2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oystercatchersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (813) 207-6815
- Hours of Operation:
Back by popular demand Oystercatchers patio/bar area is now serving a light lunch on Saturdays from 11:30, no reservations needed. Our award winning Sunday Brunch is served from 10:30am to 2:00pm. We serve lunch Monday thru Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm and join us for a dinner experience like no other Monday thru Saturday from 5:30pm-10:00pm. Sunday 6:00pm-9:00pm. Join us for our fabulous Sunday Brunch
Adult $52.00 per person
Child under 4 free
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Chong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for Live Entertainment on Tuesdays and Saturdays @ 7PM
- Special Events: Reservations are now being accepted for our
Traditional Thanksgiving's Day Brunch!
Child: 6-12YR $34.50
5 and Under FREE!
(tax and gratuity not included)
A word from Oystercatchers
Oystercatchers is located on the shores of the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. You drive down a winding road into the Ruelle as you approach the illuminated circle drive flanked by palm trees and bright flowerbeds. As you enter the restaurant through the lounge, you are taken back by the spectacular panoramic view of Old Tampa Bay. With its innovative cocktails and contemporary furniture, the lounge, outside patio and lower bay-level deck provide a comfortable yet chic hotspot for locals and visitors alike. Our visually stimulating water views and sunsets provide a unique environment to enjoy feature wines and appetizers. Our menu highlights an array of the freshest, wild and line caught fish available, organic produce and seafood specialties with a unique and contemporary flair. Oystercatchers... Even our sunsets are made fresh daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Oystercatchers - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Oystercatchers reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (157)special occasion (131)romantic (92)fit for foodies (92)great for brunch (76)great for outdoor dining (69)good for groups (59)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)Show More
- Secret Hide AwayMHBlizzDined on 11/16/2014Oystercatchers is a very secluded restaurant that makes you leave your worries behind. We arrived as the sun was setting, the amazing views and ambiance were wonderful. The food was amazing and the service I could honestly say one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch In Tampa BayCD14Dined on 11/16/2014for $45 per person you get an amazing selection of seafood, just with the raw bar is magnificent enough for that price, all you can eat fresh oysters, caviar, peel and eat shrimp and mussels? Hmm yes! UNLIMITED mimmosas... amazing omelets, pulled pork eggs bennedict, fantastic pasta station, the french toast is to die for, bacon bacon bacon, sushi!, salads, pastries and a huge delicious variety of mouth watering desserts, YES YES YES! Hands down BEST BRUNCH in Tampa BaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Good FoodEilselDined on 11/15/2014We had a very nice dinner at Oystercatchers, with two exceptional dinners, one very good and one that was not enjoyed. The appetizers of Oysters Rockefeller, the Crab Bisque and Bay Scallop/Shrimp Fritters were delicious, while the Crab Cakes were small and underwhelming. They appeared to have too much filler and not very much crab. People really enjoyed the Grouper Saltimbocca, the Blackened Mahi Mahi, and the South East; although the braised greens were not very tasty. The Lobster Mac & Cheese was watery and did not have much flavor at all. Service was excellent. The restaurant is beautiful and it looked like sitting outside by the fires would be very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wanted to celebrate a birthdayDisappointedDined on 11/15/2014The seafood was very good; we were all disappointed with the chef's choice of brocollini, it was cold and virtually inedible. When we suggested to the server that perhaps the chef should know. At that point she said we could have ordered something else, and then became very scarce. Also, the pianist played non-stop at a level that was less than relaxing. It was not a great birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Fabulous food with a fantastic view.Denise2Dined on 11/14/2014The food was wonderful. The seafood was fresh and cooked to perfection. The service was top notch and the key lime pie was the best I have ever tasted. The beautiful view is breathtaking. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulmh13Dined on 11/10/2014There were three of us for lunch and we were seated by a window. The day was beautiful and the scenic views were breathtaking. The service was friendly, prompt and attentive but not intrusive. The food was outstanding! All three of us enjoyed our meals. Overall, lunch at Oystercatchers was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful!ColeymonDined on 11/9/2014Oystercatchers never disappoints - it's simply wonderful and a truly special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & Overrated in QualityDiabetoDined on 11/9/2014While presented well. It was obvious that the goal was to turn the tables as fast a possible. Certainly a rushed feeling throughout. the meal. Quality of the food was kind of the "lipstick on a Pig" mentality. Nice presentation but it was obviously generic Sysco food. Shrimp were slimy, the cuts of tenderloin and beef were unacceptable a simple prime rib would have done the trick. The desserts were not homemade and tasted very processed. The best was the pasta station. Eggs Benedict had no Benedict sauce. There was no toaster or even toast just some stale bagelsSpecial Features:
- Oystercatchers Seafood Very GoodDoctorsDined on 11/7/2014The ambiance, food and service were excellent. We had a bottle of Caymus 40th anniversary Cabernet wine, priced by Oystercatchers at $165. We were a little disappointed to later find out that the very same wine sells for only $64/bottle from Camus! We don't mind paying a premium to the restaurant, but not 150%!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchFantasticDined on 11/2/2014Fantastic food, great service by Kevin--really great service by Kevin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch spotDewaynemDined on 11/2/2014Always enjoy Oystercatchers for Sunday brunch!!! This is the only place I choose to bring friends and family who visit Tampa for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchSaintPeteMarkDined on 10/26/2014We had a wonderful brunch and everything was enjoyable. Fresh food, well prepared and the staff does a fantastic job of tending to the guests and the food bars. This is a great spot for a memorable Sunday Brunch. It is a shame that many guests don't show the respect for a destination such as this by dressing appropriately.Special Features:
- OutstandingBellaDined on 10/26/2014First time at Oystercatchers and the experience was delightful! Wonderful brunch with a wide variety to choose from. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch. Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My wife and I went for the Sunday brunch. We got a table by a bay window. The server Donald was there constantly to refill champagne mimosas, coffee, fresh plates and silverware anything we needed. The food was wonderful. The desserts were incredible. A great day and my wife was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014great view, but much too noisy. Energetic to me does not mean I cannot talk to my table partners. Food was good, but overpriced. I liked the old Oystercatchers. The bread was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent customer serviceAbelDined on 10/25/2014Excellent customer service… Max our server was very knowledgeable on the menu…. Overall an outstanding place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphDined on 10/25/2014Everyone in my group love everything and will return with their friends very soon, it has a nice scenic view, we had a outstanding waiter.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightFoodluverDined on 10/24/2014Loved the ambiance & scenery...sunset view was amazing. Great food & service, oysters were delicioso!Special Features:
- Service great, food ok, band loudKenSVIPDined on 10/24/2014Have been to Oystercatchers many times over last 15-20 years, and went this time with a group of 6 to celebrate a birthday. Our table had a great view and service was great, but other than those areas not impressed with Oystercatchers this time given the price point. Our food was good - not great - and the musician they had was so loud that our ability to converse was limited. We had raw oysters and salmon tacos - both very good - but ceviche and oysters Rockefeller so-so. Entrees ok - tuna bland and u memorable, and other fish dishes again ok but not nearly as good as previous times. Desserts were awesome. Our waiter was superb. Not sure on my "top places" list for Tampa anymore
- Great seafood spotSMJAZZVIPDined on 10/21/2014We've been eating at Oystercatcher's since it opened about 25 years ago and find it a very enjoyable spot for fresh, well-prepared fish and seafood with a lovely view of Tampa Bay. Not a typical hotel restaurant, it is on the grounds of the Grand Hyatt, Tampa, in a separate building right on the water. It is often quiet at lunch, more energetic at dinner, but always an excellent meal. Their Sunday brunch is one of the top 2 or 3 in the Tampa Bay area.Special Features:
- Dinner at Oystercatcher'sfit2eatDined on 10/18/2014Stone crab claws were delicious. We ordered the seafood grill and the stone crab claws and split both, and the waiter helped us by providing additional plates. Always excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningMyrlynDined on 10/18/2014Oystercatchers has remained consistently a great experience over the years. The ambiance is sophisticated without being stuffy. The wait staff were excellent - 2 waiters working in tandem and our main waiter made an excellent wine recommendation for the meal. Our entrees were the black grouper (beautifully seared) and the filet, both excellently prepared, followed with delicious key lime pie and Starbucks coffee. The only negative (for us) was that there was too much starch on the plate and not enough vegetables. We enjoyed the music tremendously, from classical and jazz to current popular music - he played it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scottish SalmonBillDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is consistently top of the line. The Scottish Salmon was exceptionally tasty and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Your restaurant is my favorite place to eat in Tampa. Everything! is excellent....everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TampaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always the best!!!!!! You cant beat this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone to the Sand Pearlvivi8588Dined on 10/17/2014It has always been a special occasion place to go and Friday night we were there for our 32 anniversary. The ambiance was wonderful. From there it went down hill. Our waitress had 0 personality, seemed as though she had someplace else she needed to be when taking our orders. The She Crab Soup was barely warm. We both ordered the Signature Seafood Entre. What a disappointment! 1 scallop, 1 shrimp, 1 piece of grouper, 1 piece of salmon, 1/2 lobster tail. The seafood was over cooked and warm/cold, the vegetables were warm on the outside and cold on the inside as if they had been under a heat lamp, and the potatoes seemed as if they were cooked the day before. Not what I would expect for a $42 entre. Should have gone to the Sand Pearl.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service & ambienceTampaFoodDudetteDined on 10/17/2014Had the most incredible meal. I think my husband would have licked the plate if he wasn't in such an upscale restaurant. Our servers Debra and Barry were excellent. I was not feeling well when I arrived and Debra brought me a special drink that made me feel100% better, Looks like some of their staff are doctors too! Would recommend and has now become our favorite special night out restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014great experience. Beautiful weather; outside seating.Special Features:
- FatsoDined on 10/12/2014Great selection of seafood , egg dishes and desserts. The mimosas and bloody mary are good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOOODHAPPYMIKEDined on 10/12/2014EXCELLENT, THANKS/ WE ALWAYS ENJOY A GOOS BRUNCH AT A SPECIAL PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch before the Bucs gamebruncherDined on 10/12/2014We had an awesome brunch before heading over to the Bucaneers football game. plenty of great food with a wide selection. from sliced beef, omelets, variations of seafood, oysters and some seriously delicious looking deserts I couldn't make it too. We were stuffed! Awesome!Special Features:
- BettyDined on 10/11/2014Loved the piano music with dinner. I had the chef's special scallop dinner. The spices were a little heavy for scallops and the wasabi was way too much but in general it was good. My husband really enjoyed the tuna and you have the best calamari in townSpecial Features:
- Excellent ChoiceGlamDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious.Myself and the party I was with all enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the service. The pianist was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heturned21Dined on 10/5/2014There was a good selection of items for brunch. The food was fresh, especially the sea food. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!SusanBDined on 10/5/2014We love the brunch at Oyster Catchers! We enjoyed great food and great service (Sebastian!!). We sat outside and we were relaxed and enjoyed the self-made Bloody Mary's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food bad service.Cth51Dined on 10/4/2014Our visited to oystercatchers was on a Saturday night. It first took 15 minutes just to order our cocktails and an appetizer. When the appetizer calamari arrived it was greasy. I got the mixed seafood dinner which was ok but my fiancé got the steak which arrived burnt and tasting like charcoal. For a restaurant that is $35-$45 a plate I was very unimpressed.
- srcriticDined on 10/3/2014Experience was excellent, but vegetables were undercooked -- told them that they were almost too crisp to cut -- and fish slightly overcooked Very expensive, worth more than average but not that much.Special Features:
- Over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I had a business lunch with 3 other people and the bill came to $125.00 including tip . I will not return due to the cost.Special Features:
- fishDined on 9/30/2014Exceptional food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend this gem. Black grouper was a great dish.Special Features:
- GrocellitaDined on 9/30/2014I took a friend to dinner for his birthday. The table was by the window and the view was incredible. The service was excellent. Dinner was an experience from the wine to the dessert. We had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.