Ozumo - San Francisco
161 Steuart Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Ozumo - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ozumo.com/
- Phone: 4158821333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm. Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Alex Morgan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering possible for all size groups. Menus can be viewed online at www.ozumo.com, in the Private Dining & Group section. Custom menus and private chef options also offered. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Live DJ
- Special Events: Please contact our events coordinator, Sarah Eckersley, for catering and banquet information. She can be readched via email at: email@example.com. We look forward to hosting your event very soon!
A word from Ozumo - San Francisco
Innovative, Contemporary Japanese cuisine offered at this serene, elegant, Zen-garden inspired restaurant located in the heart of San Francisco's Embarcadero District. Breathtaking bay views, authentic modern Japanese design, 30-person sushi bar, open kitchen and robata grill, sleek and sophisticated Sake Lounge, and a monumental Sake list are among some of the qualities that set Ozumo apart from all other Bay Area Japanese restaurants. Private dining facilities include an exclusive, glass-enclosed Sake Tasting Room and an elegant Kotatsu Room where guests can enjoy an authentic Japanese dining experience seated on zabuton cushions around a lowered granite table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Ozumo - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Ozumo - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)special occasion (85)vibrant bar scene (64)hot spot (63)scenic view (61)good for groups (60)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (32)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Overpriced and shouting noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/17/2014If you enjoy high-end, Americanized Japanese restaurant and can pay from your corporate account, this is it. The noise level is way too high for any quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Amazing sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Went as a recommendation for honeymoon and was fantastic. The best sushi I have ever had, and enthusiastic and knowledgeable waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chef's menu!YoliVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had the most amazing meal here. The chef's menu was 7 courses, put together by the chef that day and each course was an awesome surprise! Beef tartar, grilled octopus, squid, cod, and more were masterly prepared to perfection! The service by all the staff was excellent and our waitress, Sue, help us make a sake choice that was truly well matched with the entire meal. The director of hospitality, Mel, greeted us and also served us some of the courses. All staff was well trained! We will be back and look forward to another excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- volcanobaitDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and were well treated!! Have visited several times and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Every trip to San Francisco ends with dinner here. We live this place! It is a little piece of Japan that sadly we have nothing like on the east coast. If anything this gives us a convenient excuse to visit SF again. On a separate note, I love the extensive list of Japanese beers on the menu. The majority of which I have never seen on the east coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place, but OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Great place, ambiance and service; but the food was not outstanding - I was expecting more from the rating. Sushi and Gyu Don were so-so.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014went to Ozumo with a friend to celebrate and we had a great meal. the servers were all very well informed and the waiter was kind and kept a good pace the whole evening.Special Features:
- Great food but expensiveDutchPeterDined on 8/16/2014Food at Ozumo is fantastic! But it should be, taken into account The proces they charge. Would definitely come back, but not too often because of the high bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2014Some of the best sushi I have had! The place was pretty packed on a Thursday night. We had reservations at 8:45. Definitely set a new bar for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLRoyDined on 8/14/2014Took hubby there for birthday. Outstanding sake, sushi and service. Definitely in my all time top 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestLibano77Dined on 8/7/2014Simply the best Japanese fusion in SF. Wagyu beef is an exceptional taste experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip! Handmade Wasabi!flipfanDined on 8/6/2014They have handmade wasabi which is fantastic. You either have to ask for it, or it often comes with orders of sashimi. The fish is all fresh, and follow the leader of your server... Also a very nice seaweed salad.Special Features:
- best sake list everdinner42Dined on 8/4/2014The place is very well designed and merge well Japanese minimalism with modern features. The service was prompt although not very helpful on dish selection. Food was good despite not having any special flavor combination. Classic dining, no surprisesSpecial Features:
- great sushi and staffWoodyDined on 8/4/2014Sushi was top notch. Interesting rolls very fresh. Scallop sushi incredible. Waitress was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For true sushi loversMajorCat721Dined on 8/4/2014This place is well liked by all that I work with in the financial district. They have three separate dining areas - a cool intimate bar area, a middle room for just dining and a large dining room with a sushi bar in the middle. The prices are quite high, but you are in the financial district of SF so no surprises. RECOMMENDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MedioreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was mediocre and the serving staff without knowledge of the menu items .... all in all an expensive experience for what was ultimately conveyed to the customer .... would not go back .... there's toooooo many other favourable experiences in San Francisco .....
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Overall we had an ok meal but considering the prices, the meal should have been out of this world. Average $28-30 entres and my main fish had no taste. It was incredibly underseasoned. Sashimi and gyoza very good and sauce on my husband's short ribs also quite good. But nothing was worth the cost at all. It just did not blow me away and for $100 for 2 apps and 2 mains and no drinks, I should be swooning. But I wasn't even a little. I would not go back.
- Great find for SushiTomWDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I enjoyed the Sushi and our waiters was attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Decent, but overpriced sushiLeoinSFVIPDined on 8/1/2014In terms of business lunch places, this is certainly one to try. The sushi was fresh, and deliciously prepared, but the pricing was overboard. You can find excellent sushi matching the quality of Ozumo at several places in the Richmond. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our lunch and enjoyed the pleasant service from our waiter.Special Features:
- Small potions. Sushi not that greatSFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Fresh fish but tiny portions and very expensive for what you get. Not impressed at all.
- Excellent!DanaDined on 7/31/2014Excellent sushi restaurant. We liked how all the staff greeted us as we walked in. Their Saki menu is out of this world and the sushi is the best we ever had. Simply amazing. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Japanese meal.liv2eatDined on 7/27/2014After acceptable meals in the past, dinner on Sunday night was a total failure because of the poor quality of the food. Out of 4 dishes, the kale salad was the only decent one . The grilled octopus was room-temperature, tough, & lacking flavor. Grilled vegetables were burned, & the soft shell crab roll arrived cold & greasy. I sent it back to the kitchen, & received an only marginally better version. When the waitress asked how everything had been, I had to say nothing was good, & 3 dishes were actually bad. She expressed regret, but when the bill came, it was for the full amount. The view is great, & the atmosphere is decent; just don't expect much from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Sushi & FishMikeVIPDined on 7/26/2014A great meal overlooking the bay. Sushi was outstanding as each roll was fresh, well prepared and very flavorful. My only sushi compliant was that the rolls were slightly small for the overall price. The lobster roll we had was outstanding, but only equated to about 4 or 5 pieces. For the main course, we had the miso cod at was a flavor explosion. One of the best fish entrees I have had. Again, the portion on the cod were not massive, but the taste was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chiefyelloweyesDined on 7/25/2014Every menu item we tried at Ozumo was presented beautifully and tasted amazing! The restaurant was lively, with a fun energetic bar area and the view is as beautiful as the food! If you sit by the window you can enjoy the lights of the bay bridge reflecting off the bay. Ozumo is a wonderful dining experience and I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceVHung08VIPDined on 7/24/2014I've always enjoyed coming here but a bit less for lunch since the ambiance is very different. Came here for an intimate dinner and had a really great experience, even better than I remember. Food was great as per usual but the service was most memorable this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014This is a very nice restaurant with high-end sushi. Great for a couple but not ideal for a family. Excellent service and food. Somewhat expensive - a dinner for two will cost you around $ 150.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceKC93644Dined on 7/22/2014Probably one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to. Food was amazing the waiters helpful and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushiAZSushiDined on 7/17/2014The sushi here was fantastic. My new favorite for sushi!Special Features:
- luchexDined on 7/16/2014This is a busy place and quite pricey. The service is really good and fast and the food is ok. I think I personally like places that are not so nosy and busy but if you are looking for a high energy place, Ozumo SF can be a place to be enjoyed.Special Features:
- nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/14/2014we were a party of four for business and enjoyed the evening. The wine list was reasonably priced for a downtown restaurant with a modest but good selection. The food was very good - everyone enjoyed their rolls and sushi. Fortunately, it was a casual dinner so the noise level was not overwhelming. All in all a very nice evening with a knowledgable and helpful server.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood gemRuthieDined on 7/14/2014Great place for a retirement lunch; wait staff attentive and food especially the sushi is delicious.Special Features:
- Fine Saki and FishmchlgrnvlVIPDined on 7/12/2014Extraordinary fish; salmon belly the finest east of Tokyo. Conoseurre's sake list and kind servers. A bit loud, but no matter; the food makes up for any errors in acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medium and lessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Good is not justified by the price you pay. The prices are of a high quality restaurants but the food is medium and less.
- Local ResidentJerry3Dined on 7/4/2014This was not my first time @ Ozumo, I find it to be a sophisticated and relaxed experience which never dissappoints.Special Features:
- To expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The food and service was ok. The food should have been better at that price.Special Features:
- On Vaca from PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The food was phenominal and we had a great view of the bay bridge. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsJimccartVIPDined on 7/4/2014Always great. From the moment you step inside its a one if a kind Japanese eating experience. Soy garlic edamame, Gindara, Shabu Shabu, Wagyu, rolls, sushi are all favorites. Service is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingFoodjunkieDined on 7/4/2014Went on a date here and ordered the 8 course menu. It is very pricey but please if you ever get the chance to try it, please do so. The head chef picked the best of the best from the kitchen and handmade the dishes himself. They were absolutely amazing. Definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestPamelaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Marvelous, fresh food. Innovative presentation for all foods except sushi roles, which was surprisingly plain.Special Features:
- Finally made it herefrancgusDined on 7/3/2014We had meant to go to Ozuma years ago and kept missing our opportunity. The food is excellent and the staff are informed and helpful. Each and everyone of them greeted us with a smile, nod and or hello. We sat toward the back which is much quieter than the front near the bar. The scallops with risotto were especially terrific. There is a fine wine and sake list and the cocktails are fun and unusualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.