Pacific Catch San Mateo
243 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch San Mateo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: (650) 558-1000 ext. 118
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room
A word from Pacific Catch San Mateo
A West Coast Fish House Defining the Tastes of the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacific Catch San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (58)great for lunch (48)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (17)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (6)romantic (4)Show More
- A regularBrandonDined on 11/19/2014We go here after the movies or when we are in town and want to go to a reliable place. Rice bowls are always great, Korean rib appetizer hits the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatTapestryVIPDined on 11/9/2014Been here before and enjoyed it very much. Read that the cioppino was great here so tried it. It was good but it had a thick tomato sauce instead of a fragrant savory broth. Lots of mussel and clam shells, most were empty. A couple of small crab legs. So skimpy. Couple of small slices of sourdough. Very disappointing. I love cioppino but I didn't love this. I'll be back because mostly the food, service and servings are good. But not this time and I'll go somewhere else for cioppino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyVIPDined on 11/8/2014love this restaurant - hve eaten here at least 10 timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the ServiceHappyVIPDined on 11/5/2014I came in to eat for lunch at Pacific Catch on a Wednesday. Service was terrible the waiter was overwhelmed with too many tables over lunch. This was one of the worse service that I have ever had. I called over the GM to complain about the service that I was receiving, and she and the server obviously need more training, she did not understand customer service, and she was clueless about the type of customer service one should receive. I will never go back to Pacific Catch. The Food was just okay, I have had better, and certainly not worth it for the type of service one receives.
- Great food each timeEuclidVIPDined on 10/25/2014We enjoy this local restaurant regularly. The Thai curry bowls with salad are so flavorful with either salmon or shrimp on top.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseKAliceDined on 10/25/2014Four of us dined here for the first time on a Saturday night. The restaurant was moderately busy, service was excellent. Even though the World Series was on over the bar, we were able to enjoy our meal without participating in the game. Will go back to try the rice bowls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and WinememeyumVIPDined on 10/25/2014The mahi mahi and salmon sandwiches were fresh and tasty. The sweet potato fries with wasabi aioli were fab!! The service at the bar was very good. Definitely our destination dining spot for seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- venticelloDined on 10/24/2014Fun Birthday celebration....!!! and a lovely wide booth for just 2 of us..Special Features:
- gluten free San MateoLaurieWPVIPDined on 10/24/2014Relocating from East coast and I really enjoy Pacific Catch! Great food although it would be great to have more gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food in a great settingAmyfromOaktonDined on 10/21/2014Especially enjoyed the appetizers - the Poke assortment and the Korean Ribs. We all enjoyed our meals and the setting. The half price bottle of wine was super on Tuesday night.
- Fun and yum!Amyb88Dined on 10/19/2014Went with a group of friends for the third time. Food is great service was pretty good drinks were delicious. The cost of the meals are very reasonable, and you get a lot of food. I also asked for a donation for a local fundraiser for our school, the manager was extremely accommodating and helped me out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great w/kids and before/after movieKimCDined on 10/18/2014We have gone twice to Pacific Catch recently, and had great experiences. Once right before a movie (theater is next door) and had great, quick service. Food is extremely good. They cook their fish just right. Also went with a party of 8 with 4 kids. Lots of great seating in the back with fun ambience. Another wonderful experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cioppino!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/12/2014My partner and I tried this place on a late Sunday afternoon / early evening and it was good. The cioppino was better than the sole as it appeared that the sole had been sitting under a heater for a little while longer than I would have preferred, but the accompanying vegetables were quite good, and nice choices of wine for decent prices. It appears to be quite a kid-active place which is nice, but noisy. The music was fairly loud too, so not a place for a quiet dinner. It's a good option for an easy-going dinner place with lots of fresh fish option. We didn't try the Poke this time, but we'll go back and I'll try it next time.Special Features:
- dinnerLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014overall everything was very good , the sticky korean ribs dish that I had was a little too sweet my rice was soaked in sauce and I could eat it all. I would suggest to serve the sauce on the side.Special Features:
- Excellent Casual DinnerTomTDined on 10/8/2014We ate at the Pacific Catch before a lecture series that we attend. We were 15 minutes late because of difficulty in finding parking. We eventually parked at the train station three or four blocks away. This is worth remembering. Since we were running late we opted for tacos and fish and chips. Both portions were large (I had four pieces of fish and could have settled for three). Both entrees were very good. I had a Drake's Pale Ale, and my wife has a glass of Rodney Strong Chardonnay. Both were tasty. Our server was excellent. We told him that we were rushed, and he moved things along. Excellent, friendly service We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local AdditionLRDinerDined on 10/5/2014Four of us had a great experience - from (generous) sushi appetizers to rice bowls, fish tacos and grilled fish special! Very good food, nice atmosphere, great wait staff.Special Features:
- One word...Poke!ShaybabbyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had dinner for the forth time here the other night. We shared the shrimp tacos, a wasabi bowl with poke, and coconut shrimp. Everything was delicious, fresh and worth ordering again! This is the only place I know with the awesome hawaiian flare!Special Features:
- Great foodfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Food was pretty good overall. I had the 2 piece fish and chips with sweet potato fries. I thought the fish pieces were a bit small. We were there at 715 pm and it was very noisy but as diners left the noise level dropped.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuv2DineDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed a marvelous 15th anniversary dinner. They took very good care of us with generous service and acknowledgement of our occasion. The food is consistently good. We favor all fish dishes (e.g. poke, sushi & tacos). We enjoyed a dessert for the first time and loved that too. THANK YOU for making our anniversary all the more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too TrendysevenfanVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've been to the Pacific Catch in Campbell and this one on several occasions. I'm beginning to think that the chefs are simply copying other trendy restaurants, have lost their originality and are trying to turn into a National Chain like PF Changs rather than serve good original, local food. The food is OK, the service is good, it is energetic, but I'm not sure that this will be a restaurant I continue to go to.Special Features:
- A favorite!caldinerDined on 9/24/2014Parking is tough, so we go early---often. I love the magi magi tacos, the shrimp tacos and my husband thinks this is the best pokey outside of hawaii (he is a purist--he loves the original pokey, not too spicy or doctored up, only good fresh fish). The rice bowls are good too, but I usually can't pass up the tacos. Two are a lot. I order with the salad side, and the little salad is so fresh, original and very good.Special Features:
- Great LunchScottDined on 9/19/2014Great lunch venue for entertaining potential clients. The menu is perfect and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Great for Group Lunch & Date NightbarefootDined on 9/16/2014Been here for work lunches and also evening dinner with the husband. LOVE the Hawaiian Poke and Ahi Tuna Salad. Many other great choices to choose from. Husband had the Hawaiian Teriyaki Skirt Steak Rice Bowl... yummmmmm. Decor is clean, modern and spacious. Bonus is you can catch the Giants or Niner game on too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulIHeartYummyFoodDined on 9/16/2014We have been there 3 times so far and have tried a different dish each time and it never disappoints! My kids and husband love it and the servers are great... The only complaint is the hostess, everytime so far she doesn't seem like she wants to be there. Other then that it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hourloves2eatVIPDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I went to Pacific Catch for their happy hours and we were not disappointed. Everything we ordered was tasty and the price was terrific. We have dined at various Pacific Catch restaurants and are never disappointed. This was our first time for the happy hour and we will go back in the future.
- GeneralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Good service, convenient location. Wish there was more entrees on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceWorrabDined on 9/12/2014Every dish we have ordered here has always been of a high standard, and the service is some of the best anywhere, very efficient and friendly wait staff. Nice ambience and decor too. Prices reasonable given the high quality of the food. This is a great restaurant for sea food lovers. Thoroughly recommend the poke trio.Special Features:
- Good FoodMariniteDined on 9/6/2014Pacific Catch in San Mateo was fabulous. Good food with good friends. We all enjoyed the food and service!Special Features:
- Hit or miss.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014We each ordered the Japanese wasabi bowl which had excessive soy sauce in the dressing. Other than that it was delicious. I had had the same entree a week before, and it was perfect then. Our waiter thought he was being charming, I'm sure, by calling us "gals" (we're both over 65). Wine pours are stingy. This restaurant is definitely hit or miss.
- Hope rules!ScotchmoVIPDined on 8/29/2014Hope was our server who took over our table when some communication breakdown occurred between hostess and other server. Hope made us feel special, took excellent care of us, and turned a potential fail into exceptional. Sticky ribs and dulce de leche spring rolls ftw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodLillyDined on 8/28/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and our server, Barry, was fantastic in keeping us well fed, well taken care of, and offering a comprehensive review of the menu items and recommending popular/fan favorit dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!MaribelVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent - - very fresh and great flavor. We stopped by before a show at the movie theatre and it was PERFECT! The Bartender (Justin) was amazing and the drinks he made for us - - incredible lemon drop and a fresh raspberry mo-no-jito (alcohol free) were quite simply some of the best we've ever enjoyed. I will definitely be going back for the food and more tasty concoctions at the bar from Justin!Special Features:
- very worthwhileKennDined on 8/21/2014this was a great find for a casual , active spot with a diverse menu fit for foodies. i will certainly add to listing for bay area visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary A.maryann177Dined on 8/20/2014Ahi Poke was to die for!! Swordfish and Salmon chalkboard specials were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CatchChicagoJoeDined on 8/19/2014Staying south of SFO? Staying north of SJC? Time to head over to San Mateo for dinner. Great recommendation is Pacific Catch in San Mateo. Great environment, fit for foodies, good for a a few work colleagues to have a very nice dinner is a lively restaurant. For starters try Poke and for the entre there a lots of options. We had a group five and everyone tried something different. Everyone praised their dinner. This could easily become a favorite. Street parking all around and a few garages nearby so you are good to go. Give Pacific Catch a try.Special Features:
- Love the Happy HourFlyingdinerDined on 8/15/2014I have brought many friends and family here for their delicious, bargain 4:00-6:00 happy hour. My favorites from the happy hour menu are sweet potato fries, calamari, coconut prawns, and California roll. They also have a variety of poke dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryDined on 8/14/2014Table was ready when we arrived. On-line menu did not match in-house menu at all.Special Features:
- Nice and LoudDoc1Dined on 8/10/2014Chose it because my wife had been there before; food was fresh, so was the hostess: see below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping Place!LJB17Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I had a great evening dining here to celebrate his birthday. We arrived a little early and had a fun time watching their wonderful bartender, Justin, prepare unique drinks. He advised us on his cocktail selection and further took the time to explain some of the food dishes we were not familiar with. He even brought us a few samples. We were seated on time and enjoyed their unique and reasonably priced food. Our waitress even offered us a complimentary birthday dessert which we took home to enjoy later. We have recommended it to our daughter and will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi lover eats hereLars90274VIPDined on 8/8/2014I would typically just get sushi down the street at you know who's place , but the poki at Pacific catch is great and I really like the rice bowls and salads here. The added bonus is a great little kids selection of fresh seafood option!Special Features: