468 Fore St
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paciarino.com/
- Phone: 2077743500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sat: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tue-Sat: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enrico Barbiero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call 207-774-3500
- Special Events: Paciarino is availably for private events. Please call for details - (207) 774-3500.
A word from Paciarino
Welcome to Paciarino, an authentic Italian dining experience where fresh pastas and sauces are made daily. Paciarino was opened in December of 2008 by Fabiana De Savino and Enrico Barbiero. They decided to move their family from Milano to Maine to start a new chapter in their lives and to bring authentic Italian cuisine to the Old Port. Since their opening they have been written up in the Boston Globe, The Phoenix, Portland Magazine, and numerous online periodicals all raving about the Paciarino dining experience. Fabiana and Enrico would like to invite you to stop by 468 Fore Street in Portland so you can experience it for yourself. Come in to sit and eat in the restaurant or just take some to go! A Presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Paciarino - Best Restaurants in Portland ›
Paciarino reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (30)special occasion (24)romantic (22)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Food was great and service was friendly but small seating area is tended to be louder than I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedChoosyMMDined on 8/30/2014Once again, I had a terrific dining experience at Paciarino. The owners greet you like someone from the old neighborhood and the waitstaff are friendly, enthusiastic about the menu and very helpful. The pace of the restaurant is not rushed and the service is attentive but relaxed. I enjoyed the Italian salad (so fresh and dressed just right) to start and then the special black pasta with sauteed lobster meat in wine and garlic - delicious! The great Italian bread drizzled with quality EVO was a fine compliment to both the salad and entree. The house wine was smooth and easy to drink - a great value for the carafe.Special Features:
- Delicious Fresh PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We started with caprese and bruschette. Both were good, but they forgot to put basil on the caprese. We brought this to our servers attention and she immediately corrected it and brought a small bowl of chopped basil. Between the 4 of us we had three different raviolis (traditional ricotta with pomodoro, goat cheese, and mushroom) and the lasagne bolognese. All were delicios and fresh and the portions were sizeable. We didn't try dessert as we were stuffed and wanted to eat gelato later. Overall it was a good experience. My only negatives - the beverage service was slow to bring my son's soda, and water refills were not timely and some things seem expensive for what they were (e.g. $14 for caprese).Special Features:
- Loved it !Jdwiggs88Dined on 8/29/2014First time in Portland and craving Italian. Food was homemade and excellent!! We even came back to buy pasta and sauce to go! Would recommend to anyone looking for a cozy setting and authentic Italian food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJ3loveVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were disappointed overall. If you are used to really good Italian food, you will be too. The pasta, while homemade, was mediocre. It was overpriced, the atmosphere was okay---very, very dim in spots---and the service was okay too. With all amazing restaurants in Portland, I would skip.
- DisappointinggreatbasingirlDined on 8/21/2014On August 21, 2014 my sister & I anticipated a lovely dinner based on reviews in Down East mag & a friend. Imagine our disappointment when the meal failed to deliver. We expected the ravioli to be tender & it was tough. The tomato sauce & salads were ordinary and the house white wine was thin. Service was good. We paid our bill and gently shared our disappointment with our waitress and hostess on our way out. We cannot recommend this restaurant.
- Fresh, authentic and homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed their rustic lasagne alla bolognese, truly delicious. Fresh homemade bread with EVOO and a carafe of the house red made the meal complete. Service was suble but attentive. Would recommend for a more authentic look at Italian cruisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneryummoDined on 8/16/2014We go to Pacarino every year for our anniversary. It is romantic and the food is great. The only problem with this restaurant is its lighting. The spot lights are very dim in some areas and in others you feel like the entire restaurant is watching you. That was us on this last trip there. The spot light was on my husband and he had to squint to see me it was so bright. The waitress did turn it down for us however at one point the customers in the opposite side of the restaurant said it was too dim. So we got "spotlighted" again. Its not the worst thing in the world but its off putting when you are trying to enjoy a meal and its too bright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!DBBrooklineDined on 8/15/2014Wow, what a great restaurant. Artisan pasta, fresh crispy bread with olive oil that ranks up there with the best I've had. The food was inventive, freshly prepared and as delicious as it was described. I love the fact that we weren't rushed through our meal but at the same time, whenever we were ready to order another course, the waitress was right there. We'l be back.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Authentic Italian FoodGulfIslandPondDined on 8/10/2014I've been three separate times since 2011 and have loved it each time. The pasta and sauces (homemade regularly) are fantastic. The menu is small but has a good range for most tastes. The wine list is also rather small but good quality at a very reasonable price. I'd highly recommend Paciarino.Special Features:
- Like Dining with friendsRiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 8/9/2014Warm surroundings reminiscent of a large eat in kitchen in a country home. Fresh, authentic pastas - simple and delicious. Recommended.Special Features:
- ate there twice in one weekMposDined on 8/8/2014We were visiting Portland and our hotel recommended this restaurant. The pasta is home made, the goat cheese ravioli was very creaming and the thick red sauce was nice, the portion size was more than expected. The wait staff is knowledgable and pleasant. Was a nice change from all the lobster.Special Features:
- Very nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2014After reading reviews, I booked expecting less. We got more. The dining room is small, intimate, decorated uniquely in keeping with low-brow artistic vision. (They painted the brick walls--perhaps purely Portland?) Upscale here are the SERVICE (knowledgeable, friendly) and most importantly the FOOD. House made pasta beyond belief (we had a porcini and a goat cheese ravioli). House marinara is formidable. Salads some of the freshest I've ever had. We were greeted and treated so well. Congratulations to the Paciarino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014As advertised the pasta was excellent but the menu was limited because it only was about pasta.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014After hearing many good reviews we went to Paciarino on our last night of vacation. We waited a long time for our table and a long time for any food or drinks. The menu is very limited and unclear. The salad was enormous (it should have been for the price) and it was seasoned poorly. The other appetizer was not at all what we expected based on the description. The food was only fair - not at all what we expected. I would not ever go back and would not ever recommend this place.
- Italian Pasta Special!AGfromNGDined on 7/31/2014Absolutely superb! Wonderful service. Pasta at its best!
- Italian in MaineFood4aQueenDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed our meal except the bolognese was not meaty at all. It was more of a marinara sauce. When my husband asked about the meat they said if was ground up very small but as far as we could see it was non existent. The pastas are home made which I liked and their signature pasta dish which I has was really tasty and had a good kick to it which I loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Yummy!vbvbVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our 5th anniversary dinner and still delicious. Ravioli was delicate, delicious and pretty near perfect. Biggest limitations - the limited menu. There are less than a dozen entree choices... And not a lot of kitchen flexibility. The bruschetta was close to perfect with three varied choices. The bread offered before dinner was just ok. The space is tired and not inviting after all these years. And even though it is difficult to get a reservation, tables sat open for the two hours we were there. The dessert offerings are boring. The wait staff knowledgable and delightful. We will be back - in a yearSpecial Features:
- Tremendous PastajhwtpaVIPDined on 7/25/2014The homemade was tremendous with delicious sauces. Appetizers were large. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Delightfulnew2cityfoodDined on 7/11/2014My daughters and I are new to Portland and Paciarino has been one of our best finds yet! The food is wonderful and atmosphere very comfortable and cozy and the staff incredibly gracious, polite and attentive. Definitely going to be a regular for us. Also want to try some of there pastas to take home and prepare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PastaBDE1Dined on 7/10/2014Wonderful pasta meal and wonderful service! Low key and relaxing - try it when you are in Portland.Special Features:
- Always a good mealMaineNickDined on 7/10/2014Four of us ordered the special - pasta, fish, shrimp, scallops! As always, delicious. The process have gone up a little, but still reasonable for delicious, fresh food.Special Features:
- Very good food if you're patientHubertHumphreyDined on 7/5/2014The food at Paciarino is very good if you're okay with very, very slow service. Pasta is made fresh and the salame appetizer was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly, but extremely slow to take drink orders, bring bread, take food orders, etc. The other waitress that was working with her worked more quickly, so we may have had a much different experience with another waitress. The couple at the next table was seated after us, but had their entrees before we even got bread. It was frustrating that neither the other waitress nor the woman who seemed to be the owner bothered to refill water, bring bread, or help out in any other way despite walking by us with the water pitcher repeatedly.
- Just flat out really good foodBackWoodsFoodieDined on 6/28/2014Nothing real fancy, just fresh, quality ingredients paired up nicely with a good wine selection. The service was outstanding with a very professional waitstaff. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- PaciarinoDrFoodieDined on 6/24/2014Be prepared to be surprised by this modest, pasta only restaurant. The dishes are extraordinary- simple and dazzling ingredients and all the pasta is made on site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpentablenewbDined on 6/21/2014Love was in the air the night we were there. My boyfriend and I were there for our third anniversary and right behind us a couple got engaged! Behind them was another couple who was married that day. It says a lot that three couples in one night chose Paciarino for their special night. Food was fantastic and so was our server. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedBJD60Dined on 6/21/2014The menu may be small in comparison to other restaurants but the quality and portions were very good and never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delicious!SeraphimDined on 6/21/2014Whenever we have something special to celebrate or simply want to treat ourselves, we go to Paciarino! Most of the time we end up feasting on the daily specials. The food is simply outstanding, real Italian, and the service and ambience are magnificent. We recommend making reservations online before you go.Special Features:
- Pasta... Made perfect!DiscerningdinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014This small unassuming kitchen turns out some of the best specialty hand made pastas and sauces in the US. A renovated open Maine mercantile space serves well for flexible and funky dining table arrangements around an open and simple bar which is also the hostess station. An open kitchen entices with the sights and smells of a busy yet peaceful prep area. Any fresh pasta or sauce is frozen each night and available for retail. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Italian foodEastcoastvisitorDined on 6/14/2014The food was terrific. Everything is homemade.Limited menu still good variety. Small but not really intimate.The food is the standout, good service .Will return again .Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNJRosieDined on 6/13/2014Paciarino was recommended by a friend who considered it one of her favorites in Portland. My daughter and I would agree. Friendly, helpful service, good value and delicious food!Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianMattVIPDined on 6/13/2014Wow. Fresh homemade pasta, savory sauce, authentic cheeses, and exquisite meats. My only gripe was that our waitress (who was super nice) was nonexistent, so water went unfilled, etc. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortable pasta placeYarmouth555loverDined on 6/12/2014Paciarino specializes in their own pasta dishes. It is a very comfortable casual place with great service and great food. The menu is limited and mostly pasta dishes, but the food is very good. So, you have to want pasta for your night out. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Ever!KaseyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Beginning with the bread and excellent olive oil, everything was superb! The house made pasta is the best. Our server, Sarah was perfect---attentive, but never hovering. Paciarino is one of the most underrated restaurants in Portland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave our table awayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2014Looks like a nice restaurant. We called and were running 15 minutes late. They said they would hold the table. The staff was unfriendly when we arrived. States no one had "made a note" of our reservation and they had given our table away.
- Great spot!frommaineDined on 5/22/2014excellent pasta all freshly made. bread with olive oil is addicting. one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Big Table Heads UpRandRVIPDined on 5/20/2014So went went back for a second time in a week this trip....we never do that. We haven't had a bad meal in Portland we live in Atlanta and before that Chicago, two great food cities, yes Atlanta really is. Anyway, great food, friendly service. They did have a table of 13-14 I counted and clearly that was a challenge for them. There was a little chaos in serving that table and some delay between everyone getting their entree. But look at the restaurant, it's a small neighborhood trattoria. So don't go in a hurry and understand your surroundings I guess. We will be back next trip.Special Features:
- Italian GemWhalen189Dined on 5/18/2014We were looking for some great Italian food when we made the reservation and we were not disappointed. Food was great and we were given a very special table near the front. It was very busy but we were in no hurry and enjoyed our visit immensely.Special Features:
- AuthenticspikeDined on 5/17/2014This is my second time here and I intend to make it a stop every time I visit Portland. The owners are from Italy so they know something about food. The prices are also very reasonable. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They tried and succeeded!DiscerningVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had an 8pm reservation but were disappointed and increasingly frustrated when we were left waiting for 40 minutes for a table. The management was very apologetic and made up for it with 4 free glasses of wine and also asking a party of 2 to move to the bar so they could finally seat us. The menu, as expected, is very limited with a few homemade pastas and sauces. Our salads were quite fresh, good size and very satisfying. We all ordered ravioli which were very good and really were "homemade." I know because I make my own myself. The sauces, pomodoro & bolognese, were wonderful and we left very happy to have tried Paciarino. We will return to try other dishes but hope they will supplement their menu with more to keep us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.