2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oystercatchersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8132076815x
- Hours of Operation:
Back by popular demand Oystercatchers patio/bar area is now serving a light lunch on Saturdays from 11:30, no reservations needed. Our award winning Sunday Brunch is served from 10:30am to 2:00pm. We serve lunch Monday thru Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm and join us for a dinner experience like no other Monday thru Saturday from 5:30pm-10:00pm. Sunday 6:00pm-9:00pm. Join us for our fabulous Sunday Brunch
Adult $52.00 per person
Child under 4 free
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Chong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for Live Entertainment on Tuesdays and Saturdays @ 7PM
A word from Oystercatchers
Oystercatchers is located on the shores of the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. You drive down a winding road into the Ruelle as you approach the illuminated circle drive flanked by palm trees and bright flowerbeds. As you enter the restaurant through the lounge, you are taken back by the spectacular panoramic view of Old Tampa Bay. With its innovative cocktails and contemporary furniture, the lounge, outside patio and lower bay-level deck provide a comfortable yet chic hotspot for locals and visitors alike. Our visually stimulating water views and sunsets provide a unique environment to enjoy feature wines and appetizers. Our menu highlights an array of the freshest, wild and line caught fish available, organic produce and seafood specialties with a unique and contemporary flair. Oystercatchers... Even our sunsets are made fresh daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oystercatchers - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Oystercatchers reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (145)special occasion (115)romantic (88)fit for foodies (71)great for brunch (57)great for outdoor dining (57)good for groups (42)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)Show More
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Was our first visit, I was happy to see we received a window seat as requested, the wife and I found it to be exceptional, *our only regret was we arrived 1400 hours (reservation) to find the brunch was over at 1430 hours, a bit disappointing but I guess that's my fault for not observing the brunch schedule, that aside we will definitely be returning (earlier brunch next time) and we are looking forward to trying it for diner very soon as well. PS: I believe our waiter was Damian (I hope thats correct) he did an excellent job taking care of us. thank you Damian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeamusDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and fine service. Portions are of a reasonable size, quite satisfactory. Pricey but worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAvatarDined on 8/23/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times, and always enjoyed the beautiful scenic views, good food and great service. I wish it wasn't as pricey, so we could enjoy it more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal food/ great view of bayfoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014It is a "sin" in my book to visit a great city with several great restaurants and dine at the same place twice. I intentionally broke this moral code with OysterCatchers. Ate there on Saturday and then again for Sunday brunch. Daniel was our exceptional waiter... Service was impeccable. Conversation was sincere. Steve the manager also gave us individual attention. Very well run and they both infused a sense of belonging to our outstanding experience ... With a perfect view of the Bay, food that made me want to cry... Service that was outstanding. A Tampa blessing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014So glad I found this place! Best seafood and dinner choices in Tampa. Everything my party of 12 had was amazing! The service from our waiter Max was superb. The only reason I did not give 5 stars overall is because my party did not get seated until our entire group arrived even though I asked for them to be seated as they arrived and given appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We travel once a month to Tampa and always look for a new place to dine. Although Oystercatchers is not new, we had not heard of it. Upon finding it and looking at the menu, we decided to try it as it was on the way to a concert we were going to in Clearwater. The seafood is fresh and is served with wonderful sides and lovely presentation. Our server Charles was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and had wonderful suggestions as well as a great sense of humor (which we LOVE). Oystercatchers is a throwback to when service was on par with the fine quality of food. Although we do enjoy dining a restaurants that are more modern in style and service, this type of restaurant is a dying breed and thoroughly appreciated by us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our servers were wonderful. Very helpful and very attentive. Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to gave a good timeGr8tmealDined on 8/19/2014Nice, elegant, romantic and quality place to have dinner and downtime. Red snapper was great:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent fish and seafood. I am a fisherman and rarely say that about any restaurant as I eat the freshest fish all the time. However, the fish here was very good.Special Features:
- StuartyDined on 8/17/2014Brunch was very good with so much to choose from. Waiter was a bit slow at first but warmed up when he realised that we were there for a good time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good views, bad food, bad serviceWalterDined on 8/16/201435 min wait with a reservation, the black grouper was very over done, took 2.5 hours to get out of there with two people, overall bad experience.
- palealeblondeDined on 8/16/2014It was a great place to have lunch. the view is awesome and the food is just perfect!Special Features:
- The food was life- changingLOVEURFOODDined on 8/15/2014My server was fantastic and the food even better. I will return on my travels again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GoodCatchTampaDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food and experience. Very efficient, helpful and pleasant waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014great food and service - had a window and watched the sunset. so very coolI would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveFCBarcelonaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent snapper & lobster tempura. Great seafoodSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantAlexDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I were in Tampa this weekend, and I found this restaurant on tripadvisor. We took a chance, and we were happy we did. The food was amazing. The presentation, the quality and the taste was great. It was a little on the pricy side, but what do you expect for a nice dinner? We will go back there when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but priceyTerryDined on 8/7/2014Spent a week in the Tampa area trying to find good seafood, this was it, but at a cost of over $200 for 3 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longtime CustomerTheFloridianVIPDined on 8/3/2014While the view is wonderful and the food is still very good, the service has been declining for some reason. We had been longtime regular customers for many many years, but had not been in over a year after noticing a decline in the quality of service. We returned this week hoping to see that it had turned around and was stunned to have received not only poor service but what I would consider the worst service I have ever experienced in a restaurant of any kind. We enjoy fine dining and do not mind paying a few hundred dollars for nice evening out but to spend that much for an unpleasant experience is not acceptable. I do hope this was a fluke at what is otherwise a nice restaurant. However, we will not be returning.Special Features:
- Not bad, just dissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I used to frequent the OC brunch with my family while I lived with them. Two years away at college and it just doesn't feel special anymore. I'd expect to pay about $20, overlook the "ehh" stuff and be happy with what we got. To spend $280 feeding 5 people though, we felt like chumps for taking my mom here to celebrate her birthday - My dad and I agreed that visibly cut corners made it hard to take pride in where we had brought her. Please don't slash the number of offerings at the brunch, but I can't see my family coming back until we know that half-hearted sections of the brunch have been addressed. I would love to try again when OC has made every part of the brunch a high-caliber experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!Aura58VIPDined on 8/2/2014The best scallops I have ever eaten! Melted in your mouth! Waiter was attentive and friendly. Can't wait to go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutDined on 8/2/2014Made reservation a week in advance for party of 7. Requested round or square table, which was not provided though easily could have been as restaurant was not crowded at all. Was seated @ rectangular table in a small area of room immediately next to another table for 8. Noise level generated was almost intolerable. Service was slow. Will be a long time 'til I return.
- Good Food, Great ViewpaulynDined on 7/31/2014My party sampled everything from soup, salad, sandwich, entrée and desert. All of the dishes were flavorful and met expectations. The view was terrific and the environment was comfortable and relaxed. The server struggled a bit with the initial order. Instead of a grouper sandwich, one of our party members ended up with fish and chips. It took longer than expected to our food. Tables around us ordered and were finishing their meals by the time our food arrived. The server's demeanor was polite, friendly, and trying hard to make our special occasion a lovely one with beautiful deserts. I appreciated that effort greatly. I would definitely recommend the restaurant for future lunch events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK but nothing specialRSfromDunedinDined on 7/31/2014Went for an anniversary lunch in July. It was freezing inside; should have brought a sweater. I think they were understaffed because even though the restaurant was not even half full, service was slow. It appeared that the few waitresses were overtasked. The grouper sandwich was OK and the seafood macaroni my husband ordered was also just OK. For such a pretentious place (and expensive) the food presentation could have been better. We are local, and will probably choose a place closer to home for a nice lunch.Special Features:
- Wife's Birthday BrunchtampaboymarkDined on 7/27/2014My wife's Birthday was this past Sunday. We are new transplants to the Tampa area, and a friend of mine from work recommended the Sunday brunch at Oystercatchers. He gave me a great recommendation as the brunch was awesome! Quail egg omelets, caviar, an array of entrees and salads to wow you. Not to mention the clam and oyster bar, and the multitude of desserts. My wife loved the Bloody Mary bar which is included as well. It was a great afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FiddlestyxDined on 7/26/2014The food was absolutely marvous, our server was great, and we were not rushed. The sunset view on the bay was panoramic and beautiful. Our request for a window table was honored. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Venue...MSNY7VIPDined on 7/25/2014When I spend $200+ on dinner for 2 w/o WINE, I expect not to eat in 40 minutes. As frustrating as a long wait for food courses can be, serving food at the speed of a NY Diner is not FINE DINING...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughsalty123Dined on 7/19/2014The food was for the price a disappointment. We order two seafood grills and two specials surf and turf. All items on the plate were over salted and black peppered to the point that it ruined all the flavors of what was an excellent filet minion and lobster. The best calamari I had in the USA after my Mother's and an excellent pudding. Everyones entree were way to salty. We should have return them but we were eating late, my parents were tired and it was their 52 Anniversary. We were disappointed to say the least.,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best water view in TampaDJSliceDined on 7/17/2014The sunset view during dinner is amazing. Food is great and service was good also. Great date spot but the food is better at Pane Rustica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ExperienceDMichaelCooperDined on 7/12/2014Nice dinner experience in typical fashion of the upper scale offering of a large hotel. Cuisine was good to very good, service was standard, dining room was modern and clean, piano player added a very nice touch, views of the bay and the sunset were fantastic. Comfortable that returning would provide me with another good experience, however, it wouldn't be my first choice when considering more of a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Just another day in paradiseaviewiseverythingDined on 7/10/2014Brought a friend for her birthday and she was impressed. Food was great. View was wonderful. Service the best. Atmosphere just right We were treated so well. Friendly and welcome.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY AMONG THE BESTSmartdogDined on 7/8/2014Another great meal at Oyster Catcher's. The tuna tartare was perfect and the grouper had an inventive preparation that beats the ever popular fried. Service is crisp and efficient and helpful. When weather cooperates, the outdoor area is very special for a quiet dinner. The indoor part does get loud when large groups are there.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysMikeDined on 7/8/2014Whenever the mood strikes us for seafood they are the first choice. Food is always the finest. Service is exceptional. SO just a fantastic place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!KelliDined on 7/8/2014I travel to Tampa on business a couple times a year and I make sure to dine at Oystercatchers - whether for a business meeting or just for myself. The food is to die for and the service is out of this world. Not to mention the fabulous view. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- great foodfoodieDined on 7/8/2014love this place more each time. Great seafood. nice view of the water. wish self parking was more convenient or at least labelled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good night outwineguyDined on 7/5/2014I liked the waiter. Attentive but not over bearing. Food was good but not great. Presentation of the food was exceptional. Oysters Rockefeller were incredible. Black grouper was very small and not fresh. Whole red fish was over fried and greasy. Dessert, creme Brule was generous and tasty. House chard was good for the bottle price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatoutDined on 7/5/2014Busy made it a bit noisy and rushed. Very good menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!CathyDined on 7/5/2014We met friends for dinner, and wete all extremely pleased with the grouper, Chilean Sea Bass and snapper meals. The view is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGeordieladDined on 7/5/2014I remember Oystercatchers as being a very attractive and service orientated restaurant. What a pity that their standards have declined. We almost felt like intruders when we arrived and were shown to the cocktail bar. The person there was somewhat irritated (it appeared) that we may have interrupted his siesta. There were no 'nibbles' on any table. When shown to a table there was no-one to assist the lady in being seated and no one to arrange the serviettes. There was no butter knife on the side plates and onl one knife and fork when it was likely several courses would be consumed and no soup spoon either. No fish knives and forks. The standards and service are severely lacking.Special Features:
- Great anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We were looking for great food, great service and a great view. Oystercatchers did not disappoint! It is a perfect anniversary location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.