Overlook Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Overlook Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/taste/restaurant-collection/over-look-grill.aspx
- Phone: (877) 893-2003
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast | 8AM – 11AM
Lunch | 11AM – 3PM (Monday – Thursday), 11AM - 5PM (Friday & Saturday) and 11AM - 4PM (Sunday)
Bubbles & Brunch | Reopening 2014
Hours subject to change based on demand
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We do offer private dining options for parties 13 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Group Sales 8775517776x
A word from Overlook Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Overlook Grill features casual fare with hints of Riviera chic. Adjacent to the Boulevard Pool, this seasonal, indoor-outdoor dining scene is laid back with a hint of vintage glam. The menu offers simple and straightforward American staples, including uniquely curated options such as Red Velvet Waffles along with signature dishes like Crispy Fish Tacos and Charred Beef Salad. With its strong house-blend coffee, well-made Mimosas and Bloody Marys, it's the perfect breakfast or lunch destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Overlook Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Overlook Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- not what we had in mindsocialchefDined on 10/17/2014If you are looking for a nice little lunch by the pool. This is a cute little spot. Not a big menu selection. A bit over priced for the selections. Overall if your looking for a quick poolside lunch this is the place.Special Features:
- Overlook GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2014We went there for brunch but they no longer have a service -just lunch menu. We arrived at the Cosmopolitan at 11:30 am for a noon reservation. It took us 25 minutes to find the place in the hotel. The hotel signage could be better. Food was OK not great. Nice views. Service was slow. We were seated at noon and ordered right away but food took nearly an hour to arrive at our table. Others that were seated well after us received their orders and ate before we were served.Special Features:
- Good Vegas VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We meet friends here that we're visiting and it gave the Vegas vibe without the casino feel. Food and service was great. A little tricky to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick breakfastn2bspldVIPDined on 9/18/2014Stopped for a quick breakfast. Crab Benedict was great, hollandaise had a little pep, crab-cake moist and flavorful, only disappointment was deep fried potatoes. Partner had eggs, cooked perfect, great chicken sausage and fresh seasonal fruit. Waiter was pleasant, quick and took care to make sure everything was perfect. Nice spot right next to the pool.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014The menu options looked promising for brunch and it tasted good. Nothing about the experience was great. The outdoor seating overlooked the pool area and the portion size seemed slightly small for the price. Would not come back the next time in town.Special Features:
- Great for brunchMamaLubaDined on 8/31/2014Found this place thanks to the high rating on Foursquare and was not disappointed. One of our hunger over guests noted that he could "take this food to bed, it was so good".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachy, fun breakfast-lunch spothaleyostroDined on 8/16/2014I ate here in a party of 4. Getting to this restaurant was tough, as we ended up taking the escalator to the 4th floor Conference Center and didn't know we had to go back down to the 3rd floor and take the elevator back up to the 4th floor to access the shops/restaurants section. Confusing for first-time diners. Anyhow, I made an OpenTable reservation for 12:30pm, but it was hardly necessary as there were a few open tables already. The menu is pretty limited for lunch, with some odd-ball meals ranging from fish tacos to a breakfast croissant. The fish tacos were GREAT, but my friends said their plates were just OK (turkey burger, breakfast croissant). The food took at least about 45 minutes to come out, which was my biggest complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningHelendaQDined on 7/30/2014The food was good but it's really hot in the restaurant. They roll back the outside doors and bring the Vegas heat in.Special Features:
- There it was.KittyVIPDined on 7/30/2014It's Vegas. You need breakfast. Here are eggs and (quite good) potatoes and toast. They're decent enough. Congratulations for finding the place, because it's nearly impossible.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Overlook Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Catching up with an old friendstripfoodDined on 7/15/2014We had fast and friendly service with delicious food and delicious drinks! Great tacos and Thai beef salad..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMarskiDined on 5/24/2014Crab cake eggs Benedict and bottomless mimosas were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the poolTravel2EatVIPDined on 5/8/2014Great sitting next to the hottest pool on the strip. The food was okay and was like visiting the country club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodJJayDined on 5/6/2014The food was outstanding and the taste was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great lunch meeting location.RangerDined on 5/6/2014Excellent food and service. It's a good idea to make reservations as this restaurant can fill up fast during a busy lunch hour!Special Features:
- Superior service!RangerDined on 5/5/2014My business lunch meeting was on a tight timeline the day. Our server at the Overlook Grill was prompt in taking our order and expedited our meals. And the food was still excellent!Special Features:
- Relaxing...especially before 10AMMorganVIPDined on 5/1/2014We stayed at The Cosmopolitan the first week of May and were pleasantly surprised by the Overlook Grill. Obsessed with the Crabcake Eggs Benedict...Craving it now! It has a great open air concept with the ability to close the glass walls if it is raining. No view of the strip or any hotels unless you look waaaay up which is nice. It felt more like a resort in Mexico or the Caribbean. The only complaint was the staff...while they were nice they messed up our order 2 of the 3 times we ate there and didn't correct it on the bill either. A little word of advice, make sure you are seated in the shade or it can get a little unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnnaVIPDined on 10/11/2013Excellent quality with a quiet and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need better servicekoopkDined on 7/4/2013the waitess forgot our drinks twice. food came out very late. freshly squeezed grapefruit juice is good. Expensive yet food was okay. I hd the salmon which has no taste, but presented fairly well.Special Features:
- Great Bubbles and Brunchjamielyn87Dined on 6/23/2013The Bubbles and Brunch at Overlook Grill is quite amazing. It includes unlimited champagne and mimosas, monkey bread, and two entrees of your choice. There are not words that describe how delicious the monkey bread is. It is warm, gooey and absolutely amazing. As for the entrees, my boyfriend got the loco moco and I got the blue crab cake benedict. The blue crab cake benedict was absolutely delicious, maybe even my favorite dish ever. The loco moco was also very tasty. I would definitely say it is worth the $40/person, taking into consideration the unlimited alcohol and the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Ambiance? NoMushroomsandwichDined on 6/22/2013Forget outdoor dining with a view of the Cosmopolitan pool. The view is pretty bad on the patio with only obscured views of the pool.Special Features:
- Good location horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2013Location by the boulevard pool at the Cosmo is good. However the food was bland, service was horrible, and for what you get it is over priced. Do not order the quiche or the chopped salad. Two most bland dishes I have had in a long time. We went to have brunch with a group of 12. Only positive was that our table was ready on time and as requested. Manager tried to be nice but the 2 hour wait total, 1 hour to get simple brunch items and 1 hour to get our credit cards processed were excessive. Cosmo should rethink management of this restaurant. 3rd floor restaurants are run way better and loved Jaleo, Holsteins, and China Poblano.
- Amazing Experience!KevinVIPDined on 6/13/2013From the time I was greeted/seated, to getting my waitress, to presentation and eating of the food, and then departure from the restaurant, everything was amazing! :-D KCLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change isnt goodVegas82Dined on 6/9/2013The style of bubbles and brunch has changed for the worse and the service has fallen off too. I got my check and never got my dessert the portions were not consistent and the food was lacking character. Last summer was one of the best brunches in town.....this year I would say not even top 10
- Good but slowCoconutVIPDined on 5/24/2013I ate at this restaurant 2 times on our trip to Vegas. 1st time was fabulous! Great food & service. The 2nd time, the service was very slow- it took 50 minutes to get our food. When we inquired our waitress brushed us off & didn't offer to check with the kitchen. When our food arrived the toast was cold & only 1 refill of coffee. I assume service & food was worse on the 2nd day, as the restaurant was very busy- but really it's no excuse.Special Features:
- Mediocre at best...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/30/2013Mostly deep fried and bland food. Like deep fried (bland) cauliflower, bland salads and sauces. Poolside dining at its worst. The Calamari salad was bland, uninspired and looked like it was just thrown together by someone at a fast food joint. Definitely not what I would expect from a restaurant at the Cosmo - given the prices, Choose any other restaurant in the hotel. Secret Pizza on the third floor of the Cosmo is worth the walk from the pool in dripping wet shorts and flip flops to avoid this restaurant.
- Open, airry and awesome.wiggyDined on 4/21/2013My wife and I really enjoyed eating here over the past three years. It's really a great place for breakfast...especially in the spring or fall. With it's open-air atmosphere it reminds me of sitting on the back porch of a bed and breakfast, sipping on coffee and waking up to the morning air. The food is delicious. The menu isn't extensive, but it doesn't really have to be. Staff is friendly and attentive. Only knock is that it's a bit on the pricey side...at least for breakfast. Wife and I ordered the omlete. It comes with potatoes and bacon/sausage and a side of (awesome) toast. We had coffee and a mimosa each. Total price for that was $71...add a 20% tip and you're looking at an $85 breakfast. Still, we ate there every morning.Special Features:
- Deviled eggs benedictOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Overcooked eggs benedict and awful service. Took us 20 minutes to get water
- We had a great server andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013We had a great server and all had different entrees- all delicious and unique! Mimosas at brunch are a must :)Special Features:
- Great place for breakfast,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2013Great place for breakfast, and always served HOT! Exceptional wait staff. My wife and I enjoyed getting to know Chi Chi.Special Features:
- ThierryThierryVIPDined on 12/24/2012I had a great breakfast with the kids, very nice waitress too.Special Features:
- Best Brunch on the Strip!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2012The $40 small plate brunch is awesome. I think it is only served on the weekends after noon. You get to try lots of different things but my favorite was the monkey bread! Splurge and get a bottle of bubbles to go with your brunch!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable - staff wasJohnDined on 9/6/2012Very enjoyable - staff was friendly and professional - food was excellent and selection was goodSpecial Features:
- This review is based off theirOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/2/2012This review is based off their Restaurant Week Menu. Their steak and eggs are great, however the red bell peppers on the bottom were a little on the salty side. The stuffed french toast was good, but I would've preferred to pour my own syrup and have fresh strawberries over frozen ones. Overlook grill is right next to the pool and can get a bit noisy. The staff is nice, but since we came right before the bubbles and brunch service, they were busy setting up. Definitely recommend making reservations.Special Features:
- We had a great lunch and thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012We had a great lunch and there were 13 of us. Manager and server did a great jobSpecial Features:
- We were seated for 10 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012We were seated for 10 minutes without any wait staff acknowledging we were there so we left.
- Disappointing on all levels. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2012Disappointing on all levels. The "Switch" was not working correctly and when it was, was underwhelming. The food was unbalanced and overpriced. Overdressed salads, tasteless bread, overcooked chicken with soggy skin, bananas foster with waaaay too much sauce that drowned the coconut gelato... and more! The service started off well and than spiralled.
- Enjoyed the experience. StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012Enjoyed the experience. Staff very accommodating for all requests. Will go back soon.Special Features:
- made mothers day way more relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012Great food, friendly service that goes the extra mile, and a very comfirtable ambiance. Very enjoyable for breakfast and lunch.Special Features:
- Visited in May 2012, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012Visited in May 2012, food and service were great, very nice to be outside after spending much of my time indoors (meetings, meals, casinos). Cool to be poolside.Special Features:
- The Overlook Grill is in aLVdiningDined on 5/7/2012The Overlook Grill is in a good location since it is off the beaten path and overlooks the pool. The restaurant itself has tables both indoors and outdoors. Some of the outdoor seating might be an issue since it appears that several of the tables sit in the sun. I found the food less than stellar though considering the prices. Menu is somewhat limited but adequate for lunch. My server was very pleasant and attentive.Special Features: