Pacific Grill - Wildwood
4801 Pacific Ave
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pacific Grill - Wildwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pacificgrillwildwood.com/
- Phone: (609) 523-2333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: John Schatz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available for groups of 15 to 85 persons in our intimate dining room. Special menus available upon request.Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Dimitrov 6095232333
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Wildwood, Pacific Grill is available for both casual & elegant parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, special occasion dinners or complete weddings. Our facility can host groups up to 85 people, depending on the type of reception you desire.Please call (609)-523-2333 for details.
A word from Pacific Grill - Wildwood
Pacific Grill, globally inspired cuisine using fresh, locally grown ingredients and set in a casually elegant atmosphere. A favorite among locals and visitors alike. Brought to you by award winning chef John Schatz and Bob Dimitrov from Union Park Restaurant in Cape May, NJ. Get whisked away on a short tropical vacation right in the heart of Wildwood, on the corner of Pacific and Taylor Avenue. The restaurant attracts families and friends with the promise of traditional dishes prepared in innovative ways. Its warm and inviting space, unpretentious feel and delicious food are reasons to come back again and again.Exotic flavors from the Pacific Rim and Bourbon islands to name a few, we are sure you"ll enjoy our little piece of paradise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Pacific Grill - Wildwood - Best Restaurants in Wildwood ›
Pacific Grill - Wildwood reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)romantic (17)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great foodJfinnDined on 9/13/2014Love this place! The ambiance is very romantic if you and your significant other want to grab a great dinner. The food is always fantastic and they also have great desserts and expresso.The service is always exceptional and knowledgeable with great daily specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great!Foodie333VIPDined on 9/13/2014We ordered the Lamb Meatballs, Crab Cake, Bronzino (whole fish) and Braised Short Ribs. The Bronzino as well as the Crab Cake were good but I prefer jumbo or lump crab meat and this was more of a mix and both, in my opinion, were ordinary not extraordinary. The Lamb Meatballs were overcooked and dry. My favorite part of the meal was the Braised Short Ribs they were excellent. My husband and I usually go to The Peter Shields Inn or The Washington Inn in Cape May but thought we would try something new. Overall we had a pleasant evening but next time we will go to Cape May. As a point of reference searching for outstanding food is my hobby so, my expectations may be higher then a special occasion diner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Service was excellent. Food was seasoned very well and had great presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back!JoanieDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit within a month and both visits were outstanding. Our first visit was with another couple and the food and service were great. The only drawback was the dining room was a little noisy especially because of a little child screaming for most of dinner. (I guess his parents didn't have enough common sense to take him outside). Our second visit we were 2 other couples and were seated in a booth toward the back of the dining room where it is was very quiet. The food was great and our waiter, I believe his name was Pete, was wonderful. We definetly will be back for a 3rd visit.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable!IluvgoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014Lovely place with really good food. My wife and I went with another couple and we were all very happy with everything we ordered. The food was delicious and fresh. In a world of fried food at the shore, what more could you ask for. I would recommend thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a special dinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/28/2014Me and my boyfriend were recommended this restaurant by the owners of the hotel where we were staying. I wanted to go someplace special for my birthday. We went during Restaurant Week, and got to sample an excellent four course dinner. I highly recommend trying the Chocolate Potts, it was better than any birthday cake. Rich, creamy, and just the right amount of chocolate without being overpowering. Worth going to if you happen to be in the Wildwood area and are looking for a classy place to eat.Special Features:
- Great place!cmfoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Pacific Grill is a wonderful BYOB restaurant in the south NJ shore area. It looks like something out of Pottery Barn and the food is outstanding. They had a wonderful restaurant week menu of 3 courses for $30 that was superb.Special Features:
- Foodie63Dined on 8/25/2014From the time we sat down to the time we got it was a special experience. It was five starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMicehlleVIPDined on 8/24/2014I have been there five times this summer! This Place is a gem in the middle of Wildwood.... The service is great and the food us awesome! This kind of restaurant reminds me of a Cape May or even. Manhattan restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Flavors, Nice Atmospherestarr7007Dined on 8/24/2014I went here for restaurant week and was glad that I did so. From the outside I didn't know what to expect, but the interior was nicely decorated. I felt the restaurant week portions were a tad small, especially the appetizer, but then again a whole entree here usually runs around $30. The flavors of everything were fantastic, nothing seemed over oily and I finished my salmon down to the last bite. Overall, I left feeling very satisfied with the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!!!IzabellaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Mozarella was outstanding!!! All our entries were delicious. My kids just loved thin french fries. Can not believe that Wildwood have this kind of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014We found Pacific Grill simply by accident and would recommend it to all our friends. Food was incredible. Service was great. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Professional wait-stafflinwDined on 8/18/2014Our waiter was so very professional--he and the fabulous food made this a real "dining experience" rather than just a "dinner out." It's a BYOB, so we brought a bottle of wine and the waiter served it as though the restaurant were making a huge profit. This restaurant is a gem in a sea of mediocre restaurants at the Jersey shore. We will become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, poor foodWorkhardandbeniceDined on 8/16/2014Was here in 2012 and it was great! Unfortunately, went with my husband and in-laws. We ordered the appetizer special, which was not fantastic but pretty good. I then ordered the Sweet Pea Risotto for dinner and my husband the Pork. If we were not with my in-laws I would have sent both back and ask for a full refund. My sweet pea risotto was more like uncooked rice with frozen peas. My husbands pork looked like Raw Tuna. My mother in law enjoyed the Filet. The atmosphere was nice and the service was good. The food was well below what you expect when paying $30 a plate.
- Best in the wildwoods !PbfromNCDined on 8/9/2014Been dining in wildwood for many years and this was probably the best meal we have had here. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Food in WildwoodLawHooVIPDined on 8/9/2014BYOB! The food was very good and the service was attentive. The seafood was expertly prepared - especially the scallops, which are notoriously difficult. The pasta was tasty. I will be making this spot a part of our Wildwood vacations.Special Features:
- ExcellentWildwood2014reviewDined on 8/7/2014We were unsure where to eat. 7 adults 4 kids. All ages. Stumbled upon this restaurant on open table was couldn't have been happier. Good menu for kids. Excellent for adults and a bring your own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Pacific Grill - Wildwood reviews archive.
- We enjoyed ourselvesskibaumVIPDined on 7/31/2014We tried Pacific Grill for the first time and had a great time. The service was only ok, which was surprising given the place wasn't full. But the food was quite good and we'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Top notch dining in WildwoodKayceeDined on 7/30/2014Our family spends most weekends during the summer in Diamond Beach. We are always looking to try different restaurants. After reading the great reviews for Pacific Grill, we decided to give it go and were definitely not disappointed. Nice BYOB (although they offer wines from Turdo Winery as well). Fairly quiet place, but families with young kids are welcome and are seated in the back area of the restaurant. Service was great, but of course, the food is the real standout. Highly recommend the pork flatbread appetizer. We had the short ribs, scallops and chicken carbonara, all of which were excellent, beautifully prepared and presented. Bonus: we didn't have to wait 30 min to cross the bridge to Cape May for a great meal!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experienceluv2dineDined on 7/27/2014The atmopshere, food, quality and service are outstanding in this gem of a restaurant. The menu is diverse but limited. The early bird special cannot be beat. BYOB. This is a must try. You will not be disappointed. They have parking behind Uncle Bill's Pancake House two blocks away. The location is just over the border from Wildwood Crest. The owners have a sister restuarant in Cape May, Union Park which is also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappearing ScallopsSummerLocalDined on 7/26/2014The reason for the two star rating was the food. I ordered the scallop dish for $30. It was prepared with a salsa and fingerling potatoes. I was disappointed to find FOUR small scallops (not the large local ones the waitress described to me) and mounds of potatoes. It was a late reservation so maybe they ran out of scallops and thought they could replace them with potatoes. Another person in our party ordered the same thing and she got FIVE scallops. I have been to this restaurant before and always had a great meal but it was always before or after the busiest weeks of the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a typical tourist restaurantlifeisgood21Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful little restaurant. Great food, great service. Not your typical shore touristy spot. They offer creative and basic selections. A little pricey for the portion size, but I still give it a strong recommendation. We have been there before and fully intend to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual fine dining at it's best.PhillyFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Completely head and shoulders above the "touristy" spots in the area like The Boathouse and Urie's that care more about turning 1000 tables a night and low food costs than serving the best meal possible. In the 30+ years I have been coming to North Wildwood this is hands down the finest restaurant I have found in the area. Everything is impeccably made fresh-to-order every time I have gone there. Meats and seafood cooked and seasoned perfectly, and service that rivals any in Philadelphia or NYC. Their BYOB is great, just bring it and the staff will keep it cold and serve it for you. It really helps to keep the tab low since the other spots in the area all charge $5-7 for a domestic beer and $8-10 for a cocktail that is 75% ice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindJoefurnitureDined on 7/11/2014We looked for a "better" place in Wildwood, and after a little research came upon Pacific... We took a shot and had a Great Meal. The service was outstanding and friendly..from start to finish. The menu isn't HUGE, but it's excellent in choice and quality. My wife loved the local wine choices. A wonderful quality place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellelent dinner and servicewwcregularsDined on 7/5/2014Food and wine offering were great. This was our second visit. Will definitely return again.Special Features:
- EricDined on 7/4/2014Second time at Pacific Grille and it was superb again. Had the whole baked fish and NY Strip specials. Excellent flavor, presentation, and service. It's a BYOB so we brought a bottle of Pinot Noir but they also offer local wines. Must try when in Wildwood.Special Features:
- Pacific Grill Never Disappointspook26VIPDined on 7/4/2014A gem of a restaurant down in Wildwood! I highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLIFEISGOODDined on 6/28/2014Very elegant, up close and personal place. The food was cooked perfectly, presentation was awesome, and service was superb. Very friendly and attentive staff. The prices matched the quality. Definately a place I would revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little class in Wildwood!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014I like trying new places when I in the area! The place is small, not cramped! The servers were attentive but not over bearing! It's byob but offer local wines, we each had a different dish (3 friends) and all enjoyed them! I would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Food was good, but not excellent. Very pricey for neighborhood. Food did not warrant price. Don't mind spending more money if food is excellent, but it was not. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is too gooddiamonddineDined on 6/21/2014Never would I think that a place like this would be at a shore resort. This is a must for anybody visiting the Wildwood, NJ area. I will make a special trip for this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant Week MenumarkhughwDined on 6/15/2014This $30 menu is interesting, inventive and different. Since we like seafood, this worked well for us. They start with the lobster gyoza for everyone. It is tasty, although the sauce drowns out the lobster - it might as well be vegetarian gyoza. Next we had one each of the gazpacho and the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were good quality, nice portion for a pre-fixe, and the dipping sauce was inventive, but the gazpacho was timid. We cut up the shrimp and put it with the dipping sauce into the gazpacho, which became excellent. Similarly, the pea risotto and salmon dishes were fine, but the two mixed together were much better. To finish, I enjoyed my chocolate pot du creme and she like her tropical tart, which we did not mix together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice and relaxedgobirdsVIPDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed dinner on a Saturday night about 830p. Easy parking, prompt service, and very good food. Typical continental options with a few specials. Had branzino and wife had scallops which were huge. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find in Wildwood!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014I found Pacific Grill online, looked at the menu and read a few reviews. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The gluten free menu had almost everything the regular menu had -only with a few simple variations. I had the shrimp cocktail with unique thai?? dipping sauce and one of the fish specials, Bronzino. My husband had the crabcake with mango salsa and pork tenderloin. I had the Pot De Creme for dessert and would go back just for that but everything was EXCEPTIONAL. It's a BYOB. We will be back!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseYumYumEatemUpDined on 6/14/2014I my time here on the island I've never ran into anyone who had eaten here. I was not sure what to expect. In truth the current management was not in place for most of that time. I'm sure glad they decided to branch out from Cape May. This has got to be the best restaurant in the Wildwoods. Sure we have plenty of solid Italian restaurants but for a truly gourmet meal I can't think of another that can beat them out. There might be some Beach Creek or Marie Nicole fans that might object but if they haven't eaten here they should hold off on their judgment. Heck the BYOB aspect alone puts them a step above these two. Have to get off to work so I'll leave it at this. Taste buds looking for some excitement? Pay a visit, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014The early bird special is a great deal the food was great. We had a family party there, and it was very nice for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gemMonicaDined on 6/9/2014Great find for our monthly girls night out- BYOB, but they have local wines for sale, so we tried the Pinot Grigio since we forgot to bring white wine. Started with the app special, shared the lamb meatballs and the crab cake- amazing! I had the fish of the day- grilled branzino- fresh and delicious, my sister had the lamb- she loved it so much so that she didn't want to share with me. Our server was friendly and not overbearing. The place had a decent crowd for a quiet Monday night. The chef(handsome young man)actually came out of the kitchen at some point to check on us. Desserts were amazing as well. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- modern eleganceMichelleEDined on 6/9/2014Pacific Grill in Wildwood is my favorite intimate and cozy place to dine! The food is excellent. I had the rack of Lamb, perfection!! I also recommend the pork flatbreads appetizer as well as the crab cake appetizer! Let's not forget the dessert! Pots du cremme (for the chocolate lover), The famous creme bru le, and the mango tart are worth a definite mention!! All made on premises!! This is a nice modern elegant place to dine. The back room is a nice place for a small dinner party! The staff is friendly and attentive! I will definitely return a few times this summer!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Was not impressed with their overpriced mediocre dishes that I could have cooked better myself.
- One of the Best in WildwoodLovestodineVIPDined on 5/29/2014This is one of our favorites out of only a handful of truly fine restaurants in Wildwood. It has atmosphere, service and unique flavors plus it's a byob. We are hooked! No wonder...it's older sister is a Cape May classic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.