Pacific Catch - Sunset District
1200 9th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94122Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch - Sunset District
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 4155046905
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chandon Clenard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serve your Pacific Catch favorites at your next office meeting or house party. Take out catering platters available for easy pick up and serve.
- Private Party Facilities: Pacific Catch 9th Ave offers a semi private room perfect for an intimate lunch/dinner or large standing reception. A variety of menu options are available for sit down, family style, buffet or standing reception. Contact our event planner Chamin Mills to customize a menu to meet your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Chamin Mills 4155954606
- Special Events: A semi private dining rom is available for group dining. It accommodates sit down up to 35 and standing receptions/cocktail parties up to 45-50.
A word from Pacific Catch - Sunset District
Pacific Catch on 9th Ave. at the entrance to Golden Gate Park is a modern, comfortable, West Coast Fish House where friends and family gather to enjoy fresh seafood dishes inspired by flavors from the Pacific Rim. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature the freshest "catch of the day," served in a variety of styles from around the Pacific. Other menu items include Asian Rice Bowls, Meal-size Salads, Sushi Rolls, Fish and Chips and starters including our popular Hawaiian Poke and famous Cabo Calamari. Our 9th Ave location also offers patio seating and a full bar with lounge. Enjoy a wide selection of wines from the New World, contemporary island cocktails or one of our many beers on tap from around the Pacific. The semi private room offers sit down seating for groups up to 40 and a casual standing reception for 55. Our Executive Chef, can customize a menu to meet the needs of any occasion. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for event informationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Pacific Catch - Sunset District - Best Restaurants in Sunset District ›
Pacific Catch - Sunset District reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (32)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (23)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Affordable asian seafoodMarsVIPDined on 10/2/2014Good quality seafood at an affordable price. Simple décor; very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish LoverFishloverDined on 9/30/2014I really enjoyed the atmosphere and food selections and the quality was excellent. The fish was prepared so that its freshness could be enjoyed. Fish portion could have been slightly larger. The big disadvantage was the lack of adequate parking. I was one half hour late hunting for a parking spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon salad is greatfoodieguyDined on 9/28/2014The salmon tastes really good and the salad is not over or under dress. I would come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good value for the moneydenhaaghlDined on 9/22/2014in a very expensive city this is a restaurant that actually gives quality for the price. the recipes may not be 'foody' but there are culinary gems to be found on the menu amongst closer to 'comfort food' items. if you play their menu wisely you can have an excellent dinner here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood AnchorSFistDined on 9/10/2014Pacific Catch has solid food, and not just seafood. The variety of options here is amazing. We always order the Salmon Poke, which they've changed recently, but still great. Servers here are very knowledgable about what they sell. The beer selection is unmatched in the neighborhood, and the cocktails are craft. Parking in this area is horrible, but they do have a parking lot, if you're lucky enough to get a spot. Happy Hour every day? What? The bar was popping when we arrived, full of Happy Hour folks. Their Happy Hour menu has great offerings, and the bartenders are the best around for sure...no mustaches here. Go later if you want to avoid the kids, clearly families love this place. Overall, a good choice, even for a beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!YummerzDined on 9/7/2014Been here numerous times, PC never fails me. Fresh Poke fish, everything tasted fresh. Great friendly service and bottomless Lemonade!Special Features:
- Convenient, but not very goodClaroVIPDined on 9/5/2014The fish was overcooked and there was too much sauce. The coconut shrimp was overcooked. Salmon on salmon salad was cooked nicely, but lacked flavor.
- Neighborhood Gem!SusanVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was my first visit to Pacific Catch and I wish I'd visited sooner! We had an excellent dinner. Our server was professional, attentive and knowledgeable and did an excellent job, and the food and beverages were delicious. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- rice bowls were terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/19/2014big portions, the special black cod was great, tasty with rice and shaved crisp salad ,my 17 year old who bolts his food loved it. family restaurant but with a nice stylish flair open kitchen. fun. cafe style booths not tablecloth romantic..asian fusion. good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the special salmon entrees. The salmon salad was great for a gluten free entrée. The salmon on a plank had a spicy kick. Salmon served on a bed of cous cous and vegetables was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Nice AtmosphereLuvtoEatDined on 8/11/2014Came for dinner on a Monday night. The restaurant was filled with a mix of families and young couples. The noise level was high, just bordering on headache producing, but the noise was from people not piped in music, so it added to the lively atmosphere of the restaurant. Food was good and the server was helpful in explaining and recommending dishes. We ordered the coconut shrimp appetizer, which came out still hot and crispy. The poke bowl was excellent and the rice bowl was flavorful. Prices are reasonable and portions are decent. There is also one out in the Marina if driving to 9th and Lincoln is too far out of the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Again!NeekVIPDined on 8/10/2014Always a great place to take friends, have a great cocktail and a good meal. The seafood specials are always fantastic! This month's salmon tacos are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodGraciefoodieDined on 7/29/2014I came here with my two sons on a vacation. Appetizers are yummy and unique. The salmon was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshMsFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a great place to have lunch or early dinner if you're visiting the museums in Golden Gate park. The ahi wasabi bowl with brown rice and salad keeps us coming back again and again. The ahi is always fresh, the wasabi dressing has the perfect kick, the mix of greens is very nice, and the portions are generous. We mix it up a bit ethnically and as far as we're concerned their margaritas go very well with the rice bowls. On Tuesdays there is half price wine. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually 5-star, latest time 4.WillfromSFDined on 7/18/2014This is in my commercial district, so I have been here several times, and it is my favorite restaurant in the 'hood. They are usually celebrating some seasonal seafood and this time it was salmon. I had the salmon tacos, and though the salmon was good, the tacos seemed less tasty than usual. Often I order a poke here and they have always been superb. Part of my problem was that I was in a group of 4 and we dined outside in front of the restaurant, adjacent a very busy intersection. Between the music playing and the street noise, I had a difficult time hearing conversation, but then I have hearing problems anyway. I recommend going inside, where the ambiance is very lively and light.Special Features:
- Never a bad meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/17/2014I love pacific catch. I've been eating here for 5+ years about twice monthly. Whether it is their creative california cuisine, or new specials that are always there, this place is hands down one of the best. Probably the reason it is crowded all the time. Fresh food every time we've eaten there. Fish is always super fresh. Don't miss this one. Right across from Golden Gate Park at 9th and Lincoln, great location!Special Features:
- Salmon festluv2eatVIPDined on 7/13/2014The special salmon entrees were delicious and well presented. Our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ljwiVIPDined on 7/10/2014Loved the salmon. Service great too Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!singtuneDined on 7/10/2014The different tacos were delicious! Everyone loved them, along with the sushi, beer and wine choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 702 reviews are from the Pacific Catch - Sunset District reviews archive.
- Solid Experience Every TimeSFistDined on 6/21/2014Solid experience, every visit we have there. The pokes are authentic, and the rice bowls are iconic seafood SF. Our server this visit was very knowledgable, and accommodating to our needs. This is a very well run establishment. Decor is appropriate, cocktails are amazing. We continue to come back here for the great service and awesome cocktails. The host was very pleasant, and recognized us as an Open Table user. We had two managers stop by to make sure things were going smoothly. What a nice touch, that doesn't happen anywhere anymore... We will be back again soon. Parking is sparse, loud for some. Great up-and-coming neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffseanchoVIPDined on 6/20/2014good food, great service. We live in the neighborhood and eat here often its good to see consistent good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencesfnativeDined on 6/17/2014The experience was good. The only thing was a large group of diners were so noisy you couldn't have a conversation. When they finally started eating they quieted down.Special Features:
- Superb if you have severe allergiesTigermomDined on 6/17/2014The manager and kitchen were absolutely fabulous addressing severe allergies to nursing newborn infant who is allergic to dairy, soy, beef, wheat (baby has blood in stool for 4 days). They used a new pan with non-soy oil and reviewed all ingredients/sauces with my guest. Manager (5:30 pm on Tuesday June 17) anticipated needs of our party which included 5 kids under 6 and wheel-chair bound elderly. Waitress was pretty calm about all the requests.Special Features:
- Love!maexdaeDined on 6/17/2014Very nice restaurant. Very good service. Kid-friendly. The poke is yummy! Everything in their menu I will eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionNoraVIPDined on 6/15/2014It was Father's Day and I went under open table to see what could possibly be available for dinner. It was close by and there was easy parking at the park even though I read there was a private lot which is another great thing to have. The Asian bowl was fantastic and with the brown rice with half rice/half veggies, I felt I ate something very healthy. The one piece coffee mochi I had was just enough. The server was very nice. The only downside as reported by my son was that there is very limited bathroom space and it was a bit of a line when he even attempted to go by. Thanks for asking!Special Features:
- Great place to have dinnerscifiloveDined on 6/12/2014Excellent food and excellent service. We tried the rice bowls and sushi. Extra large serving size for both dishes. The size of the sushi can be smaller because the extra large pieces make a mess while eating and make them look more American sushi than actual Japanese sushi. The flavor of both the sushi and rice bowls were excellent though.Special Features:
- Must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2014the food (swordfish for both of us) was delicious and well prepared and the cocktails very good. Our wait persons were outstanding but the blonde hostess was dreadful and seemed disinterested in getting my husband,who is on crutches, and me seated quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014There is a great kids selection and the lunch for adults is pretty good. A great place to start for an afternoon in GG park.Special Features:
- a true neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014The Pacific catch has been quite consistent in the quality of food, service and the friendly ambiance. I would certainly recommend it if you feel like having some good fish, poke or rolls.Special Features:
- ScooterVIPDined on 6/7/2014Multiple "Poke" choices, great selection of fresh fish, excellent service, and you can make reservations through Open Table. Also next to Golden Gate Park - thus conveniently located.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodHawaiiVisitorVIPDined on 5/31/2014I always enjoy the fresh seafood selection available, but make sure you save room for dessert as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodrosieVIPDined on 5/31/2014pacific catch is a great go-to place. food and service are consistent and good, and at a reasonable price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time there.BrettcomicDined on 5/31/2014The sushi and California Salmon sandwich were very good. The music was a little loud for me, but otherwise the ambulance was very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!!!NoWheatDined on 5/29/2014We just tried Pacific Catch for the 1st time as a party of 7, and I must say, all 7 of us will be eating there again. All dishes were fresh, tasty, and had beautiful plate presentation. Bonus points for having a Gluten free menu as we had someone with a severe wheat allergy in our party.Special Features:
- Excellant ServiceTeriVIPDined on 5/28/2014I enjoyed a wonderful meal at a reasonable price. I would recommend this restaurant. Our server Chels, was fantastic.Special Features:
- TerribleDelightDined on 5/17/2014I found the food terribly seasoned. Fried rice was over seasoned, food was not fresh, and salmon was underseasoned. Inconsistent all around . Never going there again.
- Great ExperiencegenselecusDined on 5/12/2014I hate at Pacific Catch with a group of friends. The food was very good, I mostly got sushi. I also tried some of the tacos and they were also delicious. No complaints!Special Features:
- Solid seafood restaurantYoniDined on 5/11/2014My family went to Pacific Catch on Mother's Day and had a very nice time. My daughters loved the food. My wife got the Poke trio sampler and thought the flavors were a little too harsh and took away from the taste and freshness of the fish. I had the Ahi Tuni sandwich which was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FogCitySharkVIPDined on 5/11/2014I love coming here for friendly service, a quick open table rez can be made minutes before you arrive and the food is always consistently good. I love having seafood in the inner sunset - I've lived here for years and something this casual and reliably good is great to have around - good drinks although I wish the selection was better and that they could blend drinks - but it's pretty easy to find something to order off the bar menu. It gets busy and a little loud but it's a great place for a quick sit down dinner with good service.Special Features:
- A great findPpg421Dined on 5/10/2014We loved the food and the service was great. We got stuck in traffic heading to Pacific Catch, so I called and they were great about it. When we did arrive we were seated right away. Had the coconut shrimp appitizer delicous also shared a california roll which was amazing and real crab not the fake stuff. We had mahi tacos, salmon sandwich and also the 2 fish specials which were a swordfish dinner and a salmon dinner. All was cooked perfectly. Service was amazing too Diane took great care of us , our drinks were always full and the meal was timed perfectly. We will be back and the sooner the better.Special Features: