Ox & Fin
105 Oakway Center
Eugene, OR 97401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Ox & Fin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oxandfin.com/
- Phone: 5413023000x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Saturday
11:30 to 1:30
Sunday through Thursday
5:00 to 9:00
Friday and Saturday
5:00 to 10:00
4:00 to 6:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Take advantage of our private dining room (seats 14 comfortably and includes full use of our HDTV and fireplace) for your next business meeting, family get together, or special party. We’re at the ready to construct a mouth-watering custom menu for you and your group.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy Montoya 5413023000x
A word from Ox & Fin
Ox & Fin is a ninety-five seat NW steakhouse with Italian sensibilities in the middle of the Willamette Valley. Our locally sourced menu features starters, house-made pasta, seasonal ingredients, and the best seafood and meats Oregon has to offer. Our bar features Italian and NW wines, locally brewed beer, micro-distilled spirits, and cocktails. The interior features the sleek feel of modern design combined with the warmth and green sensibility of the Pacific Northwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ox & Fin - Best Restaurants in Eugene ›
Ox & Fin reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (12)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Okay but not worth the pricefridaydinerDined on 8/29/2014Service was great, the ambiance was nice- although the open garage door let in flies- and the Grapefruit Cosmopolitan was very tasty. While the meal had fresh ingredients, it was under seasoned and merely average. Not worth the premium price. Might try it again for lunch but won't be back for dinner.
- Best Mignon in EugeneMignonYDined on 8/28/2014Our Filet Mignon was done perfectly. Good selection of wine.Special Features:
- Cold Food, Slow ServiceJustburgDined on 8/8/2014We had very slow service, the pasta my partner ordered was nice and hot my steak was cold and burnt, couple next to use got the special that we were never told about. They also got an apology for slow service(45 min from order to table with 8 couples in the bar and a few people outside) the court also got a discount on their bill. We could he the good service they were getting yet we got none of the same. While I always try a place twice before not recommending it, it may be some time before I go back for a second evaluation
- first time here2little42muchDined on 7/19/2014the portions were not good , the duck was partially dry, only one sm. piece of rue barb, and they had the doors open so there were flies on my food and they had the ac on but you couldn't tell as the doors were wide open and we could hear all of the shoppers going by. also they'er were small children squeeling and running a muck. my friends rotenni with sausage had too much pasta and very little cheese and it was well prepared but portion was so little meat to way too much pasta. We discussed this restaurant and decided for our dollar not a good deal
- Great food!oneezyDined on 7/18/2014I was a little hesitant afte reading some of the reviews, but the food is excellent, as well as the service. Our waitress checked on us several times. It was an excellent experience for my first time. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedjudybeautyDined on 7/18/2014After seeing OpenTable average of 4 stars for this local restaurant, we went for the first time for our 33rd wedding anniversary dinner on Friday. Our reservation was 6:45, and three different people came and told us someone would be with us shortly, and then that the host would be with us shortly. He checked the computer, asked our name, (after just being told by a girl), then told us we'd have to wait 5-10 minutes. After 1 minute at the bar, he came and said our table is ready, apologizing for the "snafu"?. Table extremely small, oversize plates for everything, decent food but not great and lackluster, indifferent service. I'm a serious cook and foodie. All in all just ok and definitely not a special occasion.
- discriminodineVIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant was once Osteria Sfizio, and it was then, to our taste, the best restaurant in Eugene. The change to Ox and Fin was accompanied by a decrease in quality, (?a change in cooks). The menu moved toward more meat, swerving away from Italian, both diminishments we felt. The best thing we had this time was the octopus hors d'oeuvre, which has not changed from Sfizio 3 or 4 years ago. The salmon was not cooked well done as requested the first time; it got somewhat closer after a 5 minute wait. It was too salty; the accompanying vegetables were, oddly raw. The scallops were also somewhat salty. We got both with one ingredient missing, since without adjustments, there was meat in everything, chorizo here and pork belly there.
- Tasty and DependableTexchexDined on 6/20/2014Dependable sounds boring, but is actually high praise, as it indicates that I know I will get a good meal here. Although not simple peasant fare, it is also not overwhelming precious. No over the top ingredients that are more off-putting than enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MclovinVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had hoped for a better meal. The variety and prices were good. It just wasn't executed that wellSpecial Features:
- Had a very enjoyable dinnerRoscoeVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a very good family dinner. Ate oysters and grilled octopus. The filet, scallops, steak and pasta were all delicious. Service was very good.Special Features:
- My favorite place to eat in Eugene!FishinladycindyDined on 6/13/2014Ox is such a treat! I enjoy the wonderful food ....and the ambiance is perfect! The one thing I dislike is the desserts. I'm a big fan of bread pudding and I find it subpar at Ox. I think the dessert menu needs a redo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing dinnereatsincottagegroveDined on 5/22/2014Delicious food, the small portion steak dinner was delicious and just the right size. Nice atmosphere for a party of four.Special Features:
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The food and service at Ox & Fin are consistently good. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- terrible service left bad tasteeatoutloudDined on 5/10/2014I dine out a lot and I have waited tables too. So, generally I can give a wait person a break. But this was over the top bad. It was our Mother's Day dinner (night before official Mother's Day) and we wanted something special. Even though the food was good, it overall sucked. No info on specials, soup of the day. The our drinks took forever. Then our order placement took forever (after having been seated for an hour!) Then when the food was taking forever, she blamed my husband because he had changed his food order (before it was being prepared, he changed it before the salads came out). We thought she was ill at first, but after she blamed my husband I realized she just sucked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!ShannonuofoDined on 5/10/2014This was out first visit to Ox & Fin and may be our new favorite restaurant. We had friends in town from the LA area who know good food. We wanted something that would live up to their standards and was a local spot. Ox & Fin did not disappoint. We will be returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We have gone here many times for special occasions. We always enjoy the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- You had me at helloMamaumeDined on 5/6/2014It was love at first bite. As we lingered over tidbits of fine cheese and fruit, the softly dim light cast a radiant glow upon our guest. We knew immediately: this was going to be good. Perfectly served in a timely fashion: second course, the beautifully arranged beet salad arrived. Perfection. Guest rambled on about the quality of the service. The host checked back to confirm our satisfaction. The affair went into the evening with the scallops gently seared. Cooked al dente pasta. Finished with a lite aperitif and conversation. Everything-even the check was a nice surprise. Where else will you get a perfectly medium rare natural beef burger on hand made fresh brioche bun for under $12 bucks? A restaurant worth keeping in our home town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 439 reviews are from the Ox & Fin reviews archive.
- Great place for Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014My wife and I love coming here. The staff is very friendly and the menu is great.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014I have been to Ox and Fin several times and each time am amazed at the quality of service and food. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Out of town guestlocalfoodieDined on 4/17/2014My mom from California, her first visit to Eugene, so we wanted her to have a very good impression, so thank you Ox & Fin for coming through yet again! Melissa our server is a gem, she's a keeper!Special Features:
- Fabulous food2noshersDined on 4/16/2014We were very pleasantly surprised to discover this gem in the Oakway mall. Because I had a birthday we asked for a special, quiet, somewhat romantic table. We made a reservation in advance, which is often not an option for two, and we're happy to learn they would take a reservation. Because our table was not quite ready, the management offered us both a complimentary drink of our choice while we waited. A very nice surprise. Ox and Fin has the choice of smaller options for their entries, perfect for me. I had filet mignon, and my husband had a ribeye steak. Both were perfectly prepared and delicious. One of the very best Filets I have had in Eugene. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The meals were reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceDinearoundmomVIPDined on 4/16/2014The service is still very slow and hasn't improved since they first opened. It is too bad because the atmosphere, food, menu and bar are all appealing.Special Features:
- Decent food, fair serviceemilymaiaDined on 4/11/2014The atmosphere and decor are nice, but the food was not wonderful, and the service was dismal. It took a full hour to get our food, during which time we tried repeatedly to get someone's attention but were ignored. When our food arrived, the filet mignon was good, but the ribeye was disappointingly bland, and of mediocre quality. Pretty disappointing overall.
- Good food and ambiance...FrankDined on 4/11/2014We have been going to O&F since it took over from Sfizios...At this time we feel the menu related to pasta and to seafood is stale. The same one or two things over and over. We don't expect O&F to be as adventuresome as Sfizios, but some new pasta and seafood offerings really are needed. What is offered is good but an endless repeat. Given the octopus and the scallops, we know you can be creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieJackieDined on 4/4/2014Everything was great! The only problem was the happy hour red wine was not available so we asked if they could give us another wine for the same price as the happy hour wine and the waiter said no. However, my husband order two glasses and he did give him one glass for the happy hour price. Food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- run of the millmelbDined on 3/29/2014The service was good but the food wasn't anything special. The burger was dry and too thick (obviously patted too much) the fries were overly salty and the mixed drinks were very ordinary. Like so many restaurants in Eugene that cater to the upper middle-class, it's all about appearances and substance is very much lacking. It shouldn't be about the decor, it should be about the food and at Ox & Fin the food is definitely nothing special.
- Wedding Anniversary Let DownThepinkgrizzDined on 3/25/2014I made a reservation for my anniversary the hostess sat us at a booth with 4 table settings, so it was obvious they didn't truly reserve a table for us. The service was okay. The mozzarella appetizer was mediocre. We had filet mignon and the roasted chicken and for a very quiet Tuesday night at 5:45 it took a LONG time for us to get our meal! The food was okay, but not what I expected for the price we paid. The manager came over and asked us if was our anniversary. We said it was and then she congratulated us. The waitress brought us two hard as rock lemon cookies the size of nickels. I guess that was our anniversary dessert. My husband seriously suggested we take them home to our dog because they were as hard and small as dog biscuits.Special Features:
- Perfect for our Anniversarykurt62Dined on 3/22/2014Not very many choices for a nice dinner for 2 in Eugene... Ox & Fin was PERFECT in every way! Outstanding service, (met my special seating request with Flower arrangement surprise), excellent food & spirits, would highly recommend for any special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealRCanagaVIPDined on 3/21/2014Five of us ranging from veterinarian to carnivore were well served. Good service and pleasant surroundings. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great service at least.FormerRestaraunteerDined on 3/12/2014Hello. I am a former cook/dining room mgr/waiter. The hostess and wait person were very nice and professional. The ambiance was good. The drinks and food, we'll not so much. We had Prickly Pear margaritas which was a bit salty. Coupled with a salty rim on the glass the drink quickly became too salty. We both wiped the salt off the rim so we could finish the drinks. The antipasto appetizer was unique and fairly good. Good presentation. You should add gluten free bread or corn chips, however. Many people can not eat gluten, like myself. We ordered Mozarella Rigatoni (1/2 order) and a full order of the Hanger Steak. I had the steak. It had a spoonful wad of semi- smooth bland mashed potatoes dropped onto the plate. No toppings, no butter.
- not worth the moneymehhhhDined on 3/2/2014The food was good. But not great. The drinks were very good. My mother could make better entrées however. Not worth the huge tab that came. Also it was my girlfriends birthday and I let them know but nothing special was done for it. Even chili's gives you some cake. Overall I would not recommend this place to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Good steakstexasvisitorDined on 3/1/2014Had a nice steaks, good food. Service was a bit slow. Glad we came in early - by 7:30 when we left, it was getting a little loud for our tastes (but, hey, we're old).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters celebrate a birthdayBirthdaysisterDined on 2/28/2014Ox and Fin was a great choice as a dinner location to celebrate our sister's birthday. There were ample choices for gluten-free and dairy free. The server was very helpful and receptive to our dietary needs. Everything came to the table, as ordered, no matter how detailed the request ex: cheese on the side, substitution of vegs on scallop dish, sauce on the side for the cake dessert. The generosity of spirit was evident in all the employees' attitudes and a complimentary dessert was offered for the birthday girl! We sat for ages after dinner and we were left alone while we talked with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The staff at Ox and Fin goes above and beyond to meet everyone's special occasion. My wife and I celebrated our seventh year anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make it romantic. Will go again in a hear beat. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectCalangoDined on 2/17/2014We had a great time. The service was outstanding and the food very tasty. We were so glad to try a new restaurant and have a great experience for a change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lose the "bench".SandLDined on 2/15/2014Great restaurant, but it would have been better if we had been seated in a booth or at a table for two. Instead we were seated at one of the small tables lined up along a bench. Romantic dinners are a little less romantic when you're flanked by two other couples also trying to have a romantic dinner. We'll be sure to specify a booth or table for two for our next reservation there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the things we loveLoloDined on 2/14/2014One of the things we love the most about your restaurant is the consistent good service. Your staff go above and beyond. Kudos! (This is quite rare to find in Eugene)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for AnniversaryTomLindaDined on 2/1/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and picked Ox and Fin as some place we don't usually go to for dinner. It was a perfect choice as the ambiance was good, all of the staff were very attentive and most important the food was perfectly prepared and perfectly presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our 7th year anniversary at Ox and Fin. The staff was really friendly and they treat you like family there. They go above and beyond to accommodate any of your needs. We went to Ox and Fin for the first time and we will return. Thanks you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really outstanding meal. SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014Really outstanding meal. Steak was flavorful, perfectly cooked, and melt in your mouth texture. Only hitch was that we had a 30 minute wait for our table despite having a reservation. The food was amazing though- and once we were settled into our table and had ordered, the evening unfolded seamlessly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.