Oyster Bay Steak and Seafood
615 Lafayette St
Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oyster Bay Steak and Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oysterbayrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6098842111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 30 guests. Advanced reservations are required to book this room.
A word from Oyster Bay Steak and Seafood
There’s no savory delight quite like the culinary combination of seafood and steak. Why not treat yourself to the best of both at Oyster Bay Steak & Seafood Restaurant? We offer an astounding experience made memorable by our talented chefs and fast, friendly wait staff. So make today the day you dine at Oyster Bay Steak & Seafood Restaurant. We have the freshest local seafood and best Angus beef around. And if that’s not enough, you can enjoy your favorite cocktails or the choicest wine at our inviting new bar! We even offer free parking on our lot. What’s not to like? Visit us today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Oyster Bay Steak and Seafood - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
Oyster Bay Steak and Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (26)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (11)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Top service of cape mayJlatt12Dined on 8/29/2014The food here was amazing. I would recommend finishing your meal off with the banana foster cheesecake. It was to die for. Prices are reasonable for the quality food. A must go to in Cape May!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service extraordinaireBillDined on 8/25/2014Great place, excellent service. Could have been a Monday night, so not the most demanding night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SinonDined on 8/25/2014I've never been disappointed at Oyster Bay. Stopped at the bar for happy hour drinks and oysters. Nice bartenders, pleasant bar. Went to the dining room for their signature crab cakes. Always on our agenda when we are in Cape May.Special Features:
- mikeb96VIPDined on 8/24/2014Good food, not gourmet. But bad, but not amazing considering your choices in Cape May.
- Always a great mealRRyanDined on 8/23/2014Great Food and service always. Have never been disappointed. We like to do BYOBs in Cape May but Oyster Bay is the only non BYOB that we always make sure to hit several times a year. The new bar is big and spacious. Really enjoyable atmosphere. The fried tomato with crab meat appetizer is one of the best. A great restaurant that us locals love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Bay never fails!!mginamgVIPDined on 8/23/2014We continue to go to Oyster Bay to entertain out-of-town guests, and time after time, Oyster Bay earns rave reviews. Thanks for always coming through for us!!Special Features:
- ServiceFoodieforlifeDined on 8/22/2014We've dined at Oyster Bay at various times over the past few years with relatively good experiences. My family and I dined there this past Friday night and we all had excellent meals, however, service was lacking. At any given time, there were at least 6 empty glasses on the table. Wine and water glasses for my husband and I and my children's sodas. The server was very inattentive and it felt like she only came over to us when she had to such as when she took orders and delivered food. We had to flag her down every time to get refills on drinks. On top of that, she looked like she didn't even really care about her job and pleasing customers. She dialed in the least amount of effort to get the job done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cape May's Oyster Bay RestaurantHistorychickDined on 8/21/2014Nice place! I had their House Special, which for $29 I thought was a good deal. It's a half a lobster stuffed with crab imperial and an 8 oz filet. Although the filet was a bit overcooked the meal was tasty! The other notable dish was a salmon special, also very good. The Bananas Foster cheesecake at the end was excellent!Special Features:
- Don't Order the LobsterMtAiry109Dined on 8/19/2014My husband had the clambake and I the lobster dinner. We usually go to the Lobster House but the owner of the B&B recommended Oyster Bay for a special birthday dinner. The seafood in the clambake was ok except for the lobster which was just so so. My lobster was undercooked. Overall not up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Expectations not met!CMNativeDined on 8/19/2014After several fine meals at Oyster Bay, we felt confident taking visiting friends there for dinner. Both ladies ordered Key West Chicken, the husband ordered a combination of crab cake and petite sirloin. The chicken in both dinners was so overcooked that a knife had trouble cutting it. One of the crab meat sauce toppings had shells in it and the lady sent it back. The replacement chicken was much better prepared and delicious. The man's crab cake was "OK" but the steak had a tough texture for the price. My filet mignion and crab topping was great. When told about the one chicken with shells (they tasted more like fish bones), the server told her she was wrong and challenged the lady's opinion. She exchanged the meal, no comps.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!!!EnjoyableDined on 8/18/2014The lobster was undercooked for the clambake item. This was ordered by 4 people and all four lobsters were undercooked. This is the first time in my many visits something like this occurred. The service was excellent . Oyster Bay will continue to be on the favorite list!!Special Features:
- Excellent ChoicePAdinersDined on 8/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and dining experience at the Oyster House. Highly recommend the crab and lobster crostini as an appetizer. Excellent! Grouper was great and crab cakes were fried to perfection. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Good food, friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/14/2014We had a very good meal with comfortable ambiance and service. Overall a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJcaroDined on 8/13/2014Service was very good. Our waitress and staff were very nice. However the food was average at best and was overpriced. My wife felt you could get same food at a diner.
- ExcellentboatdrinksDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner Saturday evening with friends. The reservations were made online and they were right on time. The food was delicious and the table was perfect for an evening catching up with friends. The wait staff were professional and attentive and personable. Thanks for the wonderful service!Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantJerseyBoysDined on 8/5/2014We were very satisfied with our meal and the service. If you are looking for a quiet dinner with your sweetheart this would be a good choice. The food was cooked perfectly and the staff was top notch.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure, start to finishDianePVIPDined on 8/4/2014I've eaten at Oyster Bay several times and it never disappoints. Table is always ready on time, sometimes early; hosts and servers are pleasant, courteous (attentive but not intrusive), and knowledgeable about the menu; and the food is always outstanding. We split an appetizer special (shrimp and andouille in cajun spices over fried eggplant), and had I known how amazing it would be, I would have asked if I could turn it into an entree. My shrimp and scallops over linguini was delicious, and my husband's steak was cooked a perfect medium well. I never get dessert because I'd rather keep eating my entree, but I'm sure they are great too. Can't wait to back down there next summer.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening.goodfudeDined on 8/3/2014Food and service are great.I've been there 4 times the dining room is great. Bar can be loud , but some people like that. Would definitely refer friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so disappointingfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014After reading the good reviews , my husband and I decided to try Oyster Bay Steak . The food was very mediocre, at best. With all of the great dining options in cape May, I would DEFINITELY skip this restaurant.
- RudyDined on 8/2/2014The service was wonderful and the tomato and crab appetizer was incredible. The lamb I had was a great dish but the salmon my wife had was too sweet.
- Oyster Bay Steak and SeafoodFood4LifeDined on 8/1/2014Food was delicious, drinks were very good, and our waiter was personable and attentive. Parking in back lot was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSueBVIPDined on 8/1/2014We live at the shore all summer and Oyster Bay is our "go to" place. We always recommend it to visitors, and get there at least once a season if not more, because it's consistently good and there are no surprises. Shore dining can be hit or miss - but Oyster Bay is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishdinnersDined on 7/24/2014Love! Love! Love! Oyster Bay! The food and service are always exceptionally consistent! The fried tomato crab salad is too delish! The andouie encrusted grouper is like no other and the Banana's foster whipped cheescake is heaven on a fork! Yummmmmmm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSaybo70Dined on 7/24/2014This was our first time dining at Oyster Bay, and I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful decor, excellent service and outstanding dinner. Our waiter was so nice and accomodating. I was in the mood for stuffed lobster, but did not see it on the menu, and I asked our server if the kitchen could make it. They did, and the portion was huge and it was cooked perfectly! I will definitely go back next summer when we return to our annual Cape May trip. I'm so glad we decided to try a restaurant outsided of "the square!"Special Features:
- Great foodGamewardenDined on 7/24/2014The food was great and the menu was not overpowering with choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flatbreads are a must!!mginamgVIPDined on 7/18/2014I think I'm in a rut!! Every time we go to the Oyster Bar, I must have one of their flatbreads! Food for the gods!!Special Features:
- Good service, not so good foodTerriartDined on 7/18/2014Got right to our table no problem, staff was very attentive with taking our order, getting drinks etc. Fried tomato app was great, clams casino was good, but clams were a bit overcooked, chewy and large. Seafood Cippino was served with a tomato water, instead of sauce and Seafood Pescatore was so overly spiced with thyme it was all I could taste, also shrimp were overcooked and chewy. We have been here before and noticed food sliding last year, but this was the worst. Also our server didn't ask how the entrees were. Will probably not be back!
- JosephDined on 7/18/2014Only major negative is there is very little parkingSpecial Features:
- Vincent & SusanVincentDined on 7/17/2014We vacationed in Cape May for 9 days, we had dinner at Oyster Bay for 4 times. Exceptional food, exceptional service. From the lobster tails, steak, crab cakes, shrimp , especially the stuffed rack of lamb. Our compliments to the Chef. And a very well deserved thank you to the servers Jamie, Heather and Allison, you made our dining experience one to remember. We live in NYC where there are many great restaurants, it will be hard to beat Oyster Bay and again I have to repeat the stuffed rack of lamb EXCELLENT. We will be back next year. Thank you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findgarlandDined on 7/16/2014Very nice restaurant located close to acme and Washington Mall. They have a list of unusual martinis - tried the sour apple which was really good. Had the specialty combination - one half stuffed lobster and sirloin with sour cream mashed potatoes - excellent . and would definitly order again.Our waitress Joanne also was very good -pleasant as well as efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cooked shellfish!KeithDined on 7/16/2014I had the seafood chippino. I found the fish to be expertly cooked. Often times scallops can easily be over done and rubbery in a dish like this one. Wonderful flavors and seasoned perfectly. Even the crustini served with it was perfect. Attention to detail was refreshing. Although, it's towards the pricier side, we didn't mind because you really get your monies worth. Seemed to be a family run establishment and very friendly. We'll be back next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLJA123Dined on 7/13/2014Our waiter, Matt, was excellent. Very knowledgeable, personable and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VincentDined on 7/13/2014The service was excellent, the food excellent. We are on vacation and have tried a few restaurants ,Oyster Bay has been the best. We went one night and was very pleased by everything that we decided to go back again. And I believe before we leave ,we will do the same. We highly recommend it and will be telling friends and anyone who is looking for a place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret in Cape MayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014We have been to the Oyster Bay several times. This time we were there during peak season and still got seated promptly. Reservations are recommended. The staff is very friendly and attentive. My husband had surf & turf and I had the filet mignon. Both were cooked to perfection. Their homemade desserts are so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice, reliable diningeatingwellDined on 7/12/2014This was our second experience dining at Oyster Bay. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately. Nice waitress served us and our drinks (cocktails and beer) were good but not great (my margin was not cold enough).Our meals were served well and were well prepared. Good comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired Menu & DrinksBoatingFoodiesVIPDined on 7/10/2014I know why this establishment does not have a menu available on Open Table, it is Extremely Uninspired!! For a restaurant that calls themselves "Steak and Seafood" and has Angus Steaks in their description, the only beef available was London Broil, Filet Mignon and Steak Diane, no mention on the menu of it being Angus Beef. Also for "Oyster Bay" there was only one oyster appy, Oysters Rockafella, and that came with Hollandaise Sauce, Really!! The 2 mojitos we ordered were expensive and I don't think they had even had any alcohol in them, you certainly couldn't taste it. We left without ordering dinner. We were very disappointed.
- lawlawfcsDined on 7/8/2014Great location with plenty of free parking on site (a plus). Nicely appointed with a great bar. The only disappointing thing was the food. The vegetables and rice were bland, the seafood was average.
- Get the grouper specialShoreluverDined on 7/5/2014Food is always outstanding. A real gem in restaurant filled Cape May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Bay Bar comes through again!mginamgVIPDined on 7/4/2014This is the third time that we've taken guests to the Oyster Bay Bar, and each time it lives up to my recommendation. We chose to eat in the bar area, just because we had our son and his wife with us, and they sometimes prefer a less formal atmosphere. The flatbread was exquisite, and my son said that his salmon entrée was "like butter." We have more guests coming this summer, and we will be back to Oyster Bay!!Special Features:
- Excellent Fine Dining!!BarbieDined on 7/3/2014This is the second time we have been to Oyster Bay and both times the food and service were outstanding. The menu is extensive and the specials are outstanding satisfying everyone's tastes.Special Features: