Oyster Seafood & Rawbar
502-475 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2B3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oyster Seafood & Rawbar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rawbar.ca/
- Phone: 6048990323
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Saturday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Oyster Seafood & Rawbar
Vancouver’s financial district raw bar and seafood restaurant. We are all about sustainable seafood with local ingredients and the freshest oyster's in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oyster Seafood & Rawbar reviews from OpenTable diners
- small, loud but fresh foodvashondougDined on 8/15/2013Likes: Freshness of food in general, oysters in particular Very good, attentive table service Dislikes: Not for the hearing challenged, loud after work crowd insmall space Chairs did not have a back 2 orders of Bbq oysters came cold (which the waitress took off our bill w/o us having to askSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was all-good! EspeciallyLebuDined on 8/6/2013The food was all-good! Especially the oyster motoyaki. There was only one server, who was excellent, but she could have used some help. It is a very small space so don't expect your conversation to be private.Special Features:
- neighborhood secretOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2013By chance found this gem! Evita, our server, oyster shucker, hostess supreme made our Sunday dinner a pleasure! Her knowledge of menu resulted in excellent choices that left us truly satisfied. Not to mention the kangaroo tartar...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2013The portions are small and now I understand why the menu prices seem reasonable for Vancouver. The food was ok and service was friendly. We had the mixed steamer, cioppino, gnocchi , and cooked oyster appetizers. I should've planned ahead and gotten reservations at the many other wonderful seafood restaurants in town.
- Delightful TreatHappyladyVIPDined on 7/27/2013Oysters was quite a lovely surprise as the atmosphere upon entertaining was welcoming & quaint. We were greeted by a lovely "do it all", server who made us feel welcomed to her home. The oyster specials & drink of the day, defined and upon ordering she was back at the bar, shucking , preparing our drinks and then serving us. Our service was very impressive , oysters delicious and salad crisp, fresh & plenty. Fish entrees ( sable, scallops , fresh vegetables), absolutely delicious. Looking forward to a return visit to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love oysters...MissDined on 7/1/2013Great oyster bar at local setting. The restaurant is small so reservations should be made on weekends. The food is good and reasonable. ( we are from NY where food tends to be high). We had the sable and seafood stew and it was cooked to perfection. The only downside is that the servers do everything- shuck the oysters, bartend, and cleanup. So they can be overwhelmed if it's crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveningvancityduck13VIPDined on 6/20/2013amazing oysters!! service was impeccable! we had two dozen oysters and between 4-7 pm. Its a buck a shuck! served with delicous sauces...Our dinner soon followed by two delicous bowls of clam and mussels steamers enjoyed with a few glasses of a very nice cabernet. I thouroughly enoyed OYSTER! On Mondays they have 50 % off on wine bottles. Good food at reasonable prices! Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Located near the Four Seasons HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2013The service on Friday night at this restaurant was first class. I started my meal off with the Oysters Rockefeller and they were juicy, flavorful, and filling. For my entrée, I tried the Filet Migon. It was outstanding…perfectly cooked and was one of the best I have ever eaten. The wine list was nice but it could use a few more selections. I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at this restaurant. I will definitely return on my next trip to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deals !WoodyDined on 6/10/2013I really appreciated the oysters at $1 each untill 6pm and 50% discount on bottles of wine. Muscadet at $20 instead of $40, this is perfect with oystersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters in VancouverFrequentTravelerHLVIPDined on 6/4/2013This is a very small room (approximately seats 20 person). When you walk in, you are reminded of a "whole-in-wall." Do not let that deter you, the person at the bar is friendly and quite customer focused. The oysters were wonderful as was the salmon. The music coming over the speaker system was traditional jazz. After a long trip from Baltimore and the anticipation of four days of meeting, I found Oyster Seafood and Rawbar exactly what I needed for a respite before the intense activities of meetings and commitments. HLSpecial Features:
- Oysters, wine and dinegrubhunterDined on 5/28/2013This is a GREAT little place with wonderful and friendly service and ambiance. Perfect for couples who want some great oysters and dinner with a setting that allows conversations. Evita and Inese do a fabulous job and take car elf everyone with a smile. We went here for apps before having dinner at Carderos (great view, average food) and then came back and ordered the crab cake entree here!!!!! We should have had dinner at Oyster as their food is wonderful. We spent 5 days in Vancouver for 25th anniv, and I am an Oyster junkie. I tried several very good places, but this is the best!!!!!!!4-7 pm buck a shuck!!!!! Love it!!! Remember, this is not a fast food joint...so just slow down, enjoy your time with friends and gave great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greatjac123Dined on 5/23/2013Just had a terrific time. Oysters are always fresh. Had the Steamed Everything and it was a excting to get spotted prawns with this dish as they are in season. Make reservations as this is a very small establishment.Special Features:
- Awesome SeafooditsevolutionbbyDined on 5/8/2013Amazing Oysters, good ambiance (if you don't get the little table in the back), food was excellent. Little slow on the service but there was 2 girls shucking and serving so they did the best they could. The Salmon Flatbread is PHENOMENAL. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- A tiny perfect gem tuckedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2013A tiny perfect gem tucked away in a classic building. The oysters were to die for -- several varieties available, very fresh, simply presented. The other items we ordered were good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- It was awesome, the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013It was awesome, the food was great!! My friend really liked the restaurant herself as that was her first time. She really enjoyed the music, atmosphere and definitely the food as well.Will definitely be back :)Special Features:
- Every single dish was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Every single dish was outstanding. Its a real find in an otherwise dreary downtown at night.Special Features:
- Beautiful Little Gemjac123Dined on 3/23/2013Very small but the food was terrific. Had both the buck a shuck and the Everything steamed seafood. All was fantastic. The Martini's were perfect.Special Features:
- Was very disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Was very disappointed in the portion size of the sable fish, literally 2 bites. I've never been served such a small piece before and was basically told that it's exactly the same size....I'm not stupid!!Special Features:
- Great StaffSteveVIPDined on 3/7/2013Excellent as always, a quaint little spot but great experienceSpecial Features:
- the service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013the service was excellent and the woman who shucked the oysters was very attentive even though she was super busy. Love the ambience and it felt cosy and not too noisy or crowded even there are very few tables.Special Features:
- Great oysters! Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Great oysters! Service was really slow since there was only one girl working the bar and shucking oysters.Special Features:
- The oysters were decent. CheapGee005Dined on 2/22/2013The oysters were decent. Cheap though. Everything else tasted good but expensive. The wine was evening expensive. Not a cheap meal afterall.
- A Quaint Spot for a Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013I would highly recommend this restaurant for those who love oysters or seafood and like a quiet and relaxing enviornment. It is a quaint and intimate environment, due to its small size, and just right for a dinner for two. The early evening specials make this restaurant a must-visit-again dining choice as you walk away very satisfied having enjoyed a delightful meal at a good price.Special Features:
- the waitress was nice whenisabella000VIPDined on 2/15/2013the waitress was nice when we first sat down and when we made our first round of orders. but afterwards she was inside the kitchen and chatting with another person (since we could sort of hear their conversation) behind the curtains and did not check on us for a good 10min. we wanted to order more things but she just did not come back at all. we had to call out "excuse me!" to get her attention (there were not other customers around at all). we only tried the oysters and they were really fresh and tasty but base on the service, we might not go back again.
- Best deal on oysters in town!ClandrockDined on 2/14/2013Made a reservation for Valentines Day, and Oyster did not dissapoint. While the servers (also the owners?) are a little rough around the edges, they were helpful and did there best. The food was amazing, buck a shuck from 5-7p everyday is the best deal in town; the crab cakes were by far the best i have ever had; and the mussels were done to perfection and not swimming in overdone wine sauce like most places. Its a small place, seats only 15-20 ppl, so make a reservation to gurantee a seat. The location in the old stock exchange building is super cool. Great place for a date, not so great for a big group outing.Special Features:
- Felt cheated. The server whoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013Felt cheated. The server who greeted/seated us said the first two dozen oysters were a buck a chuck -- period. Before ordering, we confirmed the price. Yet, when she presented the bill, we faced a very different price. When we questioned the server she said, in her broken English, that only some of the oysters were included in the buck a shuck. We paid the bill but we felt ripped off because she changed the story to only one variety being a buck and the other ones ranged from $2.75 to $3.50 an oyster. It was no mistake and she clearly knew what she was doing. Rather than make a scene we paid the bill. In addition the wine was extremely expensive in view of the poor quality of the wine on the list.
- some of the daily oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013some of the daily oysters are only a dollar from 5 - 7Special Features:
- Great oysters, very fresh,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Great oysters, very fresh, very delicious. Restaurant was extremely small and the portion was just ridiculous tiny. It's a great place to taste some food but nothing more than that.Special Features:
- Oysters were so fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Oysters were so fresh and the atmosphere was intimate. Great place to bring a date:)Special Features:
- I absolutely love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I absolutely love this restaurant! They have the best oysters all around!Special Features:
- Food was great and price wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2013Food was great and price was reasonable. Not a lot of seating space. Would go back for sure.
- Excellent food but with aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Excellent food but with a reservation made weeks in advance and a half empty restaurant, we were understandably surprised that two dishes were forgotten (and the servers never owned up or apologized) and no one got to eat at the same time. There was a 45 min time difference between when the first and last at our table were served their mains. Brutal service. Adding in an auto gratuity to the bill yet failing to deliver on decent service is presumptuous and arrogant.
- The food on the menu we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012The food on the menu we had (scallops and crab cakes) were excellent. I would have had 2 doz raw oysters but oysters hadn't arrived yet. As it was I had 1/2 doz raw oysters and they were to die for.....At .75 per oyster this is a steal. Rodney's Oyster House charges 1.50 per oyster and I like their ambience but they aren't Oceanwise. With raw items like oysters a greater variety of sauces could be available.Special Features:
- Best oysters in townBipqweVIPDined on 12/21/2012some of the best oysters I've had. great place for after work drinks and oysters. we had the oysters and clams & mussels. they were all excellent.Special Features:
- Tiny and goog.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/15/2012Really small restaurant (maybe holds 20 people) but really good food. Especially if you like oysters.Special Features:
- service is good~ but the restaurantMsMoodyDined on 12/15/2012service is good~ but the restaurant is too small. it's nice if have a drink there, but not for dinner tho~
- This place is such a find.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012This place is such a find. Great place for romantics......and great for a social outing with close friends. I would recommend to anyone who loves seafood, wine and great company.Special Features:
- Simply fantastic. I highlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/1/2012Simply fantastic. I highly recommend the $1 oyster happy hour from 3 - 7 PM daily.Special Features:
- Shockingly small. GREAT food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012The service was amazing, the food was prompt and it was outstanding. It is unexpected at how small it is. I sat at a table in a laughable corner that took a minute to sink in. The table was no bigger then a nightstand, but man' o man' that didnt matter! As the Oysters - raw and prepared were amazing and delicious. The Mussels are delicious! I will be going back very soon. Great place! Be sure to make reservations tho! It is small.Special Features:
- Good food & service very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/29/2012Good food & service very small area so everyone is crammed in thereSpecial Features: