Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
2526 South Coast Hwy
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
Cardiff By The Sea
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcoastgrill.com/
- Phone: 7604790721x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH everyday from 11:00AM to 4:00PM
DINNER Sunday through Thursday 4:30PM-9:30PM
DINNER Friday through Saturday 4:30PM-10:30PM
SUNDAY BRUNCH 10AM-4PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Israel "Izzy" Balderas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
A word from Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
Pacific Coast Grill's oceanfront venue features unique "Pacific Coast" cuisine, an oyster bar, select sushi rolls, black mussels, baked oysters, and a plethora of seafood choices, delicious steaks & more! There are two levels of dining at the new PCG with every dining seat in the house carefully planned to have an ocean view. There are bars on both levels and a heated outdoor patio and a deck with one of the best views of the Pacific Ocean and the line up at Cardiff Reef. You can watch surfers, kite surfers, dolphins, whales and spectacular sunsets from throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff - Best Restaurants in Cardiff By The Sea ›
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff reviews from OpenTable diners
333 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (301)great for outdoor dining (245)special occasion (189)romantic (151)great for lunch (129)fit for foodies (105)great for brunch (87)neighborhood gem (84)good for groups (60)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (44)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (14)Show More
- Great serviceSherriestherDined on 8/31/2014Our server was so friendly! She made our anniversary special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior service-great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014From the hostess, to the service in the bar as we waited for our reservation time, to the service from the waitstaff at our table the experience was exceptional! This is a very busy location, especially around sunset for the unobstructed views of the the ocean, but we never felt rushed or ignored. Everyone in the party enjoyed their menu selections and the chocolate custard dessert was delicious. Thank you Pacific Coast Grill! We will bring all our our out of town guests here!Special Features:
- Always enjoy the food and the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014However, it's really hard to sit outside on the deck when the sun is blazing in your eyes. SUGGESTION: Seems like there could be an electric roll-down screen that would keep the sun diffused in the late afternoon until it goes down. I have one on my patio and it works great and you can still see the view.Special Features:
- veiw and good foodnoretteDined on 8/28/2014view cant be beat. good variety on the menu. Best filet in years. Very noisy, fun crowd. more casual than I was expecting. Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular view -exciting menuLorettDined on 8/28/2014Great service and creative menu. Views of ocean from most all tables. Loved my calamari ceasar salad. We also feasted on the lobster tacos that you put together yourself. Relaxing and blissful. Had a reservation and was seated right away. No pressure service. Will be back!Special Features:
- Great Lunch but too loudOldLady13Dined on 8/27/2014This is a great restaurant to get a very tasty bite but if it gets busy like it's bound to get, there isn't enough soundproofing within the room so it gets really loud and makes it really hard to have a conversation with people right next to you. Other than that, the view is great, the food is great, and it should really be visited at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to watch ocean wavesGregDined on 8/27/2014We sat on the outside patio to view this week's epic swell. Nice patio, beautiful view, really cold Stella on tap and the ahi sliders and the short rib sliders along with the truffle fries were really good.Special Features:
- Really good foodBubba751Dined on 8/26/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed the food tremendously. Pricey, but spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday BlissLaventuresDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday here this week. Great environment, we weren't rushed and the food was terrific. They provided a very rich dessert for her birthday, she felt special, as she should. All in all, great experience. Nice waitress, extremely attentive and the food was of high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time on the beachSharptonAJ3Dined on 8/24/2014Was visiting San Diego for about 3 weeks with work...ha d been to PCG previously and thought to go have a go again as had been so good - it still is. Think I went back to PCG. Four or five times, even staying at a great resort with terrific signature restaurants - this was just a great atmosphere away fro a resort and right on the beach. The food and service was spot on as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014I was in town with my wife for a wedding and being from the midwest I was dying for an excuse to be by the water. They had a perfect spot reserved outside with an ocean view. I get that's not always possible but they were able to accommodate us which was great. Great service; attentive but not over the top. More of a casual meets fine dining tone. If ever I'm near there again I'd go in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- DisappointingmilanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went here to celebrate our anniversary weekend based on the reviews I read online. Very disappointing experience. Extremely loud inside. Food was tolerable. Service ok.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & great water viewMikeylikesitVIPDined on 8/23/2014This place is amazing. A very good menu with lots of interesting selections and a simply fantastic beach and water view. We went there for the sunset and were not disappointed. Even though it was very crowded, the service was excellent and very attentive. We all went the seafood route and the mussels, ahi tuna, crab cakes, seafood pasta were all to die for. Very good wine list and the bread pudding for dessert was also excellent. Highly recommend, just a little hard to find. Get directions because rental car GPS, google maps, etc were all WAY off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PCGKnobul8rDined on 8/23/2014All I can say about our dinning experience was that it was flawless, & everything was perfect (JP) our waiter was on top of everything! ! Thx JPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahi-mahi or Seabass?WampnerDined on 8/23/2014Critics always worn, never order the special of the day. In our experience it was Seabass and crab. Crab was likely frozen or possibly canned and a bit salty. Despite the restaurant's insistence otherwise we were all convinced that the Seabass was really mahi-mahi. It was reasonably well presented and the taste was fairly good. Problem is, Mahi-mahi is not worth $38+ per plate. We probably won't return.Special Features:
- fresh seafood; spectacular view!PmsayreVIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed a lovely late lunch for 4 in the dining room. Food ans srvice were excellent..and the view can't be beatSpecial Features:
- Lobster just rightJohnDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I had lobster and it was cooked perfectly. On of our guests ordered the surf and turf and the small filet was a bit overcooked but still very tasty with the chile rub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously BeautifulLadyevDined on 8/21/2014We all know that you can usually expect to choose between a great view OR great food. What a pleasure to find both. We could not have chosen a better table with a front row sunset view. Mahi Mahi for me and ribs for my husband. We ate our dessert slowly so that we could catch the final sunset dipping into the Pacific. Service was just right. This was our first visit and we can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just average!Delmarbubbe38Dined on 8/20/2014The service was xlnt..our table ready upon arrival and on the patio as requested. The food was average, but pricey. The noise level is high and made talking difficult. Pretty ambiance and comfortable except for the noise. Jakes is a better option for ocean dining.Special Features:
- Great for lunch any day!!!dineout5outof7Dined on 8/20/2014The view is fantastic! The service was attentive! The food was beautifully presented and tasted even better!! It was my friend's birthday and they brought a great dessert with lighted candle for her. We loved everything about it & highly recommend coming here for a special occasion or just for a great lunch with a friend or two or three or more!! You will love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThemNavyBoyzGroverDined on 8/19/2014Better than chili macaroni, served with a shovel. Order the Pig Stickers. The "Mama San Moussaka" is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Very nice view next to the ocean. very good wine. fantastic pella with complète sea food.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 8/18/2014The server, food and view were all outstanding! Exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeadultererVIPDined on 8/17/2014Best place in No County SD. View, flavor, happening crowd, great service. All you could want!Special Features:
- View to Dine for!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014You just can't find a more perfect spot to enjoy a wonderful meal and be so close to the sand and the waves! We love eating outdoors and watching the sun set on the horizon.Special Features:
- AHIDMJerryDined on 8/16/2014Get the AHI.. that is all I have to say.. INSANE! Just about everything here is to die for but I never have tried the Ahi, because usually Ahi is Ahi at most "nice" places.... BUT... this place take the prize for best Ahi in SoCal.. Just perfect preparation and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible spotRONSVIPDined on 8/15/2014Right on the beach. Outside seating by far the best way to go. Good cocktails, appetizers, main courses all very good.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014We had the seafood pasta and the ahi sliders. Both delicious!!! The view, of course is awesome and the service was wonderful. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJamesMackayJMMVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent restaurant with superb food and amazing view. Service could have been better but overall was excellent meal.Special Features:
- Always a treat...LindylouDined on 8/14/2014Thank you, once again, for creating an enjoyable dining experience. Cornmeal calamari was exceptionally yummy. So glad you've added prosecco to the wine selection. Lobster tail was done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating arrangement disappointmentFoodieDined on 8/14/2014We reserved a table on opentable.com a week prior to our reservation date and requested patio seating for a Thursday at 12pm. Upon our arrival we were escorted to a table inside the restaurant. I mentioned to the hostess that I had reserved a table on the patio, her response was that patio seating was not guaranteed. Despite my best efforts to convince her that guests who had made reservations should be given first preference over walk-in guests, she kept repeating "patio seating is not guaranteed".My friend and I had driven 30 minutes to PCG. In the future I will not recommend this restaurant to those who wish to have an alfresco beachfront dining experience. Very disappointing! Very unprofessional! The food was good but not excellent.Special Features:
- PCGjmwkdwDined on 8/14/2014We had a delicious seafood salad on the patio surrounded by the sun and surf. Our waiter, Josh, was attentive, respectful, friendly and efficient. It was my dear friend's birthday and it was a perfect celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeDispleasedVIPDined on 8/14/2014Perfect beach day. Good food great service. Had not been in a while and can't think why not. Was an excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting on the beachDatewiththewifeDined on 8/13/2014We read the reviews on Open Table and were delighted with the restaurant location. Right on the beach. Dine early and you get on of the window seats. Enjoyed the Ahi Tuna dinner and my wife liked the lobster tacos. Sitting next to large glass windows and seeing the beach was spectacular. Service was friendly and attentive. Steve said the lobster tacos were one of their signature dishes while my tuna was the special of the night. The tables were far enough apart so conservation a were kept private. The butter with the butter was mixed with rosemary and very flavorful. I felt the dinner was appropriately priced for ambiance and good service. I will definitely be back when I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieVIPDined on 8/13/2014I love this place. It is so wonderful to sit outside in the outdoor patio by the ocean and watch the surfers. The food is great here and I always have a fantastic lunch here. ASpecial Features:
- excellent service, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Great place and find...nice valet parking, great food and service, and perfect for sunset viewingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View & food lovely, lacks serviceSDSun6Dined on 8/12/2014My daughter and niece loved the view and the appetizers we ordered, especially the shrimp dumplings were delicious. However, the lack of service was a little insulting considering the bill. We asked for a bottle of sparkling water, but no one came back for our drink order. An adorable pot of tea was served, the wrong kind and without hot water. Plus, the milk/cream never came. We hadn't finished tea (without milk) or dessert and the bill was hurriedly placed on our table. This seemed thoughtless & ungracious. I am sorry to say, I am not sure I would return.Special Features:
- PinesDined on 8/12/2014This has become our favorite place for lunch! We live in Rancho Bernardo and have adopted this as our best coastal restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014I have eaten at Pacific Coast Grill twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the food was great! The waitress was able to do a slight variation to one of the menu items, which I really appreciated!Special Features:
- NOISY BARRandySDined on 8/8/2014We have been at Pacific Coast many times and have enjoyed it. It is one of our favorite restaurants. This time they sat us in the front area, in front of the Bar for lunch. It was so loud that we could not hear each other talk. Would not want to sit in the Bar area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.