Ozumo - San Francisco
161 Steuart Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Ozumo - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ozumo.com/
- Phone: (415) 882-1333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm. Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Alex Morgan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering possible for all size groups. Menus can be viewed online at www.ozumo.com, in the Private Dining & Group section. Custom menus and private chef options also offered. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Live DJ
- Special Events: Please contact our events coordinator, Sarah Eckersley, for catering and banquet information. She can be readched via email at: email@example.com. We look forward to hosting your event very soon!
A word from Ozumo - San Francisco
Innovative, Contemporary Japanese cuisine offered at this serene, elegant, Zen-garden inspired restaurant located in the heart of San Francisco's Embarcadero District. Breathtaking bay views, authentic modern Japanese design, 30-person sushi bar, open kitchen and robata grill, sleek and sophisticated Sake Lounge, and a monumental Sake list are among some of the qualities that set Ozumo apart from all other Bay Area Japanese restaurants. Private dining facilities include an exclusive, glass-enclosed Sake Tasting Room and an elegant Kotatsu Room where guests can enjoy an authentic Japanese dining experience seated on zabuton cushions around a lowered granite table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Ozumo - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Ozumo - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (80)hot spot (63)good for groups (61)vibrant bar scene (51)scenic view (46)romantic (43)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Sadly disappointedLittulDoveDined on 11/22/2014I don't mind spending $$$ on a special dinner, but I wouldn't do it here again. Food was so-so. Nothing unique or out of the ordinary. Calamari was blah, chips with tuna tartare were stale and duck was measly. The material on the banquette where I was seated was torn badly.Special Features:
- Great place!Frisco415Dined on 11/19/2014Food and service was excellent! We were running late and they were really nice about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emcgl4emcgl4Dined on 11/18/2014Awesome spot. Food, service and vibe are perfectly matched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome A5 Wagyu TeppanyakiJoseDined on 11/16/2014Great place! Ask for a table with views (by default they will seat in the main area but the best views are looking to the Bay Bridge) My favorite picks: Gyu Filet (5/5 stars) Wagyu Teppan-Yaki (6/5 stars) Tomodachi Maki (4/5 stars)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but resaurant & menu need to be refresh.SarahVIPDined on 11/15/2014Restaurant interior has lost its luster. Stains on the chair cushions. Menu does not change enough, same options as last dined 6 months ago. Service & food quality top notch but resaurant no longer in top SF Japanese dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RocquetDined on 11/14/2014Of five outstanding meals we had in San Francisco this week, Ozumo proved the absolute tops for both my wife and I. The food was exceptional and innovative, the Sake selection superb, and the ingredients fresh and masterfully prepared. The negiri sushi was all excellent, but the prepared dishes were truely exceptional. Service was personal and spot-on, and recommendations were right on the money. The dessert Sake we tried, somewhat similar to Port, was something I've never seen here or in Japan. A great meal!
- great.karimDined on 11/8/2014but the food is delicious. Will definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent flavorsMidwestFoodieDined on 11/5/2014We arrived earlier than our reservation and we're seated promptly, with a view of the bay bridge out the east Windows. The bar is dark and great for personal conversation, while the restaurant gets a bit brighter towards the back. Ambiance is excellent. Our food was delicious with perfect drink recommendations from the servers. The food was a touch slow coming out and the servers were often gone for a while between visits, but the deliciousness more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Once again I had the pleasure of introducing a co-worker to the fine food and excellent service. Today she said, I'm going to have to go back there and get the Black Cod every week until the end of the season. Nuff said! Thanks Ozumo.Special Features:
- JennyWolfMatteDined on 11/2/2014We had our engagement dinner at Ozumo's and it was incredible ! Awesome staff, friendly and very accommodating. The restaurant Is tastefully furnished, very clean and chic. The food was fresh, creative and overall perfect ! Thanks again to everyone for making this night memorable for us :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing japanese foodaromashDined on 10/26/2014Overall amazing experience. One of the best japanese place I've been to. Perfect taste from the first course to dessert. Excellent appetizers, sushi, meat entrees.Special Features:
- AmazingDinnerwithViewDined on 10/25/2014My friend recommended me this place, and its a great recommendation for dinner. We had great service, amazing view of the bay bridge, and the food was delicious. I'm definitely coming back again.Special Features:
- Ozumo Rocks SF SushiEeksDined on 10/24/2014You will leave wanting to return at your first opportunity! We tried the Japanese uni for the first time and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and welcoming restaurantWellsDined on 10/23/2014We came here for a meeting and found the staff helpful with suggestions and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi HeavenChrisDined on 10/21/2014Fresh, creative, flavorful Sushi. Not for the faint of heart on price. Two drinks and a lot of Sushi, $ 120 a person with Tip. Definitely did not walk away hungry though. Ask for Molly. Great Server.Special Features:
- DisappointingRichardDined on 10/20/2014We've eaten here lunch or dinner each time we have visited San Francisco in the past. The first time we ate here many years ago, we had lunch and liked it so much we returned for dinner. This time only the nigiri was up to par. Edamame never arrived with no apology. Other dishes arrived all at the same time although some were soup or appetizers. Miso very average. Tofu tempura mediocre as was grilled octopus. Ordered around 6:40 pm; by 7:15 pm all dishes were served and eaten (so they would remain warm). Disinterested pretend service. Horrible dessert. What has happened to this once above average Japanese restaurant? Perhaps it has become too Americanized. Loud table next to us made it difficult to have a normal conversation.
- ExcellentMargotDined on 10/18/2014We tried this place as a break from doing the SFC Top 100 list- so glad we did. The rear section is quieter with more ambience but the hipsters were down the front at the bar area. The service was outstanding and the food was amazing- very imaginative presentation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/15/2014A large restaurant but the food was just o.k. and over priced for what you got.Special Features:
- Great nightTosca27Dined on 10/12/2014I am from Australa and love Japanese food. We have som of the best restaruants in the world. This was outstanding. The food and customer service was amazing. Sophie our waitress was first class.Special Features:
- Great customer serviceFoodie16Dined on 10/7/2014Great customer service and we were accommodated to our seats immediately. Didn't have to wait a long time for the food to be served. Our server was great and always available and fast when needed.Special Features:
- Awesome! (Extremely few such)EatsDined on 10/4/2014Almost everything we tried (4 of us that love food & interesting combinations) was awesome! Tasty, fresh, interesting & unique. Great service, great times & the food!!... Fantastic sake selection. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushiDiepVIPDined on 10/3/2014Came here during visit to SF with girlfriends based on reviews and several recommendations. Seriously the best sushi I've ever eaten. Wonderful dinner experience all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT place... Must go!NojvVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were in San Fran for about 8 days and ended up going to Ozumo twice in that time. The fish is amazingly fresh, great tasting and the rolls are very well done. The black snapper sashimi.. YUM! Will definitely go back next time I am there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary SpotBigMoonDined on 10/2/2014My husband and I went to Ozumo to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We mentioned that to the staff, and they surprised us with a dessert at the end! The food was delicious! My husband is Japanese; so, he is very particular about Japanese food, but even he said the food was amazing. Their desserts are also really fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarianaDined on 9/30/2014Cool japonese bar/restaurant. It's a hotspot. The food was good but the kitchen forgot to make one of my dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food here is amazingFoodiefromSeattleVIPDined on 9/27/2014We dined here while on a weekend trip to the Bay Area to celebrate my birthday. We put our trust in our waitress, Veronica, to choose the courses and Saki for us. She did an amazing job. Every dish was superb, as was the Saki. We are big foodies and our experience here was amazing. Highly recommend Ozumo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third times a charmSaintsfanAndreaDined on 9/20/2014It was our third visit to S.F. In 6 years. We ate at and enjoyed Ozumo on the first two visits, so of course we had to go back! Still great! Was glad to see they still had a sushi roll on the menu that we enjoyed... Our waitress was very helpful in picking out a good bottle of saki. The food was fresh and delicious. Sake was excellent. Waitress was great. We will go back on our next visit as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and shouting noisydisappointingVIPDined on 9/17/2014If you enjoy high-end, Americanized Japanese restaurant and can pay from your corporate account, this is it. The noise level is way too high for any quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Amazing sushiShrimpyDined on 9/16/2014Went as a recommendation for honeymoon and was fantastic. The best sushi I have ever had, and enthusiastic and knowledgeable waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chef's menu!YoliVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had the most amazing meal here. The chef's menu was 7 courses, put together by the chef that day and each course was an awesome surprise! Beef tartar, grilled octopus, squid, cod, and more were masterly prepared to perfection! The service by all the staff was excellent and our waitress, Sue, help us make a sake choice that was truly well matched with the entire meal. The director of hospitality, Mel, greeted us and also served us some of the courses. All staff was well trained! We will be back and look forward to another excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- volcanobaitDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and were well treated!! Have visited several times and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Every trip to San Francisco ends with dinner here. We live this place! It is a little piece of Japan that sadly we have nothing like on the east coast. If anything this gives us a convenient excuse to visit SF again. On a separate note, I love the extensive list of Japanese beers on the menu. The majority of which I have never seen on the east coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place, but OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Great place, ambiance and service; but the food was not outstanding - I was expecting more from the rating. Sushi and Gyu Don were so-so.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014went to Ozumo with a friend to celebrate and we had a great meal. the servers were all very well informed and the waiter was kind and kept a good pace the whole evening.Special Features:
- Great food but expensiveDutchPeterDined on 8/16/2014Food at Ozumo is fantastic! But it should be, taken into account The proces they charge. Would definitely come back, but not too often because of the high bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealLaNiCoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Some of the best sushi I have had! The place was pretty packed on a Thursday night. We had reservations at 8:45. Definitely set a new bar for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLRoyDined on 8/14/2014Took hubby there for birthday. Outstanding sake, sushi and service. Definitely in my all time top 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestLibano77Dined on 8/7/2014Simply the best Japanese fusion in SF. Wagyu beef is an exceptional taste experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sake list everdinner42Dined on 8/4/2014The place is very well designed and merge well Japanese minimalism with modern features. The service was prompt although not very helpful on dish selection. Food was good despite not having any special flavor combination. Classic dining, no surprisesSpecial Features:
- great sushi and staffWoodyDined on 8/4/2014Sushi was top notch. Interesting rolls very fresh. Scallop sushi incredible. Waitress was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.