598 2nd Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://o-zonethai.com/
- Phone: 4155363266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Nahathai Wirattigowit
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Ozone Thai
Ozone is a Thai fusion restaurant. Our creative menu includes traditional and Thai fusion specialties. It is always our goal to provide a great dining experience whether you are enjoying a romantic meal or catching up with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ozone Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love this place! Lots of optionsUberFoodieVIPDined on 4/15/2013Love this place! Lots of options for Thai in the SOMA area but this would be my go to spot. Tasty food, less crowded, friendly service, great happy hour! Thai Beef Jerky is my fave!Special Features:
- Very dissapointing. WhileOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2013Very dissapointing. While there is nothing better like Thai food in Thailand, SF has many good Thai spots. This was terrible. I had a guest from out of town, I was embarrased with the food, the service, the personnel (not well groomed). We will not come back and my colleagues made note of it.
- Service is always a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/4/2013Service is always a little slow Angel wings lacked flavor Fried shrimp was good One Entree came out 10 minutes before the other two entrees (Fried Rice) Eggplant, Chicken, brown rice - Eggplant no flavor and hard, chicken was ok. Pad Thai never came out - had to box it to go Service is really hit or miss. You have to speak slowly and make sure they got your order right. Be persistent is you see something is wrong with your orders.
- Great happy hour deal withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2013Great happy hour deal with lots of cocktaile choicesSpecial Features:
- Perfect Date night in the cityEastDined on 2/14/2013I have dined here twice after work. Both times, I was extremely satisfied with my dishes. The service as well is excellent.Special Features:
- When there isn't an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/21/2012When there isn't an event at AT&T, this is a nice quiet neighborhood eatery. Lately my favorite dish has been the Southern Style Pad Ped.
- Need work on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2012The food, price and the ambience are actually quite good for lunch, however they really need to work on the service. Wait staff stood at the bar watching TV, no one came by to take order, no one paid attention to the tables. If they can improve their service, I would like to patronize more often.Special Features:
- There was no need to makeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2012There was no need to make reservations. Maybe 3-4 other tables were occupied. We got plenty of refills for our water, but that's about it. Towards the end of our meal, we have to get up and approach the server that we were ready for our check. The food was good. A bit overpriced. Poor service.
- Really disappointing. everyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2012Really disappointing. every dish lathered in store bought "Asian" fish sauce. Yuck. Don't go.
- Maybe because it was New Year'sRubyVIPDined on 12/31/2011Maybe because it was New Year's Eve and it appeared as if the place just opened, the food did not appear or taste fresh. My Pad See Ew was very greasy and the grease tasted like old grease... when grease is used over and over it can get a bit of a burnt flavor. My firend's meal was also greasy. The flavors of my dish stayed with me until way into the night. I'm hoping that this is not normal for this restaurant. If it is, then clearly it has been created more for its location and bar scene than great food.
- ozone is in the zoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2011My dinner companion and I really enjoyed ourselves here! It's a modern/upscale spot that has a very attentive wait staff, a cool vibe, an eclectic crowd, and the option to eat at the bar, outside or inside at modern, yet comfortable place settings. The food was delicious and filling and prices were on point for the food portions. I would gladly return!Special Features:
- This place has great cocktails.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/27/2011This place has great cocktails. The pumpkin curry was well presented but wasn't cooked all the way through :( We also came here on a Bloomspot and they rang our cocktails up as happy hour price so we couldn't use it (and the menu specifically says you have to sit in the lounge or the bar to get the happy hour price). Was this a ploy to make us return?
- OT is one of our go-to placesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/27/2011OT is one of our go-to places in the City for well-priced food and drinks during Happy Hour, especially on a Sunday night. When we come here, we usually sit at the bar so we could chat it up with the very nice and friendly bartender (I forgot her name). You can't beat $4 food items from the Happy Hour Menu. From the food I've already had here, the dishes I would order again are the Chicken Wings, Rack of Lamb, Coconut Shrimp, Tom Yum Soup, and Papaya Salad. The Happy Hour Menu is more like Tapas or Small Plates which is great when wanting to try out different kinds of food from the menu and definitely good for sharing. It's not the best Thai food I've ever had but it's decent especially when paying $4/item :)Special Features:
- Take out - dont bother dinning in!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/9/2011I would recommend Ozone if you want to take it home. Service was absolutely awful! Once someone does actually come to your table (30 mins after we were sat down)...better have your order ready because she wont be back for another 30 mins! Now as far as the food is concerned - when you ask them to make it spicy - they make it spicy! Which I loved! However I was disappointed with the ribs (too much fat & dry). Overall the flavors were there..for some of the foods- dont think I will be back though.
- One big perk: pretty cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2011One big perk: pretty cheap options for bottles of wine!Special Features:
- PineSol?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2011The restaurant stank of PineSol. We left within a few minutes of being seated
- It's SOOOOO SpicyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2011Food too salty and WAY too spicy for me. I had the Cashew chicken. If you like spicy Thai (as in I can barely breathe), then this is the place. If not, you won't.
- Servers don't speak EnglishOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/21/2011Servers don't speak English so it was hard to order food but the food was yummy. A great place before Giant games + good drink deals.Special Features:
- The place has a very distinctOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2011The place has a very distinct look from the outside. It is an old brick building with a lot of charm but has a very sleek and modern inside. The entrance was a little hard to find though because it is tucked away on the side. The food. was really good and the service was fast and friendly. The waitress was maybe a little too attentive though. She would sometimes come to our table and just watch us for extended periods of time. But I definitely would come back to this place again. Their happy hour specials were great and they are right during the time of dinner.Special Features:
- Ozone Thai is a great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2011Ozone Thai is a great lunch spot. I go there often with coworkers and we love the lunch specials. They are really cheap. The to go lunch that they serve outside for $6 is also really great!
- Spring rolls were slimy, theOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/15/2011Spring rolls were slimy, the vegetarian one included awful faux duck, and the curry was just passable. The waitress was friendly though. Conclusion: bad food, so why go back?
- While the food was good, therose2thdocVIPDined on 1/10/2011While the food was good, the restaurant was freezing. Even after we asked them to turn up the heat, we remained chilled. Personally, I left my jacket on the entire meal.
- great food but despite a seeminglyCenturionVIPDined on 1/4/2011great food but despite a seemingly adequate number of staff the service is - at best - erratic and bizarrely uncordinatedSpecial Features:
- The food was very good. IOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/21/2010The food was very good. I was pleased to see Angel Wings on the menu, which weren't the stuffed kind. Atmosphere is nice, not too noisy.Special Features:
- Liked Ozone for a quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/10/2010Liked Ozone for a quick lunch during a busy work week in SOMA. The food was very good. Like the design and ambiance - I T fits with the neighborhood. Will definitely return for lunch or dinner !Special Features:
- The food and staff both awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2010The food and staff both awesome. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- The restaurant was empty onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2010The restaurant was empty on Father's Day so we got all the attention from the staff. The food was not authentic or traditional Thai. I would not recommend this place if you are craving for authentic Thai spice.
- Took a while to get aholdOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2010Took a while to get ahold of a waitress to get the bill and a box.Special Features:
- Family Thai meets upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/2/2010Family Thai meets upscale Thai meets cool/scene Thai. I think Ozone has an identity crisis. It's sort of like Osha, who combines the upscale/cool scene well, but with a bit of Themp Phanom, Manora and Thai Spice thrown in. I think their identity crisis is a result of their location (on 2nd between South Park and ATT Park). It's SOMA meets South Park meets Giants. With that said, the drinks are "mixologist" in nature, and they pull it off well (not great like Bourbon & Branch, Rye, etc.). They food, in my opinion, should try to be lest interesting and innovative, or they should try and perfect the dishes better.Special Features:
- They keep bring wrong dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/29/2010They keep bring wrong dishes to the table and also when order a bottle of wine they bring a glass of wine. Lack of the communication on the listening side. Kind of overprice place.