1000 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ouzobay.com/
- Phone: 4437085818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Everd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room seats up to 30 guests, and is equipped with the newest projection equipment and screen, as well as a large indoor fireplace. The space has a view of the neighborhood and a quaint garden.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Attman 4437085818x
A word from Ouzo Bay
Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio during the Spring, and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the water, and cityscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ouzo Bay - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Ouzo Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (151)special occasion (143)fit for foodies (136)hot spot (114)vibrant bar scene (100)scenic view (89)romantic (77)notable wine list (62)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (58)late-night find (30)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)Show More
- DisappointedJamesDined on 10/22/2014This was for our twenty-first wedding anniversary and even though I made the reservation well in advance they crammed us in the bar area in a completely unromantic spot. I ordered a glass of Grenache to accompany my dinner and it never appeared. y the time our waiter came around it would not have made sense to have it so I left it alone. I ordered my lamb chops medium rare and they were practically well done. Rather than disrupt my wife's meal on our anniversary and send them back I dealt with it. These were comped but I was double galled that any restaurant which charges these prices could blow such a simple request let alone a Greek one. I am not inclined to return but my wife loves this place so I guess she will go with her friends.
- Awesome!AmazingDined on 10/19/2014I had heard many great things about Ouzo Bay. I finally tried it for myself and was overwhelmed with the service and the food. Even the bread served with oil was great...the bread. The end with a great complimentary shot (nothing strong) which was a nice surprise. The food was prepared exceptionally well. I'll definitely go back for a date night or a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night with friendsDoug419Dined on 10/18/2014It was a lot of fun. Great service! I, definitely, am going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great memoriesLeahDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was highly recommended and they were right! Everything was excellently prepared with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great!southfloridafoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014Our expectations were exceeded after dining at Ouzo Bay. The food was fresh and delicious. The fish entrees were great especially the salmon and halibut. The vegetarian beans were great. Great wine list too.Special Features:
- Greek done Great!SunnyTexDined on 10/14/2014Ouzo Bay commands a magnificent view of Harbor East and illuminates that ambience throughout it's azure blue and ultra modern appointments, both inside and outside dining areas. The menu is filled with enticing options that are infused with old world Greek tradition, but with a vibrant twist in flavors. The service was outstanding. The food was delicious and the variety of options will satisfy even the most discerning tastes. Must try items: The grilled octopus, lamb chop and the emek kataifi.Special Features:
- JudypieVIPDined on 10/11/2014From the moment you enter the door, you are treated to an elegant dining experience. Ambience, menu, service, cuisine - all are outstanding. We had the grilled Kona, and I was almost transported back to Hawaii where I first enjoyed this delicious fish a few weeks ago. I dined at Ouzo twice last week. Wish it could be every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbierobbieDined on 10/10/2014First time eating in Baltimore in years. Loved Ouzo Bay and would definately go back. Great seafood, atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/6/2014Food was phenomenal, service was impeccable. Very lively atmosphere. Took a group of out of town colleagues to dinner and they loved it. Thanks for being one of Baltimore's best.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014Our server was a caring pro. Our meals were terrific. I had the halibut with lobster...amazing. My date has the scallops...very nice (I'm not a huge scallops fan but it had a lot of flavor). The setting was very nice, as my date and I could really enjoy each other.Special Features:
- Great foodSpanishfoodieDined on 10/5/2014Great food! great service! I was disappointed about the size of the Langostinos very expensive and surprisingly small not worth the price.Special Features:
- First time visitPolishPedroDined on 10/4/2014Everything was fantastic. Everything. However the club music from the bar carried into our part of the restaurant. It was just loud enough to make it difficult for my wife and I to talk comfortably. Was not that bothersome but no establishment can be perfect. This is my one (very minor) complaint. Overall a great place. Has everything. Location, great food, good people watching, good service, great wine (especially if you prefer whites).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was vibrant and very energetic. The service was good as was the food . My unforgettable experience was getting hit by a piece of flying glass when a lady at the next table dropped her wine glass. Unbelievable!Special Features:
- Great service.Average foodCurlieloxDined on 9/30/2014Beautiful restaurant. Super attentive staff. Seriously overpriced average food. We started with the grilled calamari and flaming cheese. Calamari was delicious and worth the $14 price. Flaming cheese was a cute gimmick, but super salty and quickly hardened to a rubbery consistency. We shared the Bronzino -grilled whole ($28 per lb for very bland fish) with a side of potatoes ($7 for 4 small, super lemony wedges) and green beans ($7 for delicious beans in a tomato and cinnamon? Sauce). For 2 people, drinking water to share an entree and 2 apps, it was $40 each for a forgettable meal. I've paid a lot more for dinner elsewhere, but IMO dinner just wasn't worth the price tag. But it's worth a look for the gorgeous decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I had a reservation for 8 people on Saturday night. Our reservation was for 8:30pm. Our group was not seated for about 20-25 minutes later but the Ouzo Bay staff did everything to make ourselves comfortable. As soon as we were seated, the staff sent out an appetizer tray and champagne to apologize for the wait. Our waiter was fantastic. He did a great job explaining each meal to us. My party was more excited as the food came out. Each dish kept getting better and better. There were a few New Yorkers in my group and they mentioned that this was one of the best meals they have had in a very long time. I can't stress enough that this is a must place to visit. I will definitely be back. Food and service gets an A++++:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOuzoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Waitress was the worst I've experienced in a long time. Food was very good, that said.Special Features:
- Engaging waiter, great servicedeecathDined on 9/26/2014We sat outside at what seemed to be a bar table although we had a reservation. It was great, though, as we got a view of the harbor and a much lower volume level than the hopping bar scene inside. Our waiter was engaging and extremely helpful throughout our dining experience. The food was great - whole fish excellent, lamb chops a little dry but overall finely prepared. They even gave us a complimentary baklava for our anniversary. Very fun!Special Features:
- Amazing from A-ZAkbjhVIPDined on 9/26/2014The best food and service a must try! We love Ouzo BaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentKathy0808Dined on 9/26/2014Our "go to" place for great food. Love the seafood preparation - simple and perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouzo bayEEEEVIPDined on 9/24/2014Very good calamari and the Greek cheese was excellent as well Enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- Off the charts!MistyRiverLadyVIPDined on 9/23/2014What a great dining experience - the vibrant, electric atmosphere coupled with outstanding food and service. For those who appreciate dining as an experience from the moment you walk in the door. Thank you, Ouzo Bay, for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I went to this resturant with my best friend as a birthday gift and was very disspointed and suprised by the poor service and food. The waiter only came a couple of times to check on us and one of those times is because I flagged him down to pay the bill. He was nice but not attentive at all. The food was ok but not stellar as the reviews had stated. I had called ahead to request sitting outside and instead got sat at the bar area and it was so loud the only way my friend and I could talk was by texting each other on the phone. I can not express how dissapointed I am with this place and have vowed to never return.Special Features:
- Great food, a bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Delicious seafood options. Our group of 5 shared several appetizers and a 4lb whole fish that was wonderfully prepared and presented. We were seated at an elevated U shaped booth and unfortunately one end of the table could not hear the other without leaning across the table.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and AmbianceRselma1Dined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic. The fresh whole fish selection was great and I liked the fact that the whole fish was butterflied. Presentation of the octopus was great and the saganaki was perfect as expected. Our server was great. Had an excellent off the cuff knowledge of the menu, got us our drinks in a very timely manner, and was quick to make recommendations on the menu. At the end of the night he surprised us with a shot of Ouzo each which was a very nice digestive to close out the evening. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014You have to try the fresh fish, it's amazing and guilt free. Their bar is very lively and looks like a great spot to have a drink. Service was good although we waited a couple minutes past our reservation time. Will def dine again!Special Features:
- Some thing is missing...BigfoodieDined on 9/19/2014We had reservations on a Friday night however there were no tables for two available. We waited 20 mins even though the hostess told us it would only be 5 mins. We decided to eat putsid since that was the only area that had available seating. The bus boy gave us water I said hello...he did not respond. Another 5 mins went by after we received a table before our server got to our table. It was windy and cold sitting outside so after we got our order taken we wen t back insid to see if there was a table available inside yet. Thankful we only waited another 10 min before wee were seated inside. The lamb chops are Delicious and decent portion. Spanakopita is gross..worst I've ever had. The Greek beignets are amazing. Great decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restauranthumbleguesDined on 9/13/2014service and food was great! the ambience was very nice. the music was a little too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Delicious FoodPandaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very positive dining experience. Wwe took our nephew for his 16th birthday and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. Ben,our server, was very professional with spot on recommendations. Delicious food and beautiful surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a happy birthday for my fianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Both me and my fiance enjoyed our Mediterranean experience... we would both recommend this restaurant to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring your ear plugssushiandsakeDined on 9/12/2014This was my first time to Ouzo. It was jam packed with people. The food and service were good considering how crowded it was. I really wanted to try the whole fish. This is what we were told they specialize in. But, it's noted in the menu that any of the whole fish take up to 40 mins to prepare. Unfortunately, because of the noise level in the bar area seating, we didn't enjoy our experience. I will try Ouzo again. However, I will request outside seating and make sure I have at least two hours to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation means nothing hereBethVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food, terrible greeting and hostess experience. If it hadn't been a business dinner, I would have walked out. Reservation means nothing here. Even when the restaurant is empty and the bar is full, you will not be seated unless your entire party is there. So if you have people coming into town during rush hour, good luck! Your reservation means nothing.Special Features:
- Deene3VIPDined on 9/10/2014Incredibly fantastic food. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals, the service was perfect!! I had the seas bass and it was delicious!! Can't wait to go back with the entire family.Special Features:
- Foodie1VIPDined on 9/8/2014Love it there. Need bigger martiniglasses.love the fish. Not crazy about the calamari. Love the outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Piece of GreecesimplygoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014The next best thing to actually dinning in Greece! The fresh fish selection is outstanding and cooked simply and perfectly. Mediterranean dining at is best right in Harbor East. Service excellent, decor comfortable and clean, outside dining available overlooking Harbor. Highly recommend this gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, excellent RestaurantDaisy4648Dined on 9/7/2014Ouzo Bay has a hip ambiance to it, wonderful food and great service. The fish selections are terrific. The jumbo prawn are pricey, but out of this world!Special Features:
- See and be seenRaqMonsterDined on 9/5/2014This is another hot spot in the Harbor East area to see and be seen. The food and service were both in line with expectations. The Mediterranean and seafood options were the highlights of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningPokey1Dined on 9/3/2014I frequent the Baltimore Inner Harbor area because of work and have been to Ouzo three times. It's a bit pricy but excellent food and the service is wonderful. I will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointment !TasteBuddyDined on 9/1/2014Venue very pretty but miserably hot due to an unfathomable decision to keep open the doors to the outside patio. No other table was offered & attempts to increase the AC ineffective. Our round table for 5 was meant for 8 & frustrated conversation across the table in a very noisy room. We wore business casual, but one of us was embarrassed at being asked to remove his hat ( a very nice one !) that failed the dress code yet sloppy sport shirts, braless halter tops, baggy pants & decidedly pizza parlor casual were all around. Go figure !! Appetizer plate for 2-4 was skimpy & lacked character, the food was just OK and the presentation needed work. No WOW factor & nowhere near worth the cost ! Lots better Greek food elsewhere in this city !
- greatly disappointedfoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Asked if we wanted to sit in or out and then opened sliders to outside. Gone was the cool air conditioning and welcome bugs! Just what we didn't want. Waiters continually reaching over me and my plate and my wine glass to access table. Not very appetizing. Food not inspiring or memorable. Prices for appetizers high. Octopus soggy. Moussaka with more vegetables than meat. Lobster orzo good. Seafood pasta with too much tarragon. Waiter with minimum knowledge about wine on menu.Special Features:
- Had a great experience at Ouzo Bay!ClydesdaleDined on 8/31/2014Went there with my party of four, and we had a fantastic time! The food was superb, the presentation elegant, and the service outstanding! Our waitress was very attentive, and the entire staff pitched in to make sure that our water glasses were filled at all times! It seemed like any time we took a sip, the glasses were immediately filled! Great attention to detail, valet parking was fast, easy and efficient! The whole experience was a bit pricey, but definitely worth it! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.