806 Stiles Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ozra.us/
- Phone: 4105282710x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (**New Hours**):
Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Slemmers Alley
- Public Transit: Use Baltimore's FREE Charm City Circulator buses - Orange line stop #225 President St & Eastern Avenue or use the Green line stop #109 Reginald F Lewis Museum -145 President Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking, or there is a parking garage next door.
A word from Ozra
The inspiration for Ozra comes from three unique vantage points. First, we have tried to create an elegant, yet simple, dining environment which we believe will captivate any selective patron. Second, our love of authentic Persian and Mediterranean cuisines comes together in a carefully crafted menu and wine list, which offers something to please all. And finally, a family owned and operated establishment ensures you get a personal welcome and friendly service when you dine with us. We hope to live up to your expectations on all three fronts!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ozra reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (41)romantic (22)good for groups (18)special occasion (16)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Romantic First Date ApprovedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014First and foremost, I just want to say that this was my first time trying Persian food. It was absolutely amazing! Overall, the experience was wonderful. We were seated on the upper level along the glass balcony overlooking the main floor. The ambiance was warm and romantic...even for a Saturday night. The restaurant has a very cozy, yet elegant feel to it. The service was great and I would highly recommend dining here. If you're looking for a low-key spot to have a nice dinner and experience great food - this is the place for you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as exotic as expectedRickWilliamsDined on 9/13/2014The bread was warm, fresh and crispy, the three eggplant appetizers were unusual, the basmati rice and variations were scrumptious, the lamb shank was well done as was the vegetarian stew. But the menu seemed to have the same mix as most Mediterranean or Middle East restaurants. We expected more exotic choices. We also expected it to be busier on a Saturday night -- not a complaint, just an observation in a neighborhood where several Little Italy restaurants have gone out of business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!LoveFoodDined on 9/12/2014I have never been dissatisfied with this place! Food is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyedLoveethnicfood1Dined on 9/7/2014I had had Persian food before and was craving it...Ozra was great...the cucumber yogurt with warm pita to start then the sirloin and ground beef kabob....rice was superb also. Rose water ice cream was heaven. Sam was our waiter and a really sweet young man...,I will definitely be back and bring more friends.Special Features:
- Great food!NewEnglandFoodLoversDined on 8/29/2014We tried this small restaurant on a recent visit to Baltimore. It was by far the best food we had (and also the least expensive). Calamari appetizer was sautéed, rather than the usual fried, and served with a rich tomato-based sauce. I had the best braised lamb shank that I have ever eaten, and my wife had a wonderfully seasoned vegetable stew. Everything we ordered was perfectly prepared. The service was excellent, and our waiter (Sam) was pleasant and knowledgeable about the food preparation. Any return visit to the Inner Harbor will definitely include a return visit to Ozra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Persian food !!rperry3146Dined on 8/29/2014Great pick off OpenTable! Both of our meals were outstanding! A hidden gem in Little Italy!! Service was superb.Special Features:
- Great food!mmmgoodDined on 8/23/2014The service was very efficient and courteous. The atmosphere was very nice...love the simple, elegant décor. The food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!bmore10Dined on 8/16/2014Definitely a neighborhood gem. The food was delicious and I loved the decor. Highly recommend to check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningexplorerDined on 8/10/2014Would not have found Ozra if not for Restaurant week...can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Great new Baltimore RestaurantjazzVIPDined on 8/9/2014It has all the fundamentals: great food, well-priced, terrific ambiance and attentive service. These owners and staff want you to come and return often!Special Features:
- Very Good FindBritt2808Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I wanted to try something different for restaurant week in Baltimore. Ozra was it and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious! However, my favorite of the evening was the Baklava and I ordered two. That's how good it was. Also the Baklava martini complimented the dessert perfectly. The restaurant was beautiful as well. Great atmosphere for all ages.Special Features:
- Poorboy9993Dined on 8/8/2014Great find in Little Italy. The food was excellent and the service was just as good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceRomanticeveningDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went to Ozra to celebrate our anniversary during restaurant week and can't stop raving about the experience. The weather was just right to allow us to dine on the patio, which had a beautiful water fountain. It was so romantic! Our waiter, Sam, was very attentive. We highly recommend the lamb shank, beet salad and Persian ice cream. Their house wine Pinot noir and Malbec was great, as well as their cocktail drink with ginger beer. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good, but hopefully not typicalADECatonsvilleMDDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant has a comfortable interior and a simple, pleasing layout. The first problem we encountered was not being told that the normal menu was not available, even though we were given it to see beers and wines. The Restaurant Week menu had a choice of either two or three courses prix fixe, but as we started to order, we were told for the first time that only the three course menu was available. When we ordered from that, we were told that we had to select our choice of the three desserts at that time instead of after the first two courses. The food was unremarkable, with the meats and seafood overcooked. We were surprised, given the reviews we read online.
- Outstanding Ozralikes2eatoutVIPDined on 8/5/2014Small, modern, delicious! Lot of diners on a Tuesday evening; food great! good downtown location! Would definitely return often.Special Features:
- What a treat! What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Ozra is a real find! Right there in Little Italy, you'll find a luxurious vibe and delicious, beautiful food. The service is caring and generous. They'll even validate for the literally next door parking. We loved the appetizers, kabobs, and desserts. DO NOT miss Persian baklavah with a glass of tea after your lovely meal. Full bar with creative drinks, too. GO! Enjoy! I love that they are on Open Table!Special Features:
- Fantastic food, decent pricefoodie42Dined on 8/2/2014If you are looking for very flavorful food at a great price, this is a good place for you. Our group of 4 had salmon kabobs, lamb shank, lamb chops, beef, salad, soups, and several apps and desserts. Main food and apps were all top notch - could not ask for more. I was personally most impressed with the first 3. We concluded the Persian sorbet (with thin noodles) was odd, and that their baklava was average. But perhaps that was due to our already full stomachs. Persian ice cream did not disappoint. Wine was normal price-wise, though cocktails seems a touch pricey at 10$. I would definitely go again for the main dishes, and likely take dessert elsewhere or go out after for cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian in BaltimoreHowardinBaltimoreDined on 8/2/2014Another Persian restaurant. This one is in Little Italy and is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014We had an excellent meal at Ozra. The server was very nice and efficient and made many good suggestions about the menu as we were unfamiliar with many of the dishes. Everything was very fresh and well presented. We had four different entrees and two appetizers and we enjoyed every dish. I would definitely recommend Ozra if you like Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Welcome addition to BaltimorejazzVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were delighted to dine at Ozra and will come back often. The food was great and well-priced and the service was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant atmosphere is very inviting -- tables are well-spaced out and it is quiet, pleasant space. Hard to imagine you are at such a busy location! Hats off to the staff for a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice FinechmarskyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We really enjoyed this place! The food was good, interesting and well prepared. Made it fun to go out and the service was just right.Special Features:
- nomeattodayDined on 7/24/2014We were extremely impressed. Since we are vegetarians, the several meat-free options pleased us. Both of our orders were exceptionally tasty and filling. The physical setting of the restaurant is impressive. We have already recommended this gem to several friends.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantMartaDined on 7/12/2014My favorite place to dine! Delicious food and beautiful restaurant ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUZRuziDined on 7/11/2014Food was excellent but the atmosphere of the restaurant seemed too restrained and serious to relax much. Esp. as it is situated in the vibrant Little Italy community. The waiters were lined up seriously watching their tables near the bar, and there lacked relaxing ambiance and good music. I could hear most of the conversation that was going on at the next table and that was odd, too. Just wish it was little more lively and fun, like the Helmand.Special Features:
- Surprising find!MarkPVIPDined on 7/5/2014Really enjoyed it; great food. All the dishes were great. Ample quantities, ate the leftovers the next night.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningbeagleDined on 6/28/2014We had wonderful food and service at Ozra. The interior design of the restaurant is quite lovely with interesting ceiling fans and decor. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The entrees were delicious and quite plentiful. As far as the appetizers go, we had the Hummus--which was excellent--and the eggplant trio. I am not sure that I would get the eggplant trio again, but all of the entrees we ordered were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gem in Little ItalyStellarRedHeadDined on 6/26/2014Most people think Italian when they hear about Little Italy, but Ozra is a little Perisan heaven nestled into this historic Baltimore neighborhood. This was my second time dining there with a friend and I do love their food. They bring out a complementary playe of hummus, fresh flat bread and a sort of fresh tomato "salsa" (for the lack of a bettet term). I had one of their eggplant starters and it had a great smoky flavor to it. Both my friend and I ordered the white fish special, that came with your choice of either rice selection or vegetables. The fish is lightly battered and has a lovely cream sauce with capers. I loved the ambience and the level of service (our server remembered us from our last visit). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two for twoEdwardofBaltimoreDined on 6/20/2014Tried Ozra last week on a lark; we all loved it. Brought another friend this week and we all loved it again. Haven't tried the vegetarian dishes yet, but the stews and kebabs are wonderful; well cooked and great flavors.
- One of the very best in BaltimoreSzuszaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Persian food, translated but not dumbed down. Everything was superb, from the eggplant trio to the saffron-marinade grilled chicken to the rosewater ice cream. Do not miss the yogurt appetizer, featuring three different preparations (and the yogurt itself is made in house). Prices are moderate, quality of ingredients is first rate. A real treasure!Special Features:
- PerfectVIniVidiComediDined on 6/19/2014... food, service, atmosphere, decor. Wonderful food in a peaceful beautiful space with impeccable service yet a casual air. No hurry, simply enjoy the food and environment, soaking it all in with your companions. All delightful. Perfection without stuffiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet place, authentic cuisineShazDined on 6/15/2014My father, who was raised in Tehran, loved it. 'Nuff said. That, and good vegetarian options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!MartaDined on 6/14/2014Love Ozra Restaurant! I hope they never go out of business because ill be really sad! Delicious food! Great ambiance, and wonderful service! Need more signs to attract people to the place or more ads in the paper or something!..cant lose this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy to recommendEdwardofBaltimoreDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food; good service; interesting menu. Nice alternative to the usual Little Italy fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian dining with classSkiz1Dined on 6/14/2014A great addition to the Baltimore food scene. After eating at Ozra twice, I can definitely say that their food is authentic and delicious, and the place has a great ambience as well. Whether for a special occasion or if I have a hankering for Persian food, I would eat there again and again.Special Features:
- Open TablerNew2OTDined on 6/6/2014The food choices were amazing! The hummus appetizer and the beet salad will have me coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Absolutely phenomenal food. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindRobertVIPDined on 5/30/2014This was our first venture into Persian food. None of the four of us had any experience with the names or tastes. Our waiter was extremely helpful. We tried the eggplant trio sampler. It was terrific. The tomato based one was our favorite. Grill combo was also excellent. All food was crisp on the outside and moist inside. Perfectly cooked. Though this was our first time it won't be our last. We loved the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Ozra reviews archive.
- Nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed our lunch. Friday at noon and the place was not busy. The food was good - some dishes better than others. The eggplant baba was fabulous, rich, and complex. The main courses, especially the stew with filet mignon, were a bit small and not worth the price. The wine list was compact but interesting, and our wine ($26 zin) was terrific. The service was a bit too attentive, but everyone clearly means well. The space is lovely.Special Features:
- Great find!MRAZVIPDined on 5/18/2014I love Persian food and this place is probably the best Iranian restaurant in Baltimore. Our server was excellent, the music was beautiful, and the food was delicious. Authentic flavors, but unlike other Iranian restaurants the ambiants here make it feel modern. I wish I had known about this Little Italy jewel before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find.James123Dined on 5/17/2014The lamb sausage was unlike any other I have had before. Tender and melt in your mouth. Everything was very good but that lamb saugage was the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.