Pacific Catch Mountain View
545 San Antonio Rd
Mountain View, CA 94040Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch Mountain View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 6509411810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-F 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: David Gingrass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacific Catch offers take-out party platters.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi private dining room available for events.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Tarumi 6509411810
A word from Pacific Catch Mountain View
Pacific Catch Mountain View, located in The Village at San Antonio Center is a modern, comfortable, West Coast Fish House where friends and family gather to enjoy fresh seafood dishes inspired by flavors from the Pacific Rim. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature the freshest "catch of the day," served in a variety of styles from around the Pacific. Other menu items include Asian Rice Bowls, Meal-size Salads, Sushi Rolls, Fish and Chips and starters including our popular Hawaiian Poke and famous Cabo Calamari. Our Mountain View location also offers a large patio seating area and a full indoor/outdoor island bar. Enjoy a wide selection of wines from the New World, contemporary island cocktails or one of our many beers on tap from around the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pacific Catch Mountain View - Best Restaurants in Mountain View ›
Pacific Catch Mountain View reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (137)good for groups (89)great for lunch (84)neighborhood gem (80)fit for foodies (65)kid-friendly (39)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (35)special occasion (30)great for brunch (21)late-night find (16)romantic (15)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Silicon Valley restaurant weekKaffirDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our appetizers and entrees. The desserts were over the top, too large and too sweet. I simply enjoyed my cioppino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Effort but disappointinglazybeeDined on 10/15/2014We came on first day of restaurant week and got the prix fix. The food items were not as promised, they ran out of sourdough bowls within an hour. The cioppino has no crab as promised in the menu. The other entrees were decent but nothing special. The service however was great although apologetic for the delays from the increased diners for restaurant week. Would probably not opt to come here in future on my own but would not refuse to come again if a group of friends decided to dine here.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I took my significant other Her for our anniversary dinner date. The food was good. Some items were a little hit and miss (ahi salad- too much wasabi). We loved the shrimp ceviche. Would like to try more items. A good place to eat and try for something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PC - Mountain ViewSarahLDined on 10/8/2014I wanted to go here, since I heard it was great! I thought it was very good because of the service staff but food is "good". Wine list was not notable, but I had a cab that was good.Special Features:
- Poor serviceLocaldinerVIPDined on 10/5/2014Second time going there and the service was even slower than the first time. Understaffed. It took a while to get anything or the waiter's attention.
- FoodFiendDined on 10/4/2014Great date night, the fish was super fresh and the service was fantastic. Great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Kid FriendlyFoodieDined on 10/4/2014They are great about bringing out the kid food immediately. It's a solid chain restaurant. The hostess was very mindful of our toddlers and gave us the option to sit away from a very loud table of sports fans. It was our 2nd time and it's definitely on our rotation of kid approved places.Special Features:
- nice place to meet friendschrisb915Dined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed wonderful salads, truly flavorful thai bowl with salmon , a great fish and chips with sweet potato fries, this was friendly place for us ( two couples) to begin a great evening. Friendly attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Catch Mountain ViewchipmunchDined on 9/28/2014Food, service and ambiance was great, but the noise level pegged the red line on my hearing. Inventive menu, nicely decorated. I'll be back, but they really should try to lower the noise level.Special Features:
- Right menu, shaky executionMinnamsVIPDined on 9/28/2014We've eaten at Pacific Catch three times before this. The menu is really interesting, and some of the items are always well-done--the drinks, the rice bowls, the specials, the poke. But this time around, the sushi rolls were awful --cold, soggy rice--and the service has always, always been distracted and spotty and all over the place. The restaurant is very weirdly laid out too, unlike the other fancy chain restaurant next door, Paul Martin's.Special Features:
- Great to catch up with friendsLAHSVIPDined on 9/22/2014We met to celebrate three birthdays on a Monday in hopes of a fairly quiet night to catch up with friends in a casual place. Pacific Catch fulfilled the requirements perfectly! We had a somewhat secluded table, our server, Nicole, picked up on our need to converse and served us very well. The diverse menu offered something for everyone and the wine list was also diverse and well thought out. All four of us enjoyed our choices; my rice bowl, served with half veggies, was unusual and delicious - the tuna cooked perfectly. My husband really enjoyed the ahi poke as did one friend. The friend who ordered the fish tacos remarked that they were good, but not exceptional. Finally, the prices were sensible. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade C- this time!SweetPepsiDined on 9/21/2014I love this place and will go back, BUT... I was very disappointed this time. The reception area really needed sweeping. Kinda a bit of a turn off upon entering the restaurant and it remained that way until I left. Items on the menu unavailable. I had friends visiting from out of state who specifically asked me to select a restaurant where they could choose from a variety of fish. While disappointed that the first choices were unavailable, the food was delicious. Waiter seemed disinterested.Special Features:
- Not a Traditional Seafood RestauranOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Pacific Catch was good, but it was somewhat atypical. They kind of remind me of a fancy Chipoltle - specialize in healthy rice bowls and tacos. Not a wide variety of plated entrees that are feature some type of seafood, vegetables and starch. The meal was good, but I wouldn't go there if you wanted a fillet of fish, crab legs or lobster. Scott's Seafood would be more apropos for that kind of meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Someplace newJas21Dined on 9/16/2014Coming from out of the area it was nerve wracking to visit a brand new restaurant. Our expectations were low after the drive up to mountain view. But arriving to the location the shopping center was modern and new. The restaurant not only looked promising on the outside but also on the inside. We were making a trip to celebrate a birthday and our service and food were truly fantastic. The birthday desert was unbelievable. I am truly happy we made the decision to stop at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh fishWinedaddysrVIPDined on 9/16/2014I've had several lunches and a few dinners at this Asian inspired seafood restaurant. The fish is always fresh with an interesting preparation.Special Features:
- Modern ambiance and great food.PokewomanDined on 9/13/2014I've had lunch and dinner here in the past 2 weeks and came away happy both times. For lunch I tried a rice bowl with 2 different approaches to poke and liked them both. It was quiet and we had a wonderful server who was attentive and thoughtful. For dinner we tried both the prawn and rib appetizers and loved them. Our main meals were excellent. My fish was as tender as could be and my fellow diners seemed to have enjoyed their fish and chips with oysters and shrimp. We had dinner reservations and were seated immediately. However, it was a Saturday night and was very popular and crowded making it very noisy and difficult to hear my dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for improvementSWoodDined on 9/12/2014Waiter was overwhelmed, food just ok. The order didn't come out together and they were missing one meal. Manager apologized, but need to be able to handle big crowd.Special Features:
- JackieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great casual choice for families or couples. Fresh seafood salad and veggies options or small plates to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal with a friendPattieDined on 9/11/2014We ate on the patio, good food, good service. An enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Good service, plenty of choicesJsinputDined on 9/10/2014Late lunch so we could visit. Service great, fish fresh, served many ways. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Not all fishJustaRegularPersonDined on 9/9/2014This was our second time at this restaurant, and it was just as good as the first time. Everything is made fresh, and you can tell. Very flavorful, well seasoned food. We had the Mahi Mahi tacos, but the kids had a steak teriyaki bowl. We also had some sushi and poke. The waitstaff was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Our waitress was even able to give us some great suggestions for sharing. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Rockin' Rice BowlHermansDined on 9/9/2014I am addicted to the Korean Rice Bowl with brown rice and "greens"! Amazing and so big I take the rest home for lunch the next day! The bar is great and part of the outdoor seating ~ perfect for warm nights, but there's a cozy firepit and heat lamps if the wind picks up.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceTzipiDined on 9/8/2014The staff is very attentive and the service is very good. The food isn't consistent, though. I had something last week that I loved. I ordered it again last night and it was only fair. Too bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014Rice bowls were OK. Spicy poke was great. Had a reservation, arrived 10min early, ended up being seated 20min AFTER reservation time.
- OMG! Mmmmm delicious!SweetPepsiDined on 9/4/2014There were so many notable things about our experience at Pacific Catch, I will try to narrow them down to the top 4. Our waitress Kaylee was fantastic. She was knowledgeable about the menu and offered options based on our questions and preferences. She's one of the best waitresses EVER! The ambiance of the restaurant is beautiful, comfortable and inviting. Now the reason we were there, the FOOD!!! How each dish was presented was beautiful and artful. How did the food taste - simply divine! The Korean Sticky Ribs are the best! The Vietnamese Sandwich full of flavor! The Hawaiian Poke was wonderful. Sushi Grade Ahi was dddelicioius! Already made reservation for next visit. I loved the booths - had a sense of privacy. Grrreat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingPeterRIADined on 9/3/2014One of the best restaurants in the South Bay. Loved the fish tacos. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The waiters are nice , but I don`t like when keep asking "Are you still working on that".Feels like we should eat fast and leave ASAPSpecial Features:
- If you like fish...JoanneDined on 9/1/2014They serve different types of poke which we really liked. Nice variety in food. Casual, pleasant atmosphere. Waiter was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like I was on vacationStraycatDined on 9/1/2014Took the outdoor seating on the patio. There was a nice cool breeze and lots of shade. Food was great and tasted very fresh, which is important for a seafood restaurant. They have a large assortment of different dishes from places that the Pacific Ocean touches. You will find Asian fusion, Mexican fusion, and American fusion foods here.Special Features:
- OkSSPaVIPDined on 8/30/2014I'm sure great if you love 'Island' style Fish - Poke etc. As for "regular" seafood, it's jusk okay. Priced on high side. Not crowded but took while to get food. Friends not impressed. Not restaurant to 'go out of your way' for. Heard fish & chips great, but didn't have.Special Features:
- Lovely, fresh seafoodPickyEaterDined on 8/29/2014We came here for dinner to celebrate a special occasion and were pleased with both the food and the service. It was too loud to really have a quiet conversation, but the noise was festive and happy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and so-soBibboDined on 8/24/2014Our service was pretty good; if we had to wait too long the Waiter came over to apologize and said it would be soon. Coffee was awful- neat idea w our own pots, but soooo weak. No body to it ay all. Main courses were fantastic; all 6 really enjoyed their meals. Dessert- not so; bread pudding was rubbery and tasteless. Cherry pie ice-cream was made w maraschino cherries? Really? Too sweet. Maybe pie cherries.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMochiDined on 8/23/2014Love the Trio Poke and the Korean ribs. The black cod was very tasty too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/23/2014Not bad, not great. Just so-so experience in general. For the price (not exorbitant but not cheap either), I'd expect the service to be a lot better.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodluvrDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit to Pacific Catch. The food was as great as the first time and the wait staff equally attentive. We will be back!Special Features:
- FoodieLindaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great appetizers! Love the fresh fish. Nice outdoor seating. The shrimp ceviche is YUMMY!Special Features:
- Fun PlaceCkm12Dined on 8/22/2014Went here for the first time with some coworkers and had a great time. Was even treated with a dessert with a candle for my birthday! Food is delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Catch!BeckyDined on 8/17/2014Excellent albeit limited seafood menu with fun sides. Ambiance fun and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Catch Mountain ViewJohncDined on 8/17/2014This was a great find. Food was good, prices were moderate, service was great. We ate outside so it was very good for conversation. We will definitely go back or try one of their other locations. We didn't see any kids there but it certainly would be ok to bring them.Special Features:
- Food, service good; noisy at nightMangiaBeneDined on 8/16/2014I went twice recently - both lunch and dinner. The food was good (better at lunch!), and the service very good both times. There were three ladies at lunch, and we went a little late - 1:00. We all enjoyed our meals, especially the salmon chowder. It wasn't terribly crowded and we were able to have good conversation. When we went to dinner (two couples) on a Saturday evening, it was so noisy in the main dining room that we all had to shout. (The "energetic" choice for noise level annoys me, because I think it should say "too noisy to talk.")Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.