2255 Wickham Ave
Mattituck, NY 11952Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6313155252
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pace's Dockside
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pace's Dockside reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (26)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (10)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- favoritefavoriteDined on 9/6/2014What a lovely place. Beautiful view. Asked waiter to let us have drink before ordering and left us alone never felt rushed. Food was great. Lobster Mac and Cheese was unbelievable enough for three people. Overall had a very nice evening there and will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014The food and service were on par with the best of the New York resturants. The Ahi tuna was prepared rare as we ordered. A hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paces TraditionLovespastaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Over the top food, excellent and attentive service, beautiful and scenic views of the harbor. A great gem, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was not as great as last timeToniDined on 8/22/2014The first time we ate steak here was fabulous - this time the steak tasted a little too aged and wasn't as thick. I would recommend the filet mignon instead. The homemade papadelli was again terrific, as were the baked clams. They seemed understaffed (probably a lot of college kids had left), but was generally satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disorganized, slow, mediocre foodLarryBVIPDined on 8/16/2014First, they had run out of menus, so after 20 minutes we borrowed one from the next table. That was a sign of things to come. The waitstaff were very disorganized and almost overly apologetic, as if begging us not to blame them for the confusion, but we would have settled for competent. The food ranged from very poor to mediocre, but the most outstanding thing was the extremely slow service. We waited 15-20 minutes for cocktails (my wife would have ordered something special but since we had no menu settled for wine) and over an hour for our dinners. The view and location are very pretty. Everything else was below par.Special Features:
- Waited too long for food.FoodieDined on 8/16/2014Crowded. Not enough wait staff. Took way too long to get foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointing experienceElizabethVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had been two times before and it was pretty good. On Friday night, the food was inferior. We ordered fried calamari and asked for marinara sauce, which took fifteen minutes to "prepare". The fried chicken came out black, and the hamburger ordered medium came out rare. People around us in the restaurant were complaining too. The server was very apologetic, but couldn't make up for a bad experience.Special Features:
- ambiancepolitirDined on 7/29/2014Outside, I felt like there should have been something separating the left side of the dining patio from the parking lot and stuff. I know it was under renovation, but a simple wood wall or something would have sufficed. I did however LOVE the large circular tables for our group of 6, plenty of elbow room to cut my food. By the way, the food was great!!! And my rating of quiet above was simply because we were only one of two outdoor tables during a weeknight so there was no opportunity for noise levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 7/27/2014Pace's Dockside gives the impression that it was started because whoever runs the marina where it's located believed that a restaurant would add to the marina's desirability. Beyond that, Pace's seems to have no particular reason to exist. Its unimaginative comfort food is acceptable but no more -- and Pace's vaunted special, a lemon drop martini, is barely drinkable. The restaurant's ambiance, however, is very pleasant, even if the food prompted no desire to return.
- jeanneDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at Pace's Dockside twice recently. The service both times was excellent as was our dinner. Our drinks were very disappointing on our second visit, extremely watered down even though we were told it was the same bartender as the first time. We sent them back but they were no better when served again. What is with a gin and tonic in a beer glass? Will go there again.Special Features:
- good spotAnneBDined on 7/12/2014the location of the restaurant has a great view of the inlet and marina and we were there for sunset which was beautiful. The food was very good, portions were certainly filling and the service was good despite having read previous reviews that it being poor, they must have listened and got their act together. The only thing I found to be a problem is that it is loud in the diningroom and hard to carry on a conversation, not sure why that was since it realy wasnt that crowded, it may have had something to do with the room itself. I would recommend Paces Dockside to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NOFO additionDiningonnofoDined on 7/11/2014Steak was prepared perfectly. Duck wings an added treat. Beautiful sunset view. Great restaurant at a great marina... Strongs Marine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great water viewsdocoVIPDined on 7/4/2014Paces at the marina has it all. Good food great outdoors dining and drinks. We got there in rain and it still wad lovely. Worth a visit if in mattituckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and, friendlyClubgeruDined on 7/3/2014We ordered fun appetizers and absolutely fabulous hamburgers! Had a great night! PS. They make great lemon drop martinis!!!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLuvtoeatDined on 6/28/2014I went to Pace's with a group of friends for my birthday and sat outside on the patio. The noise level was quite loud but I still enjoy the experience. The food was excellent and our waitress was outstanding. I would recommend Pace's and look forward to returning in the future.Special Features:
- It was not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We went to Paces when it first opened. We had a great time. We went back for our 24TH wedding anniversary dinner and were very disappointed. Appetizers were cold, service was not great. My wife specified how to cook her food and it was raw, so I ate alone so my dinner would not get cold then I watched her eat alone. We will not rush back there.Special Features:
- Paces steak houseThatspecial01placeDined on 6/21/2014Great food and drinks, amazing steaks and seafood . So happy they joined me out east because I always loved their Hauppauge location. The setting is so tranquil along the Marina and the owners Ron and Joanne are super friendly. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and find in the North ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This new location for Paces Dockside is intriguing. They are just getting started and so still have some outdoor decor to complete. A touch of elegance with a bit of Margaritaville. The mixes and creativity in their cuisine is just developing and so it may take a while to get it just right. Definitely worth a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New LocationOutstandingVIPDined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at the new location. We got there around 4:30 on a Saturday and it was empty. I was afraid this place was not taking off like I'd hoped. but no worries, by 5:30 the place was packed. The bar was great, our drinks were perfect. our steaks were maybe a little more cooked then we wanted them but the taste was right on target and they made great left overs. All in all I'd say it was a very good experience and I'm looking forward to returning there soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't miss this gem!littleGemDined on 6/13/2014You really should check this place out the food is just amazing! You pay for what you get is not cheap but neither is the food. Love the environment there, and you can also take a boat there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprisedrmess350Dined on 6/13/2014Great food, good bar crowd, excellent service...surprisingly varied menu and everything we tried was excellent. Worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly service, great food!DI79Dined on 6/4/2014Arrived late and they still seated us. Very friendly service, food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodDrJ15VIPDined on 5/31/2014Great after your wine country excursion. The food was fine. Everybody liked it. Scenic views of the harbor. They are completing construction and I'm sure they'll become a hopping night spot.Special Features:
- Pace's DocksideFredVIPDined on 5/24/2014First and foremost we were about 45 minutes late for our reservation - however, the hostess gave us two alternatives of about a 15 minute wait for a table or immediate space at the bar. We opted to eat at the bar - service was great, friendly people. Food was excellent the local duck was spectacular. We both appreciated how well the staff accomodated us, even though we were unable to arrive on time. A definite must restaurant if you are visiting the North Fork.Special Features:
- Paces Dockside RestaurantPattyDined on 5/24/2014Service was very slow, 20 minute wait for drinks, 45 minute wait for dinner. Noise level very high, reminded me of eating at a local pub where everyone is yelling. While the food was good the service and noise were unacceptable. This was my second visit to the restaurant and I think it will be my last. Price of food is very expensive while the quality of service and ambience does not justifying the cost.Special Features:
- Great EntreeLD1234VIPDined on 5/24/2014We went to Pace's over Memorial Day Weekend. The owner actually came up to our table and introduced himself which I thought was a nice touch. The entrees were amazing. I was with my family of 4, 2 had the burger which was an delicious and tasty blend of meats, 1 had the tuna special that was seasoned perfectly, and I had the filet mignon that was out of this world and cooked to perfection. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, but noisyNOFOdinerDined on 5/23/2014we enjoyed our meal, the food and service were good. the noise level, however, made it nearly impossible to hear the person at your table.Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Pace's Dockside reviews archive.
- Great new rest. on the North ForkpgscmkDined on 5/21/2014We had dinner here for a special occasion (anniversary). Midweek before the summer season started, it wasn't too too busy. Lots of steaks and seafood on the menu, as well as some other options (such as fried chicken), but it would be nice if they would put their menu online, I haven't found it yet. Food was very good, service was friendly and capable.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse in Mattituck!Lizzies1971Dined on 5/14/2014Please don't miss this gem, located in the Strong's Water Club & Marina in Mattituck, (formerly known as Matt-a-Mar Marina) My husband and I have always loved the Pace's brand, so when they opened in the same town where we have our summer home, we were delighted! It was no surprise that they are serving the same wonderful meats as they had in Port Jefferson, and, as always, cooked to perfection! The view of the water and docks is lovely and calming! Everyone was so attentive, service was impeccable! Congratulations to Ron Pace and family on another job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected perfectionJ2121Dined on 5/11/2014It was a quick and last minute find, however, it turned out to b perfect. They sat us outside with prompt service and amazing food. I'm definitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice addition to MattituckOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great find. Our waiter could not have done better. well be back. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great...LIdinersDined on 5/3/2014Was very hopeful as we are fans of Pace's in Port Jeff, unfortunately food was mediocre - Filet Mignon medium was instead well done and not flavorful at all, sweet potatoes were cold and had way too much pepper in them. Service was friendly but incompetent - had to ask for more water and steak knives. Appetizer and salad were brought out at the same time. Ambiance is boring, stark white walls unless you are lucky enough to sit in the main room overlooking the dock - however interior in that room is the same. This is an expensive restaurant but not worth the cost. Really wish I could give a better review. May try again over the summer.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014If you are out on the North Fork ( or even if you are not) make this a dining destination. Outstanding atmosphere staff and menu. Great water view. With so many restaurants that are just o.k at best, it is nice to come across one that is this great on all levels. I had such a great time, that I am recommending to all of my clients looking for an amazing night out.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebration!ClubgeruDined on 4/18/2014This was my 64 th birthday dinner, and my first visit to the restaurant. It was great! Everyone was so friendly! Our table was fabulous overlooking the water! But best of all was the food! My tbone was perfect. Great sides! My expresso martini ,Devine! Will go back very soon!Special Features:
- ExcellentroxlucDined on 4/11/2014I was so impressed with the absolutely delicious dinner and wait staff was very helpful and friendly. The menu was very divSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second dining experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Second dining experience at Dockside, and loved every morsel. Great to go to a restaurant and have the owners there take interest in your dining. Such a beautiful room with the fireplace. Had a scrumptious risotto with marscapone sauce and shrimp. Everyone else at the table was equally happy. I would highly recommend Dockside and am planning a return visit.Special Features:
- It was very good the service was veDanielsVIPDined on 3/22/2014The service was very good the drinks were very good also will go againSpecial Features:
- Great place for steak!!lovetogooutDined on 3/21/2014We were a party of 4, two of us had steak, which they enjoyed very much and the other two had the pasta dish, which was also very good!!! the bread basket contains the most delicious corn bread we have ever had, worth the calories!Special Features:
- Welcome to MattituckMediabetsyVIPDined on 3/15/2014It's wonderful to have such a great addition to Mattituck. The lunch menu was large and diverse, and the beignet dessert was over the top. Beautiful view and great food. Who needs more?Special Features:
- FantasticNoFo23Dined on 3/13/2014This was my first time at the restaurant, and I recommend everyone to go. The food was absolutely amazing, and the service was great. Can't wait to go back in the summer, there is a fantastic outdoor area, and is right on the water.Special Features: