1000 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ouzobay.com/
- Phone: (443) 708-5818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Everd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room seats up to 30 guests, and is equipped with the newest projection equipment and screen, as well as a large indoor fireplace. The space has a view of the neighborhood and a quaint garden.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Attman 4437085818x
A word from Ouzo Bay
Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio during the Spring, and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the water, and cityscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ouzo Bay - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Ouzo Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (116)great for outdoor dining (101)hot spot (101)vibrant bar scene (78)scenic view (66)notable wine list (60)good for groups (59)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (55)late-night find (27)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Looking forward to a return visit!StellarRedHeadDined on 8/6/2014I heard good things about Ouzo Bay prior to my dining there last week. But their reviews did not quite do them justice, the food was by far FANTASTIC! I had the grilled octopus, which was so delectable I will go back just to partake in that again. I had a fresh fish entree of Dorade that had a lovely preparation of EVOO, salt, pepper and capers. It was my first time having Dorade and I would order it again. The ambiance is gorgeous, the lighting and the retractable doors that allow you to be inside but get that fresh air was a nice touch to our dining experience. I have already told several friends that the next time we are looking to dine out in the city we will be going to Ouzo Bay.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodJacksonDined on 8/4/2014The food here was awesome. Try the octopus... seriously just do it.Special Features:
- sweaty servers not attractivebigeatsravenfanDined on 8/4/2014the dining room had to be 85+ degrees. lamb shank delicious, grape leaves ok, my black cod a lot of scales and bones for the price, tzatziki bland, meatballs ok, grilled octopus was perfectly cooked, lemon potatos were hard as bricks and not tasty. its hard to mess up grilled veggies they were tasty. desserts were awesome.
- Nice Greek FoodKennyVIPDined on 8/2/2014This place is great if you are looking for a vibrant bar scene on a weekend night. The food and service are okay, but nothing extraordinary.Special Features:
- The Best Fish in B'more!DannymomDined on 8/2/2014The food was outstanding. The grilled calamari was possibly the best I ever had and my bronzini melted in my mouth. The waiter was professional and curtious with a full knowledge of the menu and recommended some fun cocktails and a fabulous dessert. This retaurant is a must for anyone looking for a fantastic meal in an elegant yet relaxed environment. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing, esp. for the priceDCDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014I had heard that this restaurant recently passed Charleston as the best restaurant in Baltimore. I beg to differ. The seafood was fresh but bland, salt being the primarily recognizable seasoning and the waitress was nice, but not familiar with the menu. You've never heard of Veuve Cliquot? Really??? For the prices, it was very disappointing. Even the dessert, a nice touch for my birthday, was uninspiring. It was a profiterole, drowning in chocolate sauce, with none of the flakiness you expect from the crust, which surrounded a thick, bland cream filling. The appetizer specials were good, tuna toro, but the grilled octopus could have used the red wine vinaigrette it was supposed to be dressed with and the broccolini was overcooked.Special Features:
- Good Food with Corresponding priceDrewDined on 8/2/2014Waiter was very good, grilled octopus was excellent and I consider myself a grilled octopus afficienado. Be prepared to spend 50-60+ a person if you drink. Recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed - overall.sharogirlDined on 8/1/2014I wasn't that impressed with Ouzo Bay. Food was good but...totally disappointed in the host/hostess. I had spoken to Alice - who seemed wonderful - about getting a great romantic table for 2. She wasn't there when we were going to be there. There really aren't any tables for this. Maybe outside if it's not 1000 degrees. Was completely let down by the table chosen for us - too small for two. Then moved into the bar. Don't want that if want a romantic type of table. Then moved into the back room where - again - if it's just 2 of you - it's not enough room and just not the place for a romantic type of dinner. I wouldn't go back - just because it also seemed like the host/hostess don't care. This place seems more made for 4+ tables.Special Features:
- StandardFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was pretty good. The service about average for the price point of the restaurant. When we sat down around 5 pm on a Friday there was plenty of seats however by 7-7:30 it became crowded. It 's a good scene for groups and where it's located in Harbor East is a vibrant scene and walkable to other night life attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 539 reviews are from the Ouzo Bay reviews archive.
- a favorite for special timesyummzesDined on 7/30/2014only for the $$ would i not go there more often. It is always a perfect meal timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek Feast!SolefudVIPDined on 7/28/2014Some of the best contemporary Greek food I've had, and I've had a lot. Will be back whenever I'm in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBaltimore14Dined on 7/28/2014Terrific in all aspects. Food was outstanding. Eating outside was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Meal... Poor experience.Adp329Dined on 7/27/2014We made a reservation for 7 at 7:30 and arrived around 7:15. We were told that guests were paying and that our table would be available shortly. We sat at the bar for a cocktail and had prompt and friendly service. At 8:00 we still hadn't been sat. The manager said they were still waiting for the table to open up but had a plan b for us. At 8:15 we were finally seated at their backup table. Our server had excellent insight on the menu however once we ordered, apps came at 9:00 and our entrees didn't arrive until 10:15. No explanation was offered by our server. Our meal was fantastic however Ouzo Bay did not make any apologies for the hour delay as well as the long ticket time. Not sure we will be back.Special Features:
- Delectable FishSheDinesAroundVIPDined on 7/26/2014Surpasses the other "fine dining fish houses" of Baltimore (Kali's Court, Black Olive), hands down! Service was a little lacking for such a high-end place, but overall, thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great spot in Harbour EastGabeDined on 7/26/2014Cant say enough about our dining experience at Ouzo Bay. The grilled octopus and calimari was a fantastic starter. We then shared a whole fish and the lamb chops. The wine recommendation was spot on... after dinning the bar was so lively we stayed and hung out for a bit. We will definitely be back....2 thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spotScottVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and atmosphere second to none in Baltimore. Lamb chops best I have had in a long time . In for a convention make sure you make a reservation and enjoy the night. Ouzo Bay = ExcellenceSpecial Features:
- mixedNewbyDined on 7/25/2014we were pleasantly with our first visit; lots of people enjoying their meals. Loud and fun atmosphere in the bar area. Delicious cocktails and grilled calamari. Not enough crab/avocado puree in the salad, for the money.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience.greekfamDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful experience. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OuzoBayduffyandrewsDined on 7/25/2014I went to OuzoBay with two friends for a get together. The food was great and the service friendly and quick. Because of price and noise-level, I wouldn't go here for any event that demands personal conversation. It's a hip little place though, and I truly enjoyed the food. The server was personable and helpful, and the manager stopped by to check on us--not obtrusive at all. All in all--worth the time to go there, just bring your full wallet!Special Features:
- Noise level ruined the eveningFoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant had great food and our server was wonderful but it is, without a doubt, the noisiest restaurant my husband and I have ever been to. We took out a friend for a belated birthday and we ourselves celebrated an anniversary but our conversation the whole evening had to be yelled across the table. We went on a Wednesday at 6:30p thinking that is typically not a busy night for dining. The restaurant was not completely full but it sounded like we were in a stadium. It's ashame because we did enjoy the food and the restaurant kindly sent celebratory desserts to our table. The sound of silence once we left was golden! Unfortunately, we won't be back as we simply cannot endure the noise.
- Not worth it, at allOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2014Over-priced mediocre food with inattentive service to top it off. There are far better places to dine in Baltimore.
- Special DinnerbroadeningtastesDined on 7/21/2014I came here for a birthday dinner. We chose to dine inside but there were plenty of people taken advantage of the outside dining. It's a Greek restaurant with a speciality in fish. I had the Alaskan halibut which was delicious and my boyfriend had the lamb chops which were cooked perfectly. Ouzo Bay has an intimate feel about it even with its openness.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayEnzo4reDined on 7/19/2014Great lamb chops and halibut mussels and everything else we tried our waiter Steve was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty gooddaveDined on 7/18/2014Food was pretty good. Their mussels for appetizer were pretty amazing. Service was pretty impressive. I would definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatOutTooMuchSomeoneElseCookVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was the 8th time we have visited Ouzo Bay. Still a great place but same menu (which is not bad) just looking for something new. I highly recommend it but go early. It is the loudest restaurant in Baltimore. Very energetic!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DiningnpsnDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated a birthday dinner here at Ouzo Bay. Excellent service right from the start, great wine list. We ate outside perfect ambiance. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Excellent fish and beef selections too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true dining experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed our evening can't wait to go back! Our waitress Rachel was so knowledgable about every item on the menu. She really made our dining choices become a great experience. I recommend trying a whole fish! Loved the outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/16/2014Fabulous restaurant. Lamb chops are divine. Big selection of excellent fish. Wonderful setting. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fresh Fish in BaltimoreHoosierDined on 7/16/2014I know, Baltimore is crab cakes, right? But this place does incredible fresh fish-- best in town, maybe the best I've had out East. Great spot for business dinner, everything is fresh and super-high quality.Special Features:
- Excellent service!EatingagainDined on 7/14/2014The service is what sets this establishment above all Baltimore area restraunts. From the time you valet your vehicle and walk in the front door you realize the staff is well trained and led by a caring management team that's on point. Far to many high priced local restraunts fail miserably with delivering exceptional service that was once expected with the fine dining experience. Oh, and the food was excellent - get the lamb chopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BaltimoreSollonDined on 7/12/2014The food and atmosphere make this a great place as it is, but it must also pass the celebrity test, Derek Jeter was at the table next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a pleasureGrendelDined on 7/12/2014Restaurants aren't established just by their well known dishes but at least as much as by the little things. Here not only was the spanakopita and the saganacki the best we ever had and the Baramundi was fantastic, but the rice was delicious. Too often restaurants treat the sides as an afterthought, but here they are as carefully crafted as the main courses. We loved it and I highly recommend Ouzo Bay.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014All around great meal! Amazing octopus appetizer. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- octopus loversAriesDined on 7/10/2014The grill octopus is the best I have ever had. Even my wife, who does not like unusual seafood, loves the octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDannyDDined on 7/8/2014Everything was great, the service, the venue, the apps, the cocktails and most of the food I tried was divine. I would definitely recommend the Achilles Heel cocktail and the octopus appetizer. Having tried the lamb chops, halibut, and sea bass, all were amazing. I could not recommend the lamb shank. Although cooked to perfection, falling off the bone, the flavor lacked any kind of distinguishing character. All-in-all it was a great evening and I will be going back. I would definitely like to hit their happy hour.Special Features:
- Overall Good ExperienceJoannaDined on 7/8/2014I recently ate here during a business trip to the Baltimore Harbor area. The restaurant is brand new, all of the decor is very elegant and welcoming. I had the zucchini chips to start along with the pork chops as my entree. The zucchini chips were delicious. They were fried, but not overly breaded or greasy. Portion size was huge! The pork chops were OK. I was expecting a lot more flavor from the dish, however it fell a little short of expectations. Overall experience was very pleasant and the waiter was very helpful and attentive. Would definitely return to this restaurant when back in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining at Ouzo Bay. thanks to the management for the anniversary dessert. That was such a nice touch and appreciated.Special Features:
- Hit the spotBigGDined on 7/5/2014Went to Ouzo Bay on a Sat evening in early July. Weather was warm but breezy, so we ate outside. Service was attentive without being overbearing. We split the spinach pie and fried calamari. The calamari was lightly breaded and with a perfect texture. The spinach pie was deep dish and had a pungent and flavorful feta. My wife had the halibut and I had two langoustines. The halibut was cooked perfectly, although she may have enjoyed less sauce. The langoustines were grilled to perfection and lightly flavored, allowing their natural sweetness to show through. An expensive dinner, but well worth it!Special Features:
- WonderfulregularcustomerVIPDined on 7/5/2014What a gem! With a great harbor setting and postmodern design, Ouzo Bay is comfortable and attractive. The service is top-notch. And the food was delicious. We had outstanding grilled calamari and perfectly prepared sea bass. Looking forward to returning and trying more menu items.Special Features:
- Hopa!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Coming from a Greek family it is hard dining out at a Greek restaurant as you end up comparing everything to your Nona's cooking and usually end up disappointed. I wouldn't tell her but this passed the test. Everything was delicious. The wait staff was quick and attentive and the ambiance was nice. The restaurant itself is very clean and modern. My only criticism would be noise levels. This place would do well to add some sound isolation to at least a section of the main restaurant for those that want a slightly more intimate vibe. With all the openness and metal surfaces it tended to be on the loud side. Wonderful restaurant though.Special Features: