2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oystercatchersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8132076815x
- Hours of Operation:
Back by popular demand Oystercatchers patio/bar area is now serving a light lunch on Saturdays from 11:30, no reservations needed. Our award winning Sunday Brunch is served from 10:30am to 2:00pm. We serve lunch Monday thru Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm and join us for a dinner experience like no other Monday thru Saturday from 5:30pm-10:00pm. Sunday 6:00pm-9:00pm. Join us for our fabulous Sunday Brunch
Adult $52.00 per person
Child under 4 free
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Chong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for Live Entertainment on Tuesdays and Saturdays @ 7PM
A word from Oystercatchers
Oystercatchers is located on the shores of the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. You drive down a winding road into the Ruelle as you approach the illuminated circle drive flanked by palm trees and bright flowerbeds. As you enter the restaurant through the lounge, you are taken back by the spectacular panoramic view of Old Tampa Bay. With its innovative cocktails and contemporary furniture, the lounge, outside patio and lower bay-level deck provide a comfortable yet chic hotspot for locals and visitors alike. Our visually stimulating water views and sunsets provide a unique environment to enjoy feature wines and appetizers. Our menu highlights an array of the freshest, wild and line caught fish available, organic produce and seafood specialties with a unique and contemporary flair. Oystercatchers... Even our sunsets are made fresh daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Oystercatchers - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Oystercatchers reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (147)special occasion (117)romantic (85)fit for foodies (76)great for brunch (56)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (47)great for lunch (36)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)Show More
- Brunch at OystercatchersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We went to brunch at Oystercatchers for our 7th wedding anniversary. There was an excellent selection of food ranging from breakfast omelets to sushi and the raw bar. We totally enjoyed our time sampling dishes from most of the stations. The mimosas were great and our glasses were never empty. A wonderful experience. Thanks Oystercatchers for making our day special.Special Features:
- SpectacularTampaChrisDined on 9/28/2014Best Sunday brunch in Tampa hands down. Great view, friendly service, outstanding food. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcriticabcDined on 9/23/2014As expected, the food was wonderfully delicious, the service was magnificent. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- CaptTDined on 9/21/2014Long time Oyterscatchers fan. Our favorite resturant in Tampa Bay Area. Only regret from dinner is the fish portion was too small on several orders. Mahi Mahi is an inexpensive fish. My guest loves seafood and his portion was very small. The difference between a 4 star and 5 star ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Brunch!TreborDined on 9/21/2014I'll never go to another restaurant in Tampa for brunch. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Chart House TampacharthousefanDined on 9/21/2014This was the fourth Chart House at which we have dined and we were looking forward to the experience. Unfortunately, the barman and the ambiance left us disappointed. We arrived early so as to have a pre dinner drink at the bar and the Hostess reminded us we were still in time for happy hour. Good start. The barman recommended a wine and we made the mistake of not inquiring the price. We were a bit shocked when he billed us $25.00 plus tax for two glasses of not very good house wine during happy hour. He claimed he didn't realize it was still happy hour despite us overhearing him telling a waitress as he was pouring our drinks that there was ten minutes to go before the end of happy hour. Other staff members gave excellent service.Special Features:
- ThegreekDined on 9/20/20146:30 reservation was made a few days in advance and had a wonderful view in a bay window overlooking Tampa Bay. The sun was spectacular as it set. For only a few well timed minutes before it set, the motorized see through shades came down so the sun would not spoil the view. Everything was terrific. Only if the sound level could be reduced some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but great foodSunnyflaDined on 9/20/2014Had a family dinner here last week. Food was expensive but great, we got the water view table we requested, service was very good. Only thing that could have been better was there was a little too long of a wait for our server to come between courses. The lobster Mac and cheese was a big hit - we shared one order among us. The various seafood entrees were all delicious and all of the entrees came out at the same time. Key lime pie was great too.Special Features:
- Best scallops in Tampa BayJoecDined on 9/20/2014We eat out 3 or 4 times a month and always try to visit different restaurants. Oystercatchers is the best seafood we have had in the bay area. We sat outside, what a view! Our server, Drew, was terrific. You don't mind paying a bit more for great food, ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestKentuckyBurbonDined on 9/20/2014Cocktails were creative, fresh and delicious! For appetizers we had the oysters and the pork belly. Unlike anything we have had before. The flavors were a perfect combination. For dinner hubby and I split the seafood grill with the crab grits. Everything was cooked to perfection and so delicious. The view was superb, looking forward to return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Anniversary Sunset DinnertgboothathomeDined on 9/20/2014We've enjoyed this restaurant several times, but this visit was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceluvfoodDined on 9/19/2014Outstanding evening. We were given an excellent table with a view of the gulf. Our waiter was very professional, attentive but not intrusive. Service was not rushed with thoughtful timing between appetizer and entree. Even the wine service was timely, with more concern for our enjoyment rather than emptying the bottle so we might buy another. It was a Birthday celebration and the restaurant made it a special one.The food preparation was outstanding, we could not have asked for a more enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Tampa Gem for great foodHsy2550VIPDined on 9/19/2014I often get to Tampa and when I do, I try to get to Oystercaters. The menu selections had changed, but there were still fantastic selections of seafood, chicken and steaks. The restaurant attracts quite a few hotel guest from the Grand Hyatt. The food is always fresh and well prepared. The service is stellar and I have never had a bad meal there. It is not a tourist spot, so you will have to go off the beaten path to find it. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningRestaurant8Dined on 9/18/2014It felt like our anniversary, though not for another couple months. View, food,wine,staff and ambiance amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceExmns3001Dined on 9/14/2014Very attentive staff, amazing view and great food. Couldn't have pick a better place for my anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We went there for a convenient place near the airport. The people we were meeting took the hotel shuttle so they did not have to rent car and find the location. Food was great. We had a quiet corner with a great few to discuss our topics.Special Features:
- In and out in under 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We pulled up to drop off the ladies in our foursome and were greeted by a valet. No sign for valet, he wasn't wearing a uniform or even a name tag. I said I would like to self park, he made a nasty comment and left the door ajar. (btw, it is my custom to tip the valet even when I self park, but not this time). We then entered the restaurant, were greeted pleasantly, then seated. Very nice decor, however, I did request a table with a view of the sunset. We were seated behind a pole with only one person having a view. (there were other tables available) Then the power went out, just for about a minute. Then, the power went out again for good. We were not offered drinks or anything, the restaurant started to fill with smoke, we left.Special Features:
- Great DiningTempleDined on 9/7/2014Excellent seafood especially the yellowfin tuna and the oysters. Friendly staff and really nice position makes this ideal for a special occasion with a great sunset view over Tampa Bay.Special Features:
- Always impressedLuvcatchersDined on 9/6/2014The venue is one of the best in Florida. The service seems to be better every time. The food NEVER disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarygreatbitesoutDined on 9/5/2014First time dinning wanted a nice out of the way place not a commercial type place this was the perfect fit. Great view great sunset. Service tip notch. Very much a seafood restaurant but the filet was perfect one of best I have had. Lobster mac and cheese also a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AnnaDined on 8/31/2014Great buffet brunch with endless mimosas! Also a bloody Mary bar. The food was great and the view is perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchTLW1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Still the best Sunday Brunch in Tampa. Worth the money for the variety of food stations, fresh seafood and unlimited champagne. Great water view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Sitting looking out at the water and eating great food--doesn't get any better. Thanks Oystercatchers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!KmilDined on 8/30/2014One of my favorite places to eat in Tampa. One of the few places I've found great care is put into every course of the meal. Love the Grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in TampaPaneNotDined on 8/28/2014Oystercathers is a genuine Pearl! Upon entering the restaurant, you are greeted by a warm and friendly maitre de, and escorted to your table (with a smile!). The waitstaff was friendly, informative (not overbearing) with local food recommendations and wine pairings, and very accommodating. The view from our table was breathtaking. We dined at sunset. It was a magical painted picture. We had the blackened grouper and filet mignon. Both were expertly prepared, piping hot on delivery and full of flavor. The sourdough bread which was delivered hot & fresh with Vermont Cream Butter and smoked sea salt, it was intoxicating. That is almost reason enough to try this great restaurant. We ended our meal with freshly baked key lime pie. WOW!Special Features:
- OversoldRPDinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014We found the food okay, but not outstanding, especially considering the prices. Good service. Great view. Rather out of the way.
- Outstanding!!Gwap903Dined on 8/24/2014Was our first visit, I was happy to see we received a window seat as requested, the wife and I found it to be exceptional, *our only regret was we arrived 1400 hours (reservation) to find the brunch was over at 1430 hours, a bit disappointing but I guess that's my fault for not observing the brunch schedule, that aside we will definitely be returning (earlier brunch next time) and we are looking forward to trying it for diner very soon as well. PS: I believe our waiter was Damian (I hope thats correct) he did an excellent job taking care of us. thank you Damian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeamusDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and fine service. Portions are of a reasonable size, quite satisfactory. Pricey but worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAvatarDined on 8/23/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times, and always enjoyed the beautiful scenic views, good food and great service. I wish it wasn't as pricey, so we could enjoy it more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal food/ great view of bayfoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014It is a "sin" in my book to visit a great city with several great restaurants and dine at the same place twice. I intentionally broke this moral code with OysterCatchers. Ate there on Saturday and then again for Sunday brunch. Daniel was our exceptional waiter... Service was impeccable. Conversation was sincere. Steve the manager also gave us individual attention. Very well run and they both infused a sense of belonging to our outstanding experience ... With a perfect view of the Bay, food that made me want to cry... Service that was outstanding. A Tampa blessing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014So glad I found this place! Best seafood and dinner choices in Tampa. Everything my party of 12 had was amazing! The service from our waiter Max was superb. The only reason I did not give 5 stars overall is because my party did not get seated until our entire group arrived even though I asked for them to be seated as they arrived and given appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We travel once a month to Tampa and always look for a new place to dine. Although Oystercatchers is not new, we had not heard of it. Upon finding it and looking at the menu, we decided to try it as it was on the way to a concert we were going to in Clearwater. The seafood is fresh and is served with wonderful sides and lovely presentation. Our server Charles was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and had wonderful suggestions as well as a great sense of humor (which we LOVE). Oystercatchers is a throwback to when service was on par with the fine quality of food. Although we do enjoy dining a restaurants that are more modern in style and service, this type of restaurant is a dying breed and thoroughly appreciated by us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our servers were wonderful. Very helpful and very attentive. Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to gave a good timeGr8tmealDined on 8/19/2014Nice, elegant, romantic and quality place to have dinner and downtime. Red snapper was great:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent fish and seafood. I am a fisherman and rarely say that about any restaurant as I eat the freshest fish all the time. However, the fish here was very good.Special Features:
- StuartyDined on 8/17/2014Brunch was very good with so much to choose from. Waiter was a bit slow at first but warmed up when he realised that we were there for a good time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBefersDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I go here a few times a year for Sunday brunch. Never disappoints. Can't wait to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good views, bad food, bad serviceWalterDined on 8/16/201435 min wait with a reservation, the black grouper was very over done, took 2.5 hours to get out of there with two people, overall bad experience.
- palealeblondeDined on 8/16/2014It was a great place to have lunch. the view is awesome and the food is just perfect!Special Features:
- The food was life- changingLOVEURFOODDined on 8/15/2014My server was fantastic and the food even better. I will return on my travels again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.