468 Fore St
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paciarino.com/
- Phone: (207) 774-3500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sat: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tue-Sat: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enrico Barbiero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call 207-774-3500
- Special Events: Paciarino is availably for private events. Please call for details - (207) 774-3500.
A word from Paciarino
Welcome to Paciarino, an authentic Italian dining experience where fresh pastas and sauces are made daily. Paciarino was opened in December of 2008 by Fabiana De Savino and Enrico Barbiero. They decided to move their family from Milano to Maine to start a new chapter in their lives and to bring authentic Italian cuisine to the Old Port. Since their opening they have been written up in the Boston Globe, The Phoenix, Portland Magazine, and numerous online periodicals all raving about the Paciarino dining experience. Fabiana and Enrico would like to invite you to stop by 468 Fore Street in Portland so you can experience it for yourself. Come in to sit and eat in the restaurant or just take some to go! A Presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Paciarino - Best Restaurants in Portland ›
Paciarino reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (31)notable wine list (28)special occasion (28)hot spot (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Over all it was very good.CorndogdadDined on 10/16/2010Over all it was very good. A few small things could have made it much better. As mentioned in other reviews the lighting was very bright. Also some ice in the water would have been nice. Pasta was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great place with a clear pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2010Great place with a clear pasta focus. The chef and most of the ingredients are straight from Italy and it shows. Food and service were wonderful. Nice selection of pastas, sauces, and olive oils to take home to cook your own later. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always love coming to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2010Always love coming to this restaurant. After our recent trip to Italy, this restaurant has the most authentic Italian food this side of the Atlantic that we've ever found. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Simple, excellent, beautifullyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2010Simple, excellent, beautifully made food is the focus at Paciarino. The ambiance, while also very simple, is unified and has a great, non-fussy sense of style. The wine list is far from fancy, but the best part is the very low mark-up. It's wonderful to go into a restaurant for a change and order a bottle of wine that you know doesn't cost more than $15-20 and only pay $28 to $35-40, rather than the much more typical $35-50. Maybe this comes from the Italian owners - the low-markup is the rule in Italy, where wine is viewed as part of the meal, rather than some nerve-racking, wallet-breaking decision. (Paciarino does have a few high-end bottles, such as a decent Barolo, but even those have a relatively tiny markup.)Special Features:
- The food here was really homeyChristinaVIPDined on 10/2/2010The food here was really homey and delicious. My husband and I were looking for some good carbo-loading pasta the night before the Maine Marathon. Paciarino really delivered on this front--it was really good! Unfortunately the service was lacking in attentiveness. After initially being seated right on time and provided with menus, it took about 25 minutes for our waitress to return to take our orders. We probably would have ordered another bottle of sparkling water, but she never came back to ask. The tables have signs on them saying that your seating is limited to an hour and a half so I was annoyed that nearly a third of that time was spent waiting around to put in our order. Don't get any ideas about having a long leisurely dinner!
- We were there to carbo loadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/2/2010We were there to carbo load before the marathon last weekend. We had an excellent meal and a really nice waitress..
- Terrific Milanese cookingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2010Terrific Milanese cooking with a nicely selected (and priced) wine listSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2010Excellent food and service. Great meal and experience. Sounds like I'm being picky, but the lighting was so bright, I should have brought my sunglasses.Special Features:
- We loved our dinner at Paciarino!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2010We loved our dinner at Paciarino! The food was fabulous, the service great! While it was very noisy, we loved the comfortable ambiance and are eager to return!Special Features:
- We continue to love the foodmainemalDined on 9/24/2010We continue to love the food at Paciarino, but the size of the venue, combined with essentially a "two seatings" approach (6 and 8) means that if you're a few minutes late for the 6 o'clock reservation, your order ends up at the back of the queue, with the result that everyone gets hungry, and you're pushing the edge of their "2 hours and out" stated policy. The servers work hard but we think this is a problem with expediting the kitchen: the owner/chef seemed pretty overwhelmed with getting plates out.Special Features:
- If you want fresh pasta....thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2010If you want fresh pasta....this is the place for you. The pasta literally melts in your mouth, and Italian cheeses are used in the recipes. We had a wonderful meal here and enjoyed it more our meal at a highly acclaimed Portland restaurant. Highly recommended and we would return!!! It was a little loud, but all tables were full.Special Features:
- Every dish I have ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2010Every dish I have ever had has been amazing. The dishes, are so simple but are so full of flavor. The service has been spot on every single visit. In a city so full of great food spots, Paciarino's has taken my vote for top spot.Special Features:
- Homemade pasta and saucesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2010Homemade pasta and sauces were terrific. We arrived during a rush at 7:30 on a Saturday, and seating and service were a little slow as a result.
- Made a reservation for 2 andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2010Made a reservation for 2 and at the last minute added a 3rd person. Not a problem. Food was wonderful and worth the price which does have a bit of a shock effect compared to other Italian places out there. THAT SAID, I was happy to spend every penny that I did because the food was so good! Pumpkin Ravioli happened to be the table favorite over all that we got. Only suggestion: Dim the lighting a bit!Special Features:
- Superb! Best, authentic pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2010Superb! Best, authentic pasta - high quality meats and cheeses add to the most delicious Italian meal ever experienced in Maine or likely anywhere outside of Milan. Since it was our first visit, we didn't expect quite as bright & vibrant atmosphere, though it didn't detract from the wonderful meal, wine & service. Worth giving up a quite, romantic ambiance, but both would have been....well, perfection.Special Features:
- By far, the best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2010By far, the best Italian food we've had outside of Italy. The pasta was light and al dente. My ravioli was filled with porcini mushrooms and his cannelloni was filled with a generous amount of lobster. An outstanding meal! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The food was just ok nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2010The food was just ok nothing special. It's not a place to go for a romantic dinner but more like a quick lunch as the wooden chairs are not very comfortable and there is no ambiance. We love to eat out and especially great italian comfort food but we were not impress with this place and won't go back.
- Solid, homey cooking, remindsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/3/2010Solid, homey cooking, reminds us of dining at a friend's house (who can cook). Bright lighting an food shop decor left us feeling like we were dining in a retail store. A good choice for a casual, local, meal, but disappoints for that special night out.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2010Excellent dining experience, at the edge of Portland's Old Port district. Easy parking nearby. Food was perfectly prepared and service was great with a very knowledgeable server. Wine list could be expanded a bit and I would have liked a Grappa to finish the meal off but despite this we are eagerly waiting for our next visit. We tried an assortment of antipasti offerings that were delicious and the main courses of Lasagne alla Bolognese and Ravioli Ricotta e Spinaci alla Bolognese were exceptional. We ended the meal with some fine offerings from the dessert menu. Total cost for three was around $140 and worth every penny!Special Features:
- Piacarino is quite a find.ItsmereallyVIPDined on 8/31/2010Piacarino is quite a find. It's pasta, all homemade, makes you think you're in Italy. The staff is attentive. The kitchen gets the food out quickly. We cannot wait to go again!!Special Features:
- Wonderful homemade pasta andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2010Wonderful homemade pasta and sauce, service was great!Special Features:
- Great real italian. BetterGilbertDined on 8/28/2010Great real italian. Better than any we have been to in Bostons north end.Special Features:
- Very good authentic italianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2010Very good authentic italian food. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- We would not have found PaciarinoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010We would not have found Paciarino if it had not been highly recommended by our son. We will surely go back to Paciarino's whenever we are in Portland and have time for a meal!Special Features:
- It was my fault for beingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010It was my fault for being ignorant. Perhaps this is very authentic Italian food, straight from Sicily and this is how food is done there. I was not accustomed to it, having never traveled to Italy.
- Incredible Food!! I have neverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2010Incredible Food!! I have never been disappointed there! Great staff and service and amazing food! Best italian in Portland!Special Features:
- Wonderful find in PortlandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2010Wonderful find in Portland Maine. I knew nothing about Paciarino (other than looking for interesting restaurants in Portland on the internet) - it was SOOO good! It's a definite keeper. All the pastas are homemade - as are the sauces. We went on a Thursday night and the place was hopping - word to the wise - be sure to make reservations! Can't wait to go back. Note: If you are looking for a quiet/intimate place this is not it - very noisy - but, for incredible food - GO!Special Features:
- The food was good. The ownerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2010The food was good. The owner was stuck up. service was not good. I will not go here again. There are too many great restaurant in Portland Maine.
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2010Food was excellent, service excellent. Ihad the same appetizer that I had afew days earlier but it was much smaller.Noisy children nearby took some of the enjoyment out of the dining experience.We intend to go to Paciarino often as we enjoyed both of our visits there.Special Features:
- Some of the best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2010Some of the best Italian food I've ever had! Delicious.
- You absolutely feel like youEconVIPDined on 8/21/2010You absolutely feel like you are dining in a family restaurant in MIlan. The pasta and sauces are extraordinary in both taste and authenticity. Dinner at Paciarino will make any trip to Portland worthwhile.Special Features:
- This place is all about theOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/19/2010This place is all about the pasta. If you can get over the fact that there all entrees are pasta dishes (which I easily did), then you will love this place. Cheese plate was awesome, salad was perfectly dressed, pasta and sauce was so fresh and simple yet still had layers of flavor. Fantastic lasagna.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2010The food was delicious and they were huge portions!Special Features:
- I found this wonderful restaurantJohnDined on 8/14/2010I found this wonderful restaurant on an internet search of Portland restaurants. What a terrific find it was. The scratch made ravioli were perfectly stuffed with gloriously fresh ingredients which my entire family enjoyed. Was especially impressed by the Porcini stuffed and Pesto stuffed ravioli in butter sauce. The wine list is not very long long, but what they have went very well with our respective dishes. Many of the wines on the list can be had by the glass. I would highly recommend Paciarino to any of my friends and acquaintances. What a marvelous experience in a heavily seafood city!!!Special Features:
- Definitely authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2010Definitely authentic Italian cooking and fresh homemade pasta! Delightful surroundings and excellent service. The Porcini mushroom raviolis with walnut butter sauce were delicious and not a drop was left our plates.Special Features:
- Walked by this relativelyFunandfoodPhilDined on 8/5/2010Walked by this relatively new restaurant and saw they featured "pasta made on the premises". We were not disappointed. The food, service and price made this an excellent choice. We will visit again when we return to Portland.Special Features:
- The lightest pasta and freshestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2010The lightest pasta and freshest sauce I have ever tasted. Definitely worth a visit, husband and wife owners extremely friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- Best pasta we have had anywhwereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2010Best pasta we have had anywhwere outside Italy! Friendly, helpful, efficient service. Fair prices. Excellent, non-wallet-breaking wine list. A reason to visit Portland.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2010The food was great and the service even better. Can't say enough good things about the owners and the waitstaff!
- Paciarino has mastered simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2010Paciarino has mastered simple italian cuisine!! Their sauces are exquisite, especially the bolognese. A must in Portland.Special Features: