Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
2526 South Coast Hwy
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
Cardiff By The Sea
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcoastgrill.com/
- Phone: 7604790721x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH everyday from 11:00AM to 4:00PM
DINNER Sunday through Thursday 4:30PM-9:30PM
DINNER Friday through Saturday 4:30PM-10:30PM
SUNDAY BRUNCH 10AM-4PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Israel "Izzy" Balderas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
A word from Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
Pacific Coast Grill's oceanfront venue features unique "Pacific Coast" cuisine, an oyster bar, select sushi rolls, black mussels, baked oysters, and a plethora of seafood choices, delicious steaks & more! There are two levels of dining at the new PCG with every dining seat in the house carefully planned to have an ocean view. There are bars on both levels and a heated outdoor patio and a deck with one of the best views of the Pacific Ocean and the line up at Cardiff Reef. You can watch surfers, kite surfers, dolphins, whales and spectacular sunsets from throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff - Best Restaurants in Cardiff By The Sea ›
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff reviews from OpenTable diners
345 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (310)great for outdoor dining (256)special occasion (189)romantic (168)fit for foodies (131)great for lunch (114)neighborhood gem (91)good for groups (80)great for brunch (74)hot spot (73)vibrant bar scene (59)notable wine list (56)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (15)Show More
- Outstanding (as usual)CrazyharryDined on 10/20/2014Great food and service and the setting is spectacular! A dynamite combination!Special Features:
- LovelyCMCardiffDined on 10/19/2014We chose to eat outside - see and hear the surf and watch the few walkers and gulls. Service was very good. Chili rubbed filet was outstanding, as was the beet and pear salad. Salmon dish with gnocchi was good, but a bit overcomplicated. Nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb In All WaysEllieFVIPDined on 10/16/2014The concierge at our hotel recommended this restaurant and we couldn't have been happier. Our meals were savory, fresh, and uniquely prepared and served. Inside it was too noisy for us so we sat on the patio under a heater with a beautiful view of the ocean. The salmon was outstanding and the "bag of bones" was absolutely delicious. We're still trying to figure out what spices and marinades were used to make everything so mouth watering. Our server, Katie, is a gem. We will definitely we back. Just make sure you have a reservation. It's a popular place!Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Could you please make the sunset last a little longer? haSpecial Features:
- Love this place!TishDined on 10/16/2014Went for lunch to celebrate a dear friend's birthday. Beautiful day, beautiful table with a great view of the ocean. Waiter recommended a new item, their Seafood Cobb salad. Enjoyed a nice Chardonay to go with it. It was so yummy. Special bread pudding dessert with a candle for my friend. Sat there for over two hours soaking it all in. No one bothered us. Great afternoon, great restaurant. Love it even more, every time I go!Special Features:
- Outstanding - Perfect SettingDelMartianVIPDined on 10/15/2014Dining on the outdoor patio right at the ocean is outstanding. The food is delicious with a great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put on your favorites listmitzijDined on 10/15/2014Excellent food, drinks, atmosphere. Stunning Pacific view from all areas of the restaurant ... outdoor or indoor. Friendly, quick service. Highly recommend as a favorite. A must to bring your visitors from out of town.Special Features:
- PERFECTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Made reservations for wife's 50th birthday well in advance. They were VERY accomodating and the hostess realized when we arrived that it was a special occasion. Food was fantastic. Drinks great. Service perfect. Sunset view amazing. Will be visiting again the next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite when in the areaStewiegirlDined on 10/13/2014Just spent two weeks in CA and managed to dine in PCG twice. The food is consistent, and the service always excellent. Our favorites are the crab and shrimp guacamole appetizer to share and the crusted mahi mahi entrée. The booths facing the water are great for watching the sunset!Special Features:
- What a wonderful night!SunshinePrincessDined on 10/12/2014I brought my mom and my aunt who were visiting from Massachusetts and Wisconsin (respectively) for dinner at Pacific Coast Grill. I must say, what a home run. Valet service was perfect, the sunset was to die for, the service was on point, and the food was amazing. The chowder and salads were amazing, dinner, the filet cut like butter. While the family was here we tried other restaurants but none compared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning as alwaysJamesMackayJMMVIPDined on 10/12/2014Fantastic food, service, wine and sunset as always. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Pacific Coast Grill; beachfront gemSuzanneDined on 10/10/2014I have been to PCG several times and have been totally happy with each visit. If you are looking for a basic burger or fish dish, this is not the place for you; the menu has a wide variety of interesting dishes that start with steak or chicken or fish, and go up a notch or three! With a rare San Diego restaurant view of the ocean and waves breaking on shore, you can't get a better location.Special Features:
- Perfect Sunset LocationBettyDined on 10/9/2014PCG is located right on the Pacific Ocean in Cardiff-by-the-Sea. (It was formerly located in Solana Beach and we used to go often.) Our table was upstairs, outside, right at the edge overlooking the beach and water. The staff was very friendly and helpful and our waitress, Seane, was wonderful! The food, as always, was great. It was a lovely evening and we are looking forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbAD17Dined on 10/8/2014a wonderful dining experience. The last time I was here was over 5 years ago and it was just how I remembered it. fantastic service. food is out of this world. an amazing water view...perfect restaurant to take the lady!Special Features:
- Great view with better foodbee4brittanyDined on 10/7/2014A great place for a special occasion. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerSherriestherDined on 10/6/2014Went here with several other women for a night out. Had a wonderful time! The food and drinks were delicious and the view was fantastic. Great service! We loved our server, Blake. He made our evening!Special Features:
- PAula and JimJustgrqndDined on 10/3/2014We came for lunch on Friday and had a great time ; food was great I had the fish taco. Yummy. Husband had the sliders and loved them !Special Features:
- Food & service outstanding!RedgirlDined on 10/2/2014I had specifically requested upstairs dining, as I was led to believe it would be more quiet & intimate for a special occasion. That was not the case. Upstairs was every bit as loud & noisy as downstairs-both have very open bars. By the time we left at approximately 7:30, it was so loud that we could hardly hear one another (or the waiter) across the table. We were there on a Thursday evening-I can't imagine what it would be like on a weekend. I would not recommend it for a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cardiff Gem...LuvcucinasDined on 9/29/2014When the ocean is gorgeous...we automatically think of Pacific Coast Grill. Great food...fresh and fabulous Sushi, as well as, salads, fish cooked to perfection. A go to place for us in North County.Special Features:
- Loved Every MinuteJackieDined on 9/28/2014One of the best dining experiences ever! Service was exceptional. Food was heavenly good. Beach and sunset view spectacular. Just love this beach front restaurant. And dancing across the street afterwards on a Sunday evening made the evening a most memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceCardinalfanDined on 9/28/2014Romantic and quiet for early brunch. Recommend that for sure. Other times the restaurant can get loud. Great service. Good food. Amazing views of the ocean and surfers. Great spot. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but good.RoyceDined on 9/27/2014Pricey, but good. Great server, nice view. Appreciate the gluten free menu.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantMikeDined on 9/26/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at this restaurant yesterday. We sat upstairs overlooking the ocean during sunset. It was amazing. The food was good, and the service was excellent. Our waitress was extremely engaging, and helped make the night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewLocalDined on 9/26/2014The food equals the view...wonderful! A happy place to enjoy the company of one or many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful viewRun2eatDined on 9/25/2014beautiful view... delicious food... great wine list... valet is $4 but they do accept credit cardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurantsPacman4850Dined on 9/25/2014One of the best restaurants in north county. Amazing food, scenery and dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewhikerDined on 9/23/2014We brought relatives from Montreal to PCG. They loved being right on the beach and seeing the waves breaking right in front of them. Everyone like d their seafood meal. Service was quick and attentive. The kitchen missed a substitute item we had requested and the server offered to replace it but we declined. Downstairs is hard surfaces and the ambient noise can be a little high. But it is still possible to have a regular conversation over dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday celebration!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Could of been any better, hostess was very nice and waitress too!!! Would go back!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Outstanding, we use your restaurant for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience this timeCatladyDined on 9/21/2014We have been to PCG many times and had great experiences. So I was surprised that things were so bad this time. We couldn't get our server to bring drinks or bread. My husband's order was wrong. Rather than just letting him have what was made, they insisted on making what he ordered, which took 25 min. The rest of our food was totally cold by then, and we all empty glasses. It went on like this. Nightmare.
- We Had To Return After This MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2014The seafood and the surfing beach ambiance are terrific. We dined upstairs and outside under the awning for Sunday Brunch. Returned for Monday lunch. Beautiful scenery and elegant seafood. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend restaurant to friends.BarbDined on 9/21/2014Great ambience, food, and service. I brought my friend to celebrate birthday; we got the Royal treatment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!ChristieVIPDined on 9/20/2014The hostess was incredibly helpful and friendly…very crowded but worth it…great food and unbeatable view!Special Features:
- Poor service.MaddieDined on 9/20/2014Server was not good! Up until now we have always had great service at PCG. The entres and appetizers were all brought out at the same time for three of us. The fourth person in our party was not served an appetizer or meal until we complained. As a result of the timing, most of our meals got cold while the appetizers were being eaten. Also the table was quite crowded with all of the plates. We told the server about this and she just laughed!Special Features:
- GriffDined on 9/18/2014Second visit in a month. The food was great & the sunset cooperated both times. After going on my wife's birthday we went back with a friend from Colorado, who enjoys coastal views & good food.Special Features:
- My fav in North CountyLeonediromaVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is my favorite lunch place in North County. You're sitting right on the rocks, watching the waves, surfers and doggies frolicking on the sand. Very friendly service and people, a little more upscale than most of the more casual North County places, but still down home. Every time except twice I have had the sea bass, served on a bed of mashed with lots of sauteed spinach. That's my go-to dish. But just about everything on the menu is great. They took the filet and lobster enchiladas off the menu, too bad. Oh well. But there are still lots of good dishes, including sushi for them what wants it (not me), and the BEST DESSERT THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN is the white chocolate bread pudding. Gotta try it.Special Features:
- Location is EverythingCanuckDCDined on 9/16/2014I brought 3 friends visiting from the east coast here for dinner recently. We were late arriving to our 7pm reservation (I called ahead to let the hostess know). When we arrived 30 mins late, we had to wait another hour before we were seated. We were waiting for an outdoor table which led to the extended wait but it would have been good to know that it would take that long. We were led to believe that it would be 15-20 mins. Once we sat down and ordered drinks and apps, the server then told us the kitchen would be closing soon so we needed to get our entree order in. I certainly felt rushed and it was not what I had come to expect from PCG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood and sushiDelMartianVIPDined on 9/14/2014View is hard to beat outdoors on the patio. Sushi roll special was excellent as was the shrimp dumplings. Wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Perfect Romantic Dinner AwaitsBeachDinnerDined on 9/14/2014Absolutely fantastic romantic restaurant. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, or romantic dinner with an absolutely beautiful view of the ocean and beach, Pacific Coast Grill is your place. The restaurant is literally on the beach; it is literally goes: restaurant, some rocks and then beach. If you book your dinner around 5:30-6PM, by the time you have your meal the sun is just setting. The entire west side of the restaurant is glass so impossible not to see the ocean and beach. The food was beyond excellent and I don't say that often. Please try the bread pudding, delicious. Our server, Adam, was so awesome. He took notice of our anniversary/birthday and he got us the desert on the house. Make this place a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Special PlaceSandyogaDined on 9/14/2014We had great service, a fabulous dinner and of course an amazing view. One of my favorite places on Hwy 101. Cheyenne GieseckeSpecial Features: