Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
2526 South Coast Hwy
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
Cardiff By The Sea
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcoastgrill.com/
- Phone: (760) 479-0721
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH everyday from 11:00AM to 4:00PM
DINNER Sunday through Thursday 4:30PM-9:30PM
DINNER Friday through Saturday 4:30PM-10:30PM
SUNDAY BRUNCH 10AM-4PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Israel "Izzy" Balderas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
A word from Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff
Pacific Coast Grill's oceanfront venue features unique "Pacific Coast" cuisine, an oyster bar, select sushi rolls, black mussels, baked oysters, and a plethora of seafood choices, delicious steaks & more! There are two levels of dining at the new PCG with every dining seat in the house carefully planned to have an ocean view. There are bars on both levels and a heated outdoor patio and a deck with one of the best views of the Pacific Ocean and the line up at Cardiff Reef. You can watch surfers, kite surfers, dolphins, whales and spectacular sunsets from throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff - Best Restaurants in Cardiff By The Sea ›
Pacific Coast Grill - Cardiff reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (251)great for outdoor dining (200)special occasion (155)romantic (136)fit for foodies (113)great for lunch (91)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (73)hot spot (60)great for brunch (49)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (44)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (12)Show More
- We will return again sergio and megan were great.8518VIPDined on 11/19/2014We will return. Sergio and Megan did a great job.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PCG .......catitaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Outside table for four women...heaters were great. Service friendly, but average. $13.25 for a Belevedere (rocks) seems pricey, but I guess PCG puts themselves in that category now. Asked for water and it was forgotten the first request. Had to ask again. Portions were generous on appetizers and entrees.....glad we did some sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Gave Them Two ChancesjimofseattleVIPDined on 11/11/2014The mahi-mahi I ordered came shockingly fast. It was a generous serving, but cold as though it had been sitting around for a while. Management apologized and replaced the dish with "pan-seared sea bass." The fish was served atop a big pile of mashed potatoes and the consistency of the fish was about the same as the consistency of the mashed potatoes. I couldn't see the fish because it was hidden under a topping, but I tasted no pan searing. I would have returned the bass for searing, but didn't because I had already given the restaurant two opportunities to provide me with a properly prepared dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Friendly, unpretentious service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newly remodeled Pacific Coast GrillDonJoseinRanchoSantaFeDined on 11/10/2014We had a delightful birthday dinner for a party of 8 at the Pacific Coast Grill last night. After a mix-up on table location, the manager, Joel, was kind enough to rearrange some tables and chairs on the outside patio right on the beach wall giving us a magnificent view. Two patio heaters and some PCG blankets made it comfortable for all. Our server, Lori, did a great job and made sure that the cocktails and wine kept flowing until our meals were served. Most of our party had the special, mahi-mahi, and it was outstanding! I had a delicious beet and pear salad followed by the pacific mussels as my entre. Thanks again to Joel and to Lori for making this birthday such a special event.Special Features:
- Pacific Coast GrillSanDiegoArtDined on 11/9/2014My wife's cousin, his daughter and her husband drove down from Holliday. We made reservations but this was Sunday early afternoon on a fabulous day. They offered us a booth with a great view of the ocean. Service was outstanding and the food was perfect. We could have had a table outside. We all would recommend Pacific Coast Grill to anyone. BTW, it started to get quiet and we had not met Brad's kids. We were able to stay and talk. Everyone was so nice to us. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in San DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014One of the best, if not the best restaurants in SD! There aren't too many restaurants (surprisingly) that are on the sand in San Diego, not only if the setting perfect, both the lunch and dinner menus are phenomenal, and our recent visit was with my parents and we all raved over our dinner! Our server Bryce was top notch and the dessert (take from a banana split was soooo good)! We had sushi, calamari, crab crusted mahi mahi, pallea (sp), and filet mignon...which was all so good. Definitely will be regulars!Special Features:
- Pretty goodJofarDined on 11/7/2014Great location. Friendly hostess and servers. Upper deck was dark. Couldn't see our food, which was very good. Could use a little more lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014great seat by the water for our anniversary. Food was outstanding and service was warm and friendly. See you next year for year 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinning experienceSeasideluvDined on 11/4/2014I've lived in this area for over twenty years. Having Pacific Coast Grill close by is a real plus. It's has proved to be my favorite place to eat and to share the experience with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, wonderfulLuvcucinasDined on 10/31/2014Janet made a great Birthday celebration for the two of us. She is engaging but not too in your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beadladyDined on 10/30/2014The seafood chowder was some of the best I have ever had! The sunset and ocean views were spectacular. It was slightly overcast, but sitting outside was great. The heat lamps were welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green12Dined on 10/30/2014I sat outside for lunch and enjoyed the beautiful ocean view and sunshine. The lobster tacos and sushi rolls never disappoint. Service was very good and I was not rushed. In fact, the friend I was meeting ran late and our lunch discussion ran long, yet we were never felt we had to hurry to order or to leave.Special Features:
- Great View/Average FoodtorreysportDined on 10/29/2014My wife had seafood pasta, and I ordered seabass. OK, but nothing to brag about. Same quality available at Fish Market for half the price. We have been there previously for drinks and light snack at sunset. Good venue for that
- First visitLuvlobsterVIPDined on 10/28/2014We dine out often but this was our first time at PCG. Our food was delicious and the view wonderful! It was a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing Experience!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 10/28/2014I booked a table at 5:30 and asked for seat by the window. We arrived at 5:00 and were given the middle table in an empty room with three window tables. One table looked at the serving tables, the middle table we were given had one person sitting looking at the wall, and the third table had the perfect view combination. We asked for that table and were told it had been reserved for a party of 5. We stayed at our table until 7 and then spent half an hour at the bar. During this entire time, the table we wanted remained empty. It was annoying and disappointing, since we were there for the view.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had an awesome dinner with a sunset view. The upper-level patio is awesome for a warm sunset night.Special Features:
- All Around EnjoyablenijodeDined on 10/26/2014They took reservations, had valet parking, were on the sand, had both indoor and outdoor tables, had great drinks, an interesting menu, was not noisy, perfect for adult conversations, great view, reasonable prices, very good service, very relaxed and the food was great. Very few restaurants would get a review like this from me, California is full of places that build at the beach and forget the service and the food, here I found both to be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulJanielVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been going to PCG since it was in the old location with no view. Now, there's this incredible view, ocean feel, and contemporary vibe! We always order multiple appetizers (bag of bonz, some sushi rolls, and truffle fries) at the start. Last Saturday we had a large party and everyone loved the food (Sesame Seared Ahi, seafood carbonara, Seafood Paella...). We had out of towners and I reserved an outdoor table (WAY in advance to get one!). The ocean is lit perfectly so you can see it in the dark. ONE problem at PCG is if you are sitting at the inside table by the outside door you get blasted with cold wind. They shut the door but there's so much foot traffic it winds up open again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the experienceSoCalDinerDined on 10/22/2014Dined with friends visiting from out of state who really appreciated the beach view and ambiance. Calamari appetizer was typical, but the Bag O' Bonz was delectable and a big hit. Wide selection of wines, and not the same labels you see everywhere else. We chose a mid-upper priced Pinot Noir that everyone found delicious, and tasted like a wine you'd expect to pay a lot more for. Entrees had very good combinations of flavors, and the seafood tasted fresh. The Dark Chocolate Custard and Creme Brulee desserts were both delicious and large enough for sharing. All of our special requests were met, and our waitress was pleasant and did a great job of pacing our meal which made it a relaxing "hanging out with friends over good food" experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding (as usual)CrazyharryDined on 10/20/2014Great food and service and the setting is spectacular! A dynamite combination!Special Features:
- BROOKLYNDined on 10/20/2014THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD, SERVICE WAS GOOD, VERY NOISY, BUT GOOD. A GREAT PLACE FOR LUNCH, GREAT OCEAN VIEW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyCMCardiffDined on 10/19/2014We chose to eat outside - see and hear the surf and watch the few walkers and gulls. Service was very good. Chili rubbed filet was outstanding, as was the beet and pear salad. Salmon dish with gnocchi was good, but a bit overcomplicated. Nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb In All WaysEllieFVIPDined on 10/16/2014The concierge at our hotel recommended this restaurant and we couldn't have been happier. Our meals were savory, fresh, and uniquely prepared and served. Inside it was too noisy for us so we sat on the patio under a heater with a beautiful view of the ocean. The salmon was outstanding and the "bag of bones" was absolutely delicious. We're still trying to figure out what spices and marinades were used to make everything so mouth watering. Our server, Katie, is a gem. We will definitely we back. Just make sure you have a reservation. It's a popular place!Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Could you please make the sunset last a little longer? haSpecial Features:
- Love this place!TishDined on 10/16/2014Went for lunch to celebrate a dear friend's birthday. Beautiful day, beautiful table with a great view of the ocean. Waiter recommended a new item, their Seafood Cobb salad. Enjoyed a nice Chardonay to go with it. It was so yummy. Special bread pudding dessert with a candle for my friend. Sat there for over two hours soaking it all in. No one bothered us. Great afternoon, great restaurant. Love it even more, every time I go!Special Features:
- Outstanding - Perfect SettingDelMartianVIPDined on 10/15/2014Dining on the outdoor patio right at the ocean is outstanding. The food is delicious with a great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put on your favorites listmitzijDined on 10/15/2014Excellent food, drinks, atmosphere. Stunning Pacific view from all areas of the restaurant ... outdoor or indoor. Friendly, quick service. Highly recommend as a favorite. A must to bring your visitors from out of town.Special Features:
- PERFECTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Made reservations for wife's 50th birthday well in advance. They were VERY accomodating and the hostess realized when we arrived that it was a special occasion. Food was fantastic. Drinks great. Service perfect. Sunset view amazing. Will be visiting again the next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite when in the areaStewiegirlDined on 10/13/2014Just spent two weeks in CA and managed to dine in PCG twice. The food is consistent, and the service always excellent. Our favorites are the crab and shrimp guacamole appetizer to share and the crusted mahi mahi entrée. The booths facing the water are great for watching the sunset!Special Features:
- What a wonderful night!SunshinePrincessDined on 10/12/2014I brought my mom and my aunt who were visiting from Massachusetts and Wisconsin (respectively) for dinner at Pacific Coast Grill. I must say, what a home run. Valet service was perfect, the sunset was to die for, the service was on point, and the food was amazing. The chowder and salads were amazing, dinner, the filet cut like butter. While the family was here we tried other restaurants but none compared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning as alwaysJamesMackayJMMVIPDined on 10/12/2014Fantastic food, service, wine and sunset as always. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Pacific Coast Grill; beachfront gemSuzanneDined on 10/10/2014I have been to PCG several times and have been totally happy with each visit. If you are looking for a basic burger or fish dish, this is not the place for you; the menu has a wide variety of interesting dishes that start with steak or chicken or fish, and go up a notch or three! With a rare San Diego restaurant view of the ocean and waves breaking on shore, you can't get a better location.Special Features:
- Perfect Sunset LocationBettyDined on 10/9/2014PCG is located right on the Pacific Ocean in Cardiff-by-the-Sea. (It was formerly located in Solana Beach and we used to go often.) Our table was upstairs, outside, right at the edge overlooking the beach and water. The staff was very friendly and helpful and our waitress, Seane, was wonderful! The food, as always, was great. It was a lovely evening and we are looking forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbAD17Dined on 10/8/2014a wonderful dining experience. The last time I was here was over 5 years ago and it was just how I remembered it. fantastic service. food is out of this world. an amazing water view...perfect restaurant to take the lady!Special Features:
- Great view with better foodbee4brittanyDined on 10/7/2014A great place for a special occasion. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerSherriestherDined on 10/6/2014Went here with several other women for a night out. Had a wonderful time! The food and drinks were delicious and the view was fantastic. Great service! We loved our server, Blake. He made our evening!Special Features:
- PAula and JimJustgrqndDined on 10/3/2014We came for lunch on Friday and had a great time ; food was great I had the fish taco. Yummy. Husband had the sliders and loved them !Special Features:
- Food & service outstanding!RedgirlDined on 10/2/2014I had specifically requested upstairs dining, as I was led to believe it would be more quiet & intimate for a special occasion. That was not the case. Upstairs was every bit as loud & noisy as downstairs-both have very open bars. By the time we left at approximately 7:30, it was so loud that we could hardly hear one another (or the waiter) across the table. We were there on a Thursday evening-I can't imagine what it would be like on a weekend. I would not recommend it for a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cardiff Gem...LuvcucinasDined on 9/29/2014When the ocean is gorgeous...we automatically think of Pacific Coast Grill. Great food...fresh and fabulous Sushi, as well as, salads, fish cooked to perfection. A go to place for us in North County.Special Features: