Pacific Catch Mountain View
545 San Antonio Rd
Mountain View, CA 94040Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch Mountain View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 6509411810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-F 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: David Gingrass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacific Catch offers take-out party platters.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi private dining room available for events.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Tarumi 6509411810
A word from Pacific Catch Mountain View
Pacific Catch Mountain View, located in The Village at San Antonio Center is a modern, comfortable, West Coast Fish House where friends and family gather to enjoy fresh seafood dishes inspired by flavors from the Pacific Rim. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature the freshest "catch of the day," served in a variety of styles from around the Pacific. Other menu items include Asian Rice Bowls, Meal-size Salads, Sushi Rolls, Fish and Chips and starters including our popular Hawaiian Poke and famous Cabo Calamari. Our Mountain View location also offers a large patio seating area and a full indoor/outdoor island bar. Enjoy a wide selection of wines from the New World, contemporary island cocktails or one of our many beers on tap from around the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pacific Catch Mountain View - Best Restaurants in Mountain View ›
Pacific Catch Mountain View reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (157)great for lunch (102)good for groups (96)neighborhood gem (93)fit for foodies (77)kid-friendly (46)special occasion (44)vibrant bar scene (43)hot spot (40)great for brunch (29)late-night find (17)romantic (16)notable wine list (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- Someplace newOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Coming from out of the area it was nerve wracking to visit a brand new restaurant. Our expectations were low after the drive up to mountain view. But arriving to the location the shopping center was modern and new. The restaurant not only looked promising on the outside but also on the inside. We were making a trip to celebrate a birthday and our service and food were truly fantastic. The birthday desert was unbelievable. I am truly happy we made the decision to stop at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern ambiance and great food.PokewomanDined on 9/13/2014I've had lunch and dinner here in the past 2 weeks and came away happy both times. For lunch I tried a rice bowl with 2 different approaches to poke and liked them both. It was quiet and we had a wonderful server who was attentive and thoughtful. For dinner we tried both the prawn and rib appetizers and loved them. Our main meals were excellent. My fish was as tender as could be and my fellow diners seemed to have enjoyed their fish and chips with oysters and shrimp. We had dinner reservations and were seated immediately. However, it was a Saturday night and was very popular and crowded making it very noisy and difficult to hear my dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for improvementSWoodDined on 9/12/2014Waiter was overwhelmed, food just ok. The order didn't come out together and they were missing one meal. Manager apologized, but need to be able to handle big crowd.Special Features:
- JackieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great casual choice for families or couples. Fresh seafood salad and veggies options or small plates to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal with a friendPattieDined on 9/11/2014We ate on the patio, good food, good service. An enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Good service, plenty of choicesJsinputDined on 9/10/2014Late lunch so we could visit. Service great, fish fresh, served many ways. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Not all fishJustaRegularPersonDined on 9/9/2014This was our second time at this restaurant, and it was just as good as the first time. Everything is made fresh, and you can tell. Very flavorful, well seasoned food. We had the Mahi Mahi tacos, but the kids had a steak teriyaki bowl. We also had some sushi and poke. The waitstaff was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Our waitress was even able to give us some great suggestions for sharing. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Rockin' Rice BowlHermansDined on 9/9/2014I am addicted to the Korean Rice Bowl with brown rice and "greens"! Amazing and so big I take the rest home for lunch the next day! The bar is great and part of the outdoor seating ~ perfect for warm nights, but there's a cozy firepit and heat lamps if the wind picks up.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceTzipiDined on 9/8/2014The staff is very attentive and the service is very good. The food isn't consistent, though. I had something last week that I loved. I ordered it again last night and it was only fair. Too bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014Rice bowls were OK. Spicy poke was great. Had a reservation, arrived 10min early, ended up being seated 20min AFTER reservation time.
- OMG! Mmmmm delicious!SweetPepsiDined on 9/4/2014There were so many notable things about our experience at Pacific Catch, I will try to narrow them down to the top 4. Our waitress Kaylee was fantastic. She was knowledgeable about the menu and offered options based on our questions and preferences. She's one of the best waitresses EVER! The ambiance of the restaurant is beautiful, comfortable and inviting. Now the reason we were there, the FOOD!!! How each dish was presented was beautiful and artful. How did the food taste - simply divine! The Korean Sticky Ribs are the best! The Vietnamese Sandwich full of flavor! The Hawaiian Poke was wonderful. Sushi Grade Ahi was dddelicioius! Already made reservation for next visit. I loved the booths - had a sense of privacy. Grrreat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingPeterRIADined on 9/3/2014One of the best restaurants in the South Bay. Loved the fish tacos. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The waiters are nice , but I don`t like when keep asking "Are you still working on that".Feels like we should eat fast and leave ASAPSpecial Features:
- If you like fish...JoanneDined on 9/1/2014They serve different types of poke which we really liked. Nice variety in food. Casual, pleasant atmosphere. Waiter was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like I was on vacationStraycatDined on 9/1/2014Took the outdoor seating on the patio. There was a nice cool breeze and lots of shade. Food was great and tasted very fresh, which is important for a seafood restaurant. They have a large assortment of different dishes from places that the Pacific Ocean touches. You will find Asian fusion, Mexican fusion, and American fusion foods here.Special Features:
- OkSSPaVIPDined on 8/30/2014I'm sure great if you love 'Island' style Fish - Poke etc. As for "regular" seafood, it's jusk okay. Priced on high side. Not crowded but took while to get food. Friends not impressed. Not restaurant to 'go out of your way' for. Heard fish & chips great, but didn't have.Special Features:
- Lovely, fresh seafoodPickyEaterDined on 8/29/2014We came here for dinner to celebrate a special occasion and were pleased with both the food and the service. It was too loud to really have a quiet conversation, but the noise was festive and happy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and so-soBibboDined on 8/24/2014Our service was pretty good; if we had to wait too long the Waiter came over to apologize and said it would be soon. Coffee was awful- neat idea w our own pots, but soooo weak. No body to it ay all. Main courses were fantastic; all 6 really enjoyed their meals. Dessert- not so; bread pudding was rubbery and tasteless. Cherry pie ice-cream was made w maraschino cherries? Really? Too sweet. Maybe pie cherries.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMochiDined on 8/23/2014Love the Trio Poke and the Korean ribs. The black cod was very tasty too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/23/2014Not bad, not great. Just so-so experience in general. For the price (not exorbitant but not cheap either), I'd expect the service to be a lot better.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodluvrDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit to Pacific Catch. The food was as great as the first time and the wait staff equally attentive. We will be back!Special Features:
- FoodieLindaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great appetizers! Love the fresh fish. Nice outdoor seating. The shrimp ceviche is YUMMY!Special Features:
- Fun PlaceCkm12Dined on 8/22/2014Went here for the first time with some coworkers and had a great time. Was even treated with a dessert with a candle for my birthday! Food is delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Catch!BeckyDined on 8/17/2014Excellent albeit limited seafood menu with fun sides. Ambiance fun and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Catch Mountain ViewJohncDined on 8/17/2014This was a great find. Food was good, prices were moderate, service was great. We ate outside so it was very good for conversation. We will definitely go back or try one of their other locations. We didn't see any kids there but it certainly would be ok to bring them.Special Features:
- Food, service good; noisy at nightMangiaBeneDined on 8/16/2014I went twice recently - both lunch and dinner. The food was good (better at lunch!), and the service very good both times. There were three ladies at lunch, and we went a little late - 1:00. We all enjoyed our meals, especially the salmon chowder. It wasn't terribly crowded and we were able to have good conversation. When we went to dinner (two couples) on a Saturday evening, it was so noisy in the main dining room that we all had to shout. (The "energetic" choice for noise level annoys me, because I think it should say "too noisy to talk.")Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!AlwaysEatingOutDined on 8/15/2014Lovely setting and ambience for a girls night out. We had a table outside on a warm summer evening which was perfect. Great food, service and affordable prices. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EstherBibboDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service both days salmon sandwich was fav Brownie dessert to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon summer saladboringDined on 8/14/2014Food was disappointing. Salmon was dry, beans were totally raw, potatoes were blah. Plates were attractive, but that was about allSpecial Features:
- trust the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014Had Virgilio as our waiter (party of 3). Everything he suggested was delicious. The one thing we got which he hadn't suggested was not as good. He happily replaced it with something else (even insisted). Total recommend.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining spacemvdenizenDined on 8/8/2014If you decide to dine at Pacific Catch in Mountain View, enjoy the outdoor dining space and the festive ambiance. Service is quick and friendly. The food, in a word, is "meh." Everything was good but not great. We had the poke trio: the original, the Californian, and the special salmon poke. Everything was well prepared, but nothing out of the ordinary (I've definitely had better poke). The spicy tuna roll was again, just okay. It tasted fine, but not better than a spicy tuna roll from a good sushi place. The salmon salad was the most disappointing. The salmon filet looked like it was press-formed (think tyson's chicken breasts) and pre-cooked and reheated. Other elements of the salad were fresh. If you like seafood, go to Sam's.Special Features:
- Nice for lunchtheatergoerDined on 8/8/2014I took a friend to Pacific Catch for lunch. We sat outside on the patio and it was very nice. We each enjoyed a rice bowl. They are very large so we both took half home for lunch the next day. The food was nice. The Thai curry bowl was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014the quality of food has gone way down. We had salads with chicken which were with lettuce that was covered with too much dressing. not as good as it was a few weeks ago
- The black cod special was fresh.foodieladyDined on 8/6/2014We were seated promptly. Server was courteous. The place was a bit loud. We sat across the bar. The entrees were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to neighborhoodeatlocalDined on 8/5/2014Good choice for low key evening. Fresh flavorful seafood in various price ranges.Special Features:
- Catch the Pacific in Mountain ViewDevErnLAHVIPDined on 8/5/2014We love this place-- great food, excellent menu, friendly servers and cooks. Super value for the money in a trendy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- etknoxVIPDined on 8/2/2014Awesome. The food was fresh and delicious and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Stop at the appetizersgatoDined on 7/30/2014The indoors noise level is unbelivable, fortunately we were seated outdoors. Service was wonderful, and the poke fantastic. I wish we had stopped there: the entrees were bland, my black cod was very overcooked and the sauce too cloying. Drinks are very good.Special Features:
- barry3Dined on 7/28/2014Service was very good. The rice and vegetable and fish dishes were excellent Pacific rim food. The MaiTai was the best I tasted in a long time. Also went with a group from work and the buffet they gave us was filling. The happy hour starters were extensive and inexpensive for the amount of food you get.Special Features:
- OK Food + Terrible ServiceNotAFanDined on 7/25/2014The food was not bad, but the service was very disappointing. Within 5 minutes of arriving at the restaurant, my girlfriend had sauce spilled on her and I was hit in the eye by the hostess. The service was incredibly slow and we were practically ignored when trying to get someones attention. I would probably order out from this restaurant, but likely wont dine in again.Special Features: