1600 E 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.p17denver.com/
- Phone: (303) 399-0988
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 3-10pm
Friday + Saturday 3-11pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 3-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Bistro, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Mary Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: P17 offers full service catering for all types of occasions. If you’re planning a wedding, shower, birthday, brunch luncheon or dinner, eliminate your stress and let P17 cater your event and satisfy your needs. We not only provide dishes and drinks from the full P17 menu, but also will happily work with you to create and customize a menu that fits your expectations and compliments your special occasion.
Whether it’s off site or at your home, we will provide the excellent level of service and satisfaction that P17 is known for.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for a full buy-out. Please call for details & pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Nguyen 3033990988x
A word from P17
Welcome to P17, your neighborhood bistro serving food and drinks inspired by the seasons. Our kitchen makes everything from scratch and sources the freshest ingredients available. Enjoy a soul-warming bowl of soup, gather with friends over a selection of small plates and wine, or sit for a casual family dinner. Whichever you decide, we invite you to enjoy our hospitality in the company of friends & loved ones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
P17 reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (15)special occasion (11)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best burger ever!DenverDVIPDined on 11/10/2014Met a friend here for lunch this week on the day the temperature dropped nearly 50 degrees. That put us in a mood for something warm rather than salads for a change and we both ordered the burger, a major departure for us. WOW! Best burger ever! Incredibly flavorful and juicy. Accompanying side salad was generous. Can't wait to go back and take my husband, a devoted carnivore.Special Features:
- Outstanding vegetable PhovegansVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great Pho - so glad you kept it on the new menu. It's within walking distance of our home and we love that soupSpecial Features:
- Nice findOmahaTraveler01Dined on 11/8/2014Had dinner on a Saturday evening and the ambience was cozy. The innovative menu had a selection that I couldn't fulfill in one visit, so next time I visit Denver P17 will be on my list as a repeat. Our table began with the PEI mussels. As a small meal the fries served with it would have been adequate (they were delicious), but as an appetizer, I would have like some grilled bread to soak up the delicious broth. The duck confit was perfect, falling off the bone each time the fork met with it. There were few desserts, but not the usual you find in so many restaurants. Well worth the calories. Thumbs up!Special Features:
- Amazeballs!Pissedoff505Dined on 11/7/2014Friendly, quick, and knowledgable staff. Amazing food, done well with style. AMAZING HAPPY HOUR!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch; Great Servicecynful1Dined on 11/2/2014We had a delicious brunch sitting outside watching downtown Denver. The service was excellent and the weather managed to stay nice enough to enjoy our meal and conversation.Special Features:
- As UsualyetistylesDined on 11/1/2014I always expect good service, delicious food and amazing drinks. P17 has never failed to deliver on that! Definitely going to come back here for another brunch. The different flavored bottomless mimosas; i got pineapple, are delicious! And the beignets with the apple butter! Such an amazing start!!Special Features:
- DisappointedBobbyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were disappointed. After the salad everything was pretty bad. We don't recommend the place.Special Features:
- OK French-ish,but prefer VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was nicely done but I really loved the original menu of Parallel 17. I liked having an upscale Vietnamese restaurant in the neighborhood.
- JoanneVIPDined on 10/17/2014Perhaps it was an off night, but the food just didn't live up to the reviews I had read previous to coming there. I had the poached cod and it had a fishy smell to it when it came to the table, but I ate it anyway. Major mistake. Paid for it with very angry intestines later that night. The others in my party didn't suffer the same fate from the dishes they ordered, thank goodness, but they all said the food was just OK, not outstanding. As I said, it could have been an off night, but I don't think we will be going back any time soon. Our server was wonderful, it's a nice space, but ...
- Always a Winner!LovingLifeVIPDined on 10/16/2014I bring clients here. Food is always eclecticly good as expected in this lovely neighborhood. Service is always impeccable. The restaurant staff are accommodating. The doors and windows are open in good weather. P17 is a lovely backdrop to biz or pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual diningflavorulesDined on 10/14/2014Nice little weekday evening, low key, good service, nice food choices, good place for a group of friends to meet, eat and have nice conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great apps with great ambience.TruthAboutFoodVIPDined on 10/9/2014We tried several of the small plates before dinner and were delighted. The duck meatballs were especially tasty. For whatever reason though, 2 out of 3 of us found our entree sort of tasteless and boring (the cod and the fettuccine carbonara). He who ordered the roasted chicken however, was delighted. I would recommend and give it another shot especially because it had a great ambience and warm vibe in the space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014This was supposed to be a special night as it was my husband's birthday. We arrived for dinner and the hostess was very nice as she sat us at an indoor table. We were only table inside and maybe three outside. After taking our appetizer order, we sat waiting for our waitress to come back and take our dinner order. 10 minutes after placing our appetizer order, our food came, still no waitress, finished our food, 10-15 additional minutes and still no waitress, made several attempts to get her attention to no avail. Finally, we gained the attention of the hostess and she was able to send over waitress. 45-60 minutes total dinner arrives, 3 of the dishes were very good, but the cod dish ordered by my daughter, was fishy, over cooked and bland.Special Features:
- vegansVIPDined on 10/7/2014The vegetable pho is outstanding. My lunch companion had the beef pho and he said it was excellentSpecial Features:
- A bit more tastebds2405VIPDined on 9/24/2014Some of the dishes lacked flavor. Our squash tart that was good needed more zest and the slaw salad was boring. I used to come to Parallel 17 often so I was sad to hear of the menu change... and not sure I am a fanSpecial Features:
- Like their new conceptCoolheatVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a very good experience at P17. Small, but nicely varied menu. Items were well prepared and presented. Really liked the kale salad. Very good service; attentive, but not overbearing. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always a go toMonkeyfufuDined on 9/3/2014P17 is still great. The fall menu is here, so it was hard to decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu, Renewed InterestDenverKVSVIPDined on 8/25/2014P17 has a new menu and we took advantage of it during August Restuarant Week. We had a delightful, French inspired meal, every bite delicious. We used to dine here frequently and it somehow fell off our rotation. Because it is in our neighborhood we will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Has Gone Wrong?RobertFVIPDined on 8/23/2014I always enjoyed Parallel 17 so I expected the new P17 to be equally good. Not so. What French bistro can't make a good French onion soup? It was barely lukewarm and there was no soup--just a bowl of not very flavorful onions. Very odd. The cod entree was good, but I like piping hot food and this was barely warm. I wonder how long it sat on the kitchen counter before it was served. Perhaps execution was a casualty of Restaurant Week, but this was very disappointing.
- Revisiting an Old FavoritePBKWINEGUYVIPDined on 8/11/2014While living on Capital Hill a few years back Parallel 17 became a favorite dining spot of ours. We enjoyed the vegetarian options on the menu and the Monday all night happy hour menu. The new P17 is a hit with us as well. A wide selection of items to dine on, excellent service, quality cocktails and an evening on the patio.....We will be back. P.S. they still serve the Pho.Special Features:
- What they had was goodLoveGr8tFoodVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very disappointed in the food with the new menu. We have enjoyed eating here previously, but with the new menu, not sure we will go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014The food was very good...the house wine was one of the better your find for house wines...however, I don't appreciate going out to dinner and then being expected to sit by a dog. Restaurants are for people...not animals whether it be inside or out. For this reason I would probably not be going back to P17. Also one of the reasons we chose P17 was for one of the specials...which they were out of already at 5:30.
- CXL9Dined on 8/9/2014Loved it. Great cocktails and we really liked mixing the small plate choices with the entrees. We sat outside and enjoyed the neighborhood traffic and, to repeat ourselves, really loved the food!! Thanks to all at P17. Everyone was friendly and helpful. PS, yummy food. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Not Up To ParOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014The Short Ribs were not moist enough, and the Pasta dish was too sludgy and thick. The chocolate/bacon ice cream dessert was highly overrated.
- Not Vietnamese!livetoeatDined on 8/3/2014After reviewing 5280's list of great casual restaurants, I picked Parallel 17. I love Vietnamese food and thought I was in for a treat. Once I arrived, I was told they rebranded with a different menu - which is strange that a restaurant with a recommendation would switch? We persisted and ordered - the Lamb Burger was so drenched in a paprika style red sauce that I had to use 2 napkins and it looked like I had personally bludgeoned a cow at the table. The "simple salad" of Bibb lettuce and tarragon and buttermilk dressing was exceptionally plain and lacked color. The octopus small plate was too potent on the red onion/veggie mix and just average. I talked with the manager on duty (Lee?) who didn't seem to care about my experience either.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014I was anxious to get here and try the new incarnation of this restaurant. Mary does SO MUCH for charity, including several organizations with which I am involved, so I like to support her restaurants as much as possible. The food on the reworked menu was wonderfully innovative and delicious, and my gluten-free friend whose birthday we celebrated was delighted with all the options for her diet. Our server Kerry was terrific! We enjoyed the front patio for hours without being rushed. The only downside, if there was one, is the extreme traffic noise from 17th as Happy Hour turns into evening.Special Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the P17 reviews archive.
- DisappointingkoalaVIPDined on 7/28/2014Had been wanting to go here for years and never made it until now. I thought they were supposed to be an asian fusian place, but the only asian dish on the menu was Pho. The waitress recommended the shortribs, which were horribly bland and so we asked for extra sauce, which was simply a lighter coloredversion of something that tasted like A1 steaksauce and was the best part of the dish. I liked the grilled calamari small plate and the French GSM wine. Overall not worth my drive up there from south Denver though.
- Sunday brunch after the ZooPrairieRoseDined on 7/27/2014We had no information about this place. But wanted a brunch location near the Zoo. This was perfect. Beautiful little place, with outside tables which was wonderful on a Sunday morning. The food was very delicious and prices were a bit less than expected. Our waitress was really nice and attentive as we enjoyed the morning. I would highly recommend this restaurant for the brunch and really hope to get back for lunch and dinner in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDenverIsYummyDined on 7/25/2014We have been here before, but the food was especially delicious on this outing. We were very impressed with the grilled squid and fritters, and the Pho is always dependable. Reasonably priced and delicious. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/19/2014New menu was not to our liking. I ordered mussels and many of them were closed. Service was good but we will not be back.
- Could be better.SandstormDined on 7/4/2014This is a neighborhood spot that I would not recommend because of the inconsistency in food quality. I had a cocktail made with prosecco that came to me warm and flat. The "citrus" overtones were overpowering and it was sweet, almost syrupy. Tomato tart appetizer was good - nice flaky crust. The kale salad was very good. My husband had the pork tenderloin which he said was nicely prepared and flavorful. My Pho was tasteless. It was mostly broth with four round carrot slices, four thin slices of beef, a small serving of rice noodles and a few strands of baby bok choy. The ice cream was homemade but, unfortunately, was too "new" and not adequately frozen. Nice decor and patio. A little more kitchen effort might make this a gem.Special Features:
- great food, good prices butkharrisonfDined on 6/28/2014if they try to seat you next to the swinging door of the kitchen ask if another spot is available.....it's irritating!Special Features:
- Another Hit!DAVEDined on 6/25/2014First visit since a rebranding. Loved the place in the past and love it now!!!! Had small plates to start with a mojito and then beef cheeks that were just perfect! Unfortunately ( due to another commitment) did not have a dessert but saw some going to other tables and I know I will have to get some when I return! WELL DONESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014We had a nice table outside on the patio. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Close, but . . .KaikeyiVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great menu, innovative ideas, fantastic cocktail. But service for brunch was way off. Eggs benedict was disappointing. Eggs were nicely poached, but arrived cold. Had to hunt down my check.
- Good food, slow service.coatty1Dined on 6/20/2014Good food. Service was slow. But they were accommodating when my wife's soup was too spicy. They brought a substitute without persuading. I recommend the place. The Pho was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional French bistro!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Chef Mary has created a new menu, preserving a few Vietnamese dishes but creating some exceptional French bistros dishes. The Moules Frites are a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 6/13/2014We had a nice round table for our party of 6. Great food and service. Would go back again. Not too loud and it was a nice night outside so they had all the windows open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014Food was bland and nothing special, drinks were great but very expensive for the size.Special Features:
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2014Good food. Fresh ingredients. Creative combinations. Need to serve bread gratuit if holding out as a French bistro. Annoying musik.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.