Pacific Catch San Mateo
243 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch San Mateo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 6505581000x118
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room
A word from Pacific Catch San Mateo
A West Coast Fish House Defining the Tastes of the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacific Catch San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)great for lunch (74)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (66)kid-friendly (52)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (35)special occasion (33)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)romantic (8)notable wine list (3)Show More
- GeneralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Good service, convenient location. Wish there was more entrees on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceWorrabDined on 9/12/2014Every dish we have ordered here has always been of a high standard, and the service is some of the best anywhere, very efficient and friendly wait staff. Nice ambience and decor too. Prices reasonable given the high quality of the food. This is a great restaurant for sea food lovers. Thoroughly recommend the poke trio.Special Features:
- Hit or miss.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014We each ordered the Japanese wasabi bowl which had excessive soy sauce in the dressing. Other than that it was delicious. I had had the same entree a week before, and it was perfect then. Our waiter thought he was being charming, I'm sure, by calling us "gals" (we're both over 65). Wine pours are stingy. This restaurant is definitely hit or miss.
- Hope rules!ScotchmoVIPDined on 8/29/2014Hope was our server who took over our table when some communication breakdown occurred between hostess and other server. Hope made us feel special, took excellent care of us, and turned a potential fail into exceptional. Sticky ribs and dulce de leche spring rolls ftw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodLillyDined on 8/28/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and our server, Barry, was fantastic in keeping us well fed, well taken care of, and offering a comprehensive review of the menu items and recommending popular/fan favorit dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very worthwhileKennDined on 8/21/2014this was a great find for a casual , active spot with a diverse menu fit for foodies. i will certainly add to listing for bay area visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary A.maryann177Dined on 8/20/2014Ahi Poke was to die for!! Swordfish and Salmon chalkboard specials were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CatchChicagoJoeDined on 8/19/2014Staying south of SFO? Staying north of SJC? Time to head over to San Mateo for dinner. Great recommendation is Pacific Catch in San Mateo. Great environment, fit for foodies, good for a a few work colleagues to have a very nice dinner is a lively restaurant. For starters try Poke and for the entre there a lots of options. We had a group five and everyone tried something different. Everyone praised their dinner. This could easily become a favorite. Street parking all around and a few garages nearby so you are good to go. Give Pacific Catch a try.Special Features:
- Love the Happy HourFlyingdinerDined on 8/15/2014I have brought many friends and family here for their delicious, bargain 4:00-6:00 happy hour. My favorites from the happy hour menu are sweet potato fries, calamari, coconut prawns, and California roll. They also have a variety of poke dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryDined on 8/14/2014Table was ready when we arrived. On-line menu did not match in-house menu at all.Special Features:
- Nice and LoudDoc1Dined on 8/10/2014Chose it because my wife had been there before; food was fresh, so was the hostess: see below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping Place!LJB17Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I had a great evening dining here to celebrate his birthday. We arrived a little early and had a fun time watching their wonderful bartender, Justin, prepare unique drinks. He advised us on his cocktail selection and further took the time to explain some of the food dishes we were not familiar with. He even brought us a few samples. We were seated on time and enjoyed their unique and reasonably priced food. Our waitress even offered us a complimentary birthday dessert which we took home to enjoy later. We have recommended it to our daughter and will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi lover eats hereLars90274VIPDined on 8/8/2014I would typically just get sushi down the street at you know who's place , but the poki at Pacific catch is great and I really like the rice bowls and salads here. The added bonus is a great little kids selection of fresh seafood option!Special Features:
- LOVE Pacific Catch!SFGirl08Dined on 8/8/2014I can't go there as often as I'd like, but the food there is amazing and super healthy. The one thing a lot of fish places lack is the option of brown rice, but Pacific Catch has it. My favorite thing is the Japanese Wasabi Bowl with the original-style Hawaiian Poke. Get the poke appetizer as well. One serving is plenty for two people, but if you're sharing it with more, you'll likely want to get the mix-and-match. You really can't go wrong with anything at Pacific Catch. Sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraWDined on 8/5/2014We all made fresh wild salmon choices- a salad, tacos, and grilled entree- each was delicious and unique- light, fresh and wonderful flavors. Meal was reasonably priced- wine half off on Tuesdays is great- will be back! We sat in the back open air part of the restaurant which is much quieter and we enjoyed being able to talk easily while feeling the fresh air! Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meeting SpotAAH6Dined on 8/4/2014Great food and great service for a meeting place to spend a relaxing lunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentrungirlsfDined on 8/2/2014we were meeting friends "halfway". having pacific catch close to where we live, we figured great. and honestly, it's good. it's consistent throughout the different areas. the service at the san mateo one, though, completely outshined the others. and for that, yay! i always get the japanese wasabi bowl with brown rice. and yes, always good. tried some appetizers and they were okay. if you are going for the simple yet good, pacific catch is the place. i always go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Great food and very good service. The food was fresh and very healthy. Probably one of the best meals of my vacation to California.Special Features:
- CristinaDined on 7/26/2014Our first time here with our baby. They must not have read our request (window/booth for our baby) as all the window tables were full, and wouldn't give us a baby seat unless we were sitting in the middle of the busy restaurant. Food was ok... I've had bigger fish pieces (of the Fish and Chips) elsewhere; I'll have to try the tacos, as my husband thought they were pretty good/had a good variety. Overall, seemed like a fun place with a tropical touch.Special Features:
- movies and dinnerlynnieVIPDined on 7/25/2014because it is just across from the theatre is the only reason to go, but it is very mediocre.
- wonderful, birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/24/2014husband and i went to celebrate his birthday. we had a few beer and enjoyed wonderful apps (calamari, poke), and truly - we had enough to food to end right there. everything was wonderful except one negative: our dinner came out too quickly, like 10 minutes after our apps. so once it arrived, we had to shift modes and hurry up and eat our hot food and leave the apps for take home. our waitress should've held back our order, but - maybe it was may fault for not saying so to her. we love PC, and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To bad- had potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Unlike other reviews - had great friendly service. Very accommodating, helpful and great drinks. Food was a big disappointment. Looked good, priced good for happy hour but not great flavor... Had leftovers and didn't want to take it home. Won't be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our "after the movie" early dinner here. We were seated in the back room which is quieter than the front where the bar is. Our server was excellent, answering questions and promptly bringing us appetizers. The food was excellent as well. I ordered the Ahi Tuna Salad and it was was as good as all the other times I've ordered it. Others in our party enjoyed their meals (Fish & Chips and Grilled Salmon Sandwich) too. We'll return.Special Features:
- Great MenugigandpatDined on 7/19/2014The menu presented plenty of excellent choices for either a full meal or sandwiches. There were also many starters to choose from. There was no wait for our table and the service was excellent and the food delivered in a very timely manner. The food presentation was unique and very pleasing.Special Features:
- abby2dineDined on 7/18/2014Awesome ! great selection of wine/seafood, service can't be beat ! friendly front desk staff, server was perfect..If you haven't been there, you need to go !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place a new favoriteMBoogieDined on 7/18/2014Have been back a couple of times with family and it's always been great. The food and drinks have really been amazing and I recommend this place to everyone. Great selection of fresh foods from Wasabi Poke to fish tacos, you really can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Catch is a must catch!YumbumDined on 7/18/2014Great menu choices. Fresh ingredients and cooked to perfection! Friendly welcoming staff. This Yum Bum gives Pacific Catch a double Yum Yum! I will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencepgybabzDined on 7/16/2014Our first time at the restaurant, our 19th year wedding anniversary, spent with my two kids and the wife. Service was excellent, food was better than expected. A little bit pricey but worth the money for the service, quality of food and the convenience of its location. I would recommend it to all.Special Features:
- Fun with FriendsfunwfriendsDined on 7/15/2014This is a great local restaurant if you want to be able to sit, relax and enjoy your friends. The wait staff was very accommodating and polite. We were happy to sit and visit without a problem. Food was outstanding. Price was a surprise. We expected to have paid quite a bit more. We loved every bit of our dining experience.Special Features:
- good place reasonable pricesfoodeeieDined on 7/12/2014Great place for a good meal, nice atmosphere and good servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a great lunch at Pacific Catch, the steak taco's are a favorite and the service was excellent!
- Great Food Find on B StreetSouthcityCAVIPDined on 7/12/2014I love this restaurant, it really adds a new dimension to the eats on B Street. The ambience is casual, modern, and sleek. The menu has lots to choose from. And the Mai Tai is killer good!!! Start out with a delicious Mai Tai (I'm from Hawaii, and "no lie, diz iz rite on"!) with Thai coconut shrimp. Then an Poke Trio (select 3 of your favorites, we did original/serrano/macadamia nut), comes with sides. Add sushi of your choice (we did California). You can also order rice bowls, tacos, salads, sandwiches, specials, and fish & chips! Kid's menu, happy hour menu, and dessert menu = the fried dulce de leche "spring roll" is to die for). Next to parking structure, movie theater complex, a block from CalTrain. Happy Hour 4-6pm.Special Features:
- Delish!!!Lucy7083VIPDined on 7/10/2014Took my dad and sister here to celebrate my dads 88th birthday. He ordered the salmon on cedar plank with veggie and potatoes and washed it down with a kona beer. I had the fish and chips which was light on the batter but seasoned to perfection. The prices are affordable and the service was spot onSpecial Features:
- BertBertDined on 7/7/2014Wonderful, fresh, creative food in an attractive, airy setting.Special Features:
- A welcome add to dwntwn San Mateo!BarbaraFVIPDined on 7/5/2014So exciting to have a great casual dining venue complete with table service, great food and fun beer and wine list. With so many Asian restaurants in downtown San Mateo (Thai, Japanese, Chinese, etc), it's a nice change of place to have a fish restaurant with some flair! The tacos are my favorite and the steak taco with carmelized onions is the best of the best. Their daily fish entrees as well as their creative sandwiches and salads are tasty too.Special Features:
- Enjoyablevisitingdiners2Dined on 7/4/2014Menu was great. Food prices were very reasonable. Extensive menu. Drinks were very generous and we were asked what brand of liquor we wanted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014The poke and sushi were wonderful, but the grilled salmon special was a bit dry--though the chimichurri marinade was delicious. I definitely plan to come back here and stick to the non-grilled fish offerings.Special Features:
- Unfriendly hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014It took 20 mins to seat us even with a Rez. The place was not full at all. There were lots of table empty in the main room. When the hostess finally sat us we were seated at the very back where it was dark and uninviting.its like being placed "in the back of the bus!"
- Good food, convenient locationrdegoliaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Pacific Catch is perfectly situated in downtown San Mateo, immediately across from the theatre. I had the Tuna three ways, which was very good. Not remarkable, although the Tuna Poke Serrano was remarkable. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Coconut shrimp, yumm!FlyingdinerDined on 7/1/2014I highly recommend the 4-6 Happy Hour, almost half the price off the regular menu on some of my favorites, coconut shrimp, California roll, calamari, sweet potato fries. You do have to be seated in the bar area. 5 of us went for a 3pm late lunch, so it cost almost twice as much, but still enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.