2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oystercatchersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8132076815x
- Hours of Operation:
Back by popular demand Oystercatchers patio/bar area is now serving a light lunch on Saturdays from 11:30, no reservations needed. Our award winning Sunday Brunch is served from 10:30am to 2:00pm. We serve lunch Monday thru Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm and join us for a dinner experience like no other Monday thru Saturday from 5:30pm-10:00pm. Sunday 6:00pm-9:00pm. Join us for our fabulous Sunday Brunch
Adult $52.00 per person
Child under 4 free
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Chong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for Live Entertainment on Tuesdays and Saturdays @ 7PM
A word from Oystercatchers
Oystercatchers is located on the shores of the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. You drive down a winding road into the Ruelle as you approach the illuminated circle drive flanked by palm trees and bright flowerbeds. As you enter the restaurant through the lounge, you are taken back by the spectacular panoramic view of Old Tampa Bay. With its innovative cocktails and contemporary furniture, the lounge, outside patio and lower bay-level deck provide a comfortable yet chic hotspot for locals and visitors alike. Our visually stimulating water views and sunsets provide a unique environment to enjoy feature wines and appetizers. Our menu highlights an array of the freshest, wild and line caught fish available, organic produce and seafood specialties with a unique and contemporary flair. Oystercatchers... Even our sunsets are made fresh daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Oystercatchers - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Oystercatchers reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (153)special occasion (130)romantic (96)fit for foodies (83)great for brunch (67)great for outdoor dining (65)good for groups (55)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)Show More
- Dinner at Oystercatcher'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Stone crab claws were delicious. We ordered the seafood grill and the stone crab claws and split both, and the waiter helped us by providing additional plates. Always excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningMyrlynDined on 10/18/2014Oystercatchers has remained consistently a great experience over the years. The ambiance is sophisticated without being stuffy. The wait staff were excellent - 2 waiters working in tandem and our main waiter made an excellent wine recommendation for the meal. Our entrees were the black grouper (beautifully seared) and the filet, both excellently prepared, followed with delicious key lime pie and Starbucks coffee. The only negative (for us) was that there was too much starch on the plate and not enough vegetables. We enjoyed the music tremendously, from classical and jazz to current popular music - he played it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scottish SalmonBillDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is consistently top of the line. The Scottish Salmon was exceptionally tasty and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Your restaurant is my favorite place to eat in Tampa. Everything! is excellent....everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TampaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always the best!!!!!! You cant beat this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone to the Sand Pearlvivi8588Dined on 10/17/2014It has always been a special occasion place to go and Friday night we were there for our 32 anniversary. The ambiance was wonderful. From there it went down hill. Our waitress had 0 personality, seemed as though she had someplace else she needed to be when taking our orders. The She Crab Soup was barely warm. We both ordered the Signature Seafood Entre. What a disappointment! 1 scallop, 1 shrimp, 1 piece of grouper, 1 piece of salmon, 1/2 lobster tail. The seafood was over cooked and warm/cold, the vegetables were warm on the outside and cold on the inside as if they had been under a heat lamp, and the potatoes seemed as if they were cooked the day before. Not what I would expect for a $42 entre. Should have gone to the Sand Pearl.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service & ambienceTampaFoodDudetteDined on 10/17/2014Had the most incredible meal. I think my husband would have licked the plate if he wasn't in such an upscale restaurant. Our servers Debra and Barry were excellent. I was not feeling well when I arrived and Debra brought me a special drink that made me feel100% better, Looks like some of their staff are doctors too! Would recommend and has now become our favorite special night out restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014great experience. Beautiful weather; outside seating.Special Features:
- FatsoDined on 10/12/2014Great selection of seafood , egg dishes and desserts. The mimosas and bloody mary are good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOOODHAPPYMIKEDined on 10/12/2014EXCELLENT, THANKS/ WE ALWAYS ENJOY A GOOS BRUNCH AT A SPECIAL PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch before the Bucs gamebruncherDined on 10/12/2014We had an awesome brunch before heading over to the Bucaneers football game. plenty of great food with a wide selection. from sliced beef, omelets, variations of seafood, oysters and some seriously delicious looking deserts I couldn't make it too. We were stuffed! Awesome!Special Features:
- BettyDined on 10/11/2014Loved the piano music with dinner. I had the chef's special scallop dinner. The spices were a little heavy for scallops and the wasabi was way too much but in general it was good. My husband really enjoyed the tuna and you have the best calamari in townSpecial Features:
- Excellent ChoiceGlamDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious.Myself and the party I was with all enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the service. The pianist was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heturned21Dined on 10/5/2014There was a good selection of items for brunch. The food was fresh, especially the sea food. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!SusanBDined on 10/5/2014We love the brunch at Oyster Catchers! We enjoyed great food and great service (Sebastian!!). We sat outside and we were relaxed and enjoyed the self-made Bloody Mary's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food bad service.Cth51Dined on 10/4/2014Our visited to oystercatchers was on a Saturday night. It first took 15 minutes just to order our cocktails and an appetizer. When the appetizer calamari arrived it was greasy. I got the mixed seafood dinner which was ok but my fiancé got the steak which arrived burnt and tasting like charcoal. For a restaurant that is $35-$45 a plate I was very unimpressed.
- srcriticDined on 10/3/2014Experience was excellent, but vegetables were undercooked -- told them that they were almost too crisp to cut -- and fish slightly overcooked Very expensive, worth more than average but not that much.Special Features:
- Over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I had a business lunch with 3 other people and the bill came to $125.00 including tip . I will not return due to the cost.Special Features:
- fishDined on 9/30/2014Exceptional food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend this gem. Black grouper was a great dish.Special Features:
- GrocellitaDined on 9/30/2014I took a friend to dinner for his birthday. The table was by the window and the view was incredible. The service was excellent. Dinner was an experience from the wine to the dessert. We had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at OystercatchersJasonDined on 9/28/2014We went to brunch at Oystercatchers for our 7th wedding anniversary. There was an excellent selection of food ranging from breakfast omelets to sushi and the raw bar. We totally enjoyed our time sampling dishes from most of the stations. The mimosas were great and our glasses were never empty. A wonderful experience. Thanks Oystercatchers for making our day special.Special Features:
- SpectacularTampaChrisDined on 9/28/2014Best Sunday brunch in Tampa hands down. Great view, friendly service, outstanding food. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcriticabcDined on 9/23/2014As expected, the food was wonderfully delicious, the service was magnificent. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- CaptTDined on 9/21/2014Long time Oyterscatchers fan. Our favorite resturant in Tampa Bay Area. Only regret from dinner is the fish portion was too small on several orders. Mahi Mahi is an inexpensive fish. My guest loves seafood and his portion was very small. The difference between a 4 star and 5 star ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Brunch!TreborDined on 9/21/2014I'll never go to another restaurant in Tampa for brunch. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Chart House TampacharthousefanDined on 9/21/2014This was the fourth Chart House at which we have dined and we were looking forward to the experience. Unfortunately, the barman and the ambiance left us disappointed. We arrived early so as to have a pre dinner drink at the bar and the Hostess reminded us we were still in time for happy hour. Good start. The barman recommended a wine and we made the mistake of not inquiring the price. We were a bit shocked when he billed us $25.00 plus tax for two glasses of not very good house wine during happy hour. He claimed he didn't realize it was still happy hour despite us overhearing him telling a waitress as he was pouring our drinks that there was ten minutes to go before the end of happy hour. Other staff members gave excellent service.Special Features:
- ThegreekDined on 9/20/20146:30 reservation was made a few days in advance and had a wonderful view in a bay window overlooking Tampa Bay. The sun was spectacular as it set. For only a few well timed minutes before it set, the motorized see through shades came down so the sun would not spoil the view. Everything was terrific. Only if the sound level could be reduced some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but great foodSunnyflaDined on 9/20/2014Had a family dinner here last week. Food was expensive but great, we got the water view table we requested, service was very good. Only thing that could have been better was there was a little too long of a wait for our server to come between courses. The lobster Mac and cheese was a big hit - we shared one order among us. The various seafood entrees were all delicious and all of the entrees came out at the same time. Key lime pie was great too.Special Features:
- Best scallops in Tampa BayJoecDined on 9/20/2014We eat out 3 or 4 times a month and always try to visit different restaurants. Oystercatchers is the best seafood we have had in the bay area. We sat outside, what a view! Our server, Drew, was terrific. You don't mind paying a bit more for great food, ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestKentuckyBurbonDined on 9/20/2014Cocktails were creative, fresh and delicious! For appetizers we had the oysters and the pork belly. Unlike anything we have had before. The flavors were a perfect combination. For dinner hubby and I split the seafood grill with the crab grits. Everything was cooked to perfection and so delicious. The view was superb, looking forward to return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Anniversary Sunset DinnertgboothathomeDined on 9/20/2014We've enjoyed this restaurant several times, but this visit was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceluvfoodDined on 9/19/2014Outstanding evening. We were given an excellent table with a view of the gulf. Our waiter was very professional, attentive but not intrusive. Service was not rushed with thoughtful timing between appetizer and entree. Even the wine service was timely, with more concern for our enjoyment rather than emptying the bottle so we might buy another. It was a Birthday celebration and the restaurant made it a special one.The food preparation was outstanding, we could not have asked for a more enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Tampa Gem for great foodHsy2550VIPDined on 9/19/2014I often get to Tampa and when I do, I try to get to Oystercaters. The menu selections had changed, but there were still fantastic selections of seafood, chicken and steaks. The restaurant attracts quite a few hotel guest from the Grand Hyatt. The food is always fresh and well prepared. The service is stellar and I have never had a bad meal there. It is not a tourist spot, so you will have to go off the beaten path to find it. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningRestaurant8Dined on 9/18/2014It felt like our anniversary, though not for another couple months. View, food,wine,staff and ambiance amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceExmns3001Dined on 9/14/2014Very attentive staff, amazing view and great food. Couldn't have pick a better place for my anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We went there for a convenient place near the airport. The people we were meeting took the hotel shuttle so they did not have to rent car and find the location. Food was great. We had a quiet corner with a great few to discuss our topics.Special Features:
- In and out in under 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We pulled up to drop off the ladies in our foursome and were greeted by a valet. No sign for valet, he wasn't wearing a uniform or even a name tag. I said I would like to self park, he made a nasty comment and left the door ajar. (btw, it is my custom to tip the valet even when I self park, but not this time). We then entered the restaurant, were greeted pleasantly, then seated. Very nice decor, however, I did request a table with a view of the sunset. We were seated behind a pole with only one person having a view. (there were other tables available) Then the power went out, just for about a minute. Then, the power went out again for good. We were not offered drinks or anything, the restaurant started to fill with smoke, we left.Special Features:
- Great DiningTempleDined on 9/7/2014Excellent seafood especially the yellowfin tuna and the oysters. Friendly staff and really nice position makes this ideal for a special occasion with a great sunset view over Tampa Bay.Special Features:
- Always impressedLuvcatchersDined on 9/6/2014The venue is one of the best in Florida. The service seems to be better every time. The food NEVER disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarygreatbitesoutDined on 9/5/2014First time dinning wanted a nice out of the way place not a commercial type place this was the perfect fit. Great view great sunset. Service tip notch. Very much a seafood restaurant but the filet was perfect one of best I have had. Lobster mac and cheese also a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.