Oyster Bay Grille
1 E Joppa Road
Towson, MD 21286Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oyster Bay Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oysterbaygrille.com/
- Phone: 4432757026x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday and Wednesday - Open at 4 p.m.
Thursday through Sunday - Open at 11 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Vocci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let our accommodating staff help you come up with an amazing menu that will impress all of your guests.
- Special Events: We can host any event for your group. Give us a call and see what we can offer you.
A word from Oyster Bay Grille
Casual Upscale Restaurant featuring local seafood, produce and Certified Angus Beef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oyster Bay Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (11)good for groups (9)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- disorganized messeatingfor3Dined on 8/22/2014Restaurant week! Good news, food was solid. Bad news, service was lacking... Staff had no idea where validated parking was located. Dinner lasted 2 hours, a delay due to untimely taking of our order. Food actually arrived a little too quickly; we barely had time for appetizers. Drink order was taken in parts, resulting in purchasing a glass of wine and then a bottle of the same. Had to get a little creative with restaurant week menu because they were out of items...on Friday night...on the weekend of restaurant week. Poor preparation. Overall enjoyed. Ambiance nice and food well-prepared (SO had filet mignon, which all agreed was cooked to divine perfection). But for $40-50 a person, expected a better caliber of service to wrap it all up.
- LiveLaughEatWell2Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice restaurant for any occasion. We had a ladies night out to celebrate our birthdays. The staff was so accommodating... from the bar person to our waiter. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- loved itmusslemanDined on 8/19/2014loved it. food was delicious. can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Deciciousrkw1979Dined on 8/19/2014What an excellent place for dinner. I got the fried oysters appetizer, steak for dinner, and cheesecake for later. The food was prepared perfectly and the waitstaff were friendly and got the food out in a reasonable amount of time.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and another couple went to brunch there. We had been there for dinner and drinks many times in the past. The food was very good, but I believe that their dinner food is better. With that being said, the $5 dollar mimosas were great and our server was exceptional (Matt?). We will definitely be returning for drinks and dinner at another time and would be willing to go back for brunch. Oyster Bay Grille is a great find in Towson. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great server/ran out of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014While our server was great; running out of food was disheartening. There was no cream in the cream of crab soup and scallops were too small and smelled funny. Fortunately, we had a server who has such great customer service, my party of 7, made the best of it. While the food is decent. ..the service good...they should probably not participate in Resturant week anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service???boomer49VIPDined on 8/15/2014We could not wait to get out of this restaurant. Poor service does not even come close to the service we received. After ordering n getting our first course, the waiter came out n told us that they were out of the crab cakes (really? Friday night @ 7:30) (which was part of the restaurant week menu). The person who ordered the crab cake then ordered soup and ahi tuna small plate. After 45 min, we had not received anything so I told the waiter if he can't get it here in 5 min just bring the check. The ahi tuna never came (wasn't on the check so I guess he never put it in). He did offer us free desert which we did get (but it wasn't very good). I really wanted to like this place since it is close to us and we eat out a lot. We won't be back.
- Hidden gemvanowlDined on 8/9/2014Our server, Mathew, and the rest of the staff truly contributed to an awesome night. You can tell that the chef takes a lot of pride in his or her food, seeing as both the presentation and taste were DELICIOUS. They have tasty cocktails in mason jars as well. Visit them during happy hour at the bar for half off drinks. I'd definitely go again, and I'd recommend this to anyone else too. Take note that it's kind of hidden behind the new theater, so it may take some extra time to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of OystersKarateJamesDined on 8/3/2014The raw oyster list is great - it's not so long you don't know what to do with it, and there is plenty of variety on it. The difference between each type is well laid out for you, and the prices, though listed individually, aren't bad. The small plates menu is good too, in fact this is how we made our meal, cobbling together items from the small plates to share. The fried oysters were cooked perfectly, but lacked seasoning. The meatballs were a runaway favorite that could have been on the menu at the Helmand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - service was so-so...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Our meal was great! Several people ordered the pre fix and were very happy, commenting that it was a better deal that restaurant week. The small plates are also great. Everyone was happy with our food and all plates were shared - not a morsel of food was left to take home! However, the server, while very nice, did not pay much attention to us. Our drinks were often empty, he did not tell us about the extensive raw bar offerings and since we had not been before no-one realized that was available. It took much more time than needed to clear the dirty dinner plates and take the order for dessert.Special Features:
- Stick to the small platesBroadway1VIPDined on 7/26/2014A great bar with excellent drinks at reasonable prices -- especially Happy Hour. I have tried most of the small plates and they, as well as the great variety of raw oysters, are outstanding. Have been to the bar many times and decided to try it for a full dinner. I must say I was a bit disappointed with the entrees. The lamb had a lot of gristle and the orzo overwhelmed the small piece of salmon. The bread is first rate. I want this restaurant to succeed and I am certainly willing to give it another try.Special Features:
- we will go backbritDined on 7/24/2014I really liked being here. The waiter, hostess and manager/owner were very pleasant and helpful. We liked the valet parking too. But the kitchen needs some tweaking though ! Four of us had the crab soup but only one enjoyed it! There was a bit too much tomato sauce going on and it had some Italian herb in it that spoiled it. The rockfish was as it should be as were the filets. The sauce on my shrimp and grits was excellent and my husbands ciopino was perfectly lovely apart from the fact that the promised linguine was substituted for penne, which was a shame. Also the mussels although very tasty had quite a few that were unopened. My impressions are that this could really be a popular place , given a bit more attention in the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!!JasonDined on 7/24/2014We had a great time with friends at Oyster Bay!! Tuna was excellent and the watermelon salad was delicious! Service was outstanding!!! Todd was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some workluv2eatDined on 7/6/2014Very uneven meals. Loved the pickled veggies. Salads were served with no dressing, what happened here. Crab chowder was very thin and watery. Burgers were really good.
- Everything was just AveragemahjonggjudyVIPDined on 7/5/2014It's a nice enough place. Our waiter was good. Our food was good. But nothing was exceptional. If I'm going to eat in Towson, I would much rather spend my money at The Melting Pot or Bahama Breeze. Sorry!
- Surprised it wasn't more crowdedLisaDined on 7/2/2014Great happy hour deals for 1/2 priced oysters and drinks. It was pretty empty when we were there, which was surprising with how good the food was. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Awesome Service & Tasty FoodLoveTastyFoodDined on 6/29/2014We were immediately greeted and the server came over at the right times and gave great feedback when asked about dishes. The catch of the day was infused with flavor and every bite was equally tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodTheSteinersDined on 6/19/2014Heart of Towson. Walking distance from most everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crabcakes are amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/6/2014I have now been four times for lunch. I order the crabcake sandwhich every time because it is so amazing.Special Features:
- The following 121 reviews are from the Oyster Bay Grille reviews archive.
- NiceKepilarskiDined on 5/29/2014Waiter was friendly and the food was good... I had the soft crab sandwich and cream of crab soup. Unfortunately, we went during our lunch so parking was horrible due to the construction and we ran over our allotted lunch hour. :-/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Evening!MaggiVIPDined on 5/18/2014Our party of 10 thoroughly enjoyed the special Prix Fixe dinner. The ambience was fantastic and the food was delicious. Our server, Jill, was absolutely amazing, made the experience twice as nice just because of her outgoing personality and attentiveness to our needs. We had a great time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair at best.foodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014The MD crab soup contained almost no crab and was more like gloppy tomato sauce with veggies than soup. The grilled romaine was nicely grilled but had virtually no dressing on it, so all you tasted was smoke. The tomato jam that was slathered on the burger (which itself was good) was very sweet and did not enhance or really go with the burger at all. Service was timely and friendly, but we had to keep reminding our server to take used glasses and small plates from prior courses which really cluttered up our table.
- Dinning with allergiesPaoloDined on 5/11/2014Only one choice on menu I could eat including appetizers and salads, etc. Wanted to eat seafood dishes but they would not make any substitutions even though had allergies to many types of good. Waiter was nice about it and I tried to explain that I understood it was Mother's Day and very busy but meals should not be premade or changed if you have other allergies in addition to gluten free. Chef at this quality restaurant should be able to make adjustments.Special Features:
- Good Food.RichardDined on 5/11/2014This was our second visit to Oyster Bay Grill. It was very good.Special Features:
- Really GoodKingsvillefoodieDined on 5/3/2014Food was really good, except I expected the Shrimp and Grits to have more of a kick. Couldn't taste any horseradish in the dish. Good, but a bit disappointed with that dish. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining choice for TowsonPatsyDined on 5/2/2014My friend and I enjoyed our dinner at Oyster Bay Grille on a Friday evening. The service was friendly and efficient and the food very good. We had Mahi Mahi Tacos which we would recommend. The atmosphere was friendly and noise level quiet enough for conversation. Location is a little hard to find. Valet parking was appreciated. A good choice for neighborhood dining.Special Features:
- average dining experiencefoodsalesDined on 4/26/2014Decent menu and selection. Not sure if specials are offered, nothing was mentioned if there were any. Wait staff is young. Our waiter kept asking if everything was "pretty good?". Great Greek salad, nice presentation. Tuna appetizer was so-so as there was not much tuna in the dish. Shrimp and Grits was decent, shrimp had good flavor. Shouldn't the shrimp have been deveined?? Steak Au Poivre was cooked perfectly to medium rare but not seasoned other than the peppercorn crust. Could have used some salt. For dessert, the Baileys Creme Brulee was good. Really no vibe in the place even though is was a Saturday night. Maybe when construction is complete in the area there will be more of a buzz in the restaurant.
- Great spot in Towson!KateyDined on 4/26/2014We love Oyster Bay Grille! They have amazing food and the service is always great. So excited they are in Towson now --- it's always our go to for date nights, when we have guests in town or just to grab a drink. Love the ever-changing menu!Special Features:
- Great FindChrisDined on 4/24/2014Six of us were in town for a conference and wanted to find a restaurant we couldn't eat at when we were at home. Oyster Bay Grille was recommended by our hotel, and it did not disappoint. Our server was friendly, fun, and very accommodating. Being here on business we needed our food on two separate checks and any alcohol on a third check; our waitress didn't bat an eye at the request. The food was delicious, we fell in love with the Tomato Bacon Jam that came with the Crab and Corn Beignets. I believe any of us in the group would return if ever back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OYSTERS!!!MeliDined on 4/22/2014Oyster Bay Grille is fabulous. Great, friendly folks greet you at the door and the good vibe continues from there. Oysters are amazing and they have a great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable Easter BrunchRickDined on 4/20/2014All taste buds were fulfilled in this very delicious brunch. I was pleased we decided to take a leap of faith and give Oyster Bay Grill a try to celebrate Easter!Special Features:
- Terrific!MaggiVIPDined on 4/17/2014Service by Mitch was outstanding. Food prepared perfectly. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Definitely will be back!GreekTowsonMama1208Dined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed our 1st time here very much (hadn't been since it was Vin)! Nice cocktail menu w/a variety of creative drinks & pricing was pretty fair! For food we shared a few small plates - Wagyu Beef Sliders & Sauteed Scallops were our favorites (though we enjoyed everything we ordered)! Only complaints were that the food took a LONG time to come out (especially since we didn't order entrees) and our waiter (a really sweet guy otherwise) could not recommend literally ANYTHING to us??!! We asked for his suggestions for both food & drinks, and his answers were that he hadn't tried it or didn't eat/drink that "type" of food/drink... Luckily our own instincts didn't let us down! Valet staff was super friendly & attentive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visit was great!GreekTowsonMama1208Dined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed our 1st time here very much (hadn't been since it was Vin)! Nice cocktail menu w/a variety of creative drinks & pricing was pretty fair! For food we shared a few small plates - Wagyu Beef Sliders & Sauteed Scallops were our favorites (though we enjoyed everything we ordered)! Only complaints were that 1) the food took a LONG time to come out (especially considering we just ordered appetizers/small plates) & 2) our waiter (really sweet guy otherwise) could not recommend literally ANYTHING to us??!! We asked for his suggestions for both food & drinks, and his answers were that he hadn't tried it or didn't eat/drink that "type" of food/drink... Luckily our own instincts didn't let us down! Valet staff was super friendly & attentive!!Special Features:
- Oysters Oh MyezrasmomVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our service was spot on. Free valet parking in Towson is a deal breaker. We celebrated my son's birthday with a free dessert. Lovely well presented oysters I'd like to come back and try brunch on a Sunday. A menu that's sure to please. Great fresh brewed iced tea. Something so simple is hard to get right.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Service & Great Food!!!LoveTastyFoodDined on 4/11/2014We had never been here before and when we entered the atmosphere was warm & relaxing. Our server recommended great dishes! The Blue Point Raw Oysters were incredibly tasty (no grittiness). The Half & Half soup and the Rock Fish was VERY flavorful and tasty! We also enjoyed small plates of brussel sprouts and fried oysters which contributed to why we were too full to order dessert. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and came over and just the right times. We will return again soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE ISSUESimbaVIPDined on 4/10/2014I had been to OBG twice and was impressed. However, the service was horrible that night and not acceptable! Their was 2 waiters for the entire restaurant and we waited to order, 30 minutes to get our drinks, an hour for our dinner to be served and longer to get dessert and coffee. The hostess wasn't apologetic but did give us a discount off the dinner. I think its a good restaraunt just having a bad night!Special Features:
- Six Sisters' Celebration2dinersVIPDined on 4/7/2014My sisters and I celebrate our birthday's at whatever restaurant the bday girl chooses. It was my choice and since I had previously had an overall wonderful evening at Oyster Bay I had to return.The oysters, small plates, wine, and fresh fruit crushes that we enjoyed at the bar would have enough however we were doing dinner------the steaks were better than "the steak" restaurants. The crabcakes and Greek salad were equally as good. The service matched the quality of the food. I am a bar kind of girl and loved it. Thanks for making my bday memorable. I will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONSMaggiVIPDined on 3/30/2014Oyster Bay Grille exceeded our expectations at every level. Surprisingly, it was not crowded this past Sunday due to the weather. This made for a quiet atmosphere and the service by Jeff was very personal. The prix fixe menu and the Greek Restaurant Week menu were superb. The 14 oz. New York Strip was perfectly prepared and the Lamb shank was totally delicious and huge…..Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJnaylorjrVIPDined on 3/26/2014Love this place, great food and excellent service.Special Features: