Ox & Fin
105 Oakway Center
Eugene, OR 97401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Ox & Fin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oxandfin.com/
- Phone: (541) 302-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Saturday
11:30 to 1:30
Sunday through Thursday
5:00 to 9:00
Friday and Saturday
5:00 to 10:00
4:00 to 6:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Take advantage of our private dining room (seats 14 comfortably and includes full use of our HDTV and fireplace) for your next business meeting, family get together, or special party. We’re at the ready to construct a mouth-watering custom menu for you and your group.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy Montoya 5413023000x
A word from Ox & Fin
Ox & Fin is a ninety-five seat NW steakhouse with Italian sensibilities in the middle of the Willamette Valley. Our locally sourced menu features starters, house-made pasta, seasonal ingredients, and the best seafood and meats Oregon has to offer. Our bar features Italian and NW wines, locally brewed beer, micro-distilled spirits, and cocktails. The interior features the sleek feel of modern design combined with the warmth and green sensibility of the Pacific Northwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ox & Fin - Best Restaurants in Eugene ›
Ox & Fin reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (21)romantic (19)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- No Comment.MiltDined on 11/22/2014This is our first visit to the Ox & Fin, which was for an evening meal. I don't consider it fair to judge on the first visit. We very likely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Had dinner with two others on Monday and once again had some wonderful food and great service. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great eveningSpokane99212Dined on 11/5/2014Took a client and his wife to dinner. Great atmosphere great food enjoyable time. The service and atmosphere were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice !goodtogoDined on 10/27/2014I've eaten here over a dozen times with my wife or groups. The food and drinks are very good. Had only one bad experience - a tough steak (it happens!) and management was very gracious: no charge and free dessert. Smaller portion dinner options are appreciated.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food!luvfood8Dined on 10/25/2014My parents, sister and I had a wonderful evening here! The staff was very friendly and attentive, and the manager was super friendly. We ended up chatting with him about the french fries, which we hadn't ordered, and he brought us a big side of them for free! My mom also had a question about the chocolate dessert we got, and the manager brought out the actual chocolate used in the cake and told us all about where it's from. We could just tell this place uses quality ingredients. Our wine was great and we were all very happy with the steaks we got. I liked that you could do a half-order of most of their entrees as well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014Our waitress was outstanding, the food was delicious. One of my favorite dining spots in Eugene.Special Features:
- Great find for good food in Eugeneacadia1Dined on 10/17/2014We went hare based on Open Table reviews and were happy we did. We were a table of 4 with varying tastes and everyone enjoyed their meal... and I have to add that the bread was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ox & Fin!foodieDined on 10/17/2014We discovered this restaurant during Univ. of Oregon move-in and have now been back twice! Love the atmosphere, food, drinks and overall vibe. But best of all was our service from Brian. Outstanding!! He went out of his way to make our son feel welcome in the state of Oregon (we're from Indiana) and was meticulous in his food and drink suggestions. A better person (and service!) you won't find anywhere! I only hesitate to recommend for fear of not getting a table the next time we're in town!Special Features:
- DisappointingMEM328VIPDined on 10/17/2014We looked forward to dining at Ox & Fin as we had been there previously and it was quite good. This time, not so much. We ordered caesar salads, and hanger steak and clams/capellini. Salads were watery/bland. After waiting a long time after finishing salads (30 min), the server returned to ask if it was a fillet or the hanger steak. Once she verified it was the hanger, she said it would served be right up, but we still had to wait. Eventually asked, and was told the steak was "being plated." Still another 10+ minutes before we were served. Then, the steak was cold and the clams/capellini dish was tasteless (basically just butter and water). We were offered complementary dessert, which we appreciated, but overall disappointing experience.
- happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were very happy with everything.Beautiful atmosphere service was very good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Repeatedly goodCaliforniafanDined on 10/12/2014We have eaten here several times (both lunch and dinner)and always had a good experience. It is located on a pleasant plaza in a small mall with limited outdoor seating. The menu offers a good variety of choices for all dietary inclinations and the meals have been excellent without exception. The service is friendly and attentive. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the donuts!mmm07Dined on 10/11/2014The donuts were awesome. Totally worth it. Go and try them!Special Features:
- Too long a waiteugenefoodie13Dined on 10/8/2014A group of four women met at Ox and Fin for dinner after a movie. We arrived at 6:45 and got our meal at 7:45. People were getting impatient about having to wait so long. They did not seem to be overly busy and the kitchen staff did not look like they were overwhelmed with orders. The other three enjoyed their steaks. My scallops on squid ink noodles was ok. It seemed awfully oily to me and I would not order it again. We all felt that the service was very slow and it was pretty expensive for what we got.Special Features:
- Lovely Eveningsmw700Dined on 10/8/2014The service was excellent. We were immediately greeted and seated in a nice comfy booth. Our server got our drinks right away. Three of us ordered the filet mignon, 6 oz. Cooked to perfection and the mashed potatoes and vegetables were delicious. Our fourth party ordered the rib eye and it was not to his liking, way overcooked to the point of looking burnt. I am sure he didn't want to cause a fuss as to why he didn't say anything to our server. Loved the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse with an Italian feelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014The above description is a little misleading as I feel it is still more Italian than Steak. Regardless, the food and service are certainly top notch. Since the weather was great, we sat outside and enjoyed the nice atmosphere. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- What a wasteBurrattacheeselessDined on 9/3/2014Overrated The menu is very limited to ones choices I ordered an appetizer that was a standard on their menu,and I was told they were out of it? To the owner,it it's it's on YOUR menu!stoct it The place was empty. Our server Erin was terrific That was the only positive thing about the resturant. Don't waste your time
- Okay but not worth the pricefridaydinerDined on 8/29/2014Service was great, the ambiance was nice- although the open garage door let in flies- and the Grapefruit Cosmopolitan was very tasty. While the meal had fresh ingredients, it was under seasoned and merely average. Not worth the premium price. Might try it again for lunch but won't be back for dinner.
- Best Mignon in EugeneMignonYDined on 8/28/2014Our Filet Mignon was done perfectly. Good selection of wine.Special Features:
- OK, I'd go back againSpecialOccasionEaterDined on 8/17/2014The staff was great. The food was good. They mixed up medium on one steak and medium rare on the other (mine was medium and my wife's was medium rare and they were supposed to be the other way around), but we did not send them back. They were good anyway. We would go back for another special occasion (it was our anniversary)Special Features:
- Cold Food, Slow ServiceJustburgDined on 8/8/2014We had very slow service, the pasta my partner ordered was nice and hot my steak was cold and burnt, couple next to use got the special that we were never told about. They also got an apology for slow service(45 min from order to table with 8 couples in the bar and a few people outside) the court also got a discount on their bill. We could he the good service they were getting yet we got none of the same. While I always try a place twice before not recommending it, it may be some time before I go back for a second evaluation
- The following 453 reviews are from the Ox & Fin reviews archive.
- first time here2little42muchDined on 7/19/2014the portions were not good , the duck was partially dry, only one sm. piece of rue barb, and they had the doors open so there were flies on my food and they had the ac on but you couldn't tell as the doors were wide open and we could hear all of the shoppers going by. also they'er were small children squeeling and running a muck. my friends rotenni with sausage had too much pasta and very little cheese and it was well prepared but portion was so little meat to way too much pasta. We discussed this restaurant and decided for our dollar not a good deal
- Great food!oneezyDined on 7/18/2014I was a little hesitant afte reading some of the reviews, but the food is excellent, as well as the service. Our waitress checked on us several times. It was an excellent experience for my first time. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedjudybeautyDined on 7/18/2014After seeing OpenTable average of 4 stars for this local restaurant, we went for the first time for our 33rd wedding anniversary dinner on Friday. Our reservation was 6:45, and three different people came and told us someone would be with us shortly, and then that the host would be with us shortly. He checked the computer, asked our name, (after just being told by a girl), then told us we'd have to wait 5-10 minutes. After 1 minute at the bar, he came and said our table is ready, apologizing for the "snafu"?. Table extremely small, oversize plates for everything, decent food but not great and lackluster, indifferent service. I'm a serious cook and foodie. All in all just ok and definitely not a special occasion.
- discriminodineVIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant was once Osteria Sfizio, and it was then, to our taste, the best restaurant in Eugene. The change to Ox and Fin was accompanied by a decrease in quality, (?a change in cooks). The menu moved toward more meat, swerving away from Italian, both diminishments we felt. The best thing we had this time was the octopus hors d'oeuvre, which has not changed from Sfizio 3 or 4 years ago. The salmon was not cooked well done as requested the first time; it got somewhat closer after a 5 minute wait. It was too salty; the accompanying vegetables were, oddly raw. The scallops were also somewhat salty. We got both with one ingredient missing, since without adjustments, there was meat in everything, chorizo here and pork belly there.
- Tasty and DependableTexchexDined on 6/20/2014Dependable sounds boring, but is actually high praise, as it indicates that I know I will get a good meal here. Although not simple peasant fare, it is also not overwhelming precious. No over the top ingredients that are more off-putting than enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MclovinVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had hoped for a better meal. The variety and prices were good. It just wasn't executed that wellSpecial Features:
- Had a very enjoyable dinnerRoscoeVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a very good family dinner. Ate oysters and grilled octopus. The filet, scallops, steak and pasta were all delicious. Service was very good.Special Features:
- My favorite place to eat in Eugene!FishinladycindyDined on 6/13/2014Ox is such a treat! I enjoy the wonderful food ....and the ambiance is perfect! The one thing I dislike is the desserts. I'm a big fan of bread pudding and I find it subpar at Ox. I think the dessert menu needs a redo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing dinnereatsincottagegroveDined on 5/22/2014Delicious food, the small portion steak dinner was delicious and just the right size. Nice atmosphere for a party of four.Special Features:
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The food and service at Ox & Fin are consistently good. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- terrible service left bad tasteeatoutloudDined on 5/10/2014I dine out a lot and I have waited tables too. So, generally I can give a wait person a break. But this was over the top bad. It was our Mother's Day dinner (night before official Mother's Day) and we wanted something special. Even though the food was good, it overall sucked. No info on specials, soup of the day. The our drinks took forever. Then our order placement took forever (after having been seated for an hour!) Then when the food was taking forever, she blamed my husband because he had changed his food order (before it was being prepared, he changed it before the salads came out). We thought she was ill at first, but after she blamed my husband I realized she just sucked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!ShannonuofoDined on 5/10/2014This was out first visit to Ox & Fin and may be our new favorite restaurant. We had friends in town from the LA area who know good food. We wanted something that would live up to their standards and was a local spot. Ox & Fin did not disappoint. We will be returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We have gone here many times for special occasions. We always enjoy the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- You had me at helloMamaumeDined on 5/6/2014It was love at first bite. As we lingered over tidbits of fine cheese and fruit, the softly dim light cast a radiant glow upon our guest. We knew immediately: this was going to be good. Perfectly served in a timely fashion: second course, the beautifully arranged beet salad arrived. Perfection. Guest rambled on about the quality of the service. The host checked back to confirm our satisfaction. The affair went into the evening with the scallops gently seared. Cooked al dente pasta. Finished with a lite aperitif and conversation. Everything-even the check was a nice surprise. Where else will you get a perfectly medium rare natural beef burger on hand made fresh brioche bun for under $12 bucks? A restaurant worth keeping in our home town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014My wife and I love coming here. The staff is very friendly and the menu is great.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014I have been to Ox and Fin several times and each time am amazed at the quality of service and food. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Out of town guestlocalfoodieDined on 4/17/2014My mom from California, her first visit to Eugene, so we wanted her to have a very good impression, so thank you Ox & Fin for coming through yet again! Melissa our server is a gem, she's a keeper!Special Features:
- Fabulous food2noshersDined on 4/16/2014We were very pleasantly surprised to discover this gem in the Oakway mall. Because I had a birthday we asked for a special, quiet, somewhat romantic table. We made a reservation in advance, which is often not an option for two, and we're happy to learn they would take a reservation. Because our table was not quite ready, the management offered us both a complimentary drink of our choice while we waited. A very nice surprise. Ox and Fin has the choice of smaller options for their entries, perfect for me. I had filet mignon, and my husband had a ribeye steak. Both were perfectly prepared and delicious. One of the very best Filets I have had in Eugene. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The meals were reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceDinearoundmomVIPDined on 4/16/2014The service is still very slow and hasn't improved since they first opened. It is too bad because the atmosphere, food, menu and bar are all appealing.Special Features:
- Decent food, fair serviceemilymaiaDined on 4/11/2014The atmosphere and decor are nice, but the food was not wonderful, and the service was dismal. It took a full hour to get our food, during which time we tried repeatedly to get someone's attention but were ignored. When our food arrived, the filet mignon was good, but the ribeye was disappointingly bland, and of mediocre quality. Pretty disappointing overall.