Pacific Rim Bistro
303 Peachtree Center Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Rim Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificrimbistro.com/
- Phone: 4048930018
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Yasutaka Kawamura
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Hsu 4048930018
A word from Pacific Rim Bistro
A mere stone's throw from major downtown hotel & convention centers, Pacific Rim Bistro is an exciting lunchtime or dinner destination featuring floor-to-ceiling windows & a patio where folks of all ages enjoy the heartbeat of the city while indulging in the finest of sushi, sashimi, exotics from Mongolia, Thai, Chinese & Hong Kong favorites. And for the meat eaters in your party, Pacific Rim's rack of lamb will be memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacific Rim Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Service mars experienceSheliaDined on 10/1/2014I recently took two clients there for lunch during mid week. The food was as good as always but our waiter was rushed & kept pushing us for an order though we'd only recently sat down. Once he took our order we never saw him again until the end of meal to ask who was getting check. I had to flag down wait staff twice to ask for drink refills. I've always gotten much better service than this at Pacific Rim. While I would return, as a salesperson, I doubt I'll bring clients again because I expect better service for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!2bldlygoDined on 9/12/2014We were celebrating our anniversary early, and I had a craving for sushi. Since my husband doesn't like sushi, I googled "Sushi and Thai restaurants" and we landed on Pacific Rim Bistro. So glad we did. The food was amazing, they volunteered to take our picture (I think they thought we were tourists which we almost were, since we're new to Atlanta), but then, when we told them "Yes, we're celebrating our anniversary, we'd love a picture," they not only took a great pic, but gave us a complimentary ice cream (green tea, my favorite, plus vanilla and mango) as a gift for our anniversary. They even boxed up our leftovers. I was blown away! Check them out, even if you just like the bar scene. They had quite a happy-hour crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Portions little for price. Wontons with crab app was just ball of cream cheese fried.Special Features:
- Causal Convention experiencePhoenixRevivalDined on 8/28/2014We decided to have a meal out while we were in town for a large convention. The sushi was good and about on price for what you'd expect for a good sushi restaurant, though some of the specialty rolls were on the high side for my tastes. The restaurant was rather busy with the influx of people in town which did play in the detriment of service; however, once our server was aware of us we didn't have to wait too much for drinks, food, etc. All in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great intown spotKatieBVIPDined on 8/28/2014Pacific Rim is a gem of a restaurant, nestled in among the high rises of downtown Atlanta. The service is great as is the food Love, love, love the Obento box choices. There is also a sushi menu from which to choose. Great people watching spot, especially when something is going on in town.Special Features:
- Best Asian Fusionluv2dineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Love Pacific Rim! Great place to either eat some sushi, some ahi tuna or even some dim sum! And their Bento boxes are the best! Definately my fav place downtown.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backRickVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was OK, nothing great. I had a shrimp dish. The sauce was heavy, and obliterated the taste of the shrimp. A group was having a big birthday party, and even far away from them, the noise was so loud I couldn't hear myself think.
- Next door to Marriott MarquisSalGalDined on 7/21/2014One block away from the Marriott, if you're looking for a change from hotel restaurants. Had a lovely spot outdoors for a group of 6. One thing that really impressed me was the hostess asking our group if anyone minded smoking as they were potentially going to place another group next to our table. That was a fabulous consideration. Everyone was courteous and professional and the food divine. I highly recommend the apple dessert, it's shareable and absolutely wonderful, everyone loved it.Special Features:
- Nice dinner spotTaylor23Dined on 7/18/2014My boyfriend and I had a date here on a Friday night. We had made a reservation for 8 pm and showed up 15 minutes early, and were seated immediately. The starters we ordered were very tasty but a little pricey. We then ordered two different sushi rolls, which came out right after we finished our starters. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I had the lobster roll and the rock and roll (eel) and both were excellent.Special Features:
- solid every TimeBeerbrewerVIPDined on 7/18/2014been here a number of times and never disappoints. as usual, I had a daily fresh juice - always good. Then I tired the fish sandwich and it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and ServiceByrdVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a great meal and service. Everything was fresh and served quickly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014Food was wonderful! Menu was very impressive! would defiantly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pan AsianchezchouDined on 6/29/2014Three of us had a late night dinner there - my friends had sushi and I had the shrimp and scallops on a skewer. My scallops were a bit underdone, but otherwise my meal was good - the vegetables were nice and crisp.
- The following 209 reviews are from the Pacific Rim Bistro reviews archive.
- Nice Placeelo321Dined on 6/11/2014We enjoyed the restaurant. The menu is a little small so if you have a semi-picky eater it may be difficult to find something to eat. The sushi was good and so was the service.Special Features:
- Excellent!TBBestDishesVIPDined on 6/5/2014I was looking for something near the Marriott Marquis and spotted PRB. I checked out their reviews - which were very good - and decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. The ginger martini was great; Hamachi was fresh and buttery and reasonably priced (it comes plain so I would recommend adding a side of ponzu and jalapenos - great flavor combo). The duck was the best I have ever had - perfectly cooked, crispy skin, moist inside, and the flavors were classic Asian. We will definitely be back next time we travel to ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/3/2014We arrived 15 minutes before closing and the staff were attentive and stayed so we could enjoy the GREAT food! The food and service were so amazing that we made a second trip during our three day visit to Atlanta!Special Features:
- Reliably fresh, tasty foodMidtownfoodieDined on 5/9/2014The bento boxes at Pacific Rim are always good, and this visit was no exception. The miso soup is always good, the salad is fresh and the dressing tasty, and the masaman shrimp curry was delicious. The prices are reasonable, especially considering the downtown location, and the restaurant is spotless, with a courteous staff. The arrival of the food was noticeably slower on this visit than is typical, but the restaurant was packed. Our waiter was serving inside and outside tables, and we could see that he was hustling, so the kitchen apparently got a little backed up. I was happy to notice that the latest health inspection certificate for Pacific Rim had a 100 (highest possible) rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ experience all aroundroadwarriorDined on 5/6/2014My husband and I were in Atlanta on business, and were given a list of restaurants by a friend. We choose this one based on the menu we saw on the website. It completely lived up to the expectations. The staff was extremely friendly, the service was great, and the food was fantastic. We eat sushi often, and we were very pleased with the variety of the menu. There was a lot of different dishes we had not seen before in other restaurants. We will definitely be eating there again on future trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi, Bad ServiceDenieDined on 4/23/2014We went in for a 7:30 birthday dinner and we did not leave until 10 pm. Everything just took a long time. The server did not split checks and he could not remember what anyone had. We had to do that for him. It was kind of a mess. The restaurant seems nice though, and the sushi was very good; although a little pricey.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2014I was there for dinner with a customer of mine. The food was great. However, the service was not at the same level. We sat down for about 5 minutes before someone asked us if we have been helped. This is a little hard to believe since we were there at 6:00 PM and only two other tables were ahead of us. Everything was good once we get started.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team parent diningMurphyMomDined on 4/5/2014Great restaurant. Love the spicy edamame and pot stickers. The sushi was wonderful as were the Mongolian tacos. No one left hungry or upset about their choice for food. The waiter was prompt and helpful with the menu and any questions we had. He was very honest, as well, which we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DTWN visitCDDinersDined on 4/4/2014Good visit and dinner with friends, service nice, value for price only goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreChestermomVIPDined on 3/27/2014Liked the look of the place and high hopes for the food. The fried dumplings were spot on, good dipping sauces. Sashimi was very good. The biggest disappointment was the Thai basil prawns. The prawns lacked flavor, just wanted more flavor in this dish. Friendly service. Would not return.Special Features:
- delicious pad thai in downtownDeedDined on 3/22/2014We got there early on a Saturday night and the place was quiet but started to fill up as we ate. Very quiet and relaxing. We enjoyed the steamed dumplings appetizer (special) and I loved my pad thai with shrimp and chicken. I like things a little spicier then how they prepared it but I requested some hot chili sauce, so was able to boost the temperature to my liking. Service was pleasant.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceKimRDined on 3/11/2014We took advantage of the tapas and sushi which was excellent. I also had an amazing glass of chardonnay recommended by our server. Service was efficient, knowledgable and not overbearing. We sat outside and go thte opportunity to enjoy the surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014We made reservations based on proximity to our hotel and what a great choice. Sushi was as fresh as fresh could be and service was outstanding. Would def recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The taste of the Pacific!YanYanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Love the food here. I come when I want good quality food. I will recommend this to friends as always!Special Features:
- Regulars once a yearsdyoungDined on 1/30/2014We love this restaurant and come every year when we have a annual convention downtown. Great sushi and entree items. We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal overallcbostDined on 1/25/2014We came early , 1.5 before our reservation and were seated no probelm. Probably beacuse they just opened. Service was good and prompt. Only issue came at the end when the Buss boy/ runner came to clear the table and knock over a water glas and it broke and water spilled all im my mom's lap. Our waiter apologized but the person that broke it did not. Overall the food and service were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealRBatermanDined on 1/11/2014We have eaten at Pacific Rim a number of times of the past years and have always had an enjoyable dining experience. The restaurant was moderaltely crowded when we arrived and had a lively bar clientele. We were seated quickly and the wait staff appeared quickly. Drinks arrived quickly. Ordered the Vietnamese spring rolls and Mongolian beef soft tacos. Both were delicious. Wife ordered the shrimp and scallops and I had the Seven-season beef. Once again, the food was delicious. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very veggie friendlyNinaVIPDined on 1/7/2014There is basically one vegetarian option on the menu - which is only okay. A couple of other options or substitutions would be better.
- PERFECT PLACE TO DINE.MillieDined on 12/19/2013My review is short and simply, I love this place, the food is some of the best i've had overall this is a perfect place. LOVE IT, will be one of my favoriate places to eat from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDglGirlDined on 11/8/2013I went to PRB for a business lunch. Ordered pineapple chicken box. I requested to make it spicy. It was EXCELLENT. Though we were one of the first ones to be seated and it was not very crowded , the food took a long time to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Great Food, Give it a TryNYCFoodieDined on 11/7/2013We had a great dining experience from start to finish. The sushi was fresh, the main meals plentiful and tasty. The atmosphere is nice, simply done with a modern edge. Totally recommend this restaurant if you are staying in the downtown area. It will not disappoint. Also, the service was spot on, they didn't try to rush us, even though the restaurant was very crowded. Our server was attentive to our every need.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2013I was excited to try this restaurant, the menu looked great. The atmosphere is very nice. That is the end of the goodness. The service was the worst I can ever remember having. We were never asked about drinks until after ordering dinner. The coconut chicken soup was primarily tofu, the sushi was fine but not that good, and the sea bass was most likely not sea bass, it was tough and stringy. Since we had essentially no waiter it was not easy to return it. A very lackluster meal. especially for the price we paid. After ten minutes of waiting for a check we had to find the waiter and ask for it. I was really astounded with how consistently bad this restaurant was... AVOID AVOID AVOID
- A Wonderful EveningDavisDined on 11/5/2013Took a friend there for dinner. Everything was nice. The staff was friendly, our waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Free parking downtown, a definite plus! The food was the main attraction, from fried oysters to sushi. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot with friendly service!QueenOfLemonadeDined on 10/6/2013Loved the ginger martini, spider roll and spicy edamame! Also had a bagel roll but was a little to heavy on the cream cheese for my taste. They also have a gluten free soy sauce by request. Within walking distance from Marriott Marquis hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Rim BistroWillyJayDined on 10/3/2013This low-key Asian Fusion restaurant offered our group of three a great and very pleasant experience, conveniently located near the Marriott Marquis on Peachtree Center Avenue in Atlanta, GA. Every menu item we ordered was truly delicious. One of us had their Spicy Vegetarian Tofu with Vegetables and it was superb.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemCarolDined on 9/20/2013A quick walk from the Hyatt Regency and a good spot if you're looking for Pacific Rim dinner selections. There was a good variety of choices on the menu and all was very well prepared. Prices were reasonable. Nice atmosphere and sidewalk cafe seating when the weather is temperate!Special Features: