1600 E 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.p17denver.com/
- Phone: 3033990988x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 4-10pm
Friday + Saturday 4-11pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 3-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mary Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: P17 offers full service catering for all types of occasions. If you’re planning a wedding, shower, birthday, brunch luncheon or dinner, eliminate your stress and let P17 cater your event and satisfy your needs. We not only provide dishes and drinks from the full P17 menu, but also will happily work with you to create and customize a menu that fits your expectations and compliments your special occasion.
Whether it’s off site or at your home, we will provide the excellent level of service and satisfaction that P17 is known for.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for a full buy-out. Please call for details & pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Nguyen 3033990988x
A word from P17
Welcome to P17, your neighborhood bistro serving food and drinks inspired by the seasons. Our kitchen makes everything from scratch and sources the freshest ingredients available. Enjoy a soul-warming bowl of soup, gather with friends over a selection of small plates and wine, or sit for a casual family dinner. Whichever you decide, we invite you to enjoy our hospitality in the company of friends & loved ones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
P17 reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (10)special occasion (8)romantic (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- What Has Gone Wrong?RobertFVIPDined on 8/23/2014I always enjoyed Parallel 17 so I expected the new P17 to be equally good. Not so. What French bistro can't make a good French onion soup? It was barely lukewarm and there was no soup--just a bowl of not very flavorful onions. Very odd. The cod entree was good, but I like piping hot food and this was barely warm. I wonder how long it sat on the kitchen counter before it was served. Perhaps execution was a casualty of Restaurant Week, but this was very disappointing.
- Revisiting an Old FavoritePBKWINEGUYVIPDined on 8/11/2014While living on Capital Hill a few years back Parallel 17 became a favorite dining spot of ours. We enjoyed the vegetarian options on the menu and the Monday all night happy hour menu. The new P17 is a hit with us as well. A wide selection of items to dine on, excellent service, quality cocktails and an evening on the patio.....We will be back. P.S. they still serve the Pho.Special Features:
- What they had was goodLoveGr8tFoodVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very disappointed in the food with the new menu. We have enjoyed eating here previously, but with the new menu, not sure we will go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014The food was very good...the house wine was one of the better your find for house wines...however, I don't appreciate going out to dinner and then being expected to sit by a dog. Restaurants are for people...not animals whether it be inside or out. For this reason I would probably not be going back to P17. Also one of the reasons we chose P17 was for one of the specials...which they were out of already at 5:30.
- CXL9Dined on 8/9/2014Loved it. Great cocktails and we really liked mixing the small plate choices with the entrees. We sat outside and enjoyed the neighborhood traffic and, to repeat ourselves, really loved the food!! Thanks to all at P17. Everyone was friendly and helpful. PS, yummy food. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Not Up To ParOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014The Short Ribs were not moist enough, and the Pasta dish was too sludgy and thick. The chocolate/bacon ice cream dessert was highly overrated.
- Not Vietnamese!livetoeatDined on 8/3/2014After reviewing 5280's list of great casual restaurants, I picked Parallel 17. I love Vietnamese food and thought I was in for a treat. Once I arrived, I was told they rebranded with a different menu - which is strange that a restaurant with a recommendation would switch? We persisted and ordered - the Lamb Burger was so drenched in a paprika style red sauce that I had to use 2 napkins and it looked like I had personally bludgeoned a cow at the table. The "simple salad" of Bibb lettuce and tarragon and buttermilk dressing was exceptionally plain and lacked color. The octopus small plate was too potent on the red onion/veggie mix and just average. I talked with the manager on duty (Lee?) who didn't seem to care about my experience either.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014I was anxious to get here and try the new incarnation of this restaurant. Mary does SO MUCH for charity, including several organizations with which I am involved, so I like to support her restaurants as much as possible. The food on the reworked menu was wonderfully innovative and delicious, and my gluten-free friend whose birthday we celebrated was delighted with all the options for her diet. Our server Kerry was terrific! We enjoyed the front patio for hours without being rushed. The only downside, if there was one, is the extreme traffic noise from 17th as Happy Hour turns into evening.Special Features:
- DisappointingkoalaVIPDined on 7/28/2014Had been wanting to go here for years and never made it until now. I thought they were supposed to be an asian fusian place, but the only asian dish on the menu was Pho. The waitress recommended the shortribs, which were horribly bland and so we asked for extra sauce, which was simply a lighter coloredversion of something that tasted like A1 steaksauce and was the best part of the dish. I liked the grilled calamari small plate and the French GSM wine. Overall not worth my drive up there from south Denver though.
- Sunday brunch after the ZooPrairieRoseDined on 7/27/2014We had no information about this place. But wanted a brunch location near the Zoo. This was perfect. Beautiful little place, with outside tables which was wonderful on a Sunday morning. The food was very delicious and prices were a bit less than expected. Our waitress was really nice and attentive as we enjoyed the morning. I would highly recommend this restaurant for the brunch and really hope to get back for lunch and dinner in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDenverIsYummyDined on 7/25/2014We have been here before, but the food was especially delicious on this outing. We were very impressed with the grilled squid and fritters, and the Pho is always dependable. Reasonably priced and delicious. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/19/2014New menu was not to our liking. I ordered mussels and many of them were closed. Service was good but we will not be back.
- Could be better.SandstormDined on 7/4/2014This is a neighborhood spot that I would not recommend because of the inconsistency in food quality. I had a cocktail made with prosecco that came to me warm and flat. The "citrus" overtones were overpowering and it was sweet, almost syrupy. Tomato tart appetizer was good - nice flaky crust. The kale salad was very good. My husband had the pork tenderloin which he said was nicely prepared and flavorful. My Pho was tasteless. It was mostly broth with four round carrot slices, four thin slices of beef, a small serving of rice noodles and a few strands of baby bok choy. The ice cream was homemade but, unfortunately, was too "new" and not adequately frozen. Nice decor and patio. A little more kitchen effort might make this a gem.Special Features:
- great food, good prices butkharrisonfDined on 6/28/2014if they try to seat you next to the swinging door of the kitchen ask if another spot is available.....it's irritating!Special Features:
- Another Hit!DAVEDined on 6/25/2014First visit since a rebranding. Loved the place in the past and love it now!!!! Had small plates to start with a mojito and then beef cheeks that were just perfect! Unfortunately ( due to another commitment) did not have a dessert but saw some going to other tables and I know I will have to get some when I return! WELL DONESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014We had a nice table outside on the patio. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Close, but . . .KaikeyiVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great menu, innovative ideas, fantastic cocktail. But service for brunch was way off. Eggs benedict was disappointing. Eggs were nicely poached, but arrived cold. Had to hunt down my check.
- Good food, slow service.coatty1Dined on 6/20/2014Good food. Service was slow. But they were accommodating when my wife's soup was too spicy. They brought a substitute without persuading. I recommend the place. The Pho was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional French bistro!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Chef Mary has created a new menu, preserving a few Vietnamese dishes but creating some exceptional French bistros dishes. The Moules Frites are a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 6/13/2014We had a nice round table for our party of 6. Great food and service. Would go back again. Not too loud and it was a nice night outside so they had all the windows open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014Food was bland and nothing special, drinks were great but very expensive for the size.Special Features:
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2014Good food. Fresh ingredients. Creative combinations. Need to serve bread gratuit if holding out as a French bistro. Annoying musik.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HananVIPDined on 6/6/2014My daughter had a chicken sandwich which was HUGE, delicious and juicy. We made it two meals. I had the Kale salad which had a very nice dressing. My friend had the pork loin sandwich served on French bread which enjoyed very much. My roommate had the Monte Cristo which he said was better than most places. Service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SrndptyVIPDined on 6/3/2014We loved our dinner experience at P-17. I loved the roasted beets, frisée and watermelon and pistachios ( some of my favorite things all together!) and I also had the grilled squid - great to have it not fried and the flavors were so summery. My husband had the roasted chicken and devoured it. We were able to taste a couple of wines before we settled on one. Lovely dinners and priced well. We will look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Delicious as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Second time here...once for dinner and now for a business lunch- food just delicious! Sat outside fun little Uptown Joint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegansDined on 6/1/2014Most excellent vegetarian Pho in Denver! Needs more vegetarian/vegan options though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing new menuAermayVIPDined on 5/20/2014Parallel 17 used to be one of my favorites. I enjoyed their curries, noodle bowls and delicious fish entrees. The menu is now more "French Bistro", which seemed to have few innovative dishes and far too much pork dishes for me. Of the only two salads, the Kale salad was overdressed and underwhelming. However, the Pho is still a great dish.
- Eclectic menucedyDined on 5/15/2014I like the eclectic menu - grilled squid, pho, interesting salads & soups. Everything we've had there has been well prepared. Staff is friendly and professional. Nicely decorated indoors and a great outdoor space to enjoy the spring. We love this neighborhood and love walking around there after our meal.Special Features:
- The following 214 reviews are from the P17 reviews archive.
- Finally, a TRUE bistro in DenverSnoGrrlVIPDined on 4/20/2014P17's rebirth as a neighborhood bistro brings fresh flavors, an easy and casual environment and great wine list to Denver - so much like the bistros of Europe. We loved the menu and had gracious and friendly servers. The highlights were the grilled squid with basil pesto (tender and just a touch smoky from the char), the Red Kale Salad with blueberries, faro & cashews (great textures and incredible flavor), the Papardelle pasta with bolognese & ricotta (my husband is a bolognese connoisseur and said this was the best he's ever had!), and the roast chicken with kale & crispy potatoes (my favorite, a total bistro classic). The wine list has unique selections from places like Greece and Lebanon but I went for the CA Rose and ordered a second.Special Features:
- Great food and generally goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013Great food and generally good service. The only downside is that the waiter brought out a dessert for our group to share - which we thought was free because we didn't order it and were celebrating a birthday - and then charged us for the dessert. A big no-no. Left a bad feeling at the end of what was otherwise a nice evening.Special Features:
- We had the lunch special whichHedonistaVIPDined on 4/10/2013We had the lunch special which included a delectable crab cake sandwich, a dressed greens salad and tomato bisque. The taste of the tomato bisque was wonderful but, it should have been a little bit hotter. It wasn't cold - it just wasn't hot like soup needs to be on cooler day. Everything was fabulous with this one exception. The service was great. The environment was (as always) very cool. The dining space is very small but, we've always been very lucky to get a table - especially during the week - especially with the help of Open Table.Special Features:
- Always delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2013This was the first restaurant I went to when I moved to Denver in 2008. It's where I take all out-of-town guests because they are always charmed. I know the menu like the back of my hand: my favorite dish to share is the calamari. Nothing like you've ever experienced. If you are looking for something light yet filling, get the pho. Start it out with a moscow mule (served in a copper cup of course) and end with a Vietnamese coffee.Special Features:
- I have attended your parallel,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I have attended your parallel, multiple of times. It had been a while since I have been in the restaurant, but the last two times I have the waitresses have not been all that friendly and I state that by their body actions. One can very easy put on a fake smile to get through work and intereact with cutomers. I deal with customers first hand as well, but when you get customers that are friendly and enjoy your service it makes the person waiting on you just as happy. With such a beautiful restaurant it is dissapointing to see a person come across not as happy and putting an act on. When you have bottomless mimosas your waitresses should not assume they are dont just because a tap is paid. Why? because we were still enjoying our time.Special Features:
- As always, great food, lovelyDianaVIPDined on 3/30/2013As always, great food, lovely waitress Always look forward to coming here even though its a bit of a trek for me.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2013I had bee n here before for dinner and loved it. I was therefor disappointed to find only a few patrons there. When our food came I understood why. There was nothing special about it at all. I have had better noodle bowls at any number of Denver' s Asian restaurants. The service was less than excellent . All in all, I had to apologize to my guest who had not been there before.
- Beautiful Vietnamese FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/17/2013What an inventive menu. Lots of non-meat options that are amazing, like the white asparagus dumplings or the crispy spring rolls (not your run-of-the mill spring rolls). Beautiful presentation. Pho is authentic, as are all dishes I've had there. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunch was very cool.PBKWINEGUYVIPDined on 3/10/2013Birthday brunch was very cool. We all enjoyed the food and service..Special Features:
- Went for a 5280. Lovely VietnameseJeanneRVIPDined on 3/8/2013Went for a 5280. Lovely Vietnamese food. Apparently they do monthly wine pairing dinners. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Disappointed FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013As a Denver foodie I was expecting more. The 5280 menu drew in me in, however we were quickly disappointed to have a table on top of the host stand. The food was ok But nothing spectacular, and our server had No input on wine and/or food, he answered Every question with "its good". I won't be Returning to parallel 17.
- Parallel Seventeen was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013Parallel Seventeen was fantastic. Great 5280 menu and the service was awesome!Special Features: