Owen Brennan's Restaurant
6150 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119Neighborhood:
East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Owen Brennan's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brennansmemphis.com/
- Phone: (901) 761-0990
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Jody Moyt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several rooms both private and semi private to suite any entertaining needs! Our smaller rooms hold 16 to 32 people for an intimate setting, or for a larger celebration our larger rooms hold 50 to 75!
- Entertainment: Join us for our award winning Sunday Brunch featuring world renown jazz trio music
- Special Events: Please visit our website www.Brennansmemphis.com for information on upcoming Fat Tuesday specials and events!
A word from Owen Brennan's Restaurant
Owen Brennan's is a family owned and operated restaurant dedicated to bringing the taste and tradition of New Orleans to Memphis. With an extensive menu and innovative nightly specials, Owen Brennan's is the perfect environment for a family get together, business lunch or just a relaxing evening on our newly renovated patio. We hope to see you soon. Laissez Les Bonnes Temps Roulez!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Owen Brennan's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown ›
Owen Brennan's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)special occasion (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- New Orleans in MemphisGripperVIPDined on 11/4/2014As a lover of New Orleans cuisine, I was delighted to find a member of the Brennan family in Memphis, when I was there on business. I had lunch there one day and dinner the next. While I can't testify to the authenticity of the food, I did find my meals hearty and delicious. The service was excellent, as one would expect in a high-end NOLA restaurant. Just makes me want to get back to New Orleans sooner rather than later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Visited multiple times over the years and each time I enjoy it. Always have had good service always had great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I have been here a couple of times for lunch. Took my wife here for dinner and we had an excellent meal and excellent service.Special Features:
- A truly wonderful lunch.ASUProfDined on 9/25/2014Four of us dined at 1:30 pm on a Thursday afternoon, and were blown away by the really great food. Our out of town guests were floored at the wonderful variety, totally fantastic food, including an astounding cheesecake dessert topped with Canadian bacon [!!], and a generally outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- T42PLZVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had a great dinner, with a fabulous server - who NEVER interrupted us, but was always there when we wanted her. The food was perfect, as always. The fried green tomatoes are always excellent.Special Features:
- Great venue, and good foodgoogooDined on 9/6/2014The place is beautifully decorated. We have eaten here before, but this time the food was just average, and we paid too much to have just average food.Special Features:
- ConsistentMimiDined on 8/13/2014Owen Brennan's is a perennial favorite for business lunches. Good food, prompt professional service, and a consistent experience is why I keep coming back.Special Features:
- 2nd strike & I'm out.BeachClubBumVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is not that good and not worth what they charge.
- The following 128 reviews are from the Owen Brennan's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Delicious and quiet Saturday lunchMemphistouristDined on 7/19/2014We were expecting a delicious lunch based on New Orleans' Brennan's reputation and we had that. My meal was a vegetarian plate of my choices, perfectly cooked roasted lemon-chili Brussels sprouts, jicama slaw, and creAmy cheddar grits. Everything was flavorful, with justify right mix of flavors and levels of spices. The restaurant is located outside of Memphis proper in a building set back from a busy road. So eating here will be in a well decorated, warm and elegant dining room, but will not have the charm of an older building, the outside dining, and walkable convenience a tourist will find in dowtown Memphis. Service was friendly, but we had to ask twice for several things, each forgotten, though the restaurant was not at all busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress Amber was greatLSUinMemphisDined on 7/17/2014We had a party of 10. Amber was fantastic. She ensured that each one of us were taken care of. The food was splendidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceKethleyVIPDined on 7/1/2014I made a reservation on open table for 9 pm walked in at 845 and they told me at 858 that the kitchen closed at 9 pm. They didn't give me the chance to wait for my coworker who had just drove in from St. Louis through storms (after united lost her kuggage) and order something for us to eat. I will never attempt to eat here again.
- SamOVIPDined on 6/6/2014Definitely good food with lots of good sounding choices. Keeping up the New Orleans tradition in Memphis - great east end find.Special Features:
- classy new orleansskosDined on 5/31/2014upscale décor matches the upscale food offering combining New Orleans basics like Muffallata and beignets with blackened fish, beignets, and creole cooking. Business lunch menu is perfect as it provides good value and quantities for reasonable prices. Casual bar area but other locations are white table cloth and suitable for business or romantic conversations as the noise level is low.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014I am a native memphian who has relocated to atlanta. Whenever I come home to visit, I make it a point to go to Owen Brennan's either for dinner or brunch. The food is outstanding and always consistent. I have never been disappointed with any dish I have tried. Its a great Memphis staple.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceNoneDined on 5/8/2014I have been to Owen Brennan's before, and have had better experiences. We had the slowest, most inefficient and unengaging service I've had in years at any restaurant. Even Chick-fila has miles on this restaurant for service.
- CHagueDined on 4/22/2014Always accommodating to mid size to large business groups. Only thing we all (6 of us) noticed and could have done without was the projector and drop down screen over our head playing the basketball game. Seemed very out of place. Television at the bar would be sufficient here. Most people, business or pesonal, don't come to Brennan's to watch sports. Fox and Hound, or Buffalo Wild Wings has that covered. The varying brightness of the projector was very interruptive to our conversation. That said, the service and food was excellent and as consistent as it has ever been.Special Features:
- Not like other Brennan restaurantsHurricaneGalDined on 4/3/2014I do not think a family restaurant empire should start chaining out their name. We ate at several Breenan restaurants in New Orleans and this chain was just OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/24/2014Owen Brennan's is quickly becoming one of my go-to places for lunch in East Memphis. My guests always appreciate the food and the service. I've been lucky enough to have the same waitress the last couple of times and she remembers my bar order. A happy, well-trained staff and good, solid chefs means you can count on a great meal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time! Chris wasLEELEEVIPDined on 3/7/2014Had a great time! Chris was our waiter, did a great job!!!Special Features:
- Good and reliableTCashionDined on 3/1/2014Always enjoy eating at Owen Brennan's. Red snapper Perez is always good. Scallops were excellent. Reasonable prices, good wine selection by the glass, and they make a wonderful martini. Only thing that would make it better is if they had Roaring Tiger vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing servicekengyDined on 2/7/2014We had a reservation and were seated in about 30 seconds upon arrival. We had a waiter (I believe his name was Lance) that catered to our every need and was very personal. This is the type of service I love to see.Special Features:
- Table and seatingVSIIIDined on 2/3/2014I made a reservation for two, for Monday evening at 7:30 P.M. When I arrived with my date, the restaurant was virtually empty, but we were seated at a table in the middle of the floor. Did not know why we could not have been seated in a booth. It was early in the evening, but the restaurant seemed to be a rush. We were rushed to make our orders, so I ordered an appetizer to give us more time. When we asked for a more time, the waitress agreed, but came back when she felt that we had closed our menus and asked if we were ready to order. We got one piece of bread and the waitress never asked if we wanted more bread. Two tables were pushed together and one was shorter than the other, causing me to accidentally spill my tea.Special Features:
- Late-night dessertMeatAndPotatoesDined on 1/25/2014Came on this second night in a row to have the dessert I really wanted the night before but did not have time. The Bananas Foster is good (although not quite as excellent as served at the Mother Ship in NOLA). Great coffee and sweets with the fam. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband loved the friedShirleyvsVIPDined on 1/25/2014My husband loved the fried green tomato appetizer - it was a first for him. I found the fried eggplant somewhat under cooked.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks and service!MeatAndPotatoesDined on 1/24/2014We arrived in Memphis for a weekend with family to celebrate my birthday. Caught a last-minute reservation. The service was impeccable, for sure. My wife's filet was one of the best filets I have ever tried. My ribeye was excellent. I would suggest serving the relish/pico on the side. While having a great flavor itself, the heat took away from the flavor of the steak, which was perfectly cooked, by the way. Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014Our food was amazing and our waitress Amanda was fantastic! Only complaint is the hostess was very rude and didn't greet use when we came in. Then when she sat us at the worst table in the corner while the restaurant was pretty open, she was very annoyed when we asked to move.Special Features:
- Little Taste of NOLA in MemphisThomDined on 1/18/2014My wife and I have been here a few times over the years and are never disappointed. Upscale atmosphere, great food, and wonderful service. It will be a place you will add to your favorite restaurant short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchraweeVIPDined on 1/18/2014We had a Saturday birthday lunch with ten people, and an excellent server named Brendan (I think). The food was all very good, and my only complaint is that the bloody mary was incredibly salty. They make a "cajun" bloody mary, with a salt-rimmed glass, and some salty mixture already added to the Zing Zang mix. I'd just go for the regular bloody next time. I had to add a side car of vodka to thin out my sodium! I had the Turkey Reuben, other friends had salads, turtle soup, raw oysters, etc. Good timing, comfortable layout of our seats, we will be back. No problems!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulZutswayDined on 1/4/2014My wife and I visited for our 28th anniversary. The service was prompt and the server was very attentive to us as customers. It was a relaxing experience that I will definitely repeat. I had the Pasta Jambalaya with an incredible appetizer that I do not remember the name of. The appetizer was thinly shaved beef with tomatoes and greens with a very tasty sauce that completed the dish. When combined, awakened the dormant tastebuds that general fare tends to put to sleep. The Jambalaya was set in a slighty spicey cream sauce with every bite containing pasta and meat. Incredible does not do it justice. My wife had the Eggplant appetizer, delightful. She had the Jumbo Scallops and was very pleased. Only negitive, a mushroom side item. Too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu choices. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014Great menu choices. Wonderful food. Recommend the Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer and the Snapper Perez for a main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Year's Eve DinnerKodawg1980Dined on 12/31/2013Great table in a beautiful back room. Food was wonderful, and the service was great(except for a mix-up on one of the checks, but that was resolved). Would do it again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Memphis andluv2dineVIPDined on 12/17/2013First time to Memphis and this is an AWESOME restaurant. I highly recommend it. Had the express lunch for $15. Will definitely return with no hesitation.Special Features:
- New Orleans StyleChuckDined on 12/13/2013The "New Orleans" style cuisine was good, a tad pricy for Memphis. But, the steaks were surprisingly good. Definitely gives the steak places around Memphis a run for their money. Service was great but not too busy. Get there before 6 and your good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably greatKarenDined on 12/5/2013Visiting Memphis, we decided to try Owen Brennan's again and it was even better this time. I started with a salad and my husband had awesome red beans and rice. Try the rack of lamb - it's excellent. My husband said his flank steak was cooked to perfection and we both were happy with our sides. He had some really good bread pudding for dessert. Only our second time, but both times the food was very, very good and the server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedIcePrincessVIPDined on 11/19/2013I've been here several times, and ordered different items on the menu each time, to get the full experience. Also, I had been hoping to find something that I could order and enjoy on a regular basis. After 5 visits, I have found nothing on the menu that I can rave about. The food here is just okay. I wouldn't rule out returning to this restaurant, but if I never returned I definitely wouldn't miss it.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealretiredbuddiesVIPDined on 11/1/2013No matter where I travel I always try to find a New Orleans style restaurant. Was so happy to have dinner here. It's a beautiful restaurant and the service was very good. I had the gumbo and crawlfish etoufee - my husband the turtle soup and pasta jambalaya. All of the dishes were seasoned beautifully. The banana flambé was too heard to pass up, so I ordered it. It might have taken a few minutes too long to get it ready so the ice cream was almost gone, but it was still great. A little pricey, but what the heck we were on vacation.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodMomaVDined on 9/27/2013We love this place! The food is always above average and has become our benchmark to compare with other restaurants in town. The bar staff, especially Brian and Melissa are fantastic. They give you reliable recommendations and suggestions. The restaurant is clean and well maintained. Another positive is the relatively low turnover rate of staff. They seem to genuinely like to work together. I know we can go in at any time and get consistently well prepared food. We love taking friends there and now they go back too!!Special Features:
- Fast FoodKathyFVIPDined on 9/19/2013Food was excellent but the entrees arrived before I had more than a few bites of my salad. When I objected, the waitress offered to take them back and put them under hot lights until we were ready. No. I didn't want warmed over food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2013Next time I'll make reservation for before noon to avoid getting a not so great table (next to service tray).
- Observation ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2013The restaurant was too warm. Even the waitress was sweating. For the price, it was unacceptable. Waiters and waitresses don't bus tables regular enough and they stach all the dishes in a stack and carry away. When you charge these prices, train the staff correctly and/or hire busboy help.Special Features: