit to Pacific Rim (we do not often get to Ann Arbor), but we love this restaurant. This was the first reservation I made when we planned this trip. The unagi appetizer was wonderful as before. For my main, I had the Sable - a really wonderful and light fish. My husband had the quinoa encrusted scallops which were great. Our waiter was attentive and friendly - overall, a great meal and a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shalsshalsDined on 7/22/2014Great food, quiet and wonderful atmosphere, Prices are right amazing service, simply excellent restaurant in Ann arborSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !AbbyDined on 7/19/2014Pacific Rim is our favorite restaurant for special occasions with friends and family. Food is delicious. Service is very good and we love the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larry Von SalineLarryVonSalineDined on 7/19/2014Simply delicious. Apps were great to start. Entrees were perfect! Big tuna was biggish portion, but couldn't turn any away because the flavouring was addictive. Excellent use of wasabi to give each bite a flavour sensation that passed in about 8secs then finished nicely leaving you to want more. Go. And have the Tuna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousfoodie4thoughtDined on 7/16/2014Sarah, our server, was awesome. The sablefish was to die for. Avocado soup was slightly under-seasoned but the portion & saltiness of the crabmeat that came with it made up for it & more. Service from host was a bit lacking in many aspects.Special Features:
- Consistently goodWeekendCookDined on 7/14/2014We always enjoy Pacific Rim - great food, good service, peaceful decor. It can get noisy sometimes, but never so bad you can't talk.Special Features: