Pacific Catch San Mateo
243 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch San Mateo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 6505581000x118
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room
A word from Pacific Catch San Mateo
A West Coast Fish House Defining the Tastes of the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacific Catch San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (61)great for lunch (59)kid-friendly (39)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (24)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (13)great for brunch (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Fun and yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Went with a group of friends for the third time. Food is great service was pretty good drinks were delicious. The cost of the meals are very reasonable, and you get a lot of food. I also asked for a donation for a local fundraiser for our school, the manager was extremely accommodating and helped me out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great w/kids and before/after movieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We have gone twice to Pacific Catch recently, and had great experiences. Once right before a movie (theater is next door) and had great, quick service. Food is extremely good. They cook their fish just right. Also went with a party of 8 with 4 kids. Lots of great seating in the back with fun ambience. Another wonderful experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cioppino!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/12/2014My partner and I tried this place on a late Sunday afternoon / early evening and it was good. The cioppino was better than the sole as it appeared that the sole had been sitting under a heater for a little while longer than I would have preferred, but the accompanying vegetables were quite good, and nice choices of wine for decent prices. It appears to be quite a kid-active place which is nice, but noisy. The music was fairly loud too, so not a place for a quiet dinner. It's a good option for an easy-going dinner place with lots of fresh fish option. We didn't try the Poke this time, but we'll go back and I'll try it next time.Special Features:
- dinnerLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014overall everything was very good , the sticky korean ribs dish that I had was a little too sweet my rice was soaked in sauce and I could eat it all. I would suggest to serve the sauce on the side.Special Features:
- Excellent Casual DinnerTomTDined on 10/8/2014We ate at the Pacific Catch before a lecture series that we attend. We were 15 minutes late because of difficulty in finding parking. We eventually parked at the train station three or four blocks away. This is worth remembering. Since we were running late we opted for tacos and fish and chips. Both portions were large (I had four pieces of fish and could have settled for three). Both entrees were very good. I had a Drake's Pale Ale, and my wife has a glass of Rodney Strong Chardonnay. Both were tasty. Our server was excellent. We told him that we were rushed, and he moved things along. Excellent, friendly service We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local AdditionLRDinerDined on 10/5/2014Four of us had a great experience - from (generous) sushi appetizers to rice bowls, fish tacos and grilled fish special! Very good food, nice atmosphere, great wait staff.Special Features:
- One word...Poke!ShaybabbyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had dinner for the forth time here the other night. We shared the shrimp tacos, a wasabi bowl with poke, and coconut shrimp. Everything was delicious, fresh and worth ordering again! This is the only place I know with the awesome hawaiian flare!Special Features:
- Great foodfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Food was pretty good overall. I had the 2 piece fish and chips with sweet potato fries. I thought the fish pieces were a bit small. We were there at 715 pm and it was very noisy but as diners left the noise level dropped.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuv2DineDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed a marvelous 15th anniversary dinner. They took very good care of us with generous service and acknowledgement of our occasion. The food is consistently good. We favor all fish dishes (e.g. poke, sushi & tacos). We enjoyed a dessert for the first time and loved that too. THANK YOU for making our anniversary all the more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too TrendysevenfanVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've been to the Pacific Catch in Campbell and this one on several occasions. I'm beginning to think that the chefs are simply copying other trendy restaurants, have lost their originality and are trying to turn into a National Chain like PF Changs rather than serve good original, local food. The food is OK, the service is good, it is energetic, but I'm not sure that this will be a restaurant I continue to go to.Special Features:
- A favorite!caldinerDined on 9/24/2014Parking is tough, so we go early---often. I love the magi magi tacos, the shrimp tacos and my husband thinks this is the best pokey outside of hawaii (he is a purist--he loves the original pokey, not too spicy or doctored up, only good fresh fish). The rice bowls are good too, but I usually can't pass up the tacos. Two are a lot. I order with the salad side, and the little salad is so fresh, original and very good.Special Features:
- Great LunchScottDined on 9/19/2014Great lunch venue for entertaining potential clients. The menu is perfect and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Great for Group Lunch & Date NightbarefootDined on 9/16/2014Been here for work lunches and also evening dinner with the husband. LOVE the Hawaiian Poke and Ahi Tuna Salad. Many other great choices to choose from. Husband had the Hawaiian Teriyaki Skirt Steak Rice Bowl... yummmmmm. Decor is clean, modern and spacious. Bonus is you can catch the Giants or Niner game on too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulIHeartYummyFoodDined on 9/16/2014We have been there 3 times so far and have tried a different dish each time and it never disappoints! My kids and husband love it and the servers are great... The only complaint is the hostess, everytime so far she doesn't seem like she wants to be there. Other then that it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hourloves2eatDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I went to Pacific Catch for their happy hours and we were not disappointed. Everything we ordered was tasty and the price was terrific. We have dined at various Pacific Catch restaurants and are never disappointed. This was our first time for the happy hour and we will go back in the future.
- GeneralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Good service, convenient location. Wish there was more entrees on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceWorrabDined on 9/12/2014Every dish we have ordered here has always been of a high standard, and the service is some of the best anywhere, very efficient and friendly wait staff. Nice ambience and decor too. Prices reasonable given the high quality of the food. This is a great restaurant for sea food lovers. Thoroughly recommend the poke trio.Special Features:
- Hit or miss.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014We each ordered the Japanese wasabi bowl which had excessive soy sauce in the dressing. Other than that it was delicious. I had had the same entree a week before, and it was perfect then. Our waiter thought he was being charming, I'm sure, by calling us "gals" (we're both over 65). Wine pours are stingy. This restaurant is definitely hit or miss.
- Hope rules!ScotchmoVIPDined on 8/29/2014Hope was our server who took over our table when some communication breakdown occurred between hostess and other server. Hope made us feel special, took excellent care of us, and turned a potential fail into exceptional. Sticky ribs and dulce de leche spring rolls ftw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodLillyDined on 8/28/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and our server, Barry, was fantastic in keeping us well fed, well taken care of, and offering a comprehensive review of the menu items and recommending popular/fan favorit dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!MaribelVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent - - very fresh and great flavor. We stopped by before a show at the movie theatre and it was PERFECT! The Bartender (Justin) was amazing and the drinks he made for us - - incredible lemon drop and a fresh raspberry mo-no-jito (alcohol free) were quite simply some of the best we've ever enjoyed. I will definitely be going back for the food and more tasty concoctions at the bar from Justin!Special Features:
- very worthwhileKennDined on 8/21/2014this was a great find for a casual , active spot with a diverse menu fit for foodies. i will certainly add to listing for bay area visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary A.maryann177Dined on 8/20/2014Ahi Poke was to die for!! Swordfish and Salmon chalkboard specials were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CatchChicagoJoeDined on 8/19/2014Staying south of SFO? Staying north of SJC? Time to head over to San Mateo for dinner. Great recommendation is Pacific Catch in San Mateo. Great environment, fit for foodies, good for a a few work colleagues to have a very nice dinner is a lively restaurant. For starters try Poke and for the entre there a lots of options. We had a group five and everyone tried something different. Everyone praised their dinner. This could easily become a favorite. Street parking all around and a few garages nearby so you are good to go. Give Pacific Catch a try.Special Features:
- Love the Happy HourFlyingdinerDined on 8/15/2014I have brought many friends and family here for their delicious, bargain 4:00-6:00 happy hour. My favorites from the happy hour menu are sweet potato fries, calamari, coconut prawns, and California roll. They also have a variety of poke dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryDined on 8/14/2014Table was ready when we arrived. On-line menu did not match in-house menu at all.Special Features:
- Nice and LoudDoc1Dined on 8/10/2014Chose it because my wife had been there before; food was fresh, so was the hostess: see below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping Place!LJB17Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I had a great evening dining here to celebrate his birthday. We arrived a little early and had a fun time watching their wonderful bartender, Justin, prepare unique drinks. He advised us on his cocktail selection and further took the time to explain some of the food dishes we were not familiar with. He even brought us a few samples. We were seated on time and enjoyed their unique and reasonably priced food. Our waitress even offered us a complimentary birthday dessert which we took home to enjoy later. We have recommended it to our daughter and will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi lover eats hereLars90274VIPDined on 8/8/2014I would typically just get sushi down the street at you know who's place , but the poki at Pacific catch is great and I really like the rice bowls and salads here. The added bonus is a great little kids selection of fresh seafood option!Special Features:
- LOVE Pacific Catch!SFGirl08Dined on 8/8/2014I can't go there as often as I'd like, but the food there is amazing and super healthy. The one thing a lot of fish places lack is the option of brown rice, but Pacific Catch has it. My favorite thing is the Japanese Wasabi Bowl with the original-style Hawaiian Poke. Get the poke appetizer as well. One serving is plenty for two people, but if you're sharing it with more, you'll likely want to get the mix-and-match. You really can't go wrong with anything at Pacific Catch. Sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraWDined on 8/5/2014We all made fresh wild salmon choices- a salad, tacos, and grilled entree- each was delicious and unique- light, fresh and wonderful flavors. Meal was reasonably priced- wine half off on Tuesdays is great- will be back! We sat in the back open air part of the restaurant which is much quieter and we enjoyed being able to talk easily while feeling the fresh air! Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meeting SpotAAH6Dined on 8/4/2014Great food and great service for a meeting place to spend a relaxing lunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentrungirlsfDined on 8/2/2014we were meeting friends "halfway". having pacific catch close to where we live, we figured great. and honestly, it's good. it's consistent throughout the different areas. the service at the san mateo one, though, completely outshined the others. and for that, yay! i always get the japanese wasabi bowl with brown rice. and yes, always good. tried some appetizers and they were okay. if you are going for the simple yet good, pacific catch is the place. i always go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Great food and very good service. The food was fresh and very healthy. Probably one of the best meals of my vacation to California.Special Features:
- CristinaDined on 7/26/2014Our first time here with our baby. They must not have read our request (window/booth for our baby) as all the window tables were full, and wouldn't give us a baby seat unless we were sitting in the middle of the busy restaurant. Food was ok... I've had bigger fish pieces (of the Fish and Chips) elsewhere; I'll have to try the tacos, as my husband thought they were pretty good/had a good variety. Overall, seemed like a fun place with a tropical touch.Special Features:
- movies and dinnerlynnieVIPDined on 7/25/2014because it is just across from the theatre is the only reason to go, but it is very mediocre.
- wonderful, birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/24/2014husband and i went to celebrate his birthday. we had a few beer and enjoyed wonderful apps (calamari, poke), and truly - we had enough to food to end right there. everything was wonderful except one negative: our dinner came out too quickly, like 10 minutes after our apps. so once it arrived, we had to shift modes and hurry up and eat our hot food and leave the apps for take home. our waitress should've held back our order, but - maybe it was may fault for not saying so to her. we love PC, and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To bad- had potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Unlike other reviews - had great friendly service. Very accommodating, helpful and great drinks. Food was a big disappointment. Looked good, priced good for happy hour but not great flavor... Had leftovers and didn't want to take it home. Won't be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our "after the movie" early dinner here. We were seated in the back room which is quieter than the front where the bar is. Our server was excellent, answering questions and promptly bringing us appetizers. The food was excellent as well. I ordered the Ahi Tuna Salad and it was was as good as all the other times I've ordered it. Others in our party enjoyed their meals (Fish & Chips and Grilled Salmon Sandwich) too. We'll return.Special Features:
- Great MenugigandpatDined on 7/19/2014The menu presented plenty of excellent choices for either a full meal or sandwiches. There were also many starters to choose from. There was no wait for our table and the service was excellent and the food delivered in a very timely manner. The food presentation was unique and very pleasing.Special Features: