468 Fore St
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paciarino.com/
- Phone: 2077743500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sat: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tue-Sat: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enrico Barbiero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call 207-774-3500
- Special Events: Paciarino is availably for private events. Please call for details - (207) 774-3500.
A word from Paciarino
Welcome to Paciarino, an authentic Italian dining experience where fresh pastas and sauces are made daily. Paciarino was opened in December of 2008 by Fabiana De Savino and Enrico Barbiero. They decided to move their family from Milano to Maine to start a new chapter in their lives and to bring authentic Italian cuisine to the Old Port. Since their opening they have been written up in the Boston Globe, The Phoenix, Portland Magazine, and numerous online periodicals all raving about the Paciarino dining experience. Fabiana and Enrico would like to invite you to stop by 468 Fore Street in Portland so you can experience it for yourself. Come in to sit and eat in the restaurant or just take some to go! A Presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paciarino reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (25)notable wine list (24)romantic (23)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- pasta onlyDAveSDined on 10/19/2014tasty but QUITE overpriced . Also, open table would not let us book for 8:00, only 7:30 or 8:30. We took a chance and arrived at 8:10 and there was only one table occupied-the rest of the restaurant was empty!
- Great experience!TomWDined on 10/19/2014This was my first visit to Paciarino, having heard lots of good things about it. Everything about it was first rate. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Our server was very knowledgeable and very personable. The food was excellent! I will look forward to returning there the next time I'm in Portland.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!DogsandfrogsDined on 10/19/2014The food, service, and ambience are always reliably fantastic at Paciarino. We highly recommend it to anyone in search of authentic Italian food. Be sure to make a reservation for "prime time" dining as they do fill up on weekends.Special Features:
- Made dailyslp317Dined on 10/14/2014I went to Paciarino for dinner on Tuesday. The wine selection was limited but adequate and there aren't many salad choices, but the pasta and ambiance were so amazing I couldn't give this any less than 5 stars. You could tell the ravioli had a lot of love behind it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014First time visitors, excellent meal, very good service. Ample portions and waitress knowledgeable about the dishes.Special Features:
- PerfectoMmmmmDined on 10/10/2014This is an amazing and cozy place. The food is exceptional, the service friendly but not overbearing, and the prices reasonable. All in all, we left fat and happy!Special Features:
- Homemade PastaBillyGDined on 10/8/2014If you like soft, homemade pasta with terrific sauces not overdone, this is the place for you. Plus, there are great Italian wines reasonably priced. It's a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!SchickchDined on 10/4/2014Visited Paciarino on a weekend visit before the Portland Maine Marathon for some carb loading. The meal was amazing and the overall experiebce perfect! Everything was so fresh and delicious. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Marathon Pasta DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The homemade pasta at this place is divine. The pumpkin raviolis were out of this world delicious. Then they give you a half liter carafe of house wine for 10$. Spectacular quality of food and wine for the price you pay.Special Features:
- Continued ExcellancetommytutoneDined on 10/3/2014What can I say my favorite resturant in Portland and my favorite resturant period. I recommend the Ragu de Tonno with a glass of the Lamuri Nero. My wife's go to dish is the Lobster Pasta available on Fridays. Finish with the Boca Devino. You can't miss.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian Pasta ResaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/28/2014Delicious pasta, fresh salads, nice wine list. We were lucky enough to have traveled to Italy last year and this brought back great memories. The goat cheese ravioli and the bolognese are recommended. Fresh Caprese salad was easily shared and delicious. I love Sangiovese and they had a really nice one by the glass. A delicious meal at a good price. Diners should know that it's pretty much pasta only (no meat or fish entrees). But if you love pasta, you will be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!me2flVIPDined on 9/24/2014Small restaurant, limited menu....but BIG on freshness and flavor. Homemade Italian pasta raviolis, goat cheese (yum) and spinach and ricotta. Both wonderful. The meal starts with a plate of cubed bread drizzled in olive oil, wine pours were substantial. Caprese salad large enough for two. Meal portions were plentiful, even enough to take home. Service wasn't hurried, a wonderful gem in the many good eateries of Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian FoodFlavorfulFoodFanaticDined on 9/22/2014I love Paciarinos. The food is true italian - very fresh pasta and their sauces are outstanding - always light and flavorful, never heavy or over-spiced. The service is prompt, friendly and helpful. I have been to Paciarinos for lunch and dinner many times and I have never been disappointed. I would recommend Paciarinos to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...circlerouteDined on 9/21/2014Dark, noisy and pretty bad service. That being said, I'd go back for sure, the ravioli was great and the bolognese was phenomenal and overall pretty light for pasta. Seemed like the service varied a lot but I doubt that the food would!Special Features:
- Classic Cozy, Friendly ItalianmenemshaDined on 9/20/2014I grew up outside New Haven, CT and have been looking for something, in Portland, similar to what you might find back on Wooster Street in the Elm City. Paciarino did not disappoint and my only regret is not finding it sooner (we've lived in the area just over 4 years now). It is a casual neighborhood kind of place, with a no nonsense look and an open view to the kitchen; Nothing hidden here! A bit noisey, so expect that, but the pasta was outstanding, lot's of "mmmm"s. The menu is a very much pasta-centric so don't expect too much outside else (other than appetizers). BTW the cheese plate appetizer is outstanding. Paciarino is on our "regular" list now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian pasta dishesisobarDined on 9/20/2014There aren't a ton of choices on this menu, but then again, you didn't sign up to go to the Cheesecake Factory now did you? The pasta's made fresh daily and my Fusillii Al Ragu' Di Tonno seemed perfectly toothsome. They made it a little spicier than normal upon my request when I ordered, I'm told, but I haven't had it there before to be sure it was any different. But I like spicy and I liked this version. The server said you could substitute the traditional tomato sauce for things topped with bolognese sauce, since I don't eat beef, which opened up more options (and hard choices!). My husband had the lasagne and it may well have been his first time having "legit" lasagne with bechamel instead of ricotta and he is a convert!Special Features:
- Nice choicehankmarkDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent and the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianLissielicksDined on 9/20/2014I went with a party of 4. Acoustics a little challenging, but otherwise liked the ambience. I had the special- pieces of lobster mixed with tomatoe served over squid ink angel hair pasta. I ate the whole thing! Could have a few bigger pieces of lobster meat, but otherwise very tasty. Highly recommend the house 1/2 L wine. Light but fruity and a bargain for the price. Others with me had goat cheese ravioli- it was delicious, too. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING foodMarisaDined on 9/15/2014Food here is amazing. Pasta made fresh on-site. Everything from the bread to the olive oil to the pasta to the desserts is just delicious. I am fairly picky when it comes to food - it's hard to really impress me - but Paciarino does.Special Features:
- Yummy1Dined on 9/12/2014Sauce was very ordinary. Not up to Portland standards.
- Great pasta.hjmxDined on 9/9/2014Great pasta. Limited menu. Which was ok, still enough to choose from in the way of pasta dishes. Homey comfortable feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItChupaDined on 9/7/2014Great service/Great food. We were going to an event in Portland and this was taken into consideration with the delivery of our food. Our waitress was fun and informed us of specials. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pastaJRo150VIPDined on 9/6/2014Paciarino has a great concept - other than a few antipasti, the menu consists entirely of homemade pasta with fresh, homemade sauces. The portions are generous and the prices, while a bit high, are not unreasonable for the quality of the pasta prepared. The wine list is small but many good selections are available by the glass. The service was particularly friendly and accommodating. All in all a great place to go for a casual meal.Special Features:
- another amazing dining experienceCHRISMPARKERVIPDined on 9/6/2014I made reservations for 3 people, we were seated in a lovely corner in the front window. We started with a bottle of white wine and feasted on a delicious dinner. I enjoyed one of the specials of the evening, squid ink dyed pasta with lobster, it was incredible. My dining companions ordered lasagna and ravioli, both were enthusiastic when describing how they enjoyed their meals. Desert was fantastic as well. This place is a must for pasta enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Went on our anniversary while vacationing in Maine. We had an 8:30pm reserrvation. We were seated promptly. The pasta was wonderfully fresh made and cooked perfectly. The wine list was extensive. Staff was very courteous and professional. All an all an outstanding and highly reccomended dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Food was great and service was friendly but small seating area is tended to be louder than I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedChoosyMMDined on 8/30/2014Once again, I had a terrific dining experience at Paciarino. The owners greet you like someone from the old neighborhood and the waitstaff are friendly, enthusiastic about the menu and very helpful. The pace of the restaurant is not rushed and the service is attentive but relaxed. I enjoyed the Italian salad (so fresh and dressed just right) to start and then the special black pasta with sauteed lobster meat in wine and garlic - delicious! The great Italian bread drizzled with quality EVO was a fine compliment to both the salad and entree. The house wine was smooth and easy to drink - a great value for the carafe.Special Features:
- Delicious Fresh PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We started with caprese and bruschette. Both were good, but they forgot to put basil on the caprese. We brought this to our servers attention and she immediately corrected it and brought a small bowl of chopped basil. Between the 4 of us we had three different raviolis (traditional ricotta with pomodoro, goat cheese, and mushroom) and the lasagne bolognese. All were delicios and fresh and the portions were sizeable. We didn't try dessert as we were stuffed and wanted to eat gelato later. Overall it was a good experience. My only negatives - the beverage service was slow to bring my son's soda, and water refills were not timely and some things seem expensive for what they were (e.g. $14 for caprese).Special Features:
- Loved it !Jdwiggs88Dined on 8/29/2014First time in Portland and craving Italian. Food was homemade and excellent!! We even came back to buy pasta and sauce to go! Would recommend to anyone looking for a cozy setting and authentic Italian food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJ3loveVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were disappointed overall. If you are used to really good Italian food, you will be too. The pasta, while homemade, was mediocre. It was overpriced, the atmosphere was okay---very, very dim in spots---and the service was okay too. With all amazing restaurants in Portland, I would skip.
- Great serviceDivinediningDined on 8/24/2014Had a greT time..wine was greT and fresh pasta dishes..enjoyed the ambiance and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinggreatbasingirlDined on 8/21/2014On August 21, 2014 my sister & I anticipated a lovely dinner based on reviews in Down East mag & a friend. Imagine our disappointment when the meal failed to deliver. We expected the ravioli to be tender & it was tough. The tomato sauce & salads were ordinary and the house white wine was thin. Service was good. We paid our bill and gently shared our disappointment with our waitress and hostess on our way out. We cannot recommend this restaurant.
- Fresh, authentic and homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed their rustic lasagne alla bolognese, truly delicious. Fresh homemade bread with EVOO and a carafe of the house red made the meal complete. Service was suble but attentive. Would recommend for a more authentic look at Italian cruisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneryummoDined on 8/16/2014We go to Pacarino every year for our anniversary. It is romantic and the food is great. The only problem with this restaurant is its lighting. The spot lights are very dim in some areas and in others you feel like the entire restaurant is watching you. That was us on this last trip there. The spot light was on my husband and he had to squint to see me it was so bright. The waitress did turn it down for us however at one point the customers in the opposite side of the restaurant said it was too dim. So we got "spotlighted" again. Its not the worst thing in the world but its off putting when you are trying to enjoy a meal and its too bright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!DBBrooklineDined on 8/15/2014Wow, what a great restaurant. Artisan pasta, fresh crispy bread with olive oil that ranks up there with the best I've had. The food was inventive, freshly prepared and as delicious as it was described. I love the fact that we weren't rushed through our meal but at the same time, whenever we were ready to order another course, the waitress was right there. We'l be back.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Authentic Italian FoodGulfIslandPondDined on 8/10/2014I've been three separate times since 2011 and have loved it each time. The pasta and sauces (homemade regularly) are fantastic. The menu is small but has a good range for most tastes. The wine list is also rather small but good quality at a very reasonable price. I'd highly recommend Paciarino.Special Features:
- Like Dining with friendsRiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 8/9/2014Warm surroundings reminiscent of a large eat in kitchen in a country home. Fresh, authentic pastas - simple and delicious. Recommended.Special Features:
- ate there twice in one weekMposDined on 8/8/2014We were visiting Portland and our hotel recommended this restaurant. The pasta is home made, the goat cheese ravioli was very creaming and the thick red sauce was nice, the portion size was more than expected. The wait staff is knowledgable and pleasant. Was a nice change from all the lobster.Special Features:
- Very nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2014After reading reviews, I booked expecting less. We got more. The dining room is small, intimate, decorated uniquely in keeping with low-brow artistic vision. (They painted the brick walls--perhaps purely Portland?) Upscale here are the SERVICE (knowledgeable, friendly) and most importantly the FOOD. House made pasta beyond belief (we had a porcini and a goat cheese ravioli). House marinara is formidable. Salads some of the freshest I've ever had. We were greeted and treated so well. Congratulations to the Paciarino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014As advertised the pasta was excellent but the menu was limited because it only was about pasta.Special Features: