1000 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ouzobay.com/
- Phone: (443) 708-5818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Everd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room seats up to 30 guests, and is equipped with the newest projection equipment and screen, as well as a large indoor fireplace. The space has a view of the neighborhood and a quaint garden.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Attman 4437085818x
A word from Ouzo Bay
Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio during the Spring, and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the water, and cityscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ouzo Bay - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Ouzo Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (116)great for outdoor dining (101)hot spot (101)vibrant bar scene (78)scenic view (66)notable wine list (60)good for groups (59)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (55)late-night find (27)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2014Brian (I believe the GM) and the server were awesome! The food was perfect. Hostess too. It was a great 13th Anniversary celebration. I own restaurants and appreciated how well run and good this restaurant is. We must return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Lovely spot. Good food. Waitress, Liz, was wonderful, very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic DiningGemma2Dined on 11/21/2014Gorgeous restaurant, very hip and chic. The food was outstanding, be sure to get the Mediterran platter appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestkatie03VIPDined on 11/15/2014While the restaurant may have been packed, the food didn't live up to the lively atmosphere. Grape leaves (dolmades) were grape leaves and hummus was hummus. There was nothing special about any of the food we had for dinner. The lemon roasted chick was good but everything is overpriced for what you get and once you factor in a 20% tip, you have spent close to $100 for 2 .... so next time I'm headed back to support a more mom and pop Greek place rather than a hip night-club bar scene in Harbor East. Yes, it's a nice space. Yes, you can get fresh seafood, but I don't need the noise and the high price tag to have a great meal.Special Features:
- Ozzo Bay - Always a winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Ozzu Bay is consistently excellent. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- It's Greek to me!DrakeVIPDined on 11/14/2014Ouzo Bay was unexpectedly fantastic. We do not usually pick it for our first food choice but it was so very good and service was outstanding!! The Octopus was recommended by the couple sitting next to us and it was wonderful,as was everything else we had. Our waiter was so friendly and helpful and honored us with a super dessert. Could not have had a better evening!!!tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Food Done RightColinVIPDined on 11/7/2014Ouzo Bay is perfect. I hope they never change what they are. The octopus they serve there is the best I've ever had, hands down. Just as good as Boulud's at Daniel in New York. Service has flare and is spot on. You cannot beat $7 happy hour small plates and wine. A great Harbor East spot. Will at the bar is always a pleasure. I can't wait to try their new place where Pabu used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TiermuseumguyDined on 11/6/2014My second visit to Ouzo Bay was even better than the first. Great food and attentive service. I had spanakopita and grilled red snapper. Both were perfectly prepared. It is a little pricey...but everything in Harbor East is a little pricey, and this is the exception that is actually worth the price.Special Features:
- DashVIPDined on 11/6/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the service was wonderful, although a bit pricey. Food presentation was very inviting, food was very salty.Special Features:
- InconsistentRogarDined on 11/4/2014Nice atmosphere if you like modern. Food was not good this time. Dorado was way overlooked. Crab cakes tasted like they were cooked in Campbell's Tomato Soup.Special Features:
- Great for Our Anniversary!Tanders24Dined on 11/3/2014Having an open table reservation was key! They sent us to a 'special' table, which sat us right in front of the fish display in the bar. It was a great view of the beautiful seafood, however we ordered the red snapper from the display and it really wasn't the best fish I have ever had, it lacked a lot of flavor or pizzaz. The octopus appetizer was incredible however! So were our cocktails and the lamb shank was good, however I didn't like the orzo medley with it. And to top it off we were surprised with a vanilla custard desert that was absolutely delicious! Make sure you write the occasion in the notes section when reserving on open table! We would have never received this special desert. Also, the service was spot on, they were perfect! The manager even came out to see how everything was. We had a lovely experience. All smiles from everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 11/3/2014One of Harbor East's best restaurants. Excellent Mediterranean restaurant with a broad selection of US and foreign fish to select from.Special Features:
- Amazing Greek FoodVerdeVIPDined on 11/1/2014Ouzo Bay does an outstanding job on the food, service and ambiance. Julian is one of our favorites. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Clearly the best dining experience in the 22 months we have lived in Baltimore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyKbrosenbergDined on 10/26/2014So great - esp. for special occasions. Service is stellar - food is on point. Our server, Mike, was particular enjoyable. Thank you!Special Features:
- The Food and Scene was fabulous!!!MrsKDined on 10/25/2014The lamb meatballs and grilled salmon was seasoned to perfection. I would recommend this place to all friends and family. The drinks were top shelf, not watered down at all, a great combination of food and drinks. Staff inside and valet were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulJoanieVIPDined on 10/25/2014I was taking 2 friends for birthday. I loved everything. The food and service were first class, we had a wonderful experience. The octopus appy was great and the Greek salad excellent. The waiter Nickolas was fabulous. He told us what to order and we loved the whole fish and the scallops. I was impressed with the décor and the food and the service. The check with wine was 180.00,but well worth the price. I would return knowing what the price would be.The birthday desert was wonderful,too.We had wine for 38.00,too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too popularAeddyDined on 10/24/2014Place was packed. Too loud and crowded for an anniversary dinner. Waiter, however, was wonderful.Special Features:
- Not overly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014Our first time there, and was not overly impressed. My moussaka had only 2 slices of eggplant in it (the rest was zucchini). A dish that was supposed to include "heirloom tomatoes" had cherry tomatoes in it. The appetizer portions are too large if you still want to eat a meal. Was disappointed that the Mezze Platter (serves 2-4) is $48. Would love to see a smaller size mezze platter than two people could share -- and still be able to eat an entrée. The octopus appetizer was very tasty, but with only two of us sharing, I barely had room for my meal. Service was top-notch, but not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Ouzo BayUnhappymealVIPDined on 10/23/2014Whole fresh fish was very disappointing. Appetizers and salads were small portions. Over the top noisy. Would not go back.Special Features:
- DisappointedJamesDined on 10/22/2014This was for our twenty-first wedding anniversary and even though I made the reservation well in advance they crammed us in the bar area in a completely unromantic spot. I ordered a glass of Grenache to accompany my dinner and it never appeared. y the time our waiter came around it would not have made sense to have it so I left it alone. I ordered my lamb chops medium rare and they were practically well done. Rather than disrupt my wife's meal on our anniversary and send them back I dealt with it. These were comped but I was double galled that any restaurant which charges these prices could blow such a simple request let alone a Greek one. I am not inclined to return but my wife loves this place so I guess she will go with her friends.
- Awesome!AmazingDined on 10/19/2014I had heard many great things about Ouzo Bay. I finally tried it for myself and was overwhelmed with the service and the food. Even the bread served with oil was great...the bread. The end with a great complimentary shot (nothing strong) which was a nice surprise. The food was prepared exceptionally well. I'll definitely go back for a date night or a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night with friendsDoug419Dined on 10/18/2014It was a lot of fun. Great service! I, definitely, am going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great memoriesLeahDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was highly recommended and they were right! Everything was excellently prepared with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great!southfloridafoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014Our expectations were exceeded after dining at Ouzo Bay. The food was fresh and delicious. The fish entrees were great especially the salmon and halibut. The vegetarian beans were great. Great wine list too.Special Features:
- Greek done Great!SunnyTexDined on 10/14/2014Ouzo Bay commands a magnificent view of Harbor East and illuminates that ambience throughout it's azure blue and ultra modern appointments, both inside and outside dining areas. The menu is filled with enticing options that are infused with old world Greek tradition, but with a vibrant twist in flavors. The service was outstanding. The food was delicious and the variety of options will satisfy even the most discerning tastes. Must try items: The grilled octopus, lamb chop and the emek kataifi.Special Features:
- JudypieVIPDined on 10/11/2014From the moment you enter the door, you are treated to an elegant dining experience. Ambience, menu, service, cuisine - all are outstanding. We had the grilled Kona, and I was almost transported back to Hawaii where I first enjoyed this delicious fish a few weeks ago. I dined at Ouzo twice last week. Wish it could be every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbierobbieDined on 10/10/2014First time eating in Baltimore in years. Loved Ouzo Bay and would definately go back. Great seafood, atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/6/2014Food was phenomenal, service was impeccable. Very lively atmosphere. Took a group of out of town colleagues to dinner and they loved it. Thanks for being one of Baltimore's best.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014Our server was a caring pro. Our meals were terrific. I had the halibut with lobster...amazing. My date has the scallops...very nice (I'm not a huge scallops fan but it had a lot of flavor). The setting was very nice, as my date and I could really enjoy each other.Special Features:
- Great foodSpanishfoodieDined on 10/5/2014Great food! great service! I was disappointed about the size of the Langostinos very expensive and surprisingly small not worth the price.Special Features:
- First time visitPolishPedroDined on 10/4/2014Everything was fantastic. Everything. However the club music from the bar carried into our part of the restaurant. It was just loud enough to make it difficult for my wife and I to talk comfortably. Was not that bothersome but no establishment can be perfect. This is my one (very minor) complaint. Overall a great place. Has everything. Location, great food, good people watching, good service, great wine (especially if you prefer whites).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was vibrant and very energetic. The service was good as was the food . My unforgettable experience was getting hit by a piece of flying glass when a lady at the next table dropped her wine glass. Unbelievable!Special Features:
- Great service.Average foodCurlieloxDined on 9/30/2014Beautiful restaurant. Super attentive staff. Seriously overpriced average food. We started with the grilled calamari and flaming cheese. Calamari was delicious and worth the $14 price. Flaming cheese was a cute gimmick, but super salty and quickly hardened to a rubbery consistency. We shared the Bronzino -grilled whole ($28 per lb for very bland fish) with a side of potatoes ($7 for 4 small, super lemony wedges) and green beans ($7 for delicious beans in a tomato and cinnamon? Sauce). For 2 people, drinking water to share an entree and 2 apps, it was $40 each for a forgettable meal. I've paid a lot more for dinner elsewhere, but IMO dinner just wasn't worth the price tag. But it's worth a look for the gorgeous decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I had a reservation for 8 people on Saturday night. Our reservation was for 8:30pm. Our group was not seated for about 20-25 minutes later but the Ouzo Bay staff did everything to make ourselves comfortable. As soon as we were seated, the staff sent out an appetizer tray and champagne to apologize for the wait. Our waiter was fantastic. He did a great job explaining each meal to us. My party was more excited as the food came out. Each dish kept getting better and better. There were a few New Yorkers in my group and they mentioned that this was one of the best meals they have had in a very long time. I can't stress enough that this is a must place to visit. I will definitely be back. Food and service gets an A++++:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOuzoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Waitress was the worst I've experienced in a long time. Food was very good, that said.Special Features:
- Engaging waiter, great servicedeecathDined on 9/26/2014We sat outside at what seemed to be a bar table although we had a reservation. It was great, though, as we got a view of the harbor and a much lower volume level than the hopping bar scene inside. Our waiter was engaging and extremely helpful throughout our dining experience. The food was great - whole fish excellent, lamb chops a little dry but overall finely prepared. They even gave us a complimentary baklava for our anniversary. Very fun!Special Features:
- Amazing from A-ZAkbjhVIPDined on 9/26/2014The best food and service a must try! We love Ouzo BaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentKathy0808Dined on 9/26/2014Our "go to" place for great food. Love the seafood preparation - simple and perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouzo bayEEEEVIPDined on 9/24/2014Very good calamari and the Greek cheese was excellent as well Enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features: