Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
2526 South Coast Hwy
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
Cardiff By The Sea
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcoastgrill.com/
- Phone: 7604790721x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH everyday from 11:00AM to 4:00PM
DINNER Sunday through Thursday 4:30PM-9:30PM
DINNER Friday through Saturday 4:30PM-10:30PM
SUNDAY BRUNCH 10AM-4PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Israel "Izzy" Balderas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
A word from Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
Pacific Coast Grill's oceanfront venue features unique "Pacific Coast" cuisine, an oyster bar, select sushi rolls, black mussels, baked oysters, and a plethora of seafood choices, delicious steaks & more! There are two levels of dining at the new PCG with every dining seat in the house carefully planned to have an ocean view. There are bars on both levels and a heated outdoor patio and a deck with one of the best views of the Pacific Ocean and the line up at Cardiff Reef. You can watch surfers, kite surfers, dolphins, whales and spectacular sunsets from throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff - Best Restaurants in Cardiff By The Sea ›
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff reviews from OpenTable diners
347 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (315)great for outdoor dining (253)special occasion (184)romantic (156)great for lunch (124)fit for foodies (112)great for brunch (81)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (65)hot spot (63)vibrant bar scene (50)notable wine list (45)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (15)Show More
- Great place!ChristieVIPDined on 9/20/2014The hostess was incredibly helpful and friendly…very crowded but worth it…great food and unbeatable view!Special Features:
- Poor service.MaddieDined on 9/20/2014Server was not good! Up until now we have always had great service at PCG. The entres and appetizers were all brought out at the same time for three of us. The fourth person in our party was not served an appetizer or meal until we complained. As a result of the timing, most of our meals got cold while the appetizers were being eaten. Also the table was quite crowded with all of the plates. We told the server about this and she just laughed!Special Features:
- My fav in North CountyLeonediromaVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is my favorite lunch place in North County. You're sitting right on the rocks, watching the waves, surfers and doggies frolicking on the sand. Very friendly service and people, a little more upscale than most of the more casual North County places, but still down home. Every time except twice I have had the sea bass, served on a bed of mashed with lots of sauteed spinach. That's my go-to dish. But just about everything on the menu is great. They took the filet and lobster enchiladas off the menu, too bad. Oh well. But there are still lots of good dishes, including sushi for them what wants it (not me), and the BEST DESSERT THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN is the white chocolate bread pudding. Gotta try it.Special Features:
- Location is EverythingCanuckDCDined on 9/16/2014I brought 3 friends visiting from the east coast here for dinner recently. We were late arriving to our 7pm reservation (I called ahead to let the hostess know). When we arrived 30 mins late, we had to wait another hour before we were seated. We were waiting for an outdoor table which led to the extended wait but it would have been good to know that it would take that long. We were led to believe that it would be 15-20 mins. Once we sat down and ordered drinks and apps, the server then told us the kitchen would be closing soon so we needed to get our entree order in. I certainly felt rushed and it was not what I had come to expect from PCG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood and sushiDelMartianDined on 9/14/2014View is hard to beat outdoors on the patio. Sushi roll special was excellent as was the shrimp dumplings. Wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Special Special PlaceSandyogaDined on 9/14/2014We had great service, a fabulous dinner and of course an amazing view. One of my favorite places on Hwy 101. Cheyenne GieseckeSpecial Features:
- Great experience and amazing viewBeauminDined on 9/14/2014I loved the food and amazing view! Our server was also great! But we they did seat a family with two annoying kids right next to us when there were many open tables. They can't control the kids but it affected our visit as they were standing on the ledge right by our outdoor table.Special Features:
- noorDined on 9/13/2014It was great dining experience right by the beach.. very beautiful view.. staff is really friendly and humble..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnercardiffkookDined on 9/13/2014Made reservations on line and mentioned it was our anniversary. Restaurant failed to acknowledge. Stick with the seafood dishes, I ordered the Hawaiian Ribs ($29.00), they were extremely over cooked. Very disappointing. Over all, restaurant is very pricey. If ocean view is what your looking for and you don't mind a $150.00 per couple meal, this is your place. Personally, this was our first and last visit....Special Features:
- Closed EarlyLooking4aviewDined on 9/8/2014Closed at 9pm. Food is ok, some things are great and some things are just average. Hit or miss based on what you order.Special Features:
- Great as UsualMaryVIPDined on 9/7/2014Brunch is always a treat at PCG. Great view and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/7/2014Right next to the beach - great view of the ocean.Special Features:
- Great location and servicegouclaDined on 9/6/2014The view of the ocean is incredible, the service first-rate, and the food very good. The menu is pricey but their is value in the expense. We arrived at the time of our reservation and were seated right away. The ambiance was amazing and the service was excellent. The Sea Bass was especially delightful while the Mahi Mahi was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestBudWDined on 9/5/2014Tried it last week; it was so good we went back to verify. All their fish is top quality and cooked to perfection, not overdone like so many other restaurants, Among the four of us we tried a number of the dishes. Though some were better than others all were good and most were outstanding. It will be a regular stop for us in the future!Special Features:
- Best sunset in San DiegotomwVIPDined on 9/5/2014AND the food is great, typical seafood entrees but very well doneSpecial Features:
- Off the menuCandeeDined on 9/4/2014On previous visits I really liked the Kiwi-Lemon Martini but since it has been taken off the menu. Our waiter did not offer to ask the bartender if he could make it for me. He said they don't have any kiwi's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014The reservation was just like I requested, outside on the patio next to the window, fabulous view. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean front diningAnonymousVIPDined on 9/1/2014This is a lovely restaurant. Chic & ocean front. It is on the beach without the excessive 'beachy' culture that often accompanies close association with surf & sand. We had great service & tasty food in a relaxed yet responsive setting. Thank you for such a nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGBrianDined on 9/1/2014It is a beautiful place with great views of the beach and sunset. Everything on the menu is great but this time we had the lobster tacos, sushi, cowboy steak, and my son had the grilled cheese with bacon. I cannot wait to get back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!lislisDined on 8/31/2014Came here for our anniversary dinner, on a friend's recommendation. It was an exceptional night... Great food, great drinks, incredible sunset view. Be sure to make a reservation for the patio at sunset, well worth the wait!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was wonderfulJoaneVIPDined on 8/31/2014Took some of our good friends for a wonderful dinner, We were able to sit outside upstairs , we were able to see the beautiful sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSherriestherDined on 8/31/2014Our server was so friendly! She made our anniversary special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior service-great food!WannaeatoutDined on 8/31/2014From the hostess, to the service in the bar as we waited for our reservation time, to the service from the waitstaff at our table the experience was exceptional! This is a very busy location, especially around sunset for the unobstructed views of the the ocean, but we never felt rushed or ignored. Everyone in the party enjoyed their menu selections and the chocolate custard dessert was delicious. Thank you Pacific Coast Grill! We will bring all our our out of town guests here!Special Features:
- Will not be returningfreddy0027Dined on 8/31/2014Poor service & food below average. Possible bad waiter but for what I paid for dinner was a very disappointing experience. View was great.Special Features:
- Always a gem by the seaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoy sharing such a great restaurant with our out of town guests and each time we have a fabulous experience. This particular evening we had two children with us and the server Tom and his assistants were fabulous. Like the staff who greets you when we check in also.Special Features:
- good seafoodstreakmeDined on 8/29/2014I had the Pacific Paella and it was awesome. No one at the table complained about anything. We all had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Always enjoy the food and the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014However, it's really hard to sit outside on the deck when the sun is blazing in your eyes. SUGGESTION: Seems like there could be an electric roll-down screen that would keep the sun diffused in the late afternoon until it goes down. I have one on my patio and it works great and you can still see the view.Special Features:
- veiw and good foodnoretteDined on 8/28/2014view cant be beat. good variety on the menu. Best filet in years. Very noisy, fun crowd. more casual than I was expecting. Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular view -exciting menuLorettDined on 8/28/2014Great service and creative menu. Views of ocean from most all tables. Loved my calamari ceasar salad. We also feasted on the lobster tacos that you put together yourself. Relaxing and blissful. Had a reservation and was seated right away. No pressure service. Will be back!Special Features:
- Great Lunch but too loudOldLady13Dined on 8/27/2014This is a great restaurant to get a very tasty bite but if it gets busy like it's bound to get, there isn't enough soundproofing within the room so it gets really loud and makes it really hard to have a conversation with people right next to you. Other than that, the view is great, the food is great, and it should really be visited at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to watch ocean wavesGregDined on 8/27/2014We sat on the outside patio to view this week's epic swell. Nice patio, beautiful view, really cold Stella on tap and the ahi sliders and the short rib sliders along with the truffle fries were really good.Special Features:
- Really good foodBubba751Dined on 8/26/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed the food tremendously. Pricey, but spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday BlissLaventuresDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday here this week. Great environment, we weren't rushed and the food was terrific. They provided a very rich dessert for her birthday, she felt special, as she should. All in all, great experience. Nice waitress, extremely attentive and the food was of high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time on the beachSharptonAJ3Dined on 8/24/2014Was visiting San Diego for about 3 weeks with work...ha d been to PCG previously and thought to go have a go again as had been so good - it still is. Think I went back to PCG. Four or five times, even staying at a great resort with terrific signature restaurants - this was just a great atmosphere away fro a resort and right on the beach. The food and service was spot on as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014I was in town with my wife for a wedding and being from the midwest I was dying for an excuse to be by the water. They had a perfect spot reserved outside with an ocean view. I get that's not always possible but they were able to accommodate us which was great. Great service; attentive but not over the top. More of a casual meets fine dining tone. If ever I'm near there again I'd go in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- DisappointingmilanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went here to celebrate our anniversary weekend based on the reviews I read online. Very disappointing experience. Extremely loud inside. Food was tolerable. Service ok.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & great water viewMikeylikesitVIPDined on 8/23/2014This place is amazing. A very good menu with lots of interesting selections and a simply fantastic beach and water view. We went there for the sunset and were not disappointed. Even though it was very crowded, the service was excellent and very attentive. We all went the seafood route and the mussels, ahi tuna, crab cakes, seafood pasta were all to die for. Very good wine list and the bread pudding for dessert was also excellent. Highly recommend, just a little hard to find. Get directions because rental car GPS, google maps, etc were all WAY off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right on the beach!MarlayneVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went here after a day at the Del Mar Races and ate outside right on the beach. You couldn't beat the view! Food was good and service was friendly and excellent. I had the lobster tacos - very yummy!Special Features:
- PCGKnobul8rDined on 8/23/2014All I can say about our dinning experience was that it was flawless, & everything was perfect (JP) our waiter was on top of everything! ! Thx JPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahi-mahi or Seabass?WampnerDined on 8/23/2014Critics always worn, never order the special of the day. In our experience it was Seabass and crab. Crab was likely frozen or possibly canned and a bit salty. Despite the restaurant's insistence otherwise we were all convinced that the Seabass was really mahi-mahi. It was reasonably well presented and the taste was fairly good. Problem is, Mahi-mahi is not worth $38+ per plate. We probably won't return.Special Features: