721 Grand Ave
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Beach Alehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pbalehouse.com/
- Phone: 8585812337x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 9:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Eric Sarkisian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pacific Beach Alehouse features live entertainment on just about every night. Please check our website for further details.
We offer a wide variety of savory handcrafted burgers, flatbreads, and signature dishes. We brew over 10 signature beers on site and use our own brews in many of our dressings, sauces, batters and even desserts. We feature three separate dining areas, each with its own unique atmosphere. You can sip a cold refreshing beer on our Sky Deck while enjoying the unparalleled views of Crystal Pier and the Pacific Ocean, or you can cozy up to the fire pit on our patio. Inside you can relax with your friends at our brewers table adjacent to our microbrewery. No matter where you choose to dine, you can catch the game on one of our 19 high definition flat-screens or catch up with friends or email using our free WiFi.
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
- GTAMPastorVIPDined on 9/29/2014The setting is great. The staff were all very friendly and polite. The food took a long time to come and and when it did, mine was a little on the cold side and just average to me...bacon cheeseburger and fries. My wife really enjoyed her food though and said it was hot... fried shrimp and fries. Maybe just caught them on a bad day, we were told they just had a shift change.
- Nice view and Good FoodDolophinMama831Dined on 9/26/2014We selected to sit upstairs, with a view of the beach. The glass walls are higher enough to keep any chilly breezes out. My friend ordered a flight of beer and the waitress also bought her a taste of the 6th one they had on tap. She ordered everything lobster and I had a bratwurst on pretzel bread. Both were excellent. The sweet potato fries were cold, so she bought us a new order. The only problem one could have is finding parking. We were lucky since it was late September and a Thursday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time again at PB Ale HouseSeanVIPDined on 9/19/2014I always have a great time here. The roof deck is really beautiful and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise findtncookinDined on 9/13/2014We were expecting typical bar food and mediocre service, but were surprised with delicious, creative food and a waitress who was friendly, quick to assess our needs and very patient with us. We will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014When we arrived at 6:30 for our reservation, we were told that all reservations had been cancelled due to a football game. While I understand they did not anticipate getting as busy as they did, I would have appreciated a phone call so we could have made alternate dinner plans. We had 2 children who were very hungry and I was upset with the lack of care to keep us informed. I have always loved dining at Pacific Beach Alehouse, which is why I was so disappointed when we were unable to stay there after looking forward to it all day.
- Great View - Great FooddodgerloverVIPDined on 8/24/2014A perfect place to go if you want good food and you want to be close to the water. The view from the upper deck can't be beat and the food is really good with lots of different choices. Will absolutely go back.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Pacific Beach Alehouse reviews archive.
- Great for a large group!ShrehaDined on 6/6/2014I went here with 25 people on Saturday for brunch. It was pretty packed but they were able to create a large table for all of us. The service was great - they kept bringing us mimosas one after the other and made sure we were taken care of. They were even willing to split the bill for us! The food was decent. Nothing to rave about, but it was pretty good all the same. Ambiance is dive-y and right next to the beach. Pretty fun and casual overall!Special Features:
- Great beer and food but loudVTDogsterDined on 5/15/2014We made a reservation on OpenTable and were seated on time. The beer list covered a good range of ales, from Pale to Porter to IPA. I had the Pale and Porter and both were very good. The food, mahi, was awesome. The service was very good too. The one negative is that we were seated at a table near some very obnoxious people at the outdoor bar. They were just drunk and left others alone, but it was annoying. Everyone else was fine, though it was still loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, service a little slowJoeFDined on 5/11/2014Upon arrival we were promptly seated. Wait staff started off pretty good getting our drink orders but then things slowed down a little and it took a while to place our food order. One appetizer was comped because they forgot to bring it before our meal arrived (it arrived after). My wife asked for a diet coke, waited for ever and had to ask for it again. They were not that busy either and they seemed to have enough staff. Nothing major though waitresses just needed a little more focus. I will say that from the greeter, to the security guard to the wait staff, everyone was pleasant.Special Features:
- Craft Beer & Great FoodAngelicDined on 4/26/2014First visit, we enjoyed every bit of the experience... The staff was inviting and the food was great... We commented on the Craft Beer and the Brew Master came out to thank us personally. Awesome place.Special Features:
- 20th bdayMichelleDined on 4/9/2014We went here to celebrate my son's 20th Birthday (April 9th) and had a great time. Not a lot of parking and we really wanted to be on the roof deck, but there wasn't any room to put two tables together when we were there - there were six of us. The restaurant is a block off the water, but you can still see the water and the beautiful sunset. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports BarGr8EatsDined on 4/5/2014It's in a great location, but it really is more about the bar and sports than it is about the dining experience. It's really loud so having conversations is very difficult in groups more than 4. The food was pretty good, some plates better than others. I'd consider going again for more of a drinking evening as opposed to a dining evening.Special Features:
- Absolutely No Parking!!MaryKenVIPDined on 4/4/2014You can drive around and around and not find any open parking spaces. The place was unbelievably crowded. There was a guy at the door checking IDs.Special Features:
- Return visit under the starsAlDeepCreekDined on 3/27/2014Chose a rooftop patio table under the stars during March Madness with San Diego State playing Arizona. Great crowd - lots of fun. None of my guests were basketball fans but loved the setting and the food. Special commendation on the crab and lobster wrap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday SpecialsAlDeepCreekDined on 3/25/2014Dined on the rooftop patio on a Tuesday evening. $3 well drinks and inexpensive appetizers led to an evening of grazing. Our party liked it so much, I had to take them back on Thurs nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game dayDougDined on 3/8/2014We went to the ale house to watch a basketball game .The Ale house was very loud as you might expect from a busy bar . Too my surprise the service and food was good. They were helpful in locating our fame on a tv directly in front of our table and the waitress was very attentive, despite being very busy. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great view, alright food.jlem28Dined on 1/10/2014We had made the reservations through OpenTable requesting an upstairs patio table and we got there and they said they don't even do reservations for the Patio Deck and all the good seats were taken. The place is very cool and it's right on the beach, however the food was just okay; I got their classic burger and my boyfriend got their BBQ sandwich and we were both not very thrilled with the results. However, we did get try a few of their beers and they were all great! Not sure if we will ever make it back, we are from north county and the drive doesn't seem worth it to us.Special Features:
- Lots of TVs and great forSP27Dined on 1/4/2014Lots of TVs and great for watching sports. Food is better than the average sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for beer, not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013good for beer, not so great for food, small selection.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the mealJeannieDined on 1/6/2013We really enjoyed the meal and the view. Weather was just right for sitting up top outside.Special Features:
- Had dinner on a Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012Had dinner on a Saturday night and it wasn't overly crowded. Food was good, the house beers were nothing special but drinkable, server was very friendly, and the seating upstairs has a great view.Special Features:
- For casual dining, a fun experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012For casual dining, a fun experience. We sat in the open seating upstairs on the roof. The servers seem to have larger sections, and aren't as attentive as I'd hope, but I still enjoyed my experience, my mother did too (went for Mother's Day).Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012Fantastic craft beer. The brewmaster is terrific. He sat at our table and talked to us about troubleshooting Dad's home brew and walked us through his own process. Excellent service and accommodated out Mother's Day group of 17 easily. Location can't be beat. Very kid-friendly during the day and I'm sure it's hopping at night.Special Features:
- I was looking for a pub withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012I was looking for a pub with decent food and this restaurant seemed to fit the bill. They were in between brewers and didn't have any of their own beer. The food was good but not great. The restaurant turns into a nightclub on weekends around 10pm. Definately a nightclub/bar goer type of crowd.Special Features:
- Drinks and beers were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2012Drinks and beers were great. Food was good. Servers were helpful and accommodating. The only downfall was the very loud music for an almost empty bar, and the very loud table on the roof/patio. And apparently smoking on the roof/patio in San Diego is still allowed which was not appetizing while eating. (Compared to the no smoking laws in SF.)Special Features:
- I received a phone call fromlaraDined on 12/8/2011I received a phone call from reservations informing me that I couldn't have an indoor booth due to a restuarant event, which was fine. It was nice of them to let me know, although the call came barely an hour before my reservation. They were out of a beer I wanted, but the recommended substitute was an awesome choice. I brought a friend in town from the East Coast, who was impressed by food, atmosphere, locale, affordable prices. Great Pacific Beach brewery and I will definitely come back. The pasta with vodka sauce was delicious.Special Features: